By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Like yesterday.

Time to sort this shit out once and for all

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Like yesterday.

Time to sort this shit out once and for all"

nooo..... make johnson get the legally mandated extension unless he comes up with a super duper deal first.... then call the election!

it will be here end nov/beginning dec!!! patience!!!

"Like yesterday.

Time to sort this shit out once and for all

nooo..... make johnson get the legally mandated extension unless he comes up with a super duper deal first.... then call the election!

it will be here end nov/beginning dec!!! patience!!!"

Ooh come on, this is serious

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

Ooh come on, this is serious "

i am.....

make him abide by the terms of the Benn bill.... see if he is adult enough to keep "within the law"..(call it a test to see if he has learnt his lesson! )

and if he is "big boy" enough to get thru that.... then his reward is to let him have his election!!

I thought that was sensible.....

"

Ooh come on, this is serious

i am.....

make him abide by the terms of the Benn bill.... see if he is adult enough to keep "within the law"..(call it a test to see if he has learnt his lesson! )

and if he is "big boy" enough to get thru that.... then his reward is to let him have his election!!

I thought that was sensible..... "

Surely your not in favour of leaving an lawful liar in power?.

That's crazy talky

By *ary_ArgyllMan  over a year ago

Argyll

So what happens if we have an election and there is no majority for any party?

"So what happens if we have an election and there is no majority for any party?"

Won't matter, this is a one trick pony election,70% of them will be out.

Have another referendum.

LEAVE or REMAIN.

fuck this deal bullshit off, we've got a fucking deal, it's the best deal were gonna get, if you don't like it vote leave and we leave.

Yea I know we already had one but this one finalises it.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Whilst the government has form for pursuit of unlawful behaviour and the PM blatantly rubbishes the Supreme Court Judges' unanimous decision against him, this would be stupid to pursue.

"Whilst the government has form for pursuit of unlawful behaviour and the PM blatantly rubbishes the Supreme Court Judges' unanimous decision against him, this would be stupid to pursue. "

What the fuck, you mean it's wise to leave him in power?.

More crazy talky.

This man has his finger on the nuclear Bazooka... And you want him left in power?.

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

Why have another election? You may get another Prime Minister but Parliament will mostly be the same people so we'll just prolong this bloody mess.

"Why have another election? You may get another Prime Minister but Parliament will mostly be the same people so we'll just prolong this bloody mess. "

No chance, everybody has had enough.

We'll either vote the liberal candidate or the brexit candidate.

Job done.

In fact make it a law

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

"Why have another election? You may get another Prime Minister but Parliament will mostly be the same people so we'll just prolong this bloody mess. .

Job done.

We have a brexiteer Pm now, everyone else is trying to stop him?

In fact make it a law "

By *adame 2SwordsWoman  over a year ago

Victoria, London

Have to admit, not particularly politically minded, but it's great to watch the big chess game playing out!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Parliament won't call an election won't vote for any deal won't have a no deal won't pass any bills won't won't won't . Time to close it down it's just not working before the country is really fucked

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Like yesterday.

They had there chance at having an election now when we get one we will have left the EU,quite funny

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Why have another election? You may get another Prime Minister but Parliament will mostly be the same people so we'll just prolong this bloody mess. "

By *alking HeadMan  over a year ago

Bolton

What we need is anarchy.

By *bandjam91Couple  over a year ago

London

"Like yesterday.

Time to sort this shit out once and for allThey had there chance at having an election now when we get one we will have left the EU,quite funny"

Are you watching the news much?

"Why have another election? You may get another Prime Minister but Parliament will mostly be the same people so we'll just prolong this bloody mess. .

Job done.

We have a brexiteer Pm now, everyone else is trying to stop him?

In fact make it a law "

My point indeed!.

Theres only one way to sort this out... Fight

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

The problem there's no man or woman on the horizon that has the capacity and the charisma to reunite the uk again and lead it out of the Brexit mess, says it leaving or remaining. So who would you vote for?

"The problem there's no man or woman on the horizon that has the capacity and the charisma to reunite the uk again and lead it out of the Brexit mess, says it leaving or remaining. So who would you vote for? "

I'm a leaver so I'd vote libdem even though I can't stand the bunch of cunts

Cat amongst the pigeons and all, know what I mean, keep the pollsters on there toes

"So what happens if we have an election and there is no majority for any party?"

