FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > brexit meaningful vote..... part 2

brexit meaningful vote..... part 2

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *abio OP   Man  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

" May deal coming back to Commons again. If it is not approved, UK to ask for long extension. If it is approvec, UK to ask for short extension.

The so-called free vote turned out to be three-line whip that MPs and Ministers ignored. "

I am guessing she will try and bring back her withdrawal agreement and we see a meaningful vote part 3 next week...

and then the ERG and the DUP have a stark choice... either her deal, or a really, really long extension (followed by a general election or a 2nd referendum)

now we are holding guns to head... no deal is deal, lets see if the ERG basically hold their nose and vote for TM's deal....

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

ERG supposedly now saying they will support May's deal on a 3rd reading if May resigns.

Lol

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

Next Wednesday, it appears.

EU must’ve told her not to waste their time unless she has something in place.

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

" May deal coming back to Commons again. If it is not approved, UK to ask for long extension. If it is approvec, UK to ask for short extension.

The so-called free vote turned out to be three-line whip that MPs and Ministers ignored.

I am guessing she will try and bring back her withdrawal agreement and we see a meaningful vote part 3 next week...

and then the ERG and the DUP have a stark choice... either her deal, or a really, really long extension (followed by a general election or a 2nd referendum)

now we are holding guns to head... no deal is deal, lets see if the ERG basically hold their nose and vote for TM's deal...."

Assuming the EU agree to a long extension and it doesn't get vetoed by any of the member states.

Cannock

"ERG supposedly now saying they will support May's deal on a 3rd reading if May resigns.

Lol"

I predicted that a couple of days ago on another thread before the 2nd vote. Theresa May stepping down as prime minister will be the price to pay for the support of the ERG.

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

THERESA May has calculated that if her deal keeps gaining support at the current rate it only needs another six votes to pass unanimously.

The prime minister has plotted votes from the Brexit withdrawal deal on blue squared graph paper and believes it will pass in three more hearings but she might as well go for the full six.

She continued: “That’s the secret weapon in my arsenal, you see. I’ve got maths A-level.

“When I heard that the withdrawal agreement had lost by 149 votes the first thing I thought was ‘Aye aye, I think I’ve spotted an upward trend.’

“And when I realised it was only the fourth-biggest defeat in parliamentary history I was delighted. Next time it’ll be 277 for and 356 against, then 312 for and 321 against, and so on.

“I knew instinctively it was a brilliant strategy to just keep presenting the exact same bill to the Commons again and again, and the data bears it out. Clever Theresa wins again.”

Opposition leader Jeremy Corbyn said: “Yeah? Well I’ve got O-level maths, so because I almost won the last election that means I’m mathematically certain to win the next one.”

Newcastle and Gateshead

well the one thing we learnt tonight...

who knew parliamentry sovereignty actually existed.....

govt lose win/lose.... you ended up whipping a free vote and you still lose!!!!

its been madness......

By *rincessvenusCouple  over a year ago

Hull

am i being stupid but why can she keep presenting the same deal when its be voted down twiceits like asking the peple to vote again and again

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

i see farage is in europe trying to get one of his mates to veto an extension.Then its mays deal or no deal.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"am i being stupid but why can she keep presenting the same deal when its be voted down twiceits like asking the peple to vote again and again"

in theory parliamentry convention says you don't..... you are suppose to leave it till the next "session" before trying again.... but TM is desperate, and anytime a new offer or wording from theEU goes in they can claim they are having a vote on something completely new.....

Bristol East

"i see farage is in europe trying to get one of his mates to veto an extension.Then its mays deal or no deal."

Well, he does has form when it comes to foreign meddling in domestic decisions.

near ipswich

"i see farage is in europe trying to get one of his mates to veto an extension.Then its mays deal or no deal.

Well, he does has form when it comes to foreign meddling in domestic decisions."

I hope he succeeds stop all this second referendum crap then they will have to do what the people voted for.

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

"Next Wednesday, it appears.

EU must’ve told her not to waste their time unless she has something in place."

If Bercow allows it - and precedent would suggest that he should not allow it unless it has meaningful changes to the 2nd time it was voted down.

