FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Not Even I Could Make This Up

Not Even I Could Make This Up

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

This is a report posted by AFP news....If only I'd known this place had existed before then I'd have had Fugy, Son of Fugy based there!!!! .......

In an imperial yellow coat and stylish shades, China's dwarf emperor toddles from his tiny mushroom house to rapturous applause and a welcoming volley of ear-splitting techno music.

The dwarves say the park is a step up for China's "little people"

The "dwarf empire" is the theme park's most popular attraction.

The show includes a mini version of "Swan Lake" Enlarge photo

Barely a metre tall, the mini-monarch squats proudly on a royal stool as his court of dwarves and midgets -- dressed as fairies, warriors, cooks, and monks -- regale hundreds of paying visitors with a high-pitched, syrupy ballad.

China's imperial days may be long gone, but this scaled-down version lives on at the "Dwarf Empire", a popular attraction at a theme park that opened in September in southwestern Yunnan province.

The "empire" -- part of a butterfly park -- has quickly become the site's main draw thanks to the popularity of dwarf performances that would likely evoke howls of protest in the West as an exploitative freak show.

It includes a mini version of "Swan Lake", and there's even a male dwarf in leather pants and a punk hairdo hand-walking and gyrating his hips to thunderous hip-hop.

But the more than 100 dwarves -- known in China as "xiao ai ren", or "little small people" -- who range in height from 79 centimetres (2 feet 7 inches) to 1.3 metres, dismiss suggestions the park demeans them.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Wonder how long before mr hedo seizes the throne there

"Wonder how long before mr hedo seizes the throne there"

absolutely pissing myself laughing here

mrs h xx

twats

mr H