Im afraid that's the most likely outcome.

Job done.

In fact make it a law "

i forsee the most likely outcome a lib dem/ Brexit party coalition..one leave one remain..more stalemate..

Germany 1933 ..political chaos...what happened next !

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

"Like yesterday.

Really? You think the answer to our deep division over a single issue is to transfer that division to all of our politics by having another general election before resolving that single issue. What brilliant strategic thinking! Well done you.

The last thing we need is another general election before brexit either happens or is postponed pending renegotiation and a second referendum AFTER we know exactly what the terms of our leaving are. Further a general election should really not happen for at least 3 months after brexit if we are leaving with no deal so everyone has an opportunity to vote AFTER they know the reality of the post brexit world in which we have to live.

But you may well be right, a GE that reinforces brexit divisions could well be exactly what the United Kingdom needs to heel its nations brexit divisions.

"Germany 1933 ..political chaos...what happened next !"

Economically speaking they did rather well, then effectively had a war with Russia which we joined in with that didn't go to well, then did amazeballs for like decades before creating a single closed market to export too, then cajoling everybody into a single currency that let them buy there exports and then going downhill a bit recently because it's not easy exporting to country's that are skint especially with the Asians breathing down there back but fear not as they've now taken on loads and loads of new cheap labour to drive down wages making them competitive again, alas there's decent amongst the people's and more trouble could be brewing.

To sort Brexit out for the next few years I can only really see 2 decent possibilities at doing it as things stand

The Lib Dems win a majority and scrap Brexit

The Brexit Party win a majority and do whatever kind of Brexit they wish.

At least both of them parties would almost definitely have every single MP vote the party line.

"To sort Brexit out for the next few years I can only really see 2 decent possibilities at doing it as things stand

At least both of them parties would almost definitely have every single MP vote the party line. "

Make it percentage voting ie PR and that could happen .

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"Like yesterday.

We need to let the process continue before we can do anything else. We have a volatile situation already an election will just make it more difficult to get to the end.

Patience please.

By *tella HeelsTV/TS  over a year ago

west here ford shire

This is controversial so please read what I am writing all the way through first..

We had a vote on Brexit, now I was a firm stay vote, but leave won by a slim majority

So leave we should, but 3 yrs down the line we haven’t.. ask your self why?

I know there was a set time frame I understand there was a lot to sort out.

However, most of the elected representatives disagree with the outcome of a democratic vote, they even want another referendum

So basically they are refusing to accept a democratic decision, thus making the country something between a fascist leadership and a communist government where what the people want is irrelevant..

So when you ask for a general election, I agree, one condition though.

If you are not 109% agreement with Brexit you cannot stand as a representative for the people, because you have already failed to carry out your duties..

Sorry if you are offended but if you think about this and really don’t consider the emotional side of what’s happening, then you can see I have a point..

By the way, I’m still a stay in the Eu but if I was an elected mp, I would fight tooth and nail to bring about what was voted for..

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

"This is controversial so please read what I am writing all the way through first..

We had a vote on Brexit, now I was a firm stay vote, but leave won by a slim majority

However, most of the elected representatives disagree with the outcome of a democratic vote, they even want another referendum

So basically they are refusing to accept a democratic decision, thus making the country something between a fascist leadership and a communist government where what the people want is irrelevant..

If you are not 109% agreement with Brexit you cannot stand as a representative for the people, because you have already failed to carry out your duties..

Sorry if you are offended but if you think about this and really don’t consider the emotional side of what’s happening, then you can see I have a point..

By the way, I’m still a stay in the Eu but if I was an elected mp, I would fight tooth and nail to bring about what was voted for.."

Lazy, social media copy and paste chain mail.

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

"To sort Brexit out for the next few years I can only really see 2 decent possibilities at doing it as things stand

At least both of them parties would almost definitely have every single MP vote the party line. "

That simply demonstrates the intolerability of the situation. The country is split and any kind of movement forwards is going to need the consensus of both sides by way of compromising.

"Like yesterday.

A GE what solve anything

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

At least both of them parties would almost definitely have every single MP vote the party line.