All joking aside but motions that have even narrowly been rejected cannot be brought back just for the fun of it. A heavily defeated motion shoul, by rights be a dead duck meaning that MV3 is by no means a given.

near ipswich

"Next Wednesday, it appears.

EU must’ve told her not to waste their time unless she has something in place.

If Bercow allows it - and precedent would suggest that he should not allow it unless it has meaningful changes to the 2nd time it was voted down.

All joking aside but motions that have even narrowly been rejected cannot be brought back just for the fun of it. A heavily defeated motion shoul, by rights be a dead duck meaning that MV3 is by no means a given."

Very shortly thats all that will be left her deal or no deal so im sure he will allow it.

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

Or we could just pull A50 and take a deep breath. It is by far the best solution for the country.

By *bandjam91Couple  over a year ago

London

"i see farage is in europe trying to get one of his mates to veto an extension.Then its mays deal or no deal.

Well, he does has form when it comes to foreign meddling in domestic decisions.I hope he succeeds stop all this second referendum crap then they will have to do what the people voted for."

Won't happen. Get over it. And it was what *some* people voted for. And most of them didn't understand it in the first place.

Cannock

Well, he does has form when it comes to foreign meddling in domestic decisions."

As does Tony Blair but I don't see you complaining about that.

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

The so-called free vote turned out to be three-line whip that MPs and Ministers ignored.

now we are holding guns to head... no deal is deal, lets see if the ERG basically hold their nose and vote for TM's deal....

Assuming the EU agree to a long extension and it doesn't get vetoed by any of the member states. "

Well your favourite shysters, Banks and Farage are doing their damndest tp persuade their fascist mates in Europe to veto any extension......pricks.

By *andS_GlasgowCouple  over a year ago

Giffnock

Yep - #Letsgo !!

"Or we could just pull A50 and take a deep breath. It is by far the best solution for the country."

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

Anyone have a view on the opposition in all of this.

They want no-deal off he table, extension, complete change to the deal a second referendum and all options left open.

For a deal to get through either the Tory or Labour MP's have move, as according to votes, all of Labour voted against the deal with 75 ERG (hard line brexiteers) believing the deal wasn't hard enough, along with the DUP.

Playing Devils Advocate, those that voted for the deal would be saying the deal is reasonable (made up of remainers and leavers). So, what does that say of the Labour votes?

A jobs first policy doesn't fly as Brexit will be brexit no matter how close a customs union Labour seek to achieve - financial analyses simply cannot account for it. Will Labour MP's shift their votes?

By *ab_SparklesWoman  over a year ago

sparkle Surprised

Meanwhile I'm thinking of a shrink, i got none of that last night. So we aren't leaving on the 29th march now.

But I think she's put the deal up a 3rd time, apparently JB could block it hopefully we pray enough of the rubbish deal.

I was giggling at JB the speaker how he as to word things so he doesn't land himself in it.

It be fun when the local elections pop around and how many will still be in a seat.

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

For me I work in the finance industry and I don’t know what the impacts are going to be to either my

Job or my clients post March

We have had 2.5 years to sort this shitshow out

Torries, and May have to go but even as a labour voter I don’t want Corbyn or Abbot anywhere near running the country

[Removed by poster at 14/03/19 08:58:02]

"Or we could just pull A50 and take a deep breath. It is by far the best solution for the country."

We will take a step back from the abyss because only when we are standing on the precipice looking down do we change our minds.

It's inevitable .

Well, he does has form when it comes to foreign meddling in domestic decisions.I hope he succeeds stop all this second referendum crap then they will have to do what the people voted for.

Won't happen. Get over it. And it was what *some* people voted for. And most of them didn't understand it in the first place."

In hindsight, could it have been done better?

As often stated it is the biggest risk to the country since the war! Should we have had a "coalition government" setting out the plan to leave? Maybe we would then have had an agreed plan before we triggered A50 and the negotiations which in the main part were done by skilled negotiators with the government signing them off. However did we have the "best" or worst negotiators? Here in these forums people have pontificated about how they could do a better job- really? If so ask yourself what have you achieved in your life? Talk is easy, as the politicians promised everything and we have ended up with nothing!

