FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Cameron resigns as MP

Cameron resigns as MP

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oyce69 OP   Man  over a year ago

Driffield

David Cameron has resigned as an MP as he doesn't want to be a distraction on the back benches.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oncupiscentTonyMan  over a year ago

Kent

I reckon an old man did a really eggy fart during his constituency surgery and he just stood up and was like 'Cameron is outta here'

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I hope History isn't too harsh on him

I think he genuinely cared and tried to do the best for the country , even if his best wasn't always good enough

By *andS66Couple  over a year ago

Derby

I wonder what job he'll be doing next...

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

"I wonder what job he'll be doing next..."

Cashing in all the favours he has done for the multinational corporate tax dodgers...

"I hope History isn't too harsh on him

I think he genuinely cared and tried to do the best for the country , even if his best wasn't always good enough "

Never has someone reigned for so long, but doing so little, whilst saying so much. Perfect politician.

Kent

He's seen Ed Balls on Strictly and thought 'I'm having some of that, is there an animal dress up round?'

" David Cameron has resigned as an MP as he doesn't want to be a distraction on the back benches. "

And the BBC interview here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37342152

...proves his point.

Instead of looking back over his 6 years as PM winning two elections and 11 years as Tory leader seeing off Blair, Brown, Miliband and the death throes of the Labour party we got the Leftie BBC trying to goad the man into talking down Theresa May's new ideas on limited Grammar Schools!

As someone else said I hope history will see a pretty brave Tory Leader bringing in Gay marriage and looking to improve social mobility and a man getting the country back on its feet and delivering the fastest growing economy in the G8.

Sadly I suspect that he will be known as the man that unintentionally took us out of the EU. Personally I think its great but he didn't intend it. God Bless the Laws of Unintended Consequences

Kent

"

Sadly I suspect that he will be known as the man that..."

...put his dick in a dead pigs gob

you would be surprised at what some blokes put their dick in

I still think he did ok !

Thier was a sort of safeness about him .

Tho I think May is the right person now !

As a side note if love Frank Field to leave Labour and become a Minister

" David Cameron has resigned as an MP as he doesn't want to be a distraction on the back benches.

...proves his point.

Instead of looking back over his 6 years as PM winning two elections and 11 years as Tory leader seeing off Blair, Brown, Miliband and the death throes of the Labour party we got the Leftie BBC trying to goad the man into talking down Theresa May's new ideas on limited Grammar Schools!

As someone else said I hope history will see a pretty brave Tory Leader bringing in Gay marriage and looking to improve social mobility and a man getting the country back on its feet and delivering the fastest growing economy in the G8.

Sadly I suspect that he will be known as the man that unintentionally took us out of the EU. Personally I think its great but he didn't intend it. God Bless the Laws of Unintended Consequences "

Gay marriage is a complete non factor since the difference between that and civil partnership are semantic. As for the economic growth, well that's laughable too. By the end of his run people were no better off than they were in 2007. Surely you have something better?

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

spokes person for Danish Bacon ?.

" David Cameron has resigned as an MP as he doesn't want to be a distraction on the back benches.

...proves his point.

Sadly I suspect that he will be known as the man that unintentionally took us out of the EU. Personally I think its great but he didn't intend it. God Bless the Laws of Unintended Consequences

Gay marriage is a complete non factor since the difference between that and civil partnership are semantic. As for the economic growth, well that's laughable too. By the end of his run people were no better off than they were in 2007. Surely you have something better? "

You cannot deny that as a country our economy overall has improved hugely. I mean the lowest unemployment rates since records began? More jobs available than unemployed people? And an increase in GDP has to be a good thing as it indicates movement of money and financial activity in and around an economy. If Recessions are bad then Growth is good. Or have I missed something?

As for 'being no better off' well according to the Guardian in February (not noted for being a Cameron supporting journal) quoting the ONS it said the top 20% richest are some 3% worse off while the poorest 20% and retired are the only group whose disposable income had not fallen. And had risen by some 6%.

It also quoted the ONS saying average wages growth had increased to 2% per annum excluding bonuses.

