FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Rocky horror @Kings?

Rocky horror @Kings?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *sle of View OP   Couple  over a year ago

Helensburgh

We mucked up slightly and booked for the early evening show on Fri 4th Feb.

Anyone else going?

Any recommendations for post show food that won't bat an eye if we are dressed up (sadly it appears the Griffin is still shut)?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *earded blossomCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"We mucked up slightly and booked for the early evening show on Fri 4th Feb.

Anyone else going?

Any recommendations for post show food that won't bat an eye if we are dressed up (sadly it appears the Griffin is still shut)?"

I'm heading along on the 2nd! I reckon places round about will be used to the dress up by the Friday. There's a good few places nearby, Antipasti for Italian, Life and a few weatherspoon places for burgers, couple of Chinese and you've got Kama sutra for Indian

K

By *oShrinkingVioletWoman  over a year ago

the land of unicorns and fairytales

Glasgow is used to it don’t worry about it just rock it

By *byeguysCouple (MM)  over a year ago

Paisley

We’re going in the 4th also but don’t think we’re dressing up. I doubt you’d get any looks. There will be others going out dressed up that night so you won’t be alone

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Loads of places for food that side of sauchiehall street, personal favourite of mine is non viet, nanakusa is good too

And like everyone said they are used to seeing people dressed up

Always fun to sit in griffen before a show just as people start to come in and hear the old regulars go, "wtf is going on oh wait must be rocky horror again, fudging weirdos"

"Loads of places for food that side of sauchiehall street, personal favourite of mine is non viet, nanakusa is good too

Always fun to sit in griffen before a show just as people start to come in and hear the old regulars go, "wtf is going on oh wait must be rocky horror again, fudging weirdos"

"

Sadly the Griffin is no more. Covidhas seen to that

"Loads of places for food that side of sauchiehall street, personal favourite of mine is non viet, nanakusa is good too

Sadly the Griffin is no more. Covidhas seen to that"

Yeah read that above and its a shame, going in there after work (closest pub to office) for a pint and a glesga salad was a great way to finish working day before going for train

Helensburgh

"We’re going in the 4th also but don’t think we’re dressing up. I doubt you’d get any looks. There will be others going out dressed up that night so you won’t be alone "

Dressing up is half the fun. Could not contemplate attending in anything but stockings and suspenders. Mrs normally goes as Magenta and Mr as Frank but possibly an old version of Rocky this year - gold hot pants at the ready).

By *byeguysCouple (MM)  over a year ago

Paisley

"We’re going in the 4th also but don’t think we’re dressing up. I doubt you’d get any looks. There will be others going out dressed up that night so you won’t be alone

Dressing up is half the fun. Could not contemplate attending in anything but stockings and suspenders. Mrs normally goes as Magenta and Mr as Frank but possibly an old version of Rocky this year - gold hot pants at the ready)."

Haha! You’re both braver than us.

By *ORDERMANMan  over a year ago

wrexham

Yeah read that above and its a shame, going in there after work (closest pub to office) for a pint and a glesga salad was a great way to finish working day before going for train"

Enlighten me

What's a glesga salad

I am fully aware I'm walking head first into something here

By *oShrinkingVioletWoman  over a year ago

the land of unicorns and fairytales

Yeah read that above and its a shame, going in there after work (closest pub to office) for a pint and a glesga salad was a great way to finish working day before going for train

Enlighten me

What's a glesga salad

I am fully aware I'm walking head first into something here"

Kebab

Enlighten me

What's a glesga salad

I am fully aware I'm walking head first into something here"

chips

By *ORDERMANMan  over a year ago

wrexham

Thanks to both

By *estless nativeMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Slouch, just up the street get plenty of people in costume.

I had a lovely wee evening (pre covid) in there with 2 young ladies dressed as magenta & columbia.

Helensburgh

"Slouch, just up the street get plenty of people in costume.

I had a lovely wee evening (pre covid) in there with 2 young ladies dressed as magenta & columbia."

Thanks. We'll check it out. xx

By *40ffCouple  over a year ago

lala land

We are going to the Edinburgh show on the 22nd

Ment to say slouch is good for food and it's just up the road from the King's hope you guys enjoy the nights

By *andyKane69Couple  over a year ago

Candyland, North Ayrshire

we are going on the 5th feb, haven't decided if i'm going to go 'dressed' up or not lol x

[Removed by poster at 29/01/22 22:05:03]

By *he_Wite_NiteMan  over a year ago

Usually Dundee and around

"Dressing up is half the fun. Could not contemplate attending in anything but stockings and suspenders. Mrs normally goes as Magenta and Mr as Frank but possibly an old version of Rocky this year - gold hot pants at the ready)."

My very good fab friend would like to go with me as Rocky... she has a certain pair of shorts in mind...

By *andACouple  over a year ago

glasgow

Love Rocky Horror Show but bf isn't into it. Up in Glasgow on the 5th of Feb for a night out though and we'd be happy to meet couples who dress up for it

"Love Rocky Horror Show but bf isn't into it. Up in Glasgow on the 5th of Feb for a night out though and we'd be happy to meet couples who dress up for it "

Ach you should get him along to it it's fun even if you don't dress up its an adult panto.lol

By *ye rolls matter!!Man  over a year ago

Glasgow area

I went to Rocky Horror about 15 years ago with a girlfriend. We were almost the only ones not dressed up so we stood out like a sore thumb. People in Glasgow don't really bat an eyelid either so I'd go all out on the costume.

By *earded blossomCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

Just out the show! It was fantastic

K

Just home from the show

What a brilliant show, performance, everything

Amazing night

It's just a jump to the left......

By *imbobaMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Going to the early show this evening. Really looking forward to it. If you’re there say hi. I’ll be the muggle

Helensburgh

"Going to the early show this evening. Really looking forward to it. If you’re there say hi. I’ll be the muggle "

Judging by all the dressing up in your profile then dressing for this shouldn't be a problem. Kilt fishnet stockings,suspenders and a pair of high heels at the very least.

By *imbobaMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Going to the early show this evening. Really looking forward to it. If you’re there say hi. I’ll be the muggle

Judging by all the dressing up in your profile then dressing for this shouldn't be a problem. Kilt fishnet stockings,suspenders and a pair of high heels at the very least. "

Kilt is not a problem. It’s the rest I’m short of

Helensburgh

Another great show. Fantastic fun. Only down side was the lack of audience dressed up. Then again it meant we got a lot more attention.

Roll the next tour.

hiya,

we went on the Saturday night last showing, and there was loads of people dressed up. it was fantastic Kane and I had a great laugh.

hope you enjoyed it x

» Add a new message to this topic