For those who harp on about the war, a simple question- how many of you were there in the thick of it? You have no idea, just like you have no idea how difficult 1 against 27 is never going to win!

yumsville

" Talk is easy, as the politicians promised everything and we have ended up with nothing!"

This is why I ask - where is the oppositions plan. There is none. There should be a 500 page document ready to hit the ground running should they ever get into government. The electorate warrants it.

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

" Talk is easy, as the politicians promised everything and we have ended up with nothing!

This is why I ask - where is the oppositions plan. There is none. There should be a 500 page document ready to hit the ground running should they ever get into government. The electorate warrants it. "

Corbyn is a slippery a politician as any other.

Labour are hedging and spinning and twisting to be both pro-leave and pro-remain with the view to winning a general election.

By *bi_AstrayTV/TS  over a year ago

Plymouth

"i see farage is in europe trying to get one of his mates to veto an extension.Then its mays deal or no deal."

I'm going to assume that one of Farages mates is an MEP, a member of the European parliament, not a head of state. I'm pretty sure that this will be decided by the European Council, the 27 other heads of state... Just more smoke and mirrors from Farage. One or two fascist mep's cannot veto a major deal, a country can. there are over 700 mep's he'd have to convince more than one or two to have a chance of vetoing any extension if it did go through the EU parliament. For someone who has so much to say about the EU you don't seem to understand how it works very well.

Cannock

I'm going to assume that one of Farages mates is an MEP, a member of the European parliament, not a head of state. I'm pretty sure that this will be decided by the European Council, the 27 other heads of state... Just more smoke and mirrors from Farage. One or two fascist mep's cannot veto a major deal, a country can. there are over 700 mep's he'd have to convince more than one or two to have a chance of vetoing any extension if it did go through the EU parliament. For someone who has so much to say about the EU you don't seem to understand how it works very well. "

It will only take 1 veto in the EU to stop any extension to article 50. The leader of Italy, Salvini, was an Anti EU MEP in the European Parliament for many years and worked alongside Farage in the same group in the European Parliament. They know each other very well. That could be where the veto comes from and I also wouldn't be surprised if Hungary decide to put a veto in alongside Italy.

I'm going to assume that one of Farages mates is an MEP, a member of the European parliament, not a head of state. I'm pretty sure that this will be decided by the European Council, the 27 other heads of state... Just more smoke and mirrors from Farage. One or two fascist mep's cannot veto a major deal, a country can. there are over 700 mep's he'd have to convince more than one or two to have a chance of vetoing any extension if it did go through the EU parliament. For someone who has so much to say about the EU you don't seem to understand how it works very well.

It will only take 1 veto in the EU to stop any extension to article 50. The leader of Italy, Salvini, was an Anti EU MEP in the European Parliament for many years and worked alongside Farage in the same group in the European Parliament. They know each other very well. That could be where the veto comes from and I also wouldn't be surprised if Hungary decide to put a veto in alongside Italy. "

Again you’re excited about other countries interference with our sovereignty.

Which was one of your main reasons for trying to ruin the country with Brexit.

You either do, or don’t care about sovereignty.

You’re right about one thing, Salvini is as much of a scumbag as Farage.

By *ovelifelovefuntimesMan  over a year ago

Where ever I lay my hat

The Speaker should say no but he won't. The ERG should hold to their principles but they won't. So we will end up with a deal which is frankly worse than being a member of the EU which is bonkers and we will then see years of discussion/negotiation on the future relationship which is the important stuff and the EU knowing that the UK is a shambles and will ultimately fold will make that as difficult as possible until it gets what it wants. An utter shambles and whatever the outcome we have relegated ourselves to the periphery and our reputation has been damaged for decades.

