FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Bullet proof

Bullet proof

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Got any ideas on how to make future socials bullet proof, able to be created without any threat of being ruined ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Got any ideas on how to make future socials bullet proof, able to be created without any threat of being ruined ?"

Any enigma machine operatives!!!!!Need a code maker and breaker!!!!

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"Got any ideas on how to make future socials bullet proof, able to be created without any threat of being ruined ?"
no social i think can be bullet proof all you can do is hope for the best

The task of pinging up an anouncement that theres one in the future, sorting the asks to come etc, must be on a parallel with maybe the organiser individually sending invites to those they know to invite, create a busy one and keep a check on.

Better than a big,,,"anyone can come" style invite in forums?

A theory/suggestion only.

By *illow PimpMan  over a year ago

Midlothian

Invite only, big pad, lots of drinks, nibbles, music, party games, themed perhaps, lots less hastle.

Just how i'd do it if organising.

"Invite only, big pad, lots of drinks, nibbles, music, party games, themed perhaps, lots less hastle.

Just how i'd do it if organising. "

go for it PP id come

By *illow PimpMan  over a year ago

Midlothian

"Invite only, big pad, lots of drinks, nibbles, music, party games, themed perhaps, lots less hastle.

Just how i'd do it if organising. go for it PP id come "

If deebs is co-host im game

virtually impossible as there are too many fake verified profiles.

Just a thought but if hackers wanted to get details they could . If they can get into the Pentagon system I'm sure they could get into Fab ! I know from experience that personal messages on here can be read by people who know what they are doing

Best way to run a social is do it like Jan & Davy, only those who confirm there going, get to know where the venue is, and only then the night before so som little rat, doesnt go scuttling to the nearest rag, and blows the event to shreads. Jan&Davys social running, is the best I've seen so far.

great food, great company, cheap drinks at the bar- always a good move-lol

carry on doing what you both do best Jan& Davy

By *ilandlarryCouple  over a year ago

more north lincs than mids!

Gut instinct I think plays a big part. When we book a venue we always make sure that they are aware that it is an adult site and although there will be nothing untoward happening, people may say that there could be.

We are as upfront with our venue as we can be. That way, we can pre-empt anyone attempting to sabotage that way.

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Got any ideas on how to make future socials bullet proof, able to be created without any threat of being ruined ?

no social i think can be bullet proof all you can do is hope for the best "

Agreed. A social is a semi-public event in a way a house party isn't and the purpose of a social, as I understand it, is to allow people who perhaps aren't so well known on the scene to get their faces known and make a bit of an impression on others.

Even if the organisers decided it'd only be 'verified members' or people who are 'vouched for' by people they actually know or ............. there's no real way to control information once another person knows and once two people know it's almost impossible to work out where any leak is.

Even leaving details of the venue till the last minute wouldn't be guaranteed to keep it secret. If someone wants to spill the beans - they'll find a way.

Keeping the venue in the loop as much as possible is an excellent idea. In the (unlikely) event shenanigans took place in public and there were complaints - a venue could possibly lose its licence. Nobody would wish that to happen.

As someone who Has attended loads of socials...

If i know the venue knew ...i wouldnt go.

Make them private and only invite those you have met before. They in turn have option to bring newbies with them x

ie newbies can only attend if they have been verified by a genuine member who has attended a social before

By *urioduoCouple  over a year ago

lanarkshire

[Removed by poster at 18/11/12 15:39:06]

lanarkshire

"ie newbies can only attend if they have been verified by a genuine member who has attended a social before "
surely then it wouldn't be a social then as a social should be open to one and all

[Removed by poster at 18/11/12 15:45:46]

A social is a group of folk meeting up. Doesn't matter how they got invited. Whole point is making it public is causing it to be easily leaked.

I've had a good few socials with a good turn out. And noone has know as folk were invited privately and told could bring someone I hadn't met before so long as the person I had met could veri them. I get their mob numbers tell them general location. Then call them to tell were venue is on the night.

I remember my last social, with your good self Cherry, honey- was a really good night as well- am back to my old self again, after a wee wobble, so I think 2013, will be a good FAB year, lol

thing is with being in the city centre, i can wobble home- d*unk as a skunk, lol. although I don't mind travelling for a social

"ie newbies can only attend if they have been verified by a genuine member who has attended a social before surely then it wouldn't be a social then as a social should be open to one and all "
I agree , this leaves it open for people to be judged and not allowed to attend events

"Best way to run a social is do it like Jan & Davy, only those who confirm there going, get to know where the venue is, and only then the night before so som little rat, doesnt go scuttling to the nearest rag, and blows the event to shreads. Jan&Davys social running, is the best I've seen so far.

great food, great company, cheap drinks at the bar- always a good move-lol

carry on doing what you both do best Jan& Davy "

Only those who confirmed got ball got to know but look how that went if someone's got it in for you or anyone they will do whatever it takes to spoil it

So hence with there's no bullet proof way. End off

"As someone who Has attended loads of socials...