That simply demonstrates the intolerability of the situation. The country is split and any kind of movement forwards is going to need the consensus of both sides by way of compromising."

thats not going to happen though leavers want to leave remainers want to stay.so there wont be any one willing to give ground.you yourself want to remain so how far would you be willing to compramise???? or do you think scrapping leaving is the only way to go.all the last 3yrs has done is make peoples views even more entrenched and less willing to listen to the other side.we either remain or leave what ever happens at least half the country is gona be more pissed off and angry than they were before

That simply demonstrates the intolerability of the situation. The country is split and any kind of movement forwards is going to need the consensus of both sides by way of compromising.

thats not going to happen though leavers want to leave remainers want to stay.so there wont be any one willing to give ground.you yourself want to remain so how far would you be willing to compramise???? or do you think scrapping leaving is the only way to go.all the last 3yrs has done is make peoples views even more entrenched and less willing to listen to the other side.we either remain or leave what ever happens at least half the country is gona be more pissed off and angry than they were before"

A lot has happened since 2016 which now makes the initial referendum defunct. A GE election shouldn’t be wasted on Brexit (eg people blindly voting for the Brexit party who have no credible manifesto)as we could be stuck with that government for 5 years .Have a new legally binding referendum to solve the problem .

west here ford shire

"This is controversial so please read what I am writing all the way through first..

By the way, I’m still a stay in the Eu but if I was an elected mp, I would fight tooth and nail to bring about what was voted for..

Lazy, social media copy and paste chain mail."

???

Think I’d copy and paste something with a mistake 109% instead of a hundred???

Obviously you didn’t read it

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

whats the point of that because if it was the same percentage the other way then back to square one.and as for a binding one it was made legitimate when a50 was triggerd.truth is the country is split for the nxt 10-15 yrs whatever happens.like someone said have a G E that way partys can canvass for remain or leave so peeps have there choice and the partys that refuse to pick a side become irrelevant .

???

Obviously you didn’t read it"

I read it, I am afraid you don’t understand what democracy is

"whats the point of that because if it was the same percentage the other way then back to square one.and as for a binding one it was made legitimate when a50 was triggerd.truth is the country is split for the nxt 10-15 yrs whatever happens.like someone said have a G E that way partys can canvass for remain or leave so peeps have there choice and the partys that refuse to pick a side become irrelevant ."

It wouldn’t work. No one party would have a majority, if Brexit party join up with the Tories they both have different ideas on what their ideal version of brexit is, the same with the Lib Dem’s and labour. Why have a GE on a single issue when you can just have another referendum? It doesn’t have to be a choice between leave and remain but a choice between a deal and no deal exit

west here ford shire

???

I read it, I am afraid you don’t understand what democracy is "

Don’t I??

Very condescending comments if you ask me

???

Don’t I??

Very condescending comments if you ask me"

If you believe what you have written then you don’t . I apologise if that sounds condescending but it is the truth

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

I think having a referendum before a general election is probably better but it's simply not going to happen. The Government can not function with this Parliament and the country has to be governed.

There is definitely going to be a general election before Christmas and the most likely date is 28 November. It may be sooner if a care taker government can be agreed on by the LibDems/SNP/Labour.

After 19th October the extension to article 50 will have been secured and it will be safe to call the General Election.

Those who believe that either The BREXIT Party or the LibDems are going to sweep the board are living in cloud Cuckoo land. However both will do better than they have in previous elections. The LibDems will win seats from both the Conservatives and Labour; the BREXIT party may win some seats from the Conservatives but they may actually just split the Leave vote and let a LibDem or Labour candidate in. In a similar vain the Conservatives may pick up a few Labour seats where the LibDems actually split the anti-Leave vote but overall the Conservatives will loose seats as will Labour. We will end up with a hung Parliament but it will also be an even more Remain Parliament than it is currently. We can expect after this General Election a referendum in Spring next year and quite possibly yet another General Election in the Autumn.

west here ford shire

???

Don’t I??

If you believe what you have written then you don’t . I apologise if that sounds condescending but it is the truth "

I do get where you’re coming from, but who doesn’t understand democracy me or the politicians who refuse to accept the referendum result??

My point is how can they stand for parliament when they have already gone against their representation that elected them?

west here ford shire

"I think having a referendum before a general election is probably better but it's simply not going to happen. The Government can not function with this Parliament and the country has to be governed.