According to those 'experts' IHS Markit in April this year over 64% of people surveyed have had a wage rise some over 2% while 34% have stood still.

...proves his point.

Gay marriage is a complete non factor since the difference between that and civil partnership are semantic. As for the economic growth, well that's laughable too. By the end of his run people were no better off than they were in 2007. Surely you have something better?

You cannot deny that as a country our economy overall has improved hugely. I mean the lowest unemployment rates since records began? More jobs available than unemployed people? And an increase in GDP has to be a good thing as it indicates movement of money and financial activity in and around an economy. If Recessions are bad then Growth is good. Or have I missed something?

As for 'being no better off' well according to the Guardian in February (not noted for being a Cameron supporting journal) quoting the ONS it said the top 20% richest are some 3% worse off while the poorest 20% and retired are the only group whose disposable income had not fallen. And had risen by some 6%.

It also quoted the ONS saying average wages growth had increased to 2% per annum excluding bonuses.

According to those 'experts' IHS Markit in April this year over 64% of people surveyed have had a wage rise some over 2% while 34% have stood still."

Nice try. As with any measure of 'improvement' it depends where you start the baseline. 2010 was a pretty shoddy year so it's almost inconceivable that he would leave office with the economy worse than that. But in real GDP per head terms, the average UK citizen is no better off in 2016 than they were in 2007. I'm not blaming that on him, most other countries didn't do better. But if I presided over what was basically a mini depression, a bit of regression-to-the-mean growth is not something I'd be boasting about.

...proves his point.

According to those 'experts' IHS Markit in April this year over 64% of people surveyed have had a wage rise some over 2% while 34% have stood still.

Nice try. As with any measure of 'improvement' it depends where you start the baseline. 2010 was a pretty shoddy year so it's almost inconceivable that he would leave office with the economy worse than that. But in real GDP per head terms, the average UK citizen is no better off in 2016 than they were in 2007. I'm not blaming that on him, most other countries didn't do better. But if I presided over what was basically a mini depression, a bit of regression-to-the-mean growth is not something I'd be boasting about. "

the baseline was the 2007 you used. And its the ONS figures not mine.

...proves his point.

Nice try. As with any measure of 'improvement' it depends where you start the baseline. 2010 was a pretty shoddy year so it's almost inconceivable that he would leave office with the economy worse than that. But in real GDP per head terms, the average UK citizen is no better off in 2016 than they were in 2007. I'm not blaming that on him, most other countries didn't do better. But if I presided over what was basically a mini depression, a bit of regression-to-the-mean growth is not something I'd be boasting about.

the baseline was the 2007 you used. And its the ONS figures not mine."

2007 GDP per Head $40,477

2015 GDP per Head $40,933

Now adjust for inflation and 2007 would be worth $50,658, according to the bank of England calculator.

So in real terms the average person is still 19% worse off than they were in 2007. All the other measures are noise really.

By *at69driveMan  over a year ago

Wisbech and A47 corridor

...proves his point.

Now adjust for inflation and 2007 would be worth $50,658, according to the bank of England calculator.

So in real terms the average person is still 19% worse off than they were in 2007. All the other measures are noise really. "

I like to keep things simple . Just look at the number of people driving around in new cars or eating in restaurants . Look at the performance of the stock exchange and the fact that those paying mortgages are on extremely low interest rates .

His legacy is one that he can be proud of . He allowed all of us to decide whether we wished to remain in or leave the EU. He was prepared to listen to people and was also a true family man.

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"I wonder what job he'll be doing next...

He's seen Ed Balls on Strictly and thought 'I'm having some of that, is there an animal dress up round?'"

George Galloway already covered that when he pretended to be a cat on celebrity Big brother a few years ago.

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

The only thing i am greatful to David Cameron for is delivering the EU referendum.

Apart from that i think the guy is a moron. He said he would stay on as Prime Minister if he lost the EU referendum......He quit on the next morning.

He said he would trigger article 50 if he lost the referendum......He didn't trigger article 50.

He said he was going to stay on as an MP when he quit as Prime Minister.....now he has quit as an MP.

