FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > HMS Brexit

HMS Brexit

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ara J OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

Jake Berry, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State at the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government and Conservative MP for Rossendale and Darwen, thinks he knows how to unite the country after Brexit:

“The rebuilding of the Royal Yacht Britannia is not government policy. However, my personal view about it is in a post-Brexit environment it could play a real role in driving international trade.

"Things like that can provide new symbols of unity that we could potentially use to bring our country back together, something we could be proud of, something we could unite behind.

“President Obama said that there were… ‘only two people I really admire in this world and that’s Nelson Mandela and Her Majesty the Queen’.

“Absolutely, he was right about both of those extraordinary global political giants. A new royal yacht could be something which we could unite behind. But, as I say, it’s not government policy.”

We're in the midst of the biggest calamity in decades, and he thinks a fookin' royal yacht will fix things!

Lololololol

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

It's difficult to express quite how little admiration i have for this man. I just hope that his constituents, in not the most well off area of the country, are fully inspired by the idea of some extremely well off people being given a fancy boat that they neither need nor want. It's a good job that we have political giants like this to help us through the country's crisis.

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

He could hand it over to Grayling to use as a ferry.

-Matt

By *uck-RogersMan  over a year ago

Portland

Can you imagine prince Philip at the helm. He would run the thing aground.

By *uck-RogersMan  over a year ago

Portland

Personally I would not trust him with a plastic duck in a bath tub.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Just what the country needs when we've flushed all our cash down the Brexit toilet. A massive big boat for a rich lady.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It beggars belief....I actually cant think of an expression derogatory enough to describe the sheer fuckwittery of that idea....what a total moron he must be to come up with that!

By *ara J OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

I'd cast the lot of them adrift in it, and let the Russians use it for submarine target practice.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The Conservative cabinet are full of people who seem to some of the worst examples of those who are stupid who have attained a role way above their levels.

The division in this country, after 3 years where £billions have been wasted on brexit, after years of austerity measures, with housing and essential service level shortages, people on benefits, which have remained frozen (thus reducing their effective income levels, whilst costs have soared), could never be solved by a royal boat. The conservatives have trashed the country, causing this division and don't care.

» Add a new message to this topic