FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Brexit is like Fusion Energy

Brexit is like Fusion Energy

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

There's a joke in the Scientific Community, Fusion Energy has been "just 30 years away" for nearly a century now.

Brexit was said to happen months ago, then again in October.

Both just don't seem to have anything happen with them. Is Brexit going to become a Fusion Energy Joke 2.0? Always a few months away.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

And the funniest bit is fusion is said to be in the Tory Party manifesto, promising all sorts very soon.

"Fusion means fusion", eh?

Even funnier is the amount of EU money going into the fusion experiment at Culham.

They have just about reached the stage where the amount of electricity required to crank the machine up equals the amount of electricity it can generate.

I'd say 30 years at least lol.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"There's a joke in the Scientific Community, Fusion Energy has been "just 30 years away" for nearly a century now.

Both just don't seem to have anything happen with them. Is Brexit going to become a Fusion Energy Joke 2.0? Always a few months away."

No. We were told prior to the referendum that it would take at an absolute minimum five years to leave the EU.

ITER the biggest fusion project on earth is happening in the EU..

Let’s see if we invest post Brexit..Because we can’t do it alone..

ITER is also funded by India, Japan, China, Russia, South Korea and the US as well as the EU.

Maybe we won’t need to collaborate with ITER.

Boris claims that the UK is “on the verge of creating commercially viable miniature fusion reactors for sale around the world”

The scientific community just laughed and rolled their eyes..

Actually, he called it a "pretty spacious kind of verge" in the context of a light-hearted comment relating to a proposed 200 million of extra funding. Admittedly he did try to suggest this was for a commercially viable reactor. However this is unrealistic for any fusion project anywhere on the globe. Fortunately, we leave science to the scientists as the Oxfordshire JET program research is directly fed into the ITER project to help them overcome their plasma diverter issues.

"There's a joke in the Scientific Community, Fusion Energy has been "just 30 years away" for nearly a century now.

Both just don't seem to have anything happen with them. Is Brexit going to become a Fusion Energy Joke 2.0? Always a few months away."

In terms of science fusion has been done for decades. It's an engineering problem that's the problem.

The biggest joke in science for about ten years is the replication problem, over half of "confirmed" theories don't work, fusion could yet prove to be in the 50%.

Bristol East

"ITER is also funded by India, Japan, China, Russia, South Korea and the US as well as the EU. "

ITER is, yes. I was referring to JET at Culham.

Both just don't seem to have anything happen with them. Is Brexit going to become a Fusion Energy Joke 2.0? Always a few months away..

In terms of science fusion has been done for decades. It's an engineering problem that's the problem.

The biggest joke in science for about ten years is the replication problem, over half of "confirmed" theories don't work, fusion could yet prove to be in the 50%."

Wait. Now all of a sudden you're talking science!

What happened your opinion being based on something you saw on Infowars being as valid as actual peer reviewed science?!?!

Both just don't seem to have anything happen with them. Is Brexit going to become a Fusion Energy Joke 2.0? Always a few months away..

The biggest joke in science for about ten years is the replication problem, over half of "confirmed" theories don't work, fusion could yet prove to be in the 50%.

What happened your opinion being based on something you saw on Infowars being as valid as actual peer reviewed science?!?!"

Flipping flip flop foilers.

To be fair Alex does talk about killer robots and chem trails.So it’s a kind of baseless science conspiracy stuff.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Fusion will give you free, unlimited energy, as brexit will make us unlimited wealth, by releasing us from the shackles of the fission union and the unelected atoms there that stopped our sovereignty

What happened your opinion being based on something you saw on Infowars being as valid as actual peer reviewed science?!?!"

Wouldn't know I've never watched infowars,I asked you on another thread to find me something I've ever wrote that's scientifically false and you couldn't find one then and still can't which is why you probably continue with the jive talk.

Peer reviewed is not perfect, hence my post about the replication problem facing science for a decade or more.

But hey, you know this, your the one with the degree

What happened your opinion being based on something you saw on Infowars being as valid as actual peer reviewed science?!?!.

Wouldn't know I've never watched infowars,I asked you on another thread to find me something I've ever wrote that's scientifically false and you couldn't find one then and still can't which is why you probably continue with the jive talk.

Peer reviewed is not perfect, hence my post about the replication problem facing science for a decade or more.

But hey, you know this, your the one with the degree"

Honestly. If you read up on Scientific Method. A lot of things would make sense for you.

What happened your opinion being based on something you saw on Infowars being as valid as actual peer reviewed science?!?!.

Honestly. If you read up on Scientific Method. A lot of things would make sense for you. "

What a Bullshit lame response, if it that were even remotely true there wouldn't be a replication problem .

I'm beginning to wonder if you've actually got a degree in science like you claim?.

Honestly. If you read up on Scientific Method. A lot of things would make sense for you. .

What a Bullshit lame response, if it that were even remotely true there wouldn't be a replication problem .

I'm beginning to wonder if you've actually got a degree in science like you claim?."

Yawn.

Laugh a minute there

Bristol East

Britain's nuclear deterrent is made of fusion bombs.

They need the energy of a fission bomb just to get them started.

"Britain's nuclear deterrent is made of fusion bombs.

They need the energy of a fission bomb just to get them started.

"

Thermo nuclear weapons are still fission bombs, they require the force of a small fission bomb to cause extreme compression and cause some fusion of the second bomb material making it then dense enough for it to cause a fission reaction.

Bristol East

Two bombs in one really.

A fission bomb is the detonator for the fusion device.

You'll get a 500-750 kiloton yield from a fission device.

Megatons from the fusion device.

Tsar Bomba, the biggest in history, was 50 megatons.

The point of the post really was to illustrate how much energy you need to consume in the first place before fusion happens.

» Add a new message to this topic