In key debates on Sky news and ITV during the EU referendum campaign he repeatedly said...."We need to stay in the EU because Brits don't quit".

Now Cameron has proved himself to be the biggest quitter of them all.

...proves his point.

So in real terms the average person is still 19% worse off than they were in 2007. All the other measures are noise really. I like to keep things simple . Just look at the number of people driving around in new cars or eating in restaurants . Look at the performance of the stock exchange and the fact that those paying mortgages are on extremely low interest rates .

His legacy is one that he can be proud of . He allowed all of us to decide whether we wished to remain in or leave the EU. He was prepared to listen to people and was also a true family man."

Lol, few things are more complicated than trying to draw meaning from anecdotal measures like new cars being driven! It doesn't really get simpler than GDP per Head in a constant currency!!

By *enard ArgenteMan  over a year ago

London and France

...proves his point.

So in real terms the average person is still 19% worse off than they were in 2007. All the other measures are noise really. I like to keep things simple . Just look at the number of people driving around in new cars or eating in restaurants . Look at the performance of the stock exchange and the fact that those paying mortgages are on extremely low interest rates .

His legacy is one that he can be proud of . He allowed all of us to decide whether we wished to remain in or leave the EU. He was prepared to listen to people and was also a true family man.

Lol, few things are more complicated than trying to draw meaning from anecdotal measures like new cars being driven! It doesn't really get simpler than GDP per Head in a constant currency!! "

He was a total waste as a PM;

Gay marriage? So what; it would have happened anyway, he just happened to be around when it did.

The economy did OK, just because it would have done anyway.

His two memorable things were being stupid enough to allow the Scottish referendum, which came bloody close to breaking up the UK ( and any half smart PM could have snuffed that idea easily )

Then promising the EU referendum in a panic, to get elected. And then failing to snuff the idea out, any half competent PM could have done that in a heartbeat.

So singlehandedly screwed the UK beyond repair .

...proves his point.

Lol, few things are more complicated than trying to draw meaning from anecdotal measures like new cars being driven! It doesn't really get simpler than GDP per Head in a constant currency!!

He was a total waste as a PM;

Gay marriage? So what; it would have happened anyway, he just happened to be around when it did.

The economy did OK, just because it would have done anyway.

His two memorable things were being stupid enough to allow the Scottish referendum, which came bloody close to breaking up the UK ( and any half smart PM could have snuffed that idea easily )

Then promising the EU referendum in a panic, to get elected. And then failing to snuff the idea out, any half competent PM could have done that in a heartbeat.

So singlehandedly screwed the UK beyond repair ."

But harsh, the benefits cap at £27,000 will always be popular.

The big society was a bit of a joke, as was the Northern Powerhouse policy.

...proves his point.

So in real terms the average person is still 19% worse off than they were in 2007. All the other measures are noise really. "

I am most disappointed you try and do a 'Project Fear' Osborne trick on us. Your initial point was about how 'better off' people are from a 2007 baseline. So I provided ONS data on incomes,which is how people judge how well off they are, which showed 2% growth.

You then switched to GDP figures which are nothing to do with incomes. Just as Osborne misled the UK saying 'We will be £4,300 worse off per family if we leave the EU' using GDP figures when we wouldn't be because GDP per Capita / family is completely different from Income per Capita / family isn't it? From memory (and I stand to be corrected) I think the GDP per family was some £66,000 while Income per family was some $44,000. A 50% difference.

And it is also disappointing you chose 2007 as Cameron wasn't PM until 2010. But by choosing 2007 you included the two catastrophic years of 2008 / 09 of the banking crash when GDP per Capita dropped from $40477.88 to $38008.82 a 6% drop in two years alone. Using the 2009 baseline it grew to $40933.46 in 2015 which is a 7.7% increase in 6 years. No mean feat however you look at it and the graphs are here:

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/united-kingdom/gdp-per-capita

I am sure you didn't mean to confuse Incomes with GDP...

...proves his point.

So in real terms the average person is still 19% worse off than they were in 2007. All the other measures are noise really.

