FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > why

why

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Why are other members so obsessed by what other members do and say on here?Everyone always seems to have nasty comments and digs on the forums.Have we all forgot why we joined here? I joined for fun to enjoyMeeting new people and exploring new sexual encounters.I think a lot need to ask themselves why they joined and maybe get back to basics of enjoying the site I know its an open forum which we can all air our _iews but more & more Im seeing people getting personal digs at others ive always been taught if youve not got anything nice to say to someone dont say anything at all

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Here here

Well said that lady! Things get all too personal and downright unpleasant at times. We are adults on an adult site....and should treat each other with respect. We are all human......

By *adybee77Woman  over a year ago

MAMOBA, miles and miles of bugger all (Aberdeenshire)

Sadly for some people, hiding behind a computer screen allows them to vent their frustrations and nastier side of their personalities comes out to play.

Its also, sometimes what is said in jest/sarcasm may well come across as nasty as body language and tone are lost.

Personally, I've found some people just don't like blunt honesty, and thats how I am in real life, so thats how I am on here.

Its always hard on forums, folk who think they're typing with a wry smile on their face, their comments are sometimes jumped on by others and it turns into a witch hunt, don't get me wrong the really bitchy or nasty comments haver no place on here, we are all Meant to be adults, but some folks definition of that are miles apart, John

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

The forums and why we joined the site are two diffrent things dont think many joined thinking kiss shag avoid or millers musings was top of the list.perhaps some folk had given up on the forums as the past yr has seen massive changes in how it is used yup im one of those who thinks this. And it grates on them to see the same folk saying the same thing over and over and the fanboys n girls leaping on the bandwagon agreeing with anything the main group says but thats just my opinion and fully expect it to be put down

"The forums and why we joined the site are two diffrent things dont think many joined thinking kiss shag avoid or millers musings was top of the list.perhaps some folk had given up on the forums as the past yr has seen massive changes in how it is used yup im one of those who thinks this. And it grates on them to see the same folk saying the same thing over and over and the fanboys n girls leaping on the bandwagon agreeing with anything the main group says but thats just my opinion and fully expect it to be put down "

"The forums and why we joined the site are two diffrent things dont think many joined thinking kiss shag avoid or millers musings was top of the list.perhaps some folk had given up on the forums as the past yr has seen massive changes in how it is used yup im one of those who thinks this. And it grates on them to see the same folk saying the same thing over and over and the fanboys n girls leaping on the bandwagon agreeing with anything the main group says but thats just my opinion and fully expect it to be put down "

What just like your own we clique or haven't you noticed lol

Sometimes people are just nasty in real life and their unhappiness spill into most things they do . They can't help but take it out on those who they deem doing wrong or maybe others remind them of themselves . Who knows, but I agree with what you said about growing up and if you can't say something nice say nothing at all . Life is to short to be full of anger resentment and full of hate . Sadly some will never change or see it any other way. There's been a straight talker and making things personal at every turn , in my opinion and a select few can't differentiate .

As I say that's only my opinion

coatbridge

Can say in all honesty I speak my own mind have no clique im just as likly to disagree with someone who I agree with on a seprate topic lol was there a bit in your post about nasty comments oh dear

"Can say in all honesty I speak my own mind have no clique im just as likly to disagree with someone who I agree with on a seprate topic lol was there a bit in your post about nasty comments oh dear "

you are obsessed about cliques on here you seem to use the term time & time again I personally have Seen a

clique forming in the forum do speak my own mind also but you must admit read some of the posts seem to be getting more & more personal if you dont like what you see simply move on I think it is very simple

"Sometimes people are just nasty in real life and their unhappiness spill into most things they do . They can't help but take it out on those who they deem doing wrong or maybe others remind them of themselves . Who knows, but I agree with what you said about growing up and if you can't say something nice say nothing at all . Life is to short to be full of anger resentment and full of hate . Sadly some will never change or see it any other way. There's been a straight talker and making things personal at every turn , in my opinion and a select few can't differentiate .

