FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Brexits future hangs in the balance

Brexits future hangs in the balance

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

It was after a british eu negotiator told "I can tell you that brexit is going to be far worse than anyone could have guessed".

It have already got 1480 comments since yesterday in the independent newspaper, what is your view of the future? I reckon brexit wont happen

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"It was after a british eu negotiator told "I can tell you that brexit is going to be far worse than anyone could have guessed".

It have already got 1480 comments since yesterday in the independent newspaper, what is your view of the future? I reckon brexit wont happen "

It will happen.... but it will a mitigated disaster if anything we see and here whats going on now

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

its too early to say..

maybe we will know more when the Government have a cohesive plan..

or the cabinet are actually of one mind in relation to what it all means..

or Theresa May steps down/loses vote of no confidence post the repeal bill not being passed..

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"its too early to say..

or Theresa May steps down/loses vote of no confidence post the repeal bill not being passed..

"

You also said that Remain would win the referendum.

You also said Hillary Clinton would win the Presidency.

Your record of predictions is shockingly bad so why should anyone listen?

Brexit will happen one way or the other if it's not the Conservatives delivering it then Labour will deliver it under the leadership of Corbyn. It was in both the Conservative and the Labour manifestos during the general election. Wishful thinking from remainers thinking Brexit can be stopped even the EU have said themselves that article 50 is irreversible now. The OP is in a deluded state of denial if he thinks Brexit won't happen.

I couldn't give a rat's arse either way.

Were all cunts who deserve what we get

Especially you lot

By *xplicitlyricsMan  over a year ago

south dublin

"its too early to say..

Brexit will happen one way or the other if it's not the Conservatives delivering it then Labour will deliver it under the leadership of Corbyn. It was in both the Conservative and the Labour manifestos during the general election. Wishful thinking from remainers thinking Brexit can be stopped even the EU have said themselves that article 50 is irreversible now. The OP is in a deluded state of denial if he thinks Brexit won't happen. "

My predictions have been pretty good so far. I predicted the EU would get its way on sequencing and Ireland woukd be a big winner from the banking Brexodus. Not to mention that Ive been saying the Brexit bill would be 50bn for months. This week a memo was leaked saying that 50bn is the figure the Tories expect to pay.

Better hope the rest of my predictions dont come true.

Cannock

"its too early to say..

Brexit will happen one way or the other if it's not the Conservatives delivering it then Labour will deliver it under the leadership of Corbyn. It was in both the Conservative and the Labour manifestos during the general election. Wishful thinking from remainers thinking Brexit can be stopped even the EU have said themselves that article 50 is irreversible now. The OP is in a deluded state of denial if he thinks Brexit won't happen.

My predictions have been pretty good so far. I predicted the EU would get its way on sequencing and Ireland woukd be a big winner from the banking Brexodus. Not to mention that Ive been saying the Brexit bill would be 50bn for months. This week a memo was leaked saying that 50bn is the figure the Tories expect to pay.

Better hope the rest of my predictions dont come true. "

The EU didn't get its way on sequencing it's been explained to you multiple times on here so it amazes me that you still persist with this. I'll happily continue to correct you every time you post this nonsense though. The UK tried to do a deal on citizens rights with the EU months before article 50 was triggered and the UK said citizens rights was a priority in the talks long before article 50 was triggered. It came as no surprise to anyone (but you) that citizens rights was given priority in the talks after article 50 was triggered then. A banking brexodus hasn't happened, this is pure fantasy on your part. As for a brexit bill of 50 billion we will see about that, more fool you for putting all your faith in a leaked memo, if that's the best evidence you can provide then good luck with it. As for your prediction that the ECJ would still have jurisdiction in the UK after Brexit it looks like you are wrong on that one. Brexit secretary David Davis vetoed any ECJ jurisdiction in the UK after brexit a few days ago and said this is a red line for Britain. He also said that UK courts are highly respected and trustworthy which seemed to send a few heads spinning in Brussels now they know the UK will not roll over to all of the EU's demands.

By *bandjam91Couple  over a year ago

London

"its too early to say..

The EU didn't get its way on sequencing it's been explained to you multiple times on here so it amazes me that you still persist with this. I'll happily continue to correct you every time you post this nonsense though. The UK tried to do a deal on citizens rights with the EU months before article 50 was triggered and the UK said citizens rights was a priority in the talks long before article 50 was triggered. It came as no surprise to anyone (but you) that citizens rights was given priority in the talks after article 50 was triggered then. A banking brexodus hasn't happened, this is pure fantasy on your part. As for a brexit bill of 50 billion we will see about that, more fool you for putting all your faith in a leaked memo, if that's the best evidence you can provide then good luck with it. As for your prediction that the ECJ would still have jurisdiction in the UK after Brexit it looks like you are wrong on that one. Brexit secretary David Davis vetoed any ECJ jurisdiction in the UK after brexit a few days ago and said this is a red line for Britain. He also said that UK courts are highly respected and trustworthy which seemed to send a few heads spinning in Brussels now they know the UK will not roll over to all of the EU's demands. "

You're truly special pumpkin.

south dublin

"its too early to say..