I am most disappointed you try and do a 'Project Fear' Osborne trick on us. Your initial point was about how 'better off' people are from a 2007 baseline. So I provided ONS data on incomes,which is how people judge how well off they are, which showed 2% growth.

You then switched to GDP figures which are nothing to do with incomes. Just as Osborne misled the UK saying 'We will be £4,300 worse off per family if we leave the EU' using GDP figures when we wouldn't be because GDP per Capita / family is completely different from Income per Capita / family isn't it? From memory (and I stand to be corrected) I think the GDP per family was some £66,000 while Income per family was some $44,000. A 50% difference.

And it is also disappointing you chose 2007 as Cameron wasn't PM until 2010. But by choosing 2007 you included the two catastrophic years of 2008 / 09 of the banking crash when GDP per Capita dropped from $40477.88 to $38008.82 a 6% drop in two years alone. Using the 2009 baseline it grew to $40933.46 in 2015 which is a 7.7% increase in 6 years. No mean feat however you look at it and the graphs are here:

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/united-kingdom/gdp-per-capita

I am sure you didn't mean to confuse Incomes with GDP..."

Not confused at all. Incomes are really irrelevant if prices are going up and different incomes buy different amounts in different countries. Whilst GDP is a heavily flawed measure, it is broadly how we compare different countries for lack of a better measure.

Of course I chose 2007, it's our all time high. But it's 2016 now and we still haven't surpassed that peak. I didn't say there was no improvement at all since 2010, I'm simply saying that I wouldn't hold it up as a flagship improvement under Cameron because we're not actually better off than we were in 2007. Neither are most countries, but Thatcher he is not!

" Not confused at all. Incomes are really irrelevant if prices are going up and different incomes buy different amounts in different countries. Whilst GDP is a heavily flawed measure, it is broadly how we compare different countries for lack of a better measure.

Of course I chose 2007, it's our all time high. But it's 2016 now and we still haven't surpassed that peak. I didn't say there was no improvement at all since 2010, I'm simply saying that I wouldn't hold it up as a flagship improvement under Cameron because we're not actually better off than we were in 2007. Neither are most countries, but Thatcher he is not!"

I am loathe to argue but I cannot let that slip on by..

You now introduce inflation rates? OK:

2007 - 2.1%

2008 - 3.1%

2009 - 2.8%

2010 - 3.7%

2011 - 4.2%

2012 - 2.7%

2013 - 1.9%

2014 - 0.5%

2015 - 0.2%

Inflation is now 10% of that in 2007 and 5.5% of that in 2010.

And we are talking about the UK not comparing with other countries. Yours was an absolute statement.

Not surpassed our best?

2007 - $40477

2015 - $40933

An increase of $456

And I am still not sure why you switched from people 'feeling better off' (and therefore incomes) to GDP.

" Not confused at all. Incomes are really irrelevant if prices are going up and different incomes buy different amounts in different countries. Whilst GDP is a heavily flawed measure, it is broadly how we compare different countries for lack of a better measure.

Of course I chose 2007, it's our all time high. But it's 2016 now and we still haven't surpassed that peak. I didn't say there was no improvement at all since 2010, I'm simply saying that I wouldn't hold it up as a flagship improvement under Cameron because we're not actually better off than we were in 2007. Neither are most countries, but Thatcher he is not!

2007 - 2.1%

2008 - 3.1%

2009 - 2.8%

2010 - 3.7%

2011 - 4.2%

2012 - 2.7%

2013 - 1.9%

2014 - 0.5%

2015 - 0.2%

And we are talking about the UK not comparing with other countries. Yours was an absolute statement.

Not surpassed our best?

2007 - $40477

2015 - $40933

An increase of $456

And I am still not sure why you switched from people 'feeling better off' (and therefore incomes) to GDP."

You know those are annual figures and inflation is cumulative right? It's not a real increase because you need to inflate the 2007 figure to 2015 economic conditions which I did earlier. So multiply $40,477 by 102.1%, then multiply that figure by 103.1% and then multiply that figure and keep going until you get to 2015.

You know the bank of England is supposed to create "low and stable" inflation too? Usually considered 2%. There's nothing inherently good about 0.2% inflation.