As I say that's only my opinion "

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

My policy on here has been to block people who are rude and nasty whether it's been personal to me or not as these are not people who intrest me in the slightest.

What does piss me off are the people who I have blocked for various reasons who simply can't get on with their day to day things on here without having personal digs at people who have blocked them.

I'm subjected to this almost on a daily basis on here and many people can see it to.

If it bothered me that much I'd stop posting fact I still post proves my point I think.

I joined here for fun pure and simple.

As the op has said back to basics and keep it fun peeps

coatbridge

"Can say in all honesty I speak my own mind have no clique im just as likly to disagree with someone who I agree with on a seprate topic lol was there a bit in your post about nasty comments oh dear

you are obsessed about cliques on here you seem to use the term time & time again I personally have Seen a

clique forming in the forum do speak my own mind also but you must admit read some of the posts seem to be getting more & more personal if you dont like what you see simply move on I think it is very simple "

if you simply move on its not a forum surely there is room in the world for more than one point of _iew I care not if some agree with me or not and yes I know others who cant bare to even look at the forums anymore but what I write is my thoughts plain and simple

I've said the same thing many times kola that no one is holding a gun to my head telling me what to type on these forums.

What's typed from my profile are my words and my thoughts not anyone else's.

By *ustcutieWoman  over a year ago

edinburgh

I post what I want when I want and say what I think, if folk agree with me or not I don't give a toss. As has been said it's only an Internet forum and doesn't impact on my life or even how I use the site . Unfortunately some of the folk who are forever accusing a "clique" or an "anti clique " are often the ones who feel they are superior to everyone else... At the end of the day there will be folk who agree with each other and those that don't ... Exactly the same as in life

By *eatherWoman  over a year ago

glasgow

I type what i want in here and please lets get back to basics the bitching in her is awful at times lets make love not war

"I post what I want when I want and say what I think, if folk agree with me or not I don't give a toss. As has been said it's only an Internet forum and doesn't impact on my life or even how I use the site . Unfortunately some of the folk who are forever accusing a "clique" or an "anti clique " are often the ones who feel they are superior to everyone else... At the end of the day there will be folk who agree with each other and those that don't ... Exactly the same as in life "

I have a fairly positive thought process regarding most things . I use the forums for MY enjoyment, for MY thoughts , MY opinions . If people don't like them then that's their perogative. I've went to socials where folk don't like me or speak to me again that's their choice it really doesn't affect me . The world is bit enough and I'm adult enough to not let anyone drive me away from forums socials or anything else that may take place . If people are being driven away bowed down or pissed off with forums then don't use them simple . If I stopped enjoying what I get from fab then I wouldn't use it but I love it and will continue to do what I enjoy . Simple

"I have a fairly positive thought process regarding most things . I use the forums for MY enjoyment, for MY thoughts , MY opinions . If people don't like them then that's their perogative. I've went to socials where folk don't like me or speak to me again that's their choice it really doesn't affect me . The world is bit enough and I'm adult enough to not let anyone drive me away from forums socials or anything else that may take place . If people are being driven away bowed down or pissed off with forums then don't use them simple . If I stopped enjoying what I get from fab then I wouldn't use it but I love it and will continue to do what I enjoy . Simple "

Forums are all about people's opinions and are a great place for discussions. The world would be a very boring place if we all agreed on everything. That said there is no need for people to get nasty or rude. If you can't put your point across without being rude or nasty then keep it to yourself.

By *eatherWoman  over a year ago

glasgow

"Forums are all about people's opinions and are a great place for discussions. The world would be a very boring place if we all agreed on everything. That said there is no need for people to get nasty or rude. If you can't put your point across without being rude or nasty then keep it to yourself. "
well said

We all make impressions on people good and bad, I'd like to leave here thinking I made the right impressions but I know not all will think I have but that's their problem and not mine

I say what I think I wont change how i put it across just to be liked or have someone kiss my ass.This forum has went right downhill and full of ass licking threads in the past few years and as posted before most of the decent fun posters are giving them a wide birth .Different _iews and debate is good till one runs in a huff about whats been said and half a dozen run back with crap to defend them.If your good enough to give then stand on your own two feet and take whats given back.