There is definitely going to be a general election before Christmas and the most likely date is 28 November. It may be sooner if a care taker government can be agreed on by the LibDems/SNP/Labour.

After 19th October the extension to article 50 will have been secured and it will be safe to call the General Election.

Those who believe that either The BREXIT Party or the LibDems are going to sweep the board are living in cloud Cuckoo land. However both will do better than they have in previous elections. The LibDems will win seats from both the Conservatives and Labour; the BREXIT party may win some seats from the Conservatives but they may actually just split the Leave vote and let a LibDem or Labour candidate in. In a similar vain the Conservatives may pick up a few Labour seats where the LibDems actually split the anti-Leave vote but overall the Conservatives will loose seats as will Labour. We will end up with a hung Parliament but it will also be an even more Remain Parliament than it is currently. We can expect after this General Election a referendum in Spring next year and quite possibly yet another General Election in the Autumn."

Why should we have another referendum wasn’t the last one to your liking? Or I’d it you can’t stand it because it didn’t go your way...??

It didn’t go my way either, but I accept the result

???

Don’t I??

If you believe what you have written then you don’t . I apologise if that sounds condescending but it is the truth

I do get where you’re coming from, but who doesn’t understand democracy me or the politicians who refuse to accept the referendum result??

My point is how can they stand for parliament when they have already gone against their representation that elected them?"

Using that logic how can Boris be PM when he has already voted against Mays deal to leave the EU?

west here ford shire

???

Don’t I??

My point is how can they stand for parliament when they have already gone against their representation that elected them?

Using that logic how can Boris be PM when he has already voted against Mays deal to leave the EU? "

Because he didn’t believe the deal was best for the U.K.?

Look I’m not saying what has gone by is right, all I’m saying is we had a vote, we all know the result, like it or not let’s just get on with it..

These politicians who are trying to stall things or let’s have another vote.. they need to go!!

Widnes

"I think having a referendum before a general election is probably better but it's simply not going to happen. The Government can not function with this Parliament and the country has to be governed.

Those who believe that either The BREXIT Party or the LibDems are going to sweep the board are living in cloud Cuckoo land. However both will do better than they have in previous elections. The LibDems will win seats from both the Conservatives and Labour; the BREXIT party may win some seats from the Conservatives but they may actually just split the Leave vote and let a LibDem or Labour candidate in. In a similar vain the Conservatives may pick up a few Labour seats where the LibDems actually split the anti-Leave vote but overall the Conservatives will loose seats as will Labour. We will end up with a hung Parliament but it will also be an even more Remain Parliament than it is currently. We can expect after this General Election a referendum in Spring next year and quite possibly yet another General Election in the Autumn.

Why should we have another referendum wasn’t the last one to your liking? Or I’d it you can’t stand it because it didn’t go your way...??

It didn’t go my way either, but I accept the result"

I'm not saying what I want to happen I'm saying what I think will happen.

Personally I'm not overly in favour of referendum in any situation but unless either the LibDems or BREXIT+Conservative party gets 325+ seats (which they won't) I think a referendum in Spring next year is more than likely.

west here ford shire

Personally I'm not overly in favour of referendum in any situation but unless either the LibDems or BREXIT+Conservative party gets 325+ seats (which they won't) I think a referendum in Spring next year is more than likely.

"

Possibly true but that’s a sad indictment of the ness we are in.

The best thing all round is just leave EU with or without a deal,

By *osweet69Couple  over a year ago

portsmouth

Can I ask the people that want to remain what is it they are going to do if you get another extension?

"Can I ask the people that want to remain what is it they are going to do if you get another extension? "

If boris gets a deal we won’t need an extension, are you confident he will??

The best thing all round is just leave EU with or without a deal, "

We had a deal, Boris and his cronies voted against it?

Widnes

The best thing all round is just leave EU with or without a deal, "

I totally disagree with that. Leaving with out a deal would be an economic disaster and does not fulfill either the democratic mandate of the referendum nor the General Election in 2017, which in both cases promised that we would Leave the EU with a deal better than we currently have now because "getting a good trade deal after we Leave would be easy and simple because we would hold all the cards". Parliament rightly hasn't agreed to Leave yet because, so far, no deal put before Parliament including 'no deal' is better than the deal we already have and, as such, does not fulfill the mandate from either the referendum or the 2017 general election.