2007 - 2.1%

2008 - 3.1%

2009 - 2.8%

2010 - 3.7%

2011 - 4.2%

2012 - 2.7%

2013 - 1.9%

2014 - 0.5%

2015 - 0.2%

Not surpassed our best?

2007 - $40477

2015 - $40933

An increase of $456

And I am still not sure why you switched from people 'feeling better off' (and therefore incomes) to GDP.

You know those are annual figures and inflation is cumulative right? It's not a real increase because you need to inflate the 2007 figure to 2015 economic conditions which I did earlier. So multiply $40,477 by 102.1%, then multiply that figure by 103.1% and then multiply that figure and keep going until you get to 2015.

You know the bank of England is supposed to create "low and stable" inflation too? Usually considered 2%. There's nothing inherently good about 0.2% inflation. "

But why GDP? The average bloke doesn't buy a round of drinks because GDP is up 3 points this year. He will if he has had a pay rise for the first time in 2 years. GDP is an external measurement used as a comparative with other countries.

And why 2007? If you are judging Cameron you must start in 2010 and when you do you see a very different story indeed. Especially as he was starting with a destroyed economy unlike Blair who inherited a growing economy and a Surplus.

As for inflation the B of E just has to report why when it goes over 2%. That isn't a target.

By *ammskiMan  over a year ago

lytham st.annes

Thank fuck for that

Technically speaking Cameron and Osborne did exactly what most other wealthy western nations did, austerity, that was not born from evidence as the best thing to do, it was born from ideology that everybody should live within their means(I won't get into that now), so they set about cutting budget after budget, what they actually did was contact the money supply in a recession which was already contracting the money supply(I'm taking about the general economy now, thats you and I buying shit and going for a meal), so you had a double whammy effect.... Meanwhile(as Jeremy would say) they spent a fucking fortune propping up failed financial institutions who were technically bankrupt and still are by giving them practically free money in the form of QE, they then spent this money wildly on stuff like share buy backs forcing up stock markets, assets of all sorts from property to antiques and eventually we saw small increases in gdp from this pigs in the trough spending spree, what we didn't see is large inflation because the money never really went that far, just to the banker into the stock market, the red wine merchant... In fact the velocity of money crashed through the floor because regular bums(the general public) couldn't even borrow because those banks didn't really want us to share in the trough feeding.... Now the BoE really really wanted some inflation, in fact there fucking desperate for some because there not getting out of this shit with budget cuts, that is like pissing into the wind quite frankly!.

What they should have done in my opinion, is forget their ideological drive for a few years, recognise the shit was hitting the fan and pumped money(QE) into the economy directly at source.... At the bottom, straight into tax payers hands with large tax refunds, they then should have let the dodgy banks go tits up, with the recompense of the 50k guarantee for savers,re nationalised a couple of the big ones the day after with its debts gone paid the minimal amount necessary for assets(you usually gets these things cheap in defaults) and then let capitalism be capitalism and get on with it!.

Now call me a cynic, but what we've done is spent a fucking fortune on wealthy people to get wealthier while not fixing the original problem of banks that are bankrupt on a mark to market basis, while at the same time pushing completely unnecessary austerity on people who didn't deserve it or cause it...... Now if that's a success story, well I'll be a monkeys uncle

If your in any doubt about what companies did with QE.... Take a gander at let's say the biggest one.

I suggest one only needs to take a gander at apples debt level over the last 5 years and then look at they're share price over the same time, now I'm no expert but their profits ain't really done much over that period but they're share price seems to have soared... Now when you buy back your own shares that means there's less shares about and the price goes up but so does your debt level....I expect our resident pat to come along any minute to say.... Camerons done great, the stock markets at record highs.... Well whooppee fucking do

[Removed by poster at 13/09/16 15:09:12]