As said above this is fun not everyday life .......get over it !

Does it really. Matter wot the( fanboys or girls say) does it really. Matter that some peeps. Just like following. Along.

Does it really. Matter that some people. Post the same or similar. Threads

Ff's it's just a forum, you can just post if you like as for the cliques, jesus cmon really. Some people. Who have found a common. Ground with similar. Ideas and likes. Who's next for the chop the cubs, brownies, the chess club. No not everyone. Is gonna. Get on and agree, but let's not let it get personal, I still see my self as a christian. Person and would. Hope most would too

By *ndykayMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

Because they can I'm afraid

"I say what I think I wont change how i put it across just to be liked or have someone kiss my ass.This forum has went right downhill and full of ass licking threads in the past few years and as posted before most of the decent fun posters are giving them a wide birth .Different _iews and debate is good till one runs in a huff about whats been said and half a dozen run back with crap to defend them.If your good enough to give then stand on your own two feet and take whats given back.

As said above this is fun not everyday life .......get over it !"

how do you what people do? how do you know people ain't standing on their own two feet!That's what really baffles me in that people seem to think they know what people

"Does it really. Matter wot the( fanboys or girls say) does it really. Matter that some peeps. Just like following. Along.

Ff's it's just a forum, you can just post if you like as for the cliques, jesus cmon really. Some people. Who have found a common. Ground with similar. Ideas and likes. Who's next for the chop the cubs, brownies, the chess club. No not everyone. Is gonna. Get on and agree, but let's not let it get personal, I still see my self as a christian. Person and would. Hope most would too "

very good point !! It's like saying don't follow music , make your own . Don't follow fashion, design your own !!

Oops appears I may be ass licking here .. oh well i hope you enjoyed it as it's meant to be FUN hehe .

LIVE AND LET LIVE might be whats needed with some folks .

Why let others bother you if it's of no interest to you ??? Baffling at times

Not seem to think comes from having same friends , word of mouth works wonders on here , some peoples mouths or should that be feet ? are to big that often causes them to trip themselves up

"Does it really. Matter wot the( fanboys or girls say) does it really. Matter that some peeps. Just like following. Along.

Ff's it's just a forum, you can just post if you like as for the cliques, jesus cmon really. Some people. Who have found a common. Ground with similar. Ideas and likes. Who's next for the chop the cubs, brownies, the chess club. No not everyone. Is gonna. Get on and agree, but let's not let it get personal, I still see my self as a christian. Person and would. Hope most would too very good point !! It's like saying don't follow music , make your own . Don't follow fashion, design your own !!

Oops appears I may be ass licking here .. oh well i hope you enjoyed it as it's meant to be FUN hehe .

LIVE AND LET LIVE might be whats needed with some folks .

Why let others bother you if it's of no interest to you ??? Baffling at times "

it was device I think

By *andACouple  over a year ago

glasgow

There should always be room for opposing points of _iew on the forums and as adults on an adult website we should be able to accept that and deal with it. If people are being nasty or whatever for no particular reason then that's a different story but people should be able to differetiate between the two. There was someone posting on the 'party girl' thread the other day and a couple of others who appeared to be just posting comments looking for a reaction but everyone just seemed to ingore them, which was probably the ideal thing to do.

Personally there are some posters and posts I find to be pretty childish, others seem to find them fun or decent banter, but at the end of the day I just ignore them or the posts they start.

By *ikchattyfellahMan  over a year ago

Greenock

"Why are other members so obsessed by what other members do and say on here?Everyone always seems to have nasty comments and digs on the forums.Have we all forgot why we joined here? I joined for fun to enjoyMeeting new people and exploring new sexual encounters.I think a lot need to ask themselves why they joined and maybe get back to basics of enjoying the site I know its an open forum which we can all air our _iews but more & more Im seeing people getting personal digs at others ive always been taught if youve not got anything nice to say to someone dont say anything at all "

Best to be at least civil as you do not know who you may bump (and grind) into at socials and parties..