By *bi_AstrayTV/TS  over a year ago

Plymouth

It will only take 1 veto in the EU to stop any extension to article 50. The leader of Italy, Salvini, was an Anti EU MEP in the European Parliament for many years and worked alongside Farage in the same group in the European Parliament. They know each other very well. That could be where the veto comes from and I also wouldn't be surprised if Hungary decide to put a veto in alongside Italy. "

News articles are suggesting Italy support an extension to article 50 though... And there's an oxymoron, Farage working in Europe, pity he only ever went to one of the many fishery meetings he was supposed to attend, and then stupid people moan about the bad deal our fishermen have got and support Farage... The man is a con man...

"The ERG should hold to their principles but they won't."

Just to clarify this point for you. The ERGs are sticking religiously to their principles which are “we will get even more filthy stinking rich and powerful, fuck everyone else and condem them extreme poverty and ramp up austerity”

Chudleigh

"The Speaker should say no but he won't. The ERG should hold to their principles but they won't. So we will end up with a deal which is frankly worse than being a member of the EU which is bonkers and we will then see years of discussion/negotiation on the future relationship which is the important stuff and the EU knowing that the UK is a shambles and will ultimately fold will make that as difficult as possible until it gets what it wants. An utter shambles and whatever the outcome we have relegated ourselves to the periphery and our reputation has been damaged for decades."

Revoke A50 and then arrest Farage for Treason - result!

Cannock

"The Speaker should say no but he won't. The ERG should hold to their principles but they won't. So we will end up with a deal which is frankly worse than being a member of the EU which is bonkers and we will then see years of discussion/negotiation on the future relationship which is the important stuff and the EU knowing that the UK is a shambles and will ultimately fold will make that as difficult as possible until it gets what it wants. An utter shambles and whatever the outcome we have relegated ourselves to the periphery and our reputation has been damaged for decades.

Revoke A50 and then arrest Farage for Treason - result! "

Arrest Farage for treason? Funny that Tony Blair has been sticking his nose in the EU and Europe for months conspiring against the UK but you've never once complained about that?

Or is this yet another example of Remainer double standards.

Chudleigh

"The Speaker should say no but he won't. The ERG should hold to their principles but they won't. So we will end up with a deal which is frankly worse than being a member of the EU which is bonkers and we will then see years of discussion/negotiation on the future relationship which is the important stuff and the EU knowing that the UK is a shambles and will ultimately fold will make that as difficult as possible until it gets what it wants. An utter shambles and whatever the outcome we have relegated ourselves to the periphery and our reputation has been damaged for decades.

Revoke A50 and then arrest Farage for Treason - result!

Arrest Farage for treason? Funny that Tony Blair has been sticking his nose in the EU and Europe for months conspiring against the UK but you've never once complained about that?

Or is this yet another example of Remainer double standards. "

You could if you wanted, free speech and allthat?

Revoke A50 and then arrest Farage for Treason - result! "

The guy fawkes of the 21st century.On the payroll of Vladimir Putin no doubt...

yumsville

"The ERG should hold to their principles but they won't.

Just to clarify this point for you. The ERGs are sticking religiously to their principles which are “we will get even more filthy stinking rich and powerful, fuck everyone else and condem them extreme poverty and ramp up austerity”"

No Labour millionaires? None Privately educated? None self interested? No landlords, nor business owners, non using loopholes to coin it in either I'd expect.

Bristol East

Totally naive.

For a country to risk falling out with 26 neighbours, its leader needs more than a “pint with Nigel”.

Farage has nothing to offer. The Russians do. In fact, the links between the populists in Italy and the Russians have already been exposed.

yumsville

"

Farage has nothing to offer. The Russians do. In fact, the links between the populists in Italy and the Russians have already been exposed."

Those tweeting Russians need a puddy cat.

Just to clarify this point for you. The ERGs are sticking religiously to their principles which are “we will get even more filthy stinking rich and powerful, fuck everyone else and condem them extreme poverty and ramp up austerity”

No Labour millionaires? None Privately educated? None self interested? No landlords, nor business owners, non using loopholes to coin it in either I'd expect. "

You’re falling into the most common mistakes.

1. I was specifically talking about the ERG and their agenda. In a direct response to your comment about the ERG. If you want to talk about Labour, we can do. But it’s not related in any way to the points being discussed.

