FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Breturn

Breturn

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Aa the brexit fiasco starts to bite what year will we return to europe, my guess is 2027.

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Aa the brexit fiasco starts to bite what year will we return to europe, my guess is 2027."

It will take much longer to rejoin. It's not an easy task. And that's even if you could convince Daily Mial readers/unicorn believers to vote for it.

Most of the damage has already been done. There is no recovery from this within our lifetime. And we'd never get the favourable terms we had as senior members of the EU.

However, I don't doubt that the campaign to rejoin will start soon.

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

Howling

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

"Aa the brexit fiasco starts to bite what year will we return to europe, my guess is 2027."

Wouldn't that be Briturn?

But not for at least - Never.

By *ssexbloke72Man  over a year ago

Poplar

We never left Europe we are still part of it.!

However if you really mean the EU...LMFAO.!

By *nonymousSwingerMan  over a year ago

cambridge

I’d hope for 2027, but can’t see it being before 2030 and even then 2035/40 more likely

By *dsindyTV/TS  over a year ago

East Lancashire

It's done, over, finished. Whatever side you were on (and I was a remainer), move on....ALL of you.

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

i believe we are the furthest from the EU that we are going to get and it is probable that we are now in an ever decaying orbit of slow re-alignment

thornaby

Who knows what state the eu may be in in 10/15 yrs time

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"Aa the brexit fiasco starts to bite what year will we return to europe, my guess is 2027.

It will take much longer to rejoin. It's not an easy task. And that's even if you could convince Daily Mial readers/unicorn believers to vote for it.

Most of the damage has already been done. There is no recovery from this within our lifetime. And we'd never get the favourable terms we had as senior members of the EU.

"

The only things that made the U.K. a senior member was the fact the the U.K. was the 4th highest contributor

I don’t see us rejoining anytime soon if ever the world has moved on since we joined and the opportunities for trade are a lot more accessible than way back then

thornaby

"Aa the brexit fiasco starts to bite what year will we return to europe, my guess is 2027.

The only things that made the U.K. a senior member was the fact the the U.K. was the 4th highest contributor

I don’t see us rejoining anytime soon if ever the world has moved on since we joined and the opportunities for trade are a lot more accessible than way back then "

I don’t see us rejoining anytime soon if ever the world has moved on since we joined and the opportunities for trade are a lot more accessible than way back then "

Yeah exactly. There's not much chance of convincing the unicorn believers.

Energy would be better spent trying to mitigate against the effects of brexit, than trying to rejoin.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

By *rystal DreamtimeTV/TS  over a year ago

horsham

I don’t think a return will happen as in hey we are rejoining in this day .. We will now be tweaking the deal here and there for most of eternity . Well long past mine and others sell by date .

The scrabble for the last minute deal proved how chicken shit we are to walk away from EU altogether ..

Starmer has even said labour are not going to talk about it no more , although Scotland will keep a fire burning brightly for a while yet ..

Pissing and moaning will take place on both sides and temper tantrums will continue . We will try and sit at the big table of the world with Russia, Europe China USA and the likes .. Our role in the world now though to just hold the coats , whilst the big boys get stuck in ..

"

"

Yet here we are. Out of the EU.

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

I don’t think we would qualify due to our debt issues.

Oh and I think we would have to send them Boris’ head on a platter first!

" although Scotland will keep a fire burning brightly for a while yet ..

"

Not all of Scotland is represented by the SNP.

"I don’t think we would qualify due to our debt issues.

Oh and I think we would have to send them Boris’ head on a platter first! "

do you know of good proctologist specializing in extractive proceedures?

thornaby

Oh and I think we would have to send them Boris’ head on a platter first! "

i wonder what the eu debt will be after brexit and covid ?

Bristol

Oh and I think we would have to send them Boris’ head on a platter first! i wonder what the eu debt will be after brexit and covid ?"

I suppose they will be asking all of the member states to divvy up xtra cash to make up for the shortfalls

By *rystal DreamtimeTV/TS  over a year ago

horsham

" although Scotland will keep a fire burning brightly for a while yet ..

Not all of Scotland is represented by the SNP. "

True but they are the majority and have still got of noise to make ..

And I hope not .. However I do believe there’s a slightly more militant side to Scotland than we have seen so far .

" i wonder what the eu debt will be after brexit and covid ?"

Don't ask questions like that lol. It confuses them.

"

Yet here we are. Out of the EU.

"

Exactly!

Too many unicorn enthusiasts.

" i wonder what the eu debt will be after brexit and covid ?

Don't ask questions like that lol. It confuses them."

The EU are reading Foxy's comments on here?

By *ebbie69Couple  over a year ago

milton keynes

It will most likely need a political party to have it as there main goal. Bit like the opposite of UKIP. Maybe the lib dems or greens as think they were for overturning it. If it has support then those parties should gain lots of support and to be back in by 2027 needs to be very quick. No sign of that yet

By *ungblackbullMan  over a year ago

scotland

We never left Europe we are still part of it.!

