FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Another Brexit bonus 2 response

Another Brexit bonus 2 response

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ackal1 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

Not letting you make that statement below without answering.

Posted by Birmingham weekender

“Shoehorn the analogy to fit the story you want to project, if you must.

Point is, other third countries already export to the EU. There has always been very clearly defined rules and regulations laid out for these countries to be able to do so - which they have being doing successfully for many years.

Some business in the UK chose not to look at those requirements. Huge oversight on their part”

To answer

The point of the problems are nothing to do with the EU and their regulations or existing U.K. export regulations we handle those daily and very successfully for years.

All our problems are created in the U.K. solely by the U.K. government as a result of their lack of planning to put in regulations and processes for trade with the EU and so therefore are nothing to do with EU systems or any other Third country. So your point is irrelevant dross.

So please don’t insinuate we weren’t ready . We are experienced exporters to destinations outside of the EU and indeed export from the EU to Africa.

Some business weren’t ready but not for lack of trying. Purely lack of information and so had no ability to be ready.

I’ll give you another analogy as you seem to hate them so much.

I tell you I’m buying a vehicle for you for next year and you say great I need to drive to work.

I turn up between Christmas and new year ready for your new job starting January 1st .

Only issue is I’ve brought you a class 1 HGV.. But, but, you haven’t got a licence for a truck you say. How do I drive it and get to work you cry?

Not my problem you have a five days to prepare and I told you I was bringing you a vehicle .

Enjoy that one?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *andm288Couple  over a year ago

oxford

Well put

My personal opinion things will improve in the coming months

I for one am glad we have left and look forward towards the future granted a few bumps along the way

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"Well put

I for one am glad we have left and look forward towards the future granted a few bumps along the way "

Yep with boris at the helm what could possibly go wrong?

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"Well put

I for one am glad we have left and look forward towards the future granted a few bumps along the way "

second that.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Well put

Why weren't you looking forward to the future without the job losses, businesses closing and hit to the economy?

liverpool

[Removed by poster at 10/02/21 15:17:21]

"Well put

Can I be honest? I don’t rate your ‘personal opinion’ when experts are saying the opposite

oxford

"Well put

I for one am glad we have left and look forward towards the future granted a few bumps along the way

Can I be honest? I don’t rate your ‘personal opinion’ when experts are saying the opposite

"

Of course you may you have your opinion and our entitled to it

These experts are they the same ones that said that their would be huge job losses straight after the referendum?

By *or Fox SakeCouple  over a year ago

Thornaby

"Well put

in the coming months further regulations are being introduced and enforcement tightened

July if memory serves

"Well put

These experts are they the same ones that said that their would be huge job losses straight after the referendum?"

No, these are the Bank of England, why are these experts wrong and you are right ?

liverpool

"Well put

These experts are they the same ones that said that their would be huge job losses straight after the referendum?"

Good point

I prefer to go with proper experts like nigel Farage, paul nuttal and boris Johnson.

This has turned into the same old as usual.

Remainers ask question after question, turn to sarcasm blah blah blah.

By the way, I'm pretty sure he didn't say he was right. He asked if it was the same experts that actually get it wrong as much as they get it right.

You see, it was a question

"This has turned into the same old as usual.

By the way, I'm pretty sure he didn't say he was right. He asked if it was the same experts that actually get it wrong as much as they get it right.

You see, it was a question "

Have a look at my reply? Might help

"

You said no, this is the BOE.

The same people who predicted a recession on a leave vote. So the answer is. Actually yes, it is.

Remainers are asking questions. Because wave after wave of (predicted) bad news arrives. And we're waiting for the positive side of brexit.

The same people who predicted a recession on a leave vote. So the answer is. Actually yes, it is."

Incorrect, read what they actually said .

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/business/2016/may/12/bank-of-england-keeps-interest-rates-on-hold-as-brexit-fears-bite

Remainers are asking questions. Because wave after wave of (predicted) bad news arrives. And we're waiting for the positive side of brexit. "

But when asked questions themselves they don't answer or go off on another 'misery tangent'.

We all know there is short term issues, whether they materialize into long term or not, no one knows.

You want answers, but there aren't any right now.

Remainers are asking questions. Because wave after wave of (predicted) bad news arrives. And we're waiting for the positive side of brexit.

But when asked questions themselves they don't answer or go off on another 'misery tangent'.

We all know there is short term issues, whether they materialize into long term or not, no one knows.

You want answers, but there aren't any right now."