2. Not everyone who is against the greedy rich few (for example the ERG), is a Labour supporter. As an example I am not.

So trying to divert attention to Labour, is not relevant and is something I may agree upon, as there are plenty of Labour politicians I don’t like too.

Bristol East

MPs to vote tonight on whether to ask for a delay to hold a second referendum.

How many Tories will be needed to get that through ( assuming some Labour abstain or reject).

20?

It’s possible.

yumsville

No Labour millionaires? None Privately educated? None self interested? No landlords, nor business owners, non using loopholes to coin it in either I'd expect.

1. I was specifically talking about the ERG and their agenda. In a direct response to your comment about the ERG. If you want to talk about Labour, we can do. But it’s not related in any way to the points being discussed.

2. Not everyone who is against the greedy rich few (for example the ERG), is a Labour supporter. As an example I am not.

So trying to divert attention to Labour, is not relevant and is something I may agree upon, as there are plenty of Labour politicians I don’t like too. "

It wasn't a quote from me.

It's weird this stuff. (No-dealing ERGers and austerity making the greedy rich richer.

But voting for a Brexit deal is bad ... will this in turn make the poorer richer?

It was hardly a feat to mention the number of MP's who are millionaires. Nobody questions Labours saviour plans. If you are against the greedy rich, government will take it through austerity or taxes. Pick a side.

So trying to divert attention to Labour, is not relevant and is something I may agree upon, as there are plenty of Labour politicians I don’t like too.

It's weird this stuff. (No-dealing ERGers and austerity making the greedy rich richer.

But voting for a Brexit deal is bad ... will this in turn make the poorer richer?

It was hardly a feat to mention the number of MP's who are millionaires. Nobody questions Labours saviour plans. If you are against the greedy rich, government will take it through austerity or taxes. Pick a side.

"

If we’re looking at what’s best for ordinary people and what’s worst for the greedy few. It’s clear that remaining in Europe is by far, head and shoulders above all the others, the best option. Then the worst option by far, is no deal. With Theresa Mays shit deal just slightly above no deal.

Are you asking me to pick a side between conservatives and labour? I’ve never voted for the Tories in my life because I don’t see why I should help out the rich few at my own expence. I’ve voted labour once, it was a tactical vote to keep out the self serving Tory that had been there for years and years.

"

Austerity or taxes - it isn’t one or the other.

"

I misunderstood that guys choice in my post. Sorry.

I choose making big corporations and very wealthy individuals paying their fair share of tax. Close the loopholes.

yumsville

"

"

It is actually. The libs will increase income tax and cut corporation tax (damn fat cats). The Greens (2015) will find an extra £6,600 per tax payer, tax financial transactions and air travel. Labour I can't be arsed with, The Torys - I can't be arse with.

Vote green.

Cannock

"MPs to vote tonight on whether to ask for a delay to hold a second referendum.

How many Tories will be needed to get that through ( assuming some Labour abstain or reject).

20?

It’s possible."

Vote for a delay to allow a 2nd referendum soundly rejected by Parliament. Only around 80 in favour of a 2nd referendum and around 350 against a 2nd referendum.

By *rotic-TouchTV/TS  over a year ago

doncaster

20?

It’s possible.

Vote for a delay to allow a 2nd referendum soundly rejected by Parliament. Only around 80 in favour of a 2nd referendum and around 350 against a 2nd referendum. "

the labour party had been whipped to abstain from voting on this tho , only a few rebels from labour actually voted , tricks up their sleeves still !

Cannock

Hillary Benn ammendment to allow backbench MP's to take control of brexit away from the government also rejected by the commons.

Cannock

20?

It’s possible.

Vote for a delay to allow a 2nd referendum soundly rejected by Parliament. Only around 80 in favour of a 2nd referendum and around 350 against a 2nd referendum. the labour party had been whipped to abstain from voting on this tho , only a few rebels from labour actually voted , tricks up their sleeves still ! "

Ruth Smeeth voted against it and has just resigned from the Labour front bench.

Cannock

Corbyn's ammendment calling for an extension with a different approach (I.e his deal) also rejected by Parliament, lol.