"Technically speaking Cameron and Osborne did exactly what most other wealthy western nations did, austerity, that was not born from evidence as the best thing to do, it was born from ideology that everybody should live within their means(I won't get into that now), so they set about cutting budget after budget, what they actually did was contact the money supply in a recession which was already contracting the money supply(I'm taking about the general economy now, thats you and I buying shit and going for a meal), so you had a double whammy effect.... Meanwhile(as Jeremy would say) they spent a fucking fortune propping up failed financial institutions who were technically bankrupt and still are by giving them practically free money in the form of QE, they then spent this money wildly on stuff like share buy backs forcing up stock markets, assets of all sorts from property to antiques and eventually we saw small increases in gdp from this pigs in the trough spending spree, what we didn't see is large inflation because the money never really went that far, just to the banker into the stock market, the red wine merchant... In fact the velocity of money crashed through the floor because regular bums(the general public) couldn't even borrow because those banks didn't really want us to share in the trough feeding.... Now the BoE really really wanted some inflation, in fact there fucking desperate for some because there not getting out of this shit with budget cuts, that is like pissing into the wind quite frankly!.

What they should have done in my opinion, is forget their ideological drive for a few years, recognise the shit was hitting the fan and pumped money(QE) into the economy directly at source.... At the bottom, straight into tax payers hands with large tax refunds, they then should have let the dodgy banks go tits up, with the recompense of the 50k guarantee for savers,re nationalised a couple of the big ones the day after with its debts gone paid the minimal amount necessary for assets(you usually gets these things cheap in defaults) and then let capitalism be capitalism and get on with it!.

Now call me a cynic, but what we've done is spent a fucking fortune on wealthy people to get wealthier while not fixing the original problem of banks that are bankrupt on a mark to market basis, while at the same time pushing completely unnecessary austerity on people who didn't deserve it or cause it...... Now if that's a success story, well I'll be a monkeys uncle "

An excellent piece except for one or two small fault lines.

It was Brown and Darling that 'saved the world' including RBS which should as you say have been left to go down the shitter after moving private accounts. It was also the independent B of E under Darling that kicked of QE which is not quite as you paint it. It did actually make a profit for taxpayers. Cameron and Osborne just inherited an economy in total disarray with markets looking for some stability and proper management. This they provided and why we have enjoyed record low interest rates and pretty dramatic economic growth getting more people back to work since WWII.

They also had no choice but reduce the utterly disgraceful Deficit Brown left behind (including a £35 Bn hole in the Defence Budget) or the markets would have destroyed us. Plus we could not keep adding huge amounts every year to our already mountainous debt pile created by Brown in his 13 years.

You say the Government should have given cash to everyone? Well they did do. The raised the Tax Allowance threshold and it is now some £10,600 a year. People keep more of their earnings and it directly goes to the less wealthy. the very wealthy incidentally pay a far bigger share of the tax burden than they did under Brown. The Institute for Fiscal Studies said that the proportion of working-age adults who do not pay income tax has risen from 34.3 per cent to 43.8 per cent, equivalent to 23 million people.

Over the same period the amount of income tax paid by the richest 1 per cent has risen from 24.4 per cent to 27.5 per cent, meaning that 300,000 people pay more than a quarter of the nation's income tax.

The change has been driven by George Osborne's policies of tax cuts for low earners and hikes for those who earn the most.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/04/26/nearly-half-of-britons-pay-no-income-tax-as-burden-on-rich-incre/

People use the term 'austerity' as a weapon and criticism when in fact it was common sense economic management called 'living within our means'.

No I said they should have QE d at the bottom by issuing tax rebates for those in work!.

This means the money would still have got to the banks but more effectively as it would have passed through many hands in doing so and given us the desired higher inflation!.

I'm not getting into the Tory labour debate, it's a pointless exercise,i wasn't mentioning brown or darling in their roles only because this thread was about Cameron...

Now regardless of what he and Osborne inherited he could have done a better job than what he did, sure there were good points but he left with a fundamental flaw in which the top 0.01% were in hog heaven, while the bottom 20% faced proper shit.... That's not a government of the people by the people for the people, it's cronyism of the worst kind which.... We still haven't solved the fucking problem of the banks!.

It wasn't public debt which ruined the economy it was private debt levels far exceeding gdp..... As for markets tearing the UK apart, well I'm afraid to say you only need to look at Italian bonds!

