FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Will labour support COVID measures then criticise them?

Will labour support COVID measures then criticise them?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *mateur100 OP   Man  over a year ago

nr faversham

No bias either way from me, just a question from an observer

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

"No bias either way from me, just a question from an observer"

It's easy when you're not in power to make all the right noises. But Labour have famed themselves upon occasion for making the wrong noises while in opposition.

Who knows really. But Labour has no moral high-ground in nearly 2 years of this - I find that absolutely extraordinary.

By *or Fox SakeCouple  over a year ago

Thornaby

"No bias either way from me, just a question from an observer

It's easy when you're not in power to make all the right noises. But Labour have famed themselves upon occasion for making the wrong noises while in opposition.

Who knows really. But Labour has no moral high-ground in nearly 2 years of this - I find that absolutely extraordinary.

"

Morally they are head and shoulders above the conservative party. Which to be fair isn't very hard.

And yet we have no demonstrative proof of that. The usual virtue signals that they often run through with an express train I suppose . . . but . . .

Just two grudges working against each other in the same sphere. One with power and one without.

nr faversham

Morally they are head and shoulders above the conservative party. Which to be fair isn't very hard."

Really? Or just a few high profile Tory MPs?

nr faversham

Morally they are head and shoulders above the conservative party. Which to be fair isn't very hard.

Really? Or just a few high profile Tory MPs?"

However, that isn't the question. The motion appears to have passed with the support of the opposition...

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan  over a year ago

golden fields

"And yet we have no demonstrative proof of that. The usual virtue signals that they often run through with an express train I suppose . . . but . . .

Just two grudges working against each other in the same sphere. One with power and one without.

"

Do people genuinely think that Labour would be as self servicing and corrupt as the current government?

I'm not saying they wouldn't be for sure. But it's hard to imagine they would be.

"And yet we have no demonstrative proof of that. The usual virtue signals that they often run through with an express train I suppose . . . but . . .

Do people genuinely think that Labour would be as self servicing and corrupt as the current government?

I'm not saying they wouldn't be for sure. But it's hard to imagine they would be."

Could you imagine a World where the 5 bar KitKat became the 4 bar KitKat. 'Take a break. Just get back to work quicker'. A Tory plan to feather the nests of the business owning party faithful, or just another conspiracy theory spread by forked tongued lizard people?

nr faversham

The motions have passed, and SKS is critical of the government, saying that it's only due to his party that the restrictions have passed. Would he prefer they hadn't passed?

By *ired_upMan  over a year ago

ashton

"The motions have passed, and SKS is critical of the government, saying that it's only due to his party that the restrictions have passed. Would he prefer they hadn't passed? "

What he is saying is that these measures needed to be brought in.

It is the job of the conservative party to govern as they are the largest party.

They are not doing that by voting against their own government.

So he has had to bail out the people who are meant to be in charge.

This is a problem as without opposition votes the government cannot pass votes. This means it cannot govern. It cannot do its job of passing legislation. It's effectively not a government and Johnson has lost his authority.

nr faversham

[Removed by poster at 14/12/21 22:47:33]

nr faversham

"The motions have passed, and SKS is critical of the government, saying that it's only due to his party that the restrictions have passed. Would he prefer they hadn't passed?

It is the job of the conservative party to govern as they are the largest party.

This is a problem as without opposition votes the government cannot pass votes. This means it cannot govern. It cannot do its job of passing legislation. It's effectively not a government and Johnson has lost his authority. "

Heading towards speechless but I'll ask the original question again...it's at the top if the page

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes and no

Suport them as it's in the public interest, I don't think labour would criticise what they suported

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

meanwhile the torys are quaffing expensive drinks and gorging on luxury foods en masse while the plebs die in hospital corridors and parked ambulances.

Thornaby

Really? Or just a few high profile Tory MPs?"

Voted to take £20 a week/month off the poorest

Voted to dump shit in rivers

In favour of stripping the right to protest

So pretty much all of the current bunch

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Is Boris now a Minister without portfolio?

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

"

didnt take 20 quid a week off people that was a bonus why everyone was furloughed,furlough ended so did the bonus 20 quid,was never permanent and was never said it was permenant

Actually Boris said 7 days ago . . .

'The prime minister said people had the right to protest peacefully but those who clashed with police were "a betrayal of the cause they attempt to support . . .'

So clearly a supporter of the right to protest.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan  over a year ago

golden fields

"Actually Boris said 7 days ago . . .

'The prime minister said people had the right to protest peacefully but those who clashed with police were "a betrayal of the cause they attempt to support . . .'

So clearly a supporter of the right to protest."

The words he says aren't reflected in the policies he promotes.

Shocking to think that Boris Johnson would lie. But there you go.

Also, these words largely depend on how you define "clash with police". Some protestors cause violence, some otherwise peaceful protesters use their faces repeatedly against police batons, shields and boots. All to be considered clashing with police, and illegal.

Although, we're currently protected under the European Convention of Human Rights. The government is planning on binning it, so we will see.

By *isandhers691127Couple  over a year ago

Bournemouth

didnt take 20 quid a week off people that was a bonus why everyone was furloughed,furlough ended so did the bonus 20 quid,was never permanent and was never said it was permenant"

Good! can't be giving 20 quid to poor people. We have tory donors with offshore accounts that need filling.

By *ired_upMan  over a year ago

ashton

"The motions have passed, and SKS is critical of the government, saying that it's only due to his party that the restrictions have passed. Would he prefer they hadn't passed?

This is a problem as without opposition votes the government cannot pass votes. This means it cannot govern. It cannot do its job of passing legislation. It's effectively not a government and Johnson has lost his authority.

Heading towards speechless but I'll ask the original question again...it's at the top if the page"

Of course they can.

We support these measures but think they should have been brought in weeks ago as per my statement to the house on the xth of whatever.

"Is Boris now a Minister without portfolio?"

Minister without a brain

"meanwhile the torys are quaffing expensive drinks and gorging on luxury foods en masse while the plebs die in hospital corridors and parked ambulances."
evidence please website add

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

didnt take 20 quid a week off people that was a bonus why everyone was furloughed,furlough ended so did the bonus 20 quid,was never permanent and was never said it was permenant"

exactly that and it should never of been given in tne first place should of gone to the people who worked through the worst of the pandemic the essential workers ffs

"

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Is Boris now a Minister without portfolio?

Minister without a brain "

Knows how to throw a party though..

Thornaby

"Is Boris now a Minister without portfolio?

Minister without a brain

Knows how to throw a party though.. "

Given his inability to keep it in his pants he posts his parties on here as "socials"

» Add a new message to this topic