The only thing clear is that Parliament as a majority want fuck all, nothing, so all I can see is them to vote on prolonging this agony.

doncaster

MPs voted to delay Brexit 210 majority

near ipswich

"The only thing clear is that Parliament as a majority want fuck all, nothing, so all I can see is them to vote on prolonging this agony.

"

Yep lets see how much money the eu want now for the delay this is not going to be cheap.

"The only thing clear is that Parliament as a majority want fuck all, nothing, so all I can see is them to vote on prolonging this agony.

Yep lets see how much money the eu want now for the delay this is not going to be cheap."

I'm holding out for just 1 of the EU 27 saying no to an extension.

Wishful thinking I know

near ipswich

Yep lets see how much money the eu want now for the delay this is not going to be cheap.

Wishful thinking I know "

Have to see who nigel can butter up.

By *xplicitlyricsMan  over a year ago

south dublin

What a clusterfuck. Remember when Tories said this would be the easiest deal ever?

Cannock

"MPs voted to delay Brexit 210 majority "

Provided the EU 27 agree, which is not a given.

Cannock

Wishful thinking I know Have to see who nigel can butter up. "

Yep, just hoping Nigel can work his magic and persuade one of them to veto.

Wishful thinking I know Have to see who nigel can butter up.

Yep, just hoping Nigel can work his magic and persuade one of them to veto. "

Yes, for once I'm rooting for Nigel

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

"MPs voted to delay Brexit 210 majority

Provided the EU 27 agree, which is not a given. "

Which I presume means that the govt will then revoke A50 then and it's all over.

They've already voted that they don't want a 'no deal' brexit. So revoking A50 is pretty much the only option they have left themselves with.

-Matt

near ipswich

Which I presume means that the govt will then revoke A50 then and it's all over.

They've already voted that they don't want a 'no deal' brexit. So revoking A50 is pretty much the only option they have left themselves with.

-Matt"

You wish but thats not going to happen.

Newcastle and Gateshead

-MattYou wish but thats not going to happen."

and you know it isn't going to be just 1 country who is going to use the Veto...

do you want to be "the country" that screws it up for the UK and the EU....

yeah... aint happening!!!

if MV3 is defeated on monday.... roll on the 21 month extension til dec 2020.....

Bristol East

Take back control?

"Hello, is that the EU? We don't want the control. We cannot make up our mind what Brexit means. Can you help us, please?"

Putting the great back into Britain, eh?

Wakey, wakey, folks, Britain is a second-rate country drowning in a sea of incompetence.

Barbados

-MattYou wish but thats not going to happen."

What are the other options?

an extension requires agreement from the EU27. If they don't give it, then what?

-Matt

Bristol East

MV4 in the last week of March.

-MattYou wish but thats not going to happen.

an extension requires agreement from the EU27. If they don't give it, then what?

-Matt"

No deal by default, or revoke article 50

"MV4 in the last week of March.

"

Bercow will refuse that I’m certain. He may yet refuse MV3

"

It is actually. The libs will increase income tax and cut corporation tax (damn fat cats). The Greens (2015) will find an extra £6,600 per tax payer, tax financial transactions and air travel. Labour I can't be arsed with, The Torys - I can't be arse with. "

Really, it isn’t.

If we had a socialist government we could generate money from the profits of nationalised industries and services.

Maybe why you couldn’t be arsed with mentioning Labour?

Barbados

-Matt

No deal by default, or revoke article 50"

Exactly.

-Matt

near ipswich

-Matt"

well by default we leave on the 29th and unless they change the law thats what has to happen.

-Mattwell by default we leave on the 29th and unless they change the law thats what has to happen."

I hope T May fucks up and forgets what day it is and accidently drops us out at 23:00 29th March

Barbados

-Mattwell by default we leave on the 29th and unless they change the law thats what has to happen."

But parliament has just explicitly voted for that not to happen. Which leaves the only other option to revoke A50.

Or I suppose the govt could just, y'know, go back on anything they've voted on, or said, or agreed to, or thought.... yeah... exactly.

-Matt

Bristol East

"

Yep, just hoping Nigel can work his magic and persuade one of them to veto. "

"They need us more than we need them."