No one knows? So you don’t know what you voted for ?

The same people who predicted a recession on a leave vote. So the answer is. Actually yes, it is.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/business/2016/may/12/bank-of-england-keeps-interest-rates-on-hold-as-brexit-fears-bite"

First 2 paragraphs:

The Bank of England has warned for the first time that Britain could slide into recession in the aftermath of a vote to leave the EU in next month’s referendum.

Governor Mark Carney also warned Brexit could knock the pound sharply lower, stoke inflation and raise unemployment. That would leave the Bank with a difficult balancing act as it decides whether to cut, hold or raise interest rates to counter opposing forces, Carney added.

I guess if you cast your net far enough you're more likely to catch a fish. It was only a little one though, not the whole net that he was hoping for

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

"Not letting you make that statement below without answering.

Point is, other third countries already export to the EU. There has always been very clearly defined rules and regulations laid out for these countries to be able to do so - which they have being doing successfully for many years.

Some business in the UK chose not to look at those requirements. Huge oversight on their part”

To answer

The point of the problems are nothing to do with the EU and their regulations or existing U.K. export regulations we handle those daily and very successfully for years.

All our problems are created in the U.K. solely by the U.K. government as a result of their lack of planning to put in regulations and processes for trade with the EU and so therefore are nothing to do with EU systems or any other Third country. So your point is irrelevant dross.

So please don’t insinuate we weren’t ready . We are experienced exporters to destinations outside of the EU and indeed export from the EU to Africa.

Some business weren’t ready but not for lack of trying. Purely lack of information and so had no ability to be ready.

I tell you I’m buying a vehicle for you for next year and you say great I need to drive to work.

I turn up between Christmas and new year ready for your new job starting January 1st .

Only issue is I’ve brought you a class 1 HGV.. But, but, you haven’t got a licence for a truck you say. How do I drive it and get to work you cry?

Not my problem you have a five days to prepare and I told you I was bringing you a vehicle .

Enjoy that one?

"

First off, I haven't insinuated directly or otherwise that your business has not prepared

I'm not buying this lack of information fallback, from business who claim they received the specifics of the UK/Eu deal too late in the day.

Do the EU provide the specifications and requirements for a Third country to export to the EU? Yes.

It has therefore been possible for any business, worldwide, to view what the requirements are for any industry to be able to sell to the EU.

It really is that simple.

If I'm a furniture maker pre Brexit - no forms needed. However one way another come the 1st Jan 2021 I do know that there will be changes - which will either be the hardest worst case scenario or possibly no change, or something inbetween. So its really not that difficult to think - I will prepare for the worst (what every other third country on WTO have to do).

I go to the EU import requirements for wood furniture. I can see from that information and l have a very good idea of what a non EU country on the other side of the world has to do if they want their product to go to the Eu. From that knowledge it is very easy to formulate a plan to make sure the product make, is compliant, or you can develop/prepare to be able to provide documentation.

Its simply not true to say that any UK business who is selling to the EU have not had the opportunity to arm themselves with knowledge to be better prepared.

You want answers, but there aren't any right now."

Fine. But there is also no inkling of if there will ever be any positives. You can see why people are angry.

And if you call reality 'misery tangent' thats fine too. I prefer not to live with my head buried in the sand, but respect that people have the right to ignore what's going on too. Whatever way they voted.

You want answers, but there aren't any right now.

No one knows? So you don’t know what you voted for ? "

No one knows if it will materialize into long term issues. No one could've known that

oxford

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/business/2016/may/12/bank-of-england-keeps-interest-rates-on-hold-as-brexit-fears-bite"

Your entitled to your opinion like us all

You don’t agree with my view point

I don’t agree with yours

It’s not the end of the world

So put the kettle on out your feet up and relax and breathe in them hold for 5 seconds then breathe out

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/business/2016/may/12/bank-of-england-keeps-interest-rates-on-hold-as-brexit-fears-bite

First 2 paragraphs:

The Bank of England has warned for the first time that Britain could slide into recession in the aftermath of a vote to leave the EU in next month’s referendum.

Governor Mark Carney also warned Brexit could knock the pound sharply lower, stoke inflation and raise unemployment. That would leave the Bank with a difficult balancing act as it decides whether to cut, hold or raise interest rates to counter opposing forces, Carney added.