The best thing all round is just leave EU with or without a deal,

I totally disagree with that. Leaving with out a deal would be an economic disaster and does not fulfill either the democratic mandate of the referendum nor the General Election in 2017, which in both cases promised that we would Leave the EU with a deal better than we currently have now because "getting a good trade deal after we Leave would be easy and simple because we would hold all the cards". Parliament rightly hasn't agreed to Leave yet because, so far, no deal put before Parliament including 'no deal' is better than the deal we already have and, as such, does not fulfill the mandate from either the referendum or the 2017 general election.

"

Widnes

"Can I ask the people that want to remain what is it they are going to do if you get another extension? "

Have a general election and possibly a confirmatory referendum.

portsmouth

"Can I ask the people that want to remain what is it they are going to do if you get another extension?

If boris gets a deal we won’t need an extension, are you confident he will??"

He cannot get a deal, he does not want a deal as a good deal is not possible.There is no other way forward but no deal the last three years is proof of that.It is no deal or tear the country apart and overturn the result of a legal and lawful referendum.

"Can I ask the people that want to remain what is it they are going to do if you get another extension?

If boris gets a deal we won’t need an extension, are you confident he will?? He cannot get a deal, he does not want a deal as a good deal is not possible.There is no other way forward but no deal the last three years is proof of that.It is no deal or tear the country apart and overturn the result of a legal and lawful referendum. "

Advisory referendum. But he promised us a deal, he said a no deal would be a ‘failure’ it was supposed to be easy to get a good deal. If you voted leave you must be furious

Widnes

If boris gets a deal we won’t need an extension, are you confident he will?? He cannot get a deal, he does not want a deal as a good deal is not possible.There is no other way forward but no deal the last three years is proof of that.It is no deal or tear the country apart and overturn the result of a legal and lawful referendum. "

The mandate from the referendum was to Leave with a better deal than we currently have as a member of the EU. Leaving with 'no deal' does not fulfill the referendum mandate and is no more a true reflection of the "will of the people" as expressed in the Referendum than Remaining.

Unless a deal can be put before Parliament that fulfills both the mandate from the referendum and the 2017 general election then any other form of Leaving requires a new mandate from the people.

portsmouth

If boris gets a deal we won’t need an extension, are you confident he will?? He cannot get a deal, he does not want a deal as a good deal is not possible.There is no other way forward but no deal the last three years is proof of that.It is no deal or tear the country apart and overturn the result of a legal and lawful referendum.

The mandate from the referendum was to Leave with a better deal than we currently have as a member of the EU. Leaving with 'no deal' does not fulfill the referendum mandate and is no more a true reflection of the "will of the people" as expressed in the Referendum than Remaining.

Unless a deal can be put before Parliament that fulfills both the mandate from the referendum and the 2017 general election then any other form of Leaving requires a new mandate from the people.

"

The referendum voting form stated leave/ remain it did not stated but only if we get a better deal. If it did then it must have been in the small print and I over looked it.

If boris gets a deal we won’t need an extension, are you confident he will?? He cannot get a deal, he does not want a deal as a good deal is not possible.There is no other way forward but no deal the last three years is proof of that.It is no deal or tear the country apart and overturn the result of a legal and lawful referendum.

The referendum voting form stated leave/ remain it did not stated but only if we get a better deal. If it did then it must have been in the small print and I over looked it. "

Yes, you must have. Better luck next time

portsmouth

The referendum voting form stated leave/ remain it did not stated but only if we get a better deal. If it did then it must have been in the small print and I over looked it.

Yes, you must have. Better luck next time "

Bugger must take my glasses next time

Yes, you must have. Better luck next time Bugger must take my glasses next time "

Yep. On a serious note I guess you voted to leave?? Do you feel satisfied with what you were told before the referendum ?

Yes, you must have. Better luck next time Bugger must take my glasses next time

Yep. On a serious note I guess you voted to leave?? Do you feel satisfied with what you were told before the referendum ?"

leavers can't be satisfied as were told it would be honoured.. (advisory or not)

portsmouth

Yep. On a serious note I guess you voted to leave?? Do you feel satisfied with what you were told before the referendum ?"

One should never assume especially if it is on the internet but putting that to the side I think Brexit has shown the powers that be do not respect the wishes of the majority if those wishes do not fall in line with their own agenda.