2007 - 2.1%

2008 - 3.1%

2009 - 2.8%

2010 - 3.7%

2011 - 4.2%

2012 - 2.7%

2013 - 1.9%

2014 - 0.5%

2015 - 0.2%

Not surpassed our best?

2007 - $40477

2015 - $40933

An increase of $456

You know the bank of England is supposed to create "low and stable" inflation too? Usually considered 2%. There's nothing inherently good about 0.2% inflation.

But why GDP? The average bloke doesn't buy a round of drinks because GDP is up 3 points this year. He will if he has had a pay rise for the first time in 2 years. GDP is an external measurement used as a comparative with other countries.

And why 2007? If you are judging Cameron you must start in 2010 and when you do you see a very different story indeed. Especially as he was starting with a destroyed economy unlike Blair who inherited a growing economy and a Surplus.

As for inflation the B of E just has to report why when it goes over 2%. That isn't a target. "

3 point rise in GDP means that the average guy already bought an extra round of drinks!

Again, GDP is best for international comparisons, not wages, and 2007 is a better measure than 2010 which is more regression to the mean

What will Cameron do next? Pig farming?

"What will Cameron do next? Pig farming?"

To be fair, at least he won't be getting booed at conservative conferences in future the way labour boo good old Tony

"What will Cameron do next? Pig farming?

To be fair, at least he won't be getting booed at conservative conferences in future the way labour boo good old Tony "

Very true. It was a bad joke. I'm innocent

But add it to my brier score. 60%

"No I said they should have QE d at the bottom by issuing tax rebates for those in work!.

This means the money would still have got to the banks but more effectively as it would have passed through many hands in doing so and given us the desired higher inflation!.

I'm not getting into the Tory labour debate, it's a pointless exercise,i wasn't mentioning brown or darling in their roles only because this thread was about Cameron...

Now regardless of what he and Osborne inherited he could have done a better job than what he did, sure there were good points but he left with a fundamental flaw in which the top 0.01% were in hog heaven, while the bottom 20% faced proper shit.... That's not a government of the people by the people for the people, it's cronyism of the worst kind which.... We still haven't solved the fucking problem of the banks!.

It wasn't public debt which ruined the economy it was private debt levels far exceeding gdp..... As for markets tearing the UK apart, well I'm afraid to say you only need to look at Italian bonds!"

I wasn't getting into a Tory / Labour debate I was correcting your idea that it was Cameron and Osborne who saved the banks and kicked off QE. they didn't. So if you want to gripe about saving the wealthy bankers it wasn't Cameron.

And then you still say 'the top 0.01% were in hog heaven, while the bottom 20% faced proper shit....' when I just showed you the IFS say quite the opposite. And if you want to get into higher tax rates we had 13 years of 40% top rate, then 2 months of 50% before Cameron came into power and fixed it at 45%. Since when we have taken in more tax from the rich than ever before.

"No I said they should have QE d at the bottom by issuing tax rebates for those in work!.

It wasn't public debt which ruined the economy it was private debt levels far exceeding gdp..... As for markets tearing the UK apart, well I'm afraid to say you only need to look at Italian bonds!

I wasn't getting into a Tory / Labour debate I was correcting your idea that it was Cameron and Osborne who saved the banks and kicked off QE. they didn't. So if you want to gripe about saving the wealthy bankers it wasn't Cameron.

And then you still say 'the top 0.01% were in hog heaven, while the bottom 20% faced proper shit....' when I just showed you the IFS say quite the opposite. And if you want to get into higher tax rates we had 13 years of 40% top rate, then 2 months of 50% before Cameron came into power and fixed it at 45%. Since when we have taken in more tax from the rich than ever before."

And of course the bands where the higher tax rates apply never got increased with inflation so he was actually a stealthy socialist at heart.