That's been the mantra from the Brextremists.

Let's assume that is true.

Why on earth would any of them turn round now and shoot themselves in the foot?

I mean, they need us more than we need them. Don't they?

Because the most despised politician in the European Parliament asks them to?

More Brexit logic, eh? Wonderful.

And those German car manufacturers who you said repeatedly would swing it for the UK?

Well, might they now swing it for Germany?

I suspect Mrs Merkel and her chums will have far more persuasive arguments in the corridor outside the council of ministers than your imaginary "pint in the pub with Nigel" offer.

More wall-to-wall entertainment from the Brexit asylum.

yumsville

"

It is actually. The libs will increase income tax and cut corporation tax (damn fat cats). The Greens (2015) will find an extra £6,600 per tax payer, tax financial transactions and air travel. Labour I can't be arsed with, The Torys - I can't be arse with.

Really, it isn’t.

If we had a socialist government we could generate money from the profits of nationalised industries and services.

"

Really it is. Massive. Inconceivable. Moonshot amounts of spending would have to take place for that to occur. Where would that lending come from? Private banks, equity firms, Governments, other interested parties, all wanting a their money back before yo worker gets any pay rise and yo worker gets any infrastructure spending.

What happens when yo worker doesn't get any pay rise or sees their services going to shit? Strikes and tax increases to pay for them them, that is not to mention the tax increases to put a down payment on them in the first place.

That is if it actually happens, because for a company to run profitably is a very difficult thing. For a government to run the number of arms you are talking about would be a like the dinosaurs waking up from slumber and walking the Earth.

All speculation though.

"

Really, it isn’t.

Really it is. Massive. Inconceivable. Moonshot amounts of spending would have to take place for that to occur. Where would that lending come from? Private banks, equity firms, Governments, other interested parties, all wanting a their money back before yo worker gets any pay rise and yo worker gets any infrastructure spending.

What happens when yo worker doesn't get any pay rise or sees their services going to shit? Strikes and tax increases to pay for them them, that is not to mention the tax increases to put a down payment on them in the first place.

That is if it actually happens, because for a company to run profitably is a very difficult thing. For a government to run the number of arms you are talking about would be a like the dinosaurs waking up from slumber and walking the Earth.

All speculation though. "

You said austerity or taxes.

I’ve shown you another option.

Right wing ideology cannot support a growing economy and a welfare state -which is why they ultimately seek to destroy it, why hundreds of thousands of us are dying every few years from austerity and why millions of us are living in poverty. Socialism however CAN do both - provide a healthy economy and a welfare state.

By *onny MCMan  over a year ago

Crawley

20?

It’s possible.

Vote for a delay to allow a 2nd referendum soundly rejected by Parliament. Only around 80 in favour of a 2nd referendum and around 350 against a 2nd referendum. the labour party had been whipped to abstain from voting on this tho , only a few rebels from labour actually voted , tricks up their sleeves still ! "

But didn't Corbyn start talking about another referendum just a few days ago?

Bristol East

He wants May to run out of road first.

near ipswich

-Mattwell by default we leave on the 29th and unless they change the law thats what has to happen.

But parliament has just explicitly voted for that not to happen. Which leaves the only other option to revoke A50.

Or I suppose the govt could just, y'know, go back on anything they've voted on, or said, or agreed to, or thought.... yeah... exactly.

-Matt"

They can vote for what they want but it does not take precedence over law,unless the law is changed( which i saw last night a member of the erg saying they have means of stopping that before the 29th )unless something else is in place we leave.

Cannock

-Mattwell by default we leave on the 29th and unless they change the law thats what has to happen.

-MattThey can vote for what they want but it does not take precedence over law,unless the law is changed( which i saw last night a member of the erg saying they have means of stopping that before the 29th )unless something else is in place we leave."

The votes on no deal yesterday were non binding on the government as far as I'm aware.

By *ony 2016Man  over a year ago

Huddersfield /derby cinemas

I believe the referendum was also non binding

doncaster

"I believe the referendum was also non binding "
it was advisory only so not legally binding

Its become a battle of whits

» Add a new message to this topic