I guess if you cast your net far enough you're more likely to catch a fish. It was only a little one though, not the whole net that he was hoping for

"

‘May’ go into recession, ‘could technically go into

a recession’ How about their prediction that the pound would weaken ? Btw, are we going into a recession?

liverpool

He actually said he was glad we have left without provided any reasoning.

oxford

First 2 paragraphs:

"

I don’t agree with yours

So put the kettle on out your feet up and relax and breathe in them hold for 5 seconds then breathe out "

I agree, your opinion is as valid to you as mine is to me, it’s no big deal, I hope the experts are proved incorrect and your are correct

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

I don’t agree with yours

So put the kettle on out your feet up and relax and breathe in them hold for 5 seconds then breathe out

I agree, your opinion is as valid to you as mine is to me, it’s no big deal, I hope the experts are proved incorrect and your are correct "

we are all experts in our own heads on here mate we all armchair prime minister on fab plenty people on here predicted food shortages medicine shortages plains grounded troops on the streets rioting but not one person predicted the worst pandemic for centuries

I don’t agree with yours

I agree, your opinion is as valid to you as mine is to me, it’s no big deal, I hope the experts are proved incorrect and your are correct we are all experts in our own heads on here mate we all armchair prime minister on fab plenty people on here predicted food shortages medicine shortages plains grounded troops on the streets rioting but not one person predicted the worst pandemic for centuries "

People also predicted an easy and quick deal, frictionless trade, sunlit uplands etc etc

liverpool

I don’t agree with yours

I agree, your opinion is as valid to you as mine is to me, it’s no big deal, I hope the experts are proved incorrect and your are correct we are all experts in our own heads on here mate we all armchair prime minister on fab plenty people on here predicted food shortages medicine shortages plains grounded troops on the streets rioting but not one person predicted the worst pandemic for centuries "

Yeah those food shortages were way off

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ft.com/content/c1215859-db02-42f3-a12e-3039137377cb

There was also a story a while ago about a kid who cant get their medication anymore

Project fear etc.

thornaby

I don’t agree with yours

I agree, your opinion is as valid to you as mine is to me, it’s no big deal, I hope the experts are proved incorrect and your are correct we are all experts in our own heads on here mate we all armchair prime minister on fab plenty people on here predicted food shortages medicine shortages plains grounded troops on the streets rioting but not one person predicted the worst pandemic for centuries

People also predicted an easy and quick deal, frictionless trade, sunlit uplands etc etc "

there ya go then like I said all experts in our own heads in here

I don’t agree with yours

There were predictions of job losses, businesses closing, businesses losing money, more red tape, crashing the value of the pound. All happened.

The leave campaign predicted the easiest deal ever, and unspecified vague benefits. None of which have or look likely to happen.

liverpool

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-british-supermarket-brussels-eu-b1799676.html?utm_content=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1612947185

No more custard creams?

Fuming

I don’t agree with yours

I agree, your opinion is as valid to you as mine is to me, it’s no big deal, I hope the experts are proved incorrect and your are correct we are all experts in our own heads on here mate we all armchair prime minister on fab plenty people on here predicted food shortages medicine shortages plains grounded troops on the streets rioting but not one person predicted the worst pandemic for centuries

People also predicted an easy and quick deal, frictionless trade, sunlit uplands etc etc there ya go then like I said all experts in our own heads in here "

That is true, but I will always follow an experts advice over someone on here

thornaby

I don’t agree with yours

People also predicted an easy and quick deal, frictionless trade, sunlit uplands etc etc there ya go then like I said all experts in our own heads in here

That is true, but I will always follow an experts advice over someone on here "

don’t think iv ever offered advice on here only opinions

I don’t agree with yours

People also predicted an easy and quick deal, frictionless trade, sunlit uplands etc etc there ya go then like I said all experts in our own heads in here

That is true, but I will always follow an experts advice over someone on here don’t think iv ever offered advice on here only opinions "

That’s true, I will always follow an experts opinion over someone on here

thornaby

I don’t agree with yours

That is true, but I will always follow an experts advice over someone on here don’t think iv ever offered advice on here only opinions

That’s true, I will always follow an experts opinion over someone on here "

good for you mate follow away I hope they give you good advice

I don’t agree with yours

That is true, but I will always follow an experts advice over someone on here don’t think iv ever offered advice on here only opinions

That’s true, I will always follow an experts opinion over someone on here good for you mate follow away I hope they give you good advice "

No always but they are more reliable than people on here

By *uliaChrisCouple  over a year ago

westerham

If remainers hadn't been so obstructive to fulfilling the will of the people in the first place, the deal and the terms would have been sorted years ago with oodles of notice for everyone.

