FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > minimun level of ineligence to vote

minimun level of ineligence to vote

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oruseandabuse OP   Couple  over a year ago

chichester

Should there be a need to demonstrate a level of intelligence before you can vote?

I'm not talking about a very high bar. The UK citizenship test seems like an obvious starting place.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ony 2016Man  over a year ago

Huddersfield /derby cinemas

In a free democracy every person is entitled to a vote ,,,,,but,,,,I do know someone who voted "leave" in the referendum because her friend had told her that if we remain the Muslims would not allow her to have a Christmas tree in her council flat ,,,, the person I refer to does not believe in God and does not live in a council flat ,,,,, but ,,, I find it difficult to say she should not be allowed a vote

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

If there was an intelligence test for the right to vote Corbyn would be wiped out Labour would not get 50 seats

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

brilliant op!!

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

No.

The right to a vote is a right, not a privilege.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Should there be a need to demonstrate a level of intelligence before you can vote?

I'm not talking about a very high bar. The UK citizenship test seems like an obvious starting place."

They should have done this with the referendum. 10 basic questions on the EU and what it does.

If you get them right. Your vote counts.

If they'd have done that, we wouldn't be in this mess.

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

"If there was an intelligence test for the right to vote Corbyn would be wiped out Labour would not get 50 seats "

You clearly haven't spent much time at Conservative social events or fundraisers. "Nice but dim" would only be half true for many.

"If there was an intelligence test for the right to vote Corbyn would be wiped out Labour would not get 50 seats

You clearly haven't spent much time at Conservative social events or fundraisers. "Nice but dim" would only be half true for many.

"

Plenty of Tory voters are intelligent. They're just narcissistic, sociopathic and/or psychopath.

Of course there are plenty of nice but dim ones too.

If this was brought in I think the turnout could be very low lol

Yes I might not make it either , before anyone says it !

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

No. Universal suffrage for those aged 18 or over, in the UK, has only been a thing since 1969.

If you take away the rights of eejits to vote, it's a slippery slope back to the bad old days.

chichester

Why 18? Why not 16 or 17?

For that matter, have you listened to a political discussion in a primary school recently? They are better informed than most adults.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"No.

The right to a vote is a right, not a privilege.

"

Yes it is a priviledge that we have the vote in this country,many do not,it is a pity that so many do not appreciate how lucky we are

By *aughtydrawerCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

"Should there be a need to demonstrate a level of intelligence before you can vote?

I'm not talking about a very high bar. The UK citizenship test seems like an obvious starting place."

I'm curious if the OP thinks this is what should happen or if its a suggestion? What sort of thing would you want to ask in order to test eligibility?

By *uietbloke67Man  over a year ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

"If there was an intelligence test for the right to vote Corbyn would be wiped out Labour would not get 50 seats "

You do say the silliest things.

There used to be a minimum level of intelligence........ then they gave women the vote I'm off to put my hard hat on

I'm not talking about a very high bar. The UK citizenship test seems like an obvious starting place.

There used to be a minimum level of intelligence........ then they gave women the vote I'm off to put my hard hat on "

Thankyou Mr Chumley Warner

chichester

I'm curious if the OP thinks this is what should happen or if its a suggestion? What sort of thing would you want to ask in order to test eligibility? "

Just provoking a debate

Nope definitely not

If a person is unintelligent it is down to the intelligent to find a way of making them understand

Simplistically.

Blame the clever for giving up.

Work harder to maximise your ability to communicate.

Regardless of your political affiliation.

By *avagliamMan  over a year ago

London

"In a free democracy every person is entitled to a vote ,,,,,but,,,,I do know someone who voted "leave" in the referendum because her friend had told her that if we remain the Muslims would not allow her to have a Christmas tree in her council flat ,,,, the person I refer to does not believe in God and does not live in a council flat ,,,,, but ,,, I find it difficult to say she should not be allowed a vote "

it is sad though to have lots of people that gullible... ...Democracy as it is, certainly needs a tweak.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Democracy is open and for all, not a select group of those deemed appropriate.

The idea is a couple of stepsremoved from eugenics

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

I think the problem is not stupid voters but the demonstrably intellectually challenged halfwits who become MPs.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

"Democracy is open and for all, not a select group of those deemed appropriate.

The idea is a couple of stepsremoved from eugenics "

The liberal left seem to love the idea of course.

» Add a new message to this topic