The EU didn't get its way on sequencing it's been explained to you multiple times on here so it amazes me that you still persist with this. I'll happily continue to correct you every time you post this nonsense though. The UK tried to do a deal on citizens rights with the EU months before article 50 was triggered and the UK said citizens rights was a priority in the talks long before article 50 was triggered. It came as no surprise to anyone (but you) that citizens rights was given priority in the talks after article 50 was triggered then. A banking brexodus hasn't happened, this is pure fantasy on your part. As for a brexit bill of 50 billion we will see about that, more fool you for putting all your faith in a leaked memo, if that's the best evidence you can provide then good luck with it. As for your prediction that the ECJ would still have jurisdiction in the UK after Brexit it looks like you are wrong on that one. Brexit secretary David Davis vetoed any ECJ jurisdiction in the UK after brexit a few days ago and said this is a red line for Britain. He also said that UK courts are highly respected and trustworthy which seemed to send a few heads spinning in Brussels now they know the UK will not roll over to all of the EU's demands. "

Giving citizen rights priority is completely different to sequencing. Sequencing means trade and future relationship can only be allowed once the EU lets it. Davis promised the battle of the summer to ensure sequencing didnt happen because it would weaken the UKs position and then capitulated.

Youre not fooling anyone with your misdirection to citizen rights.

You must have missed the bankong news so Ill help you catch up

Dublin:

Bank of America Merrill Lynch Barclays Credit Suisse (who have announced 5,000 job losses in London) JP Morgan Royal Bank of Scotland

Frankfurt:

Deutsche Bank Goldman Sachs Morgan Stanley Nomura Daiwa Standard Chartered UBS(1,000 - 1,500 jobs)

Berlin:

Lloyds Banking Group

Paris:

HSBC (1,000 job losses in London)

And thats not even a full list.

And actually I predicted an EU/UK court that would be above the UK courts. Forgot that I predicted that correctly as well, thanks for the reminder

London

"its too early to say..

The EU didn't get its way on sequencing it's been explained to you multiple times on here so it amazes me that you still persist with this. I'll happily continue to correct you every time you post this nonsense though. The UK tried to do a deal on citizens rights with the EU months before article 50 was triggered and the UK said citizens rights was a priority in the talks long before article 50 was triggered. It came as no surprise to anyone (but you) that citizens rights was given priority in the talks after article 50 was triggered then. A banking brexodus hasn't happened, this is pure fantasy on your part. As for a brexit bill of 50 billion we will see about that, more fool you for putting all your faith in a leaked memo, if that's the best evidence you can provide then good luck with it. As for your prediction that the ECJ would still have jurisdiction in the UK after Brexit it looks like you are wrong on that one. Brexit secretary David Davis vetoed any ECJ jurisdiction in the UK after brexit a few days ago and said this is a red line for Britain. He also said that UK courts are highly respected and trustworthy which seemed to send a few heads spinning in Brussels now they know the UK will not roll over to all of the EU's demands.

Giving citizen rights priority is completely different to sequencing. Sequencing means trade and future relationship can only be allowed once the EU lets it. Davis promised the battle of the summer to ensure sequencing didnt happen because it would weaken the UKs position and then capitulated.

Dublin:

Bank of America Merrill Lynch Barclays Credit Suisse (who have announced 5,000 job losses in London) JP Morgan Royal Bank of Scotland

Frankfurt:

Deutsche Bank Goldman Sachs Morgan Stanley Nomura Daiwa Standard Chartered UBS(1,000 - 1,500 jobs)

Berlin:

Lloyds Banking Group

Paris:

And actually I predicted an EU/UK court that would be above the UK courts. Forgot that I predicted that correctly as well, thanks for the reminder "

Don't debate him. He's immune to logic.

Cannock

"its too early to say..

Dublin:

Frankfurt:

Berlin:

Lloyds Banking Group

Paris:

And actually I predicted an EU/UK court that would be above the UK courts. Forgot that I predicted that correctly as well, thanks for the reminder "

The EU has already abandoned it's sequencing timeline then because they have already started negotiations with David Davis on import quotas and future trade. Perhaps David Davis won the battle of the summer after all then.