It's your own fault for making things more difficult than they ever needed to be and remainers owe us all an apology.

"If remainers hadn't been so obstructive to fulfilling the will of the people in the first place, the deal and the terms would have been sorted years ago with oodles of notice for everyone.

It's your own fault for making things more difficult than they ever needed to be and remainers owe us all an apology. "

Hilarious, you have just dropped another 5 %.

liverpool

"If remainers hadn't been so obstructive to fulfilling the will of the people in the first place, the deal and the terms would have been sorted years ago with oodles of notice for everyone.

It's your own fault for making things more difficult than they ever needed to be and remainers owe us all an apology. "

Remainers like Boris who voted down the deal which he then used?

It's your own fault for making things more difficult than they ever needed to be and remainers owe us all an apology.

Hilarious, you have just dropped another 5 %. "

Meanwhile up 1.4% with me.

First 2 paragraphs:

‘May’ go into recession, ‘could technically go into

a recession’ How about their prediction that the pound would weaken ? Btw, are we going into a recession? "

That sounds like the very argument you hate, 'may' 'could'. As I said, cast your net wide enough and you'll catch something.

Manchester

To answer

Enjoy that one?

First off, I haven't insinuated directly or otherwise that your business has not prepared

I'm not buying this lack of information fallback, from business who claim they received the specifics of the UK/Eu deal too late in the day.

Do the EU provide the specifications and requirements for a Third country to export to the EU? Yes.

It has therefore been possible for any business, worldwide, to view what the requirements are for any industry to be able to sell to the EU.

If I'm a furniture maker pre Brexit - no forms needed. However one way another come the 1st Jan 2021 I do know that there will be changes - which will either be the hardest worst case scenario or possibly no change, or something inbetween. So its really not that difficult to think - I will prepare for the worst (what every other third country on WTO have to do).

I go to the EU import requirements for wood furniture. I can see from that information and l have a very good idea of what a non EU country on the other side of the world has to do if they want their product to go to the Eu. From that knowledge it is very easy to formulate a plan to make sure the product make, is compliant, or you can develop/prepare to be able to provide documentation.

Its simply not true to say that any UK business who is selling to the EU have not had the opportunity to arm themselves with knowledge to be better prepared.

"

Again you completely miss my point.

What has any EU rule got to do with the rules and procedures in the U.K. .

We’re not idiots we knew there were changes in the U.K. but HMRC and our own lovely Gove didn’t tell us the procedure until December. In his defence he didn’t know it either.

What are you missing about this. I know all the rules about sending stuff into the EU as we’ve done it from a third country before, Kuwait to being one example .

There were no U.K. rules or procedures in place in the U.K. operating in the U.K. processed in the U.K. the U.K. was devoid of a plan.

The problems were Nothing to do with what the EU wanted. We all knew that bit! It’s the same world over to import with a few local tweaks..

Business had no visibility of the U.K. procedures. That’s why no one was ready.

liverpool

Jackal clearly knows his shit.

Whilst its obviously a forum for opinions it's quite amusing seeing people trying to argue the toss with him.

here

To answer

Enjoy that one?

We’re not idiots we knew there were changes in the U.K. but HMRC and our own lovely Gove didn’t tell us the procedure until December. In his defence he didn’t know it either.

What are you missing about this. I know all the rules about sending stuff into the EU as we’ve done it from a third country before, Kuwait to being one example .

There were no U.K. rules or procedures in place in the U.K. operating in the U.K. processed in the U.K. the U.K. was devoid of a plan.

The problems were Nothing to do with what the EU wanted. We all knew that bit! It’s the same world over to import with a few local tweaks..

Business had no visibility of the U.K. procedures. That’s why no one was ready. "

... we already know the uk procedures for exporting to third countries... again, they are readily available to look at and if necessary prepare for in the worst case scenario of exporting to a country where the trading arrangement is based on WTO.

"Jackal clearly knows his shit.

Whilst its obviously a forum for opinions it's quite amusing seeing people trying to argue the toss with him."

Exactly, he destroys the brexaholics with facts, experience and logic

By *ande11Man  over a year ago

minehead

Very true

Whilst its obviously a forum for opinions it's quite amusing seeing people trying to argue the toss with him.

Exactly, he destroys the brexaholics with facts, experience and logic "

I don't think anyone is being 'destroyed'

There's 2 ways of looking at it.