By *erbyDalesCplCouple  over a year ago

Derbyshire

So who predicted "because he was about to get savaged over his Libya* intervention" as their Briar Score Predictor thingy?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/sep/14/mps-deliver-damning-verdict-on-camerons-libya-intervention

Mr ddc

(* a half-decent spellcheck would have offered 'labia' for that )

"So who predicted "because he was about to get savaged over his Libya* intervention" as their Briar Score Predictor thingy?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/sep/14/mps-deliver-damning-verdict-on-camerons-libya-intervention

Mr ddc

(* a half-decent spellcheck would have offered 'labia' for that )"

There's another thread on this where alwaysupforit says "With the sudden way he has quit, I can't help but wonder, is there some shit about him about to hit the fan. Shock horror could we have a corrupt politician here lol"

By *erbyDalesCplCouple  over a year ago

Derbyshire

"

Mr ddc

There's another thread on this where alwaysupforit says "With the sudden way he has quit, I can't help but wonder, is there some shit about him about to hit the fan. Shock horror could we have a corrupt politician here lol"

"

Oops, that was the thread I was aiming for

And then you still say 'the top 0.01% were in hog heaven, while the bottom 20% faced proper shit....' when I just showed you the IFS say quite the opposite. And if you want to get into higher tax rates we had 13 years of 40% top rate, then 2 months of 50% before Cameron came into power and fixed it at 45%. Since when we have taken in more tax from the rich than ever before."

Now your doing what you excuse others of doing, making stuff up.

Now if you can find me where I said Cameron and Osborne saved the banks!! Or where i said they kicked off QE.... What I actually said was they did what most of the other wealthy western nations did and brought in austerity...

Right now getting back to QE which was my original point about how it was pursued Cameron and Osborne oversaw as much QE as brown and darling, the thread is about Cameron, not brown or darling.

So yes the 0.01% benefited more from QE in fact the BoE did a very good bit of research on QE and found that the more assets you held the more it benefited you... So those 20% at the bottom that had practically no assets were vastly worse off from the programme than those 0.01% at the top which saw huge increases from it.....i Never mentioned tax policy or fiscal policy, it was a remark about monetary policy...

The reason I don't get into Tory/labour debates is because it's pointless, both sides are entrenched in their beliefs!...I see yours in every post back to me

" Right now getting back to QE which was my original point about how it was pursued Cameron and Osborne oversaw as much QE as brown and darling, the thread is about Cameron, not brown or darling.

So yes the 0.01% benefited more from QE in fact the BoE did a very good bit of research on QE and found that the more assets you held the more it benefited you... So those 20% at the bottom that had practically no assets were vastly worse off from the programme than those 0.01% at the top which saw huge increases from it.....i Never mentioned tax policy or fiscal policy, it was a remark about monetary policy...

The reason I don't get into Tory/labour debates is because it's pointless, both sides are entrenched in their beliefs!...I see yours in every post back to me"

I have been trying to respond to whatever you have written. We started off as whether people 'felt better off' and I assumed you meant wages. You mentioned GDP and backdated the indicator to 2007. Which was when Brown was PM. I suggested the indicator should be 2010 as that was when Cameron took over. You insist it is 2007. So it becomes a Brown / Cameron debate surely? Yes QE was in action and halted while Cameron was PM but it was started under Brown as a result of what some think was a crisis he caused / made worse / should have avoided depending on their politics. Discussing a particular PM is not a Tory / Labour pissing contest.

Yes I am a true blue Tory and make no apologies but this has been about the numbers.

By *0tt0nSu3Woman  over a year ago

London

I think he genuinely cared and tried to do the best for the country , even if his best wasn't always good enough "

History will be very harsh on him, I'm afraid.

He will always be tainted by Brexit,and the fact that he resigned so soon after the result.

By *tillup4funMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

I think he genuinely cared and tried to do the best for the country , even if his best wasn't always good enough

He will always be tainted by Brexit,and the fact that he resigned so soon after the result. "

He knew the shit was going to hit the fan and got out while he could.

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

He has still resigned, yes

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

A bum-faced disaster

He will always be tainted by Brexit,and the fact that he resigned so soon after the result.

He knew the shit was going to hit the fan and got out while he could."

Maybe in years to come Syria is to Cameron like Tony is to Iraq. Just ssaying, history could repeat itself.

For my brier score put 50.01% sure. Of course it depends if it's true and he gets caught.

Conspiracy hat off.

» Add a new message to this topic