If i know the venue knew ...i wouldnt go. "

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"So hence with there's no bullet proof way. End off "

Not while people are still scared of being 'outed' as swingers.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

it is all good and well saying this and that... when the numbers are down and the bumping and bumping and bumping to increase attendance starts, so does the letting of people who have been joined 2 days.

if people have paid a deposit to the venue, the risk is carried by them.

2 socials in the same location in the same month is going to achieve fuck all apart from last minute payments whilst they watch which one is the most attended...and then cancellations at the other.

in my opinion. why the organisers can't chat and agree, who does one at Valentine, who does on at Easter.

I will await and watch the numbers for both flow in

good luck, I seriously hope both work and a great night be had

lanarkshire

eloquently put as ever _iew

By *andsCouple  over a year ago

Fife

"it is all good and well saying this and that... when the numbers are down and the bumping and bumping and bumping to increase attendance starts, so does the letting of people who have been joined 2 days.

if people have paid a deposit to the venue, the risk is carried by them.

2 socials in the same location in the same month is going to achieve fuck all apart from last minute payments whilst they watch which one is the most attended...and then cancellations at the other.

in my opinion. why the organisers can't chat and agree, who does one at Valentine, who does on at Easter.

I will await and watch the numbers for both flow in

good luck, I seriously hope both work and a great night be had"

I agree .... some people may want to attend both but cant afford to pay out for babysitters/hotels etc in the same month ... not sure why there needs to be two socials at the same time when there is a whole 12 months to choose from x

On a smaller scale generally?

Far too much responsibilty for people good enough to try and create/organise,big busy ones.

Just my opinion, but i dont get this, "but what about newbies" bit, when your new to swinging,, i'd of thought the eagerness to have yourself/selves a meet,like meet a couple a single would be priority, not meet half of scotland section first in one go?

Fife

"On a smaller scale generally?

Far too much responsibilty for people good enough to try and create/organise,big busy ones.

Just my opinion, but i dont get this, "but what about newbies" bit, when your new to swinging,, i'd of thought the eagerness to have yourself/selves a meet,like meet a couple a single would be priority, not meet half of scotland section first in one go?"

What about all the people who will not meet un-verified people? How do these people get verified then if nobody will meet them and they are not included in socials?

I have to agree with _iew I'm happy to communicate with other social organisers regarding events.

With regards to the valentine social most know I've had it advertised in the forums for a while now with quite a few names on the list and many paid for already and by having two the same weekend seems silly and as has been mentioned already there is 12 months to chose from so spreading them out would obviously be the best thing to do in my opinion.

"I have to agree with _iew I'm happy to communicate with other social organisers regarding events.

With regards to the valentine social most know I've had it advertised in the forums for a while now with quite a few names on the list and many paid for already and by having two the same weekend seems silly and as has been mentioned already there is 12 months to chose from so spreading them out would obviously be the best thing to do in my opinion."

I agree - We just signed up to go to the valentines social in Glasgow but would like to go to an ayrshire event too but budget def won't stretch to 2 in the same weekend even if they were on different nights

L xxx

Just my opinion, but i dont get this, "but what about newbies" bit, when your new to swinging,, i'd of thought the eagerness to have yourself/selves a meet,like meet a couple a single would be priority, not meet half of scotland section first in one go?

What about all the people who will not meet un-verified people? How do these people get verified then if nobody will meet them and they are not included in socials? "

Un-verified,,eager to become verified? Surely they themselves make the effort to both get verified/prove real by the usual way,communicate and or meet.

Fife

What about all the people who will not meet un-verified people? How do these people get verified then if nobody will meet them and they are not included in socials?

Un-verified,,eager to become verified? Surely they themselves make the effort to both get verified/prove real by the usual way,communicate and or meet."

and whats the usual way .. mail people who then say sorry you are unverified so no??? why stop them coming to socials I dont get the reasoning behind that at all, we were all new once!

Un-verified,,eager to become verified? Surely they themselves make the effort to both get verified/prove real by the usual way,communicate and or meet.

and whats the usual way .. mail people who then say sorry you are unverified so no??? why stop them coming to socials I dont get the reasoning behind that at all, we were all new once!"

I take it you are up to speed on recent happenings regarding socials, journalistic scoops etc?

And you'd be cool in a venue dotted with, "joined 2 weeks ago, a month ago,, in fact we joined when we read about the site" ehh read about the site? Not clicked on it? Oh no, we read about it

Fife

yes thank you I am perfectly up to speed as you put it ...the person that called the hotel/press etc could have been a long standing fab member not necessarily someone who just joined. do you allow new people to attend you "parties" or just stick to people you know??

to be honest it doesnt matter one way or the other to me as we are no longer attending socials but did when we first joined and found this a fab way to get to know people.

I totally agree, is a great way to meet,, but hence the thread being called bullet proof, i just mean suggest, discuss ways of making them more safe to have.

Fab is a minefield now

Up to indeviduals to do what they want/dont want to do.

Fife

There is no safe way if someone wants to spoil it they will, if the press want to set up a fake profile they will... you could be the best organiser in the world but if someone is out to ruin it ...they will!!

Yes, your right.

» Add a new message to this topic