Sit and wait for the regs, or, prepare for worst case. Businesses prepare for worst case very very often.

Now, whether this was possible or not for Jackal I don't know but it doesnt destroy BW opinion.

Sit and wait for the regs, or, prepare for worst case. Businesses prepare for worst case very very often.

Now, whether this was possible or not for Jackal I don't know but it doesnt destroy BW opinion."

So the pro brexit argument is that were in the "worst case"?

Doesn't sound great to me.

Now, whether this was possible or not for Jackal I don't know but it doesnt destroy BW opinion.

Doesn't sound great to me."

Who said it was a pro-Brexit argument. I was just explaining that there's 2 options.

And as I said, I don't even know it what I said was an option.

Manchester

To answer

Enjoy that one?

... we already know the uk procedures for exporting to third countries... again, they are readily available to look at and if necessary prepare for in the worst case scenario of exporting to a country where the trading arrangement is based on WTO."

Again where are you responding to U.K. procedures being in place? It’s very simple

I’ve always known how to export to other third countries for example USA, Malaysia, Angola, Namibia even Norway nearby. ( although vat was an issue) The procedures are in place and have been for years.

So you would think that’s what to be ready for. We did plan for that as much as possible and we checked the HMRC websites to confirm regularly. It just said get ready updates which will follow. The same message throughout 2020. They finally did tell us the procedure in December 2020.

Sadly the planning was wasted as the procedures for the EU are not the same! One size doesn’t fit all.

You see because Boris’ oven ready deal wasn’t agreed until December 2020 the U.K. had no procedures to follow as the deal wasn’t done. FFS Boris didn’t have a clue how it was going to work!

He said he’s going to eat any excess paperwork . He’s gonna weight a few thousand ton!

The lorry parks around the country were very quickly rushed through and are being well used. Boris and Gove knew for definite neither HMRC , exporters, ferry companies and hauliers would be ready. Why build lorry parks if it’s less red tape paperwork and smooth frictionless trade?

Doesn't sound great to me.

Who said it was a pro-Brexit argument. I was just explaining that there's 2 options.

And as I said, I don't even know it what I said was an option."

Fair point.

here

To answer

Enjoy that one?

... we already know the uk procedures for exporting to third countries... again, they are readily available to look at and if necessary prepare for in the worst case scenario of exporting to a country where the trading arrangement is based on WTO.

Again where are you responding to U.K. procedures being in place? It’s very simple

I’ve always known how to export to other third countries for example USA, Malaysia, Angola, Namibia even Norway nearby. ( although vat was an issue) The procedures are in place and have been for years.

So you would think that’s what to be ready for. We did plan for that as much as possible and we checked the HMRC websites to confirm regularly. It just said get ready updates which will follow. The same message throughout 2020. They finally did tell us the procedure in December 2020.

Sadly the planning was wasted as the procedures for the EU are not the same! One size doesn’t fit all.

You see because Boris’ oven ready deal wasn’t agreed until December 2020 the U.K. had no procedures to follow as the deal wasn’t done. FFS Boris didn’t have a clue how it was going to work!

He said he’s going to eat any excess paperwork . He’s gonna weight a few thousand ton!

The lorry parks around the country were very quickly rushed through and are being well used. Boris and Gove knew for definite neither HMRC , exporters, ferry companies and hauliers would be ready. Why build lorry parks if it’s less red tape paperwork and smooth frictionless trade?

"

your experience of exporting to a third country meant you could form a plan with the existing knowledge... for many companies, this wasn't the case. Thats not to say it was not possible for them to gather knowledge of third country export/import well in advance of a trade agreement or WTO terms outcome.

And for that reason I can't accept the premise that business did not have enough time to plan

For years Uk government have been trying to drive up figures with initiatives and campaigns to encourage businesses in the Uk to export.

Many businesses wouldn't get involved as they already believed they were "exporting". The truth of it is they were simply selling to one of the Eu countries.

Thornaby

The same people who predicted a recession on a leave vote. So the answer is. Actually yes, it is."

Oh here we go again.

The BOE avoided the recession by dumping cash into the economy through the mechanism of quantitative easing.

Feel free to come out with "millennium bug " bollocks next.

Oh here we go again.

The BOE avoided the recession by dumping cash into the economy through the mechanism of quantitative easing.

Feel free to come out with "millennium bug " bollocks next."

Well that's funny, I never received any cash. So how does that work exactly?