It can also work the other way,

You might have a bitch with someone on here that always seems to think their opinion is gospel,you end up hating them on the forums,

Then you meet at a social and are total different,

Hope that made sense, it did in my head,

"It can also work the other way,

You might have a bitch with someone on here that always seems to think their opinion is gospel,you end up hating them on the forums,

Hope that made sense, it did in my head, "

total sense. Keep taken the cranberry. Juice mrs

Hope that made sense, it did in my head, total sense. Keep taken the cranberry. Juice mrs "

Pity I don't have a naked butler keeping me topped up,

By *ifes journeyCouple  over a year ago

scotland

Look and live outside the box ....rather than living inside the box , the box being the be all and end all of life and then thinking the box is yours.....

And before anyone has a hissy fit this is aimed at no particular member or poster.....just what I s we happening a lot.

Hope that made sense, it did in my head, total sense. Keep taken the cranberry. Juice mrs

Pity I don't have a naked butler keeping me topped up, "

Well. I'm looking. For a couple. Of extra. Shifts pretty. Sure I could. Pull it ofg

By *u-cee smurfetteWoman  over a year ago

aberdeen

Its supposed to be a swinging site but sometimes you think your back at school with all the petty comments etc

Were all adults after all and all have our own lifes away from here but yet it still effects us xx

Hope that made sense, it did in my head, total sense. Keep taken the cranberry. Juice mrs

Pity I don't have a naked butler keeping me topped up, Well. I'm looking. For a couple. Of extra. Shifts pretty. Sure I could. Pull it ofg"

Owwwwww you offering to be my naked butler,

Pity I don't have a naked butler keeping me topped up, Well. I'm looking. For a couple. Of extra. Shifts pretty. Sure I could. Pull it ofg

Owwwwww you offering to be my naked butler, "

Well if the collar. Fits

Pity I don't have a naked butler keeping me topped up, Well. I'm looking. For a couple. Of extra. Shifts pretty. Sure I could. Pull it ofg

Owwwwww you offering to be my naked butler, Well if the collar. Fits"

Oh I will make sure it fitd,

Falkirk

Whilst I will never agree with everyone on the forum about every subject, I will aggressively defend every persons right to their _iews and opinions.

However, I don't like it when it gets personal.

If you can't put your point across in a reasoned way without making it personal, then I think you need to step back and think first.

Treat others as you would have them treat you has always been my motto

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

What I have learned over the years on this forum is self awareness, I critique my own contribution first. Sadly it hasn't always been my finest moments but hey....

it serves me well these days.

By *r and Mrs SnogalotCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Whilst I will never agree with everyone on the forum about every subject, I will aggressively defend every persons right to their _iews and opinions.

If you can't put your point across in a reasoned way without making it personal, then I think you need to step back and think first.

"

The above can't be said enough. I absolutely believe in the right to express their opinion but there is no need to make it personal.

Is there perhaps not another reason for people defending one another?

Does it not make sense that if some are friends they may think alike? They may decide that someone is out of order and defend their friends as they would in a social situation

Why get your knickers (assuming you are wearing them) into a twist about it.

What is ironic is that this is the one topic everyone seems to agree on.

It would be nice if we could all get along but ain't likely. Everyone could agree not to make it personal keeping the debate alive and the forums lively.

Shy

By *ustcutieWoman  over a year ago

edinburgh

"Whilst I will never agree with everyone on the forum about every subject, I will aggressively defend every persons right to their _iews and opinions.

The above can't be said enough. I absolutely believe in the right to express their opinion but there is no need to make it personal.

Is there perhaps not another reason for people defending one another?

Does it not make sense that if some are friends they may think alike? They may decide that someone is out of order and defend their friends as they would in a social situation

Why get your knickers (assuming you are wearing them) into a twist about it.

What is ironic is that this is the one topic everyone seems to agree on.

It would be nice if we could all get along but ain't likely. Everyone could agree not to make it personal keeping the debate alive and the forums lively.

Shy "

In many ways I have more respect for a troll than a forum bully.

At least a troll is direct.