Yep. On a serious note I guess you voted to leave?? Do you feel satisfied with what you were told before the referendum ?.

leavers can't be satisfied as were told it would be honoured.. (advisory or not)"

But we were all promised it would be a great and easy deal? As soon as we get this amazing deal we will leave.

I am a remainer and proud of it and I find it incredibly sad that Brexit has been whipped up by the likes of Dominic Cummings, Boris and Nige to the hysterical point where people seriously are suggesting that parliament and politicians should be closed down and got rid of! Do none of you realise that a vote, even if you dont get your way or like the choice of questions is a fuck site more valuable to you as a human being than being disenfranchised to the point of being a wage slave? The amount of lies told by all sides in this war are legion but the facts are - we were in a very good position in the third largest trading bloc in the world, we left because we were told that we would gain all sorts of debatable benefits, there was and as far as we know still is no real plan for exiting the EU, the failure of the political process has stoked up hatred and violent polemic against people trying to do their jobs and now we are being told that the only way to resolve all this is to essentially commit economic suicide because in ten, twenty, fifty years time this country will be free and empowered and mighty again? From where I stand it all looks like the emperors new clothes and the only people who I can see benefiting are those who are already wealthy and will feed off the chaos they have fostered. Well, thats my jolly thoughts on a cold wet and windy Saturday morning....

portsmouth

"I am a remainer and proud of it and I find it incredibly sad that Brexit has been whipped up by the likes of Dominic Cummings, Boris and Nige to the hysterical point where people seriously are suggesting that parliament and politicians should be closed down and got rid of! Do none of you realise that a vote, even if you dont get your way or like the choice of questions is a fuck site more valuable to you as a human being than being disenfranchised to the point of being a wage slave? The amount of lies told by all sides in this war are legion but the facts are - we were in a very good position in the third largest trading bloc in the world, we left because we were told that we would gain all sorts of debatable benefits, there was and as far as we know still is no real plan for exiting the EU, the failure of the political process has stoked up hatred and violent polemic against people trying to do their jobs and now we are being told that the only way to resolve all this is to essentially commit economic suicide because in ten, twenty, fifty years time this country will be free and empowered and mighty again? From where I stand it all looks like the emperors new clothes and the only people who I can see benefiting are those who are already wealthy and will feed off the chaos they have fostered. Well, thats my jolly thoughts on a cold wet and windy Saturday morning.... "
If that is the case and you respect the majority vote then let us leave with or without a

deal.It is that simple

"I am a remainer and proud of it and I find it incredibly sad that Brexit has been whipped up by the likes of Dominic Cummings, Boris and Nige to the hysterical point where people seriously are suggesting that parliament and politicians should be closed down and got rid of! Do none of you realise that a vote, even if you dont get your way or like the choice of questions is a fuck site more valuable to you as a human being than being disenfranchised to the point of being a wage slave? The amount of lies told by all sides in this war are legion but the facts are - we were in a very good position in the third largest trading bloc in the world, we left because we were told that we would gain all sorts of debatable benefits, there was and as far as we know still is no real plan for exiting the EU, the failure of the political process has stoked up hatred and violent polemic against people trying to do their jobs and now we are being told that the only way to resolve all this is to essentially commit economic suicide because in ten, twenty, fifty years time this country will be free and empowered and mighty again? From where I stand it all looks like the emperors new clothes and the only people who I can see benefiting are those who are already wealthy and will feed off the chaos they have fostered. Well, thats my jolly thoughts on a cold wet and windy Saturday morning.... If that is the case and you respect the majority vote then let us leave with or without a

deal.It is that simple "