Manchester

To answer

Enjoy that one?

your experience of exporting to a third country meant you could form a plan with the existing knowledge... for many companies, this wasn't the case. Thats not to say it was not possible for them to gather knowledge of third country export/import well in advance of a trade agreement or WTO terms outcome.

And for that reason I can't accept the premise that business did not have enough time to plan

For years Uk government have been trying to drive up figures with initiatives and campaigns to encourage businesses in the Uk to export.

Many businesses wouldn't get involved as they already believed they were "exporting". The truth of it is they were simply selling to one of the Eu countries.

"

How do you plan for something you don’t know about?

The website information was added on the 24th December 2020

Knowledge on other countries and on WTO was of no use as I constantly seem to have to remind you. The issues are in the U.K. process which was not in place before the end of December .

If you have twenty years to plan for something you don’t know, what difference will it make as you still can’t plan for something you don’t know!

This isn’t rocket science

We know what customs is and we know how to do it in a lot of countries including the EU.

The U.K. changed to a mostly new system so we couldn’t plan!

If I said build me a fitted dressing room for my demanding wife next year but only told you what I wanted the day before I wanted it building how would you have planned it during that year?

You have no access to the room or knowledge of the design. Would you guess ? Would you guess if hundreds of thousands of pounds was at stake if you got you uniformed guess wrong?

We had no idea what HMRC wanted .

Your not getting it are you . The problems lie here in tne U.K. nowhere else just here.

here

To answer

Enjoy that one?

Knowledge on other countries and on WTO was of no use as I constantly seem to have to remind you. The issues are in the U.K. process which was not in place before the end of December .

If you have twenty years to plan for something you don’t know, what difference will it make as you still can’t plan for something you don’t know!

We know what customs is and we know how to do it in a lot of countries including the EU.

If I said build me a fitted dressing room for my demanding wife next year but only told you what I wanted the day before I wanted it building how would you have planned it during that year?

You have no access to the room or knowledge of the design. Would you guess ? Would you guess if hundreds of thousands of pounds was at stake if you got you uniformed guess wrong?

Your not getting it are you . The problems lie here in tne U.K. nowhere else just here.

"

I am getting it.

You are over thinking what is essentially a very simple concept.

You know the saying “you can’t see the wood for the trees”

Talking of wood - you want a real life example - look at Fabtastics Dutch rosewood chairs situation (other thread - it doesn’t have to be like this ) . Tell me what could have been prepared /planned in advance of 1st jan. If you can make some suggestions then this validates the point - prepare for the worst in the absence of any other information.

By *amish SMan  over a year ago

Eastleigh

Week commencing 4th Jan, our automotive piston supplier in Italy quoted huge price for shipping. We used DHL to collect from them and shipped to UK in 3 days for a third the price.

14kg of expensive cobalt chrome engine parts shipped from manufacturer in Germany, sent UPS by them on Monday arrived at goods in this morning.

Parts being sent from us to private customers in Europe getting there in a day or so, but different states interpret the EU requirement differently, but all have got to customers. So no real issues for us b2b or to our customers.

Road going pallet carriers seemed to not be be ready, we have stopped using our usual shipper of pallets to and from the EU, as they admitted they weren't prepared, we got caught early on when our correctly labelled pallet going to our company owner was stuck in the same load with pallets that were not labelled correctly.

HRMC will introduce OSS in July, this will affect the public more than registered importers and exporters. At the same time the EU will introduce their system, same idea, but they call it MOSS. Then there will be private individuals, importers and exporters. The new addition is that if you are UK company based in the UK and retail into the EU to private customers, you will have to register sell your wares there.

Thankfully as a company we could shift direction quickly, most of our products are UK made and shipped outside the EU and UK, and have been for over 40 years, so the adjustments for us were nothing arduous, but for companies that only shipped to and from the EU I suspect it is a nightmare.

Manchester

To answer

Enjoy that one?

I am getting it.

You are over thinking what is essentially a very simple concept.

You know the saying “you can’t see the wood for the trees”

Talking of wood - you want a real life example - look at Fabtastics Dutch rosewood chairs situation (other thread - it doesn’t have to be like this ) . Tell me what could have been prepared /planned in advance of 1st jan. If you can make some suggestions then this validates the point - prepare for the worst in the absence of any other information. "

You can’t validate anything retrospectively as we didn’t know any of these before December the 24th.

By not being informed by HMRC of any of the following how we could plan? You are having a laugh!

Remember these have to be costed too.

