FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > wild camping

wild camping

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

hi guys , does anyone know of any good spots to go , i only know a couple but its hard to get them during the summer months , prefer nice secluded places ,if its a good place and you dont want to share with everyone , just send me a pm x , promise i wont tell anyone , thanx much

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icked weaselCouple  over a year ago

Near Edinburgh..

please pm us some areas - we would love to know some secluded camping spots as well..

By *H.coupleCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh

this sounds a great idea. we would both be very interested, beach locations would be pretty special

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"this sounds a great idea. we would both be very interested, beach locations would be pretty special "

Interested myself

barra. amazing

By *over-manMan  over a year ago

motherwell

av got a big garden all welcome

By *dglasgow30TV/TS  over a year ago

glasgow

Harris for the views . Barra has nice beaches . Head up to loch sunart for sea loch Forrest and the feeling of being miles away. I have a vw camper and love the west coast of Scotland for just getting away for the weekend. I go on to google maps and find a area and just go xxx

there are a few places up here...but a long way to come....and if the wind gets up you could find your tent taking off over the Atlantic

Love wild camping getting a fire going and tunes on cant beat it ,killcregan is good nice and quiet also inverkip behind marina and lots of secluded spots up the lochs in dunoon,anyone going camping wen weathers better let us know .

I've been camping all over Scotland for the last thirty years. Finding the elusive idyllic spot for total peace is definitely becoming harder. As a survivalist I know of lots of great spots, but you need to be willing to hoof it forty ten or fifteen K at times. There are some lovely places up near Malaig within walking distance of parking your car. If anyone would like some first hand survival camping I'm more than happy to share the knowledge. I've lived in the desert for six months and the jungle for eight months and have six years military inrensive survival training. If interested pm me and we'll chat. Ta

By *ikerbob1957Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

I'm currently looking at tents that aren't too heavy so I can go camping on my bike this year.

Not sure where to go coz if the weather anything like last year then I would need to pack water wings as well.

Hoping to head up North as the scenery is amazing.

Been trying to convince Mrs H to go camping this summer, maybe some company would help

Edinburgh

"Been trying to convince Mrs H to go camping this summer, maybe some company would help "

We're after going camping in Moray or a beach in east lothian in the summer

Did a lot of wild camping last year and whilst it was great, lots of times it was spoiled by groups playing their music way too loud, shouting and even bringing a chainsaw to cut down trees for firewood.

(not an old complaining codger really)

No your not but you had him with you!lol

Leadhills-nice river,peaceful,light a fire have a few drinksheaven

By *rystalsdragonCouple  over a year ago

central for fun / axarquia

we are lucky in Scotland that we have the freedom to roam and still can wild camp just as long as we respect the environment (not a tree hugger honest) lol

there are so many places still there but there is some restrictions in the national parks re fires and some for camping ie loch Lomond has restrictions cos of abuse

all the islands are stunning especially the further north and west you go - like the outer Hebrides - white beaches (secluded) like luskentyre

too many to mention lol

Edinburgh

"we are lucky in Scotland that we have the freedom to roam and still can wild camp just as long as we respect the environment (not a tree hugger honest) lol

there are so many places still there but there is some restrictions in the national parks re fires and some for camping ie loch Lomond has restrictions cos of abuse

all the islands are stunning especially the further north and west you go - like the outer Hebrides - white beaches (secluded) like luskentyre

too many to mention lol "

what are the rules regarding camping on a beach, we went in east lothian once and seen a sign that said "no camping" but my mate was adamant that you could, i was slightly worried as we were drinking and if we were told to clear off i couldnt do anything as i wouldnt be able to drive.

that said it was bloody awesome, clear water clean golden beech, a nice fire going with plenty of laughs

By *airn NaturistMan  over a year ago

Nairn

wild campings great but you have to put in the leg work otherwise its not really "wild" is it?, the north west of scotland has some great spots as do some of the islands, if anyone wants info on some great secluded places that are ideal for the all over tan lover then feel free to pm me.

---- p.s wild camping does NOT involve lording it up in a motorhome ----

By *horstrollMan  over a year ago

Caprona

"wild campings great but you have to put in the leg work otherwise its not really "wild" is it?, the north west of scotland has some great spots as do some of the islands, if anyone wants info on some great secluded places that are ideal for the all over tan lover then feel free to pm me.

---- p.s wild camping does NOT involve lording it up in a motorhome ---- "

Prefer wild swimming there are lochs worth tabbing to

There's a wood just above the village of Kilcreggan, easy to get to and nice and quiet, ideal for fun and games

By *ighlander34Man  over a year ago

skye

Luskentyre on the isle of Harris is great! It's miles long, white sandy beach. And very quiet. With stunning views of the sunsets and northern lights if your lucky! I go every year, was born over there! Well worth a trip!

By *e-subCouple  over a year ago

north ayrshire

"wild campings great but you have to put in the leg work otherwise its not really "wild" is it?, the north west of scotland has some great spots as do some of the islands, if anyone wants info on some great secluded places that are ideal for the all over tan lover then feel free to pm me.

---- p.s wild camping does NOT involve lording it up in a motorhome ---- "

and why not

Went to a wee bit at loch eck with a club I was in, had a wee car park then a short walk down next to the water amazing view between the hills great for a chill out session and couple drinks

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Scottish Natural Heritage has published its final version of a map showing where Scotland's wild land is.

The 42 areas include large parts of the Cairngorms and Wester Ross and also places in Argyll, the Western Isles, Orkney, Shetland and south of Scotland.

In total, the areas cover 19.5% of Scotland and the new map replaces one published last year.

The John Muir Trust and Ramblers Scotland said wild land would now better be protected from wind farms.

More at http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-27973698

including a link to the map.

If you can tell me too, don't worry about any rhythmical bush rustling behind you, it'll just be me getting .... Em .... Horticulture specimens

» Add a new message to this topic