It isn’t though , forget about a no deal, unless the EU kick us out it isn’t happening , we just need to wait for Boris to get us an amazing deal

portsmouth

"I am a remainer and proud of it and I find it incredibly sad that Brexit has been whipped up by the likes of Dominic Cummings, Boris and Nige to the hysterical point where people seriously are suggesting that parliament and politicians should be closed down and got rid of! Do none of you realise that a vote, even if you dont get your way or like the choice of questions is a fuck site more valuable to you as a human being than being disenfranchised to the point of being a wage slave? The amount of lies told by all sides in this war are legion but the facts are - we were in a very good position in the third largest trading bloc in the world, we left because we were told that we would gain all sorts of debatable benefits, there was and as far as we know still is no real plan for exiting the EU, the failure of the political process has stoked up hatred and violent polemic against people trying to do their jobs and now we are being told that the only way to resolve all this is to essentially commit economic suicide because in ten, twenty, fifty years time this country will be free and empowered and mighty again? From where I stand it all looks like the emperors new clothes and the only people who I can see benefiting are those who are already wealthy and will feed off the chaos they have fostered. Well, thats my jolly thoughts on a cold wet and windy Saturday morning.... If that is the case and you respect the majority vote then let us leave with or without a

deal.It is that simple

It isn’t though , forget about a no deal, unless the EU kick us out it isn’t happening , we just need to wait for Boris to get us an amazing deal "

Or he can simply not ask for extension.

deal.It is that simple

It isn’t though , forget about a no deal, unless the EU kick us out it isn’t happening , we just need to wait for Boris to get us an amazing deal Or he can simply not ask for extension. "

He has to

By *iverpool LoverMan  over a year ago

liverpool

I feel pretty confident in saying that article 50 will be revoked at some point and we will remain in thr EU.

Ive felt this ever since the first dead line had passed.

There will be an extention and then a general election and eventually a 2nd referendum (unless lib dems get in as they will revoke article 50 without a 2nd referendum).

The results of a 2nd referendum will be a overwhelming number for remain and brexit vots will not even reach double figures in the millions next time.

As someone who voted leave after knowing more about what brexit means this timr around i will be voting remain as will most people i know that voted brexit first time.

I think the goverment have know this for a long time which is why they are so adamant on no 2nd referendum even though may tried to get her deal through parliament 3 times.

Such a waste of 3 years and hundreds of millions which could have been devoted to better things.

Ah well

portsmouth

deal.It is that simple

It isn’t though , forget about a no deal, unless the EU kick us out it isn’t happening , we just need to wait for Boris to get us an amazing deal Or he can simply not ask for extension.

He has to "

I heard that as well.Time will tell

I think we should put brexit in the ‘to hard to do tray’ and admit it’s to difficult to leave regardless of all the passion. Let’s get back to how we were 3.5 years ago and be civil to one another and respect our communities and institutions however much they may need reform.

I fear that the county will be forever divided

deal.It is that simple

It isn’t though , forget about a no deal, unless the EU kick us out it isn’t happening , we just need to wait for Boris to get us an amazing deal Or he can simply not ask for extension.

He has to I heard that as well.Time will tell "

Yes it will. He is a deadman walking

"I think we should put brexit in the ‘to hard to do tray’ and admit it’s to difficult to leave regardless of all the passion. Let’s get back to how we were 3.5 years ago and be civil to one another and respect our communities and institutions however much they may need reform.

I fear that the county will be forever divided"

It won’t be. The majority of the leave voters are from the older generation who will die off in the next 20 to 30 years and brexit will just be consigned to history .

I personally think it wont matter if he gets a deal or how good it is it will never get through parliament because most mps are after stopping Brexit happening so they will simply vote against whatever deal is put before the house

"I personally think it wont matter if he gets a deal or how good it is it will never get through parliament because most mps are after stopping Brexit happening so they will simply vote against whatever deal is put before the house"
If they vote down what the EU are putting together now we will leave with no deal. The EU have said no more and kick us out, can't keep hanging around and not knowing what's going on.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

"I personally think it wont matter if he gets a deal or how good it is it will never get through parliament because most mps are after stopping Brexit happening so they will simply vote against whatever deal is put before the houseIf they vote down what the EU are putting together now we will leave with no deal. The EU have said no more and kick us out, can't keep hanging around and not knowing what's going on."

The Eu won’t kick us out - they will keep us in forever more - all thanks to the Surrender Act

"I personally think it wont matter if he gets a deal or how good it is it will never get through parliament because most mps are after stopping Brexit happening so they will simply vote against whatever deal is put before the houseIf they vote down what the EU are putting together now we will leave with no deal. The EU have said no more and kick us out, can't keep hanging around and not knowing what's going on.