The procedure we had to follow for making / submitting a customs entry for T1 transit document . It’s like the others only different.

Telling us we can’t receive electronic copies for the drivers to show at first.

Tell us when the new IT system will be working 5 years and waiting so far.

Tell us we have physical checks to obtain T1s

Telling us the process for customs offices . Telling us the process for the trucks

Telling us the communications procedures which order for the drivers.

Telling us the locations we had to use for physical checking of the trucks

Telling us which stations we couldn’t use ( not done until mid January)

Telling the drivers what they need to do in their own language . Not done until end of January.

Tell us how the ferry company get the paper work to and from us and border force on unaccompanied ? Chicken and egg

Tell us do we have to physically submit at border crossing point?

Telling us what the driver need to carry with him and what’s electronic

Telling us the phone numbers of the sites for T1 ( not allowed as too many complaining hauliers)

Tell us how long we would be waiting so we can allow for the costs .

Tell us we won’t be checked in Dover or Folkestone but inland. That’s a surprise one!

Tell us we need a different process for Northern Ireland. Attempted our first load this week and what a farce, it may as well be North Korea!

Tell us at lot more besides but to give you a flavour.

So yes there was a fucking huge amount they could have told us but didn’t.

Very experienced customs companies went into meltdown because of the changes

We deal direct with most of the major ferry companies and they all have imposed restrictions due to the mess of the HMRC. and resulting trailers stuck in terminals. They are all in disputes with HMRC on who’s doing what.

We buy a lot of logistics so get a lot of support from them but no patience for companies who aren’t coping and certainly no new routed traffics so no new lanes allowed. Sorry they are too busy trying to cope.

If M&S with their resources are struggling imagine how the little boys are doing!

You really have no idea how bad it had been!

Please point me to the furniture post a little clearer I’m curious

here

" You can’t validate anything retrospectively as we didn’t know any of these before December the 24th.

By not being informed by HMRC of any of the following how we could plan? You are having a laugh!

The procedure we had to follow for making / submitting a customs entry for T1 transit document . It’s like the others only different.

Telling us the process for customs offices . Telling us the process for the trucks

Telling the drivers what they need to do in their own language . Not done until end of January.

Tell us how the ferry company get the paper work to and from us and border force on unaccompanied ? Chicken and egg

Telling us the phone numbers of the sites for T1 ( not allowed as too many complaining hauliers)

Tell us we won’t be checked in Dover or Folkestone but inland. That’s a surprise one!

Tell us we need a different process for Northern Ireland. Attempted our first load this week and what a farce, it may as well be North Korea!

We deal direct with most of the major ferry companies and they all have imposed restrictions due to the mess of the HMRC. and resulting trailers stuck in terminals. They are all in disputes with HMRC on who’s doing what.

We buy a lot of logistics so get a lot of support from them but no patience for companies who aren’t coping and certainly no new routed traffics so no new lanes allowed. Sorry they are too busy trying to cope.

If M&S with their resources are struggling imagine how the little boys are doing!

Please point me to the furniture post a little clearer I’m curious "

Wow. I wouldn’t disagree with a lot of what you are proclaiming.

But then I’m not really disagreeing with your situation.

I’m disagreeing with the concept that businesses had no access to export and import information prior to agreement of the specific detail of the new trading arrangements with the Eu.

Manchester

It’s ok I found it .

One company not knowing how to export licensed materials is nothing to do with the U.K. HMRC whatsoever . Again your missing the reason for the U.K. mess

The furniture maker only had to ask his local customs office on the rules of export outside the European Union . Those rules haven’t changed for years .

We had been asking for our new rules for two years . Like I keep telling you we got them in December and remember HMRC say they are temporary until we bed in . So fuck knows what’s next.

The lorry parks have been given licence for 5 years so not looking good is it!

here

"It’s ok I found it .

One company not knowing how to export licensed materials is nothing to do with the U.K. HMRC whatsoever . Again your missing the reason for the U.K. mess

The furniture maker only had to ask his local customs office on the rules of export outside the European Union . Those rules haven’t changed for years .

We had been asking for our new rules for two years . Like I keep telling you we got them in December and remember HMRC say they are temporary until we bed in . So fuck knows what’s next.

The lorry parks have been given licence for 5 years so not looking good is it! "

How could the Dutch seller and the U.K. company have been better prepared prior to the trading arrangement announcement in December ?

Manchester

" You can’t validate anything retrospectively as we didn’t know any of these before December the 24th.