If you pick up a snake and it bites you whose fault is that? The snake was just doing what it does.

It's the same with trolls Their intentions are obvious they're in the forum to disrupt and cause trouble.

They arrive with all the subtlety of a jet on a landing strip.

Forum bullies are harder to spot.

They disguise their intentions but make no mistake when you encounter one you will know because their bite is equally malicious and just as full of venom.

Glasgow

I believe that I am in control of how other peoples comments impact on me. If I allow it to hurt me it will. People that truly know me will not allow another persons _iew to cloud their judgement and for those getting to know me, well if they are happy to judge me based on another persons judgement and not use the brain they were born with they can walk on by!

Shy

"I believe that I am in control of how other peoples comments impact on me. If I allow it to hurt me it will. People that truly know me will not allow another persons _iew to cloud their judgement and for those getting to know me, well if they are happy to judge me based on another persons judgement and not use the brain they were born with they can walk on by!

Shy "

Took the words outta my mouth shy lol xxx

Falkirk

"I believe that I am in control of how other peoples comments impact on me. If I allow it to hurt me it will. People that truly know me will not allow another persons _iew to cloud their judgement and for those getting to know me, well if they are happy to judge me based on another persons judgement and not use the brain they were born with they can walk on by!

Shy "

Perfectly out......I ALWAYS make my mind up about other independently of the _iews of other people. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean I won't

Ooooooft you lot.... Chill out, the sun has been out all day, we are all still alive & kicking & be happy xx

"Ooooooft you lot.... Chill out, the sun has been out all day, we are all still alive & kicking & be happy xx "
Alway happy and smiley here lifes to short for nonsence lol xxx

"Ooooooft you lot.... Chill out, the sun has been out all day, we are all still alive & kicking & be happy xx Alway happy and smiley here lifes to short for nonsence lol xxx"

Exactly be happy like me (for once lol) xxx

"Ooooooft you lot.... Chill out, the sun has been out all day, we are all still alive & kicking & be happy xx Alway happy and smiley here lifes to short for nonsence lol xxx

Exactly be happy like me (for once lol) xxx "

oh mrs share your happiness

The trolls....

And from what I hear, some dudes on here also use that anonymity to - as we'd say in the States - just be dicks.

"Ooooooft you lot.... Chill out, the sun has been out all day, we are all still alive & kicking & be happy xx Alway happy and smiley here lifes to short for nonsence lol xxx

oh mrs share your happiness "

I couldn't possibly share my happy thoughts hehe xx

Well said I joined for the love where is it lol x

oh mrs share your happiness

I couldn't possibly share my happy thoughts hehe xx"

Look ladies, I'd be delighted to share much happiness with both if you, privately of course

By *wiftieeMan  over a year ago

near Glasgow

"Why are other members so obsessed by what other members do and say on here?Everyone always seems to have nasty comments and digs on the forums.Have we all forgot why we joined here? I joined for fun to enjoyMeeting new people and exploring new sexual encounters.I think a lot need to ask themselves why they joined and maybe get back to basics of enjoying the site I know its an open forum which we can all air our _iews but more & more Im seeing people getting personal digs at others ive always been taught if youve not got anything nice to say to someone dont say anything at all "

Couldn't agree more, Mizz.

Right I disagrees with every one just so no one says am in a clique

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

yup, it can be not very welcoming at times

"yup, it can be not very welcoming at times "

By *riendly foeWoman  over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

I feel the urge to comment....

I really cant be arsed reading the posts as I know its going to be the same old feckin same old!

Its a swingers/sex site....ass kissing is allowed....but FFS, you are supposed to do it naked and flesh to flesh!!!

Some haven't quite grasped that part yet

Glasgow

"I feel the urge to comment....

I really cant be arsed reading the posts as I know its going to be the same old feckin same old!

Its a swingers/sex site....ass kissing is allowed....but FFS, you are supposed to do it naked and flesh to flesh!!!

Some haven't quite grasped that part yet

"

Would it be considered ass kissing if admitted to laughing at this comment

Feel the love

As _eather said previously make love not war ??

» Add a new message to this topic