The Eu won’t kick us out - they will keep us in forever more - all thanks to the Surrender Act "

Let’s hope so. Benn should get a knighthood for this

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

"I personally think it wont matter if he gets a deal or how good it is it will never get through parliament because most mps are after stopping Brexit happening so they will simply vote against whatever deal is put before the house"

That's simply a lie.

Most of them reject a no deal Brexit because it would be bad. Very bad for everyone.

Many of those opposing the Government have voted for a transition agreement that would have seen us leave by now and started negotiating future agreements.

More than most cabinet ministers have managed.

"I personally think it wont matter if he gets a deal or how good it is it will never get through parliament because most mps are after stopping Brexit happening so they will simply vote against whatever deal is put before the houseIf they vote down what the EU are putting together now we will leave with no deal. The EU have said no more and kick us out, can't keep hanging around and not knowing what's going on.

The Eu won’t kick us out - they will keep us in forever more - all thanks to the Surrender Act "

No surrender no surrender no surrender to the word surrender.

HATE SPEECH

Ahh bless, he's even using Doris' terms of negativity now

Try and be positive mate and get off your hamster wheels of Doom

[Removed by poster at 29/09/19 13:39:02]

"I personally think it wont matter if he gets a deal or how good it is it will never get through parliament because most mps are after stopping Brexit happening so they will simply vote against whatever deal is put before the house

That's simply a lie.

Most of them reject a no deal Brexit because it would be bad. Very bad for everyone.

Many of those opposing the Government have voted for a transition agreement that would have seen us leave by now and started negotiating future agreements.

More than most cabinet ministers have managed."

I simply stated what my own personal belief was so it is not a lie, yes you may disagree with mey feelings on the matter just as I do with a lot of yours and others on here but they are people's feelings and thoughts not lies

West London

"I personally think it wont matter if he gets a deal or how good it is it will never get through parliament because most mps are after stopping Brexit happening so they will simply vote against whatever deal is put before the house

That's simply a lie.

More than most cabinet ministers have managed. I simply stated what my own personal belief was so it is not a lie, yes you may disagree with mey feelings on the matter just as I do with a lot of yours and others on here but they are people's feelings and thoughts not lies"

Your opinion is being formed from a feeling not based on the real data available. Perhaps it's based on the information which you are being presented with? Perhaps you are choosing to accept the information that you agree with and reject that which you don't agree with?

That is rather the problem with all of this

That's simply a lie.

More than most cabinet ministers have managed. I simply stated what my own personal belief was so it is not a lie, yes you may disagree with mey feelings on the matter just as I do with a lot of yours and others on here but they are people's feelings and thoughts not lies

Your opinion is being formed from a feeling not based on the real data available. Perhaps it's based on the information which you are being presented with? Perhaps you are choosing to accept the information that you agree with and reject that which you don't agree with?

That is rather the problem with all of this "

how presumptuous of you to know how my feelings are being formed, not quite sure what you are insinuating about information I am presented with either, I get fed the same shit as everyone else does who watches the news but I am a big boy now and quite capable of forming my own opinions, like I said to start with just because they may not be inline with yours does not make them lies or invalid, you are entitled to yours and I am mine

West London

That's simply a lie.

More than most cabinet ministers have managed. I simply stated what my own personal belief was so it is not a lie, yes you may disagree with mey feelings on the matter just as I do with a lot of yours and others on here but they are people's feelings and thoughts not lies

That is rather the problem with all of this how presumptuous of you to know how my feelings are being formed, not quite sure what you are insinuating about information I am presented with either, I get fed the same shit as everyone else does who watches the news but I am a big boy now and quite capable of forming my own opinions, like I said to start with just because they may not be inline with yours does not make them lies or invalid, you are entitled to yours and I am mine

."

"because most mps are after stopping Brexit happening so they will simply vote against whatever deal is put before the house"

Not, in fact true. They have all voted for something and against something. What's missing is a consensus. When overlaid with party politics there is no agreement.

Your statement just doesn't stand up, objectively.

You can feel whatever wish regardless of the data. That does not invalidate them.

It doesn't make your feelings any more or less correct than mine.

It is perfectly possible that your data is flawed.

By *rhugesMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

The whole thing is a joke , we were not qualified to vote in a referendum, people didn't understand what they were voting for or what the EU gave to Wales.

We are a laughing stock .

Even if we did have a general election there is no-one or party I could vote for!!!

» Add a new message to this topic