As for your little list of banking jobs there have been millions of new jobs created in the whole of the UK during the same period of time. You are talking about a drop in the ocean of lost jobs when compared to the millions of new jobs that are being created.

As for the ECJ you haven't actually predicted anything correctly yet because the negotiations are still ongoing, do you try to claim you've won a football match at half time? Just laughable!

London

"its too early to say..

Dublin:

Frankfurt:

Berlin:

Lloyds Banking Group

Paris:

And actually I predicted an EU/UK court that would be above the UK courts. Forgot that I predicted that correctly as well, thanks for the reminder

The EU has already abandoned it's sequencing timeline then because they have already started negotiations with David Davis on import quotas and future trade. Perhaps David Davis won the battle of the summer after all then.

As for your little list of banking jobs there have been millions of new jobs created in the whole of the UK during the same period of time. You are talking about a drop in the ocean of lost jobs when compared to the millions of new jobs that are being created.

As for the ECJ you haven't actually predicted anything correctly yet because the negotiations are still ongoing, do you try to claim you've won a football match at half time? Just laughable!

"

Won football match at half time = Your claim of definitely no recession in 2017 made just over half say through 2017? (in other thread).

Maybe try keeping track of your arguments perhaps?

Also,"millions" of jobs created? Are you sure?

south dublin

"

Don't debate him. He's immune to logic. "

Well Putin doesnt pay him to be logical, just loyal

in Lancashire

"its too early to say..

Brexit will happen one way or the other if it's not the Conservatives delivering it then Labour will deliver it under the leadership of Corbyn. It was in both the Conservative and the Labour manifestos during the general election. Wishful thinking from remainers thinking Brexit can be stopped even the EU have said themselves that article 50 is irreversible now. The OP is in a deluded state of denial if he thinks Brexit won't happen. "

WRONG...

on both of those i was of an opinion of what my preference was but i did not state what you have said..

stop lying..

its really boring and you do it so often that everyone sees only the lack of any credibility you have..

how about your own prediction on the last GE, what was it 60 to 80 seat majority? You also said you were off to the bookies but bottled that..

and again you can't read and respond to what is said..

i have not said it will not happen, i have said that it will not be in the form that some of the far right like yourself dream in your narrow xenophobia..

So once again stop lying..

By *utandbigMan  over a year ago

Bournemouth

Why keep lying you forget what you gave said in the past

Dementure springs to mind

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

Brexit will happen...

Too many rich and powerful people see it as a way to become even richer. and of course there are to footsoldiers of brexit who are so wedded to the cause they will fight tooth and nail to see the back of the EU even if it means their fellow Brits starve as a result. Because sacrifices have to be made.

Wonder if they will still feel the same when it is them and their children who are going hungry.

But then I'm one of the remoaners, fact I voted out because we need to suffer this pain before we can become a truly equal member of the EU is immaterial.

By *reacle123Woman  over a year ago

Littlehampton

Shut up for christ sake

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Brexit will happen...

Too many rich and powerful people see it as a way to become even richer. and of course there are to footsoldiers of brexit who are so wedded to the cause they will fight tooth and nail to see the back of the EU even if it means their fellow Brits starve as a result. Because sacrifices have to be made.

Wonder if they will still feel the same when it is them and their children who are going hungry.

But then I'm one of the remoaners, fact I voted out because we need to suffer this pain before we can become a truly equal member of the EU is immaterial."

Although the richer will become richer, the poor, poorer.

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

"Europe has warned that the next phase of Brexit negotiations will be delayed for two months because of the UK’s refusal to engage with Brussels on the so-called ‘Brexit divorce bill’, The Telegraph can reveal.

Michel Barnier, the EU’s chief Brexit negotiator, made the warning in a private meeting with EU ambassadors in Brussels, according to an account of the meeting obtained by The Telegraph.

The EU has said it will not talk about trade or the UK’s future relationship with the EU - tantamount to a suspension in Brexit negotiations - until “sufficient progress” has been made over the questions of protecting citizens’ rights, the Northern Ireland border and the financial settlement.” The Telegraph 27/07/17

in Lancashire

"Why keep lying you forget what you gave said in the past

Dementure springs to mind "

irony huh..

mr straight guy who isn't talking about lying..

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"It was after a british eu negotiator told "I can tell you that brexit is going to be far worse than anyone could have guessed".

It have already got 1480 comments since yesterday in the independent newspaper, what is your view of the future? I reckon brexit wont happen "

I hope your wrong but I feel the government does not know what it is doing so anything is possible and with bad government and bad opposition,Britain will do badly in or out with the two parties being so so bad

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

Well said

» Add a new message to this topic