Please point me to the furniture post a little clearer I’m curious

Wow. I wouldn’t disagree with a lot of what you are proclaiming.

But then I’m not really disagreeing with your situation.

I’m disagreeing with the concept that businesses had no access to export and import information prior to agreement of the specific detail of the new trading arrangements with the Eu.

"

I can promise you we had no access to the relevant information we needed to plan. It has been really really bad for U.K. business.

We still have to manually populate documents because the IT isn’t available . Gove says they’ve upgraded chief. They’ve just given it a bigger memory and it keeps failing . Software providers can’t give us solutions because they need the governments new system to be working first. We are heavily reliant on our SAP software to cope with the throughput of work.

Tonight we have a truck stuck in Holland .

The U.K. customs office lost his paperwork so gave us a copy of their office issue.

Because it’s marked office copy the Dutch won’t accept it as an original . Result driver will be coming back to the U.K. . They lost his notes due to IT issues . I’m saying they gave it to the wrong driver so some other poor guy will be stuffed as well.

When we’re busy we can reach 300 truck loads a week out of the U.K. so you can imagine this is not fun at all.

We’ve given our co-ordinaries big bonuses for the huge amount of hours they’ve been putting in.

The swear box is full!

Manchester

"It’s ok I found it .

The lorry parks have been given licence for 5 years so not looking good is it!

How could the Dutch seller and the U.K. company have been better prepared prior to the trading arrangement announcement in December ?"

The rules for export to a third country from Holland are written in their customs procedures . The shipper maybe had to look at the existing rules and procedures . The only change i would guess was the U.K. being added to the list of third countries. They perhaps didn’t check something that existed so they could prepare. Unless I don’t know maybe the Dutch didn’t have rules . Not being a furniture exporter from Holland I can’t be certain so am only guessing.

Sadly such guidance and procedures definitely didn’t exist for export from the U.K. to the EU.

The import procedures were written up in each country of arrival. just not the export country which as you know is the U.K.

For the rest of the world they do as we use them daily without issue ( stockpile delays excepted)

We import very small amounts of cargo which requires licensing as it’s regulated under international conventions and have no issues once we know the commodity code and INCOTERMS.

I know I’m appearing to go on but genuinely we are experienced at what we do. I’ve been exporting for 35 years and could not believe how totally unprepared or government has been,

Thornaby

Oh here we go again.

Well that's funny, I never received any cash. So how does that work exactly? "

It worked exactly like this. The BOE created money at the click of a mouse. This money was used by the BOE to buy up debt from the market. This injection of money into the market increases economic activity.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantitative_easing#%3A%7E%3Atext%3DQuantitative_easing_%28QE%29_is_a%2Ceconomy_to_expand_economic_activity.?wprov=sfla1

Oh here we go again.

Feel free to come out with "millennium bug " bollocks next."

QE or not. We didn't go into a recession.

QE was also used after the Banking Crisis, EuroZone Crisis, and right now.

Things happen and we need QE to stimulate. Whether you agree or not is an entirely different argument.

By *bi_AstrayTV/TS  over a year ago

Plymouth

We also knew you'd be spouting any old rubbish like this when it didn't turn into the sunny uplands you were promised...

It's covid, it was the remainers, it was...

I seem to remember the people who promised those sunny uplands also promised amazing success to the fishermen too, all 12000 of them. That went well, didn't it.

Thornaby

Oh here we go again.

Things happen and we need QE to stimulate. Whether you agree or not is an entirely different argument."

and in each of the examples you give, QE was used to avoid a financial meltdown.

In the case of brexit, it's use prevented a recession, or a larger recession.

Oh here we go again.

Things happen and we need QE to stimulate. Whether you agree or not is an entirely different argument.

and in each of the examples you give, QE was used to avoid a financial meltdown.

In the case of brexit, it's use prevented a recession, or a larger recession."

I know it was used, that's why I said it. Did you know that the QE used for covid is bigger than all of those?

By *amish SMan  over a year ago

Eastleigh

Recession, still way to early to call that one, give it another 12 months. All as good as can be at the moment, but furlough still in place, government loans to be repaid, full effects of Brexit to take affect. Early days to say we dodged a recession.

liverpool

My guess is there will be a mini boom then reality will bite.

Furlough will stop and we could see many people lose their jobs.

There is a theory that the Tories may push for an early election of the back of the vaccine as 2/3 years down the line we could be really in the shit.

» Add a new message to this topic