However if you really mean the EU...LMFAO.! "

And Brexiters never confuse the two? Only yesterday I was reading an article with some photos of brexiters with posters about hating Europe.

Your "LMFAO" clearly shows your lack of intelligence.

thornaby

The EU are reading Foxy's comments on here? "

well if they read yrs mate they will be offering you residency sounds like yr dine with the U.K. lol

I think being on our own with the the cold chill of reality biting hard it may start to happen sooner than people expect, I think we are going to need industrial quantities of lube as we deal with china and america, the EU may seem like a warm home pretty soon.

milton keynes

"I think being on our own with the the cold chill of reality biting hard it may start to happen sooner than people expect, I think we are going to need industrial quantities of lube as we deal with china and america, the EU may seem like a warm home pretty soon."

What are you suggesting will China and America do to us

The EU are reading Foxy's comments on here? well if they read yrs mate they will be offering you residency sounds like yr dine with the U.K. lol"

No one reads my comments!!

"

No one reads my comments!!"

Sorry. What?

It will most likely need a political party to have it as there main goal. Bit like the opposite of UKIP. Maybe the lib dems or greens as think they were for overturning it. If it has support then those parties should gain lots of support and to be back in by 2027 needs to be very quick. No sign of that yet"

Never going to happen. No benefit to the establishment to rejoin. And there's no funding from Russia or the US for something like this.

The right wing is always better funded than the left in the UK.

thornaby

The EU are reading Foxy's comments on here? well if they read yrs mate they will be offering you residency sounds like yr dine with the U.K. lol

No one reads my comments!!"

lol try leaving out the unicorn cack then ya never know bud lol

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

I think a new trading block will emerge in my opinion.

"I think a new trading block will emerge in my opinion. "

One that is far bigger than the EU.

"I think being on our own with the the cold chill of reality biting hard it may start to happen sooner than people expect, I think we are going to need industrial quantities of lube as we deal with china and america, the EU may seem like a warm home pretty soon.

What are you suggesting will China and America do to us"

If u google "no choice no lube anal with the worlds two biggest dildos" you'll start to get the picture.

By *uliaChrisCouple  over a year ago

westerham

Lol at your salty remainer tears

(I know you’ve claimed you’ve lost sales in France “due to Brexit” but you’ve never explained what Brexit had to do with it.)

(I know you’ve claimed you’ve lost sales in France “due to Brexit” but you’ve never explained what Brexit had to do with it.)"

Oh dear.

westerham

(I know you’ve claimed you’ve lost sales in France “due to Brexit” but you’ve never explained what Brexit had to do with it.)

Oh dear."

So it wasn’t true? Thought not.

Oh dear.

So it wasn’t true? Thought not."

Chris I spent all day yesterday explaining why a 100m order would get better terms than a 10m order but u couldn't grasp the details so its pointless me explaining this to u.

By *oggoneMan  over a year ago

Derry

(I know you’ve claimed you’ve lost sales in France “due to Brexit” but you’ve never explained what Brexit had to do with it.)"

It's a total shitshow so far in Northern Ireland. For example, Amazon have stopped shipping Bushmills Whiskey to NI . John Lewis has stopped completely for now, as has Dunelm. Amazon prime is meaningless. All this winning

It's a total shitshow so far in Northern Ireland. For example, Amazon have stopped shipping Bushmills Whiskey to NI . John Lewis has stopped completely for now, as has Dunelm. Amazon prime is meaningless. All this winning"

I thought bushmills was made in belfast..

Derry

It's a total shitshow so far in Northern Ireland. For example, Amazon have stopped shipping Bushmills Whiskey to NI . John Lewis has stopped completely for now, as has Dunelm. Amazon prime is meaningless. All this winning

I thought bushmills was made in belfast.."

It's made in a town called Bushmills in Antrim.

westerham

Oh dear.

Chris I spent all day yesterday explaining why a 100m order would get better terms than a 10m order but u couldn't grasp the details so its pointless me explaining this to u. "

* It’s still Julia

No, that was my example I gave you of what wasn’t happening before Brexit and still won’t happen after Brexit.

Either post concrete examples of the cause of your lost sales or your credibility with me is diminished. We’ve discussed this.

westerham

It's made in a town called Bushmills in Antrim."

Just down the road from Belfast, are you another one yanking our chains?

Derry

It's made in a town called Bushmills in Antrim.

Just down the road from Belfast, are you another one yanking our chains?"

Just under 60 miles miles in a different county. If you think UK businesses having a smaller free trade area than it's national borders is winning, I hate to think what losing looks like.

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

Doubt it.

My guess is that there will be a couple more years of cock waving and blaming the EU for not changing their rules to benefit the U.K.

After that there will likely be a realisation that the reasons we joined in the first place are still valid today. In fact, the anticipation in the 1970’s that the world was becoming a globalised market and large trading blocs were the future has actually made those original joining reasons even more valid today.

That said, I actually think that the U.K. has to suffer some material pain so that the country as a whole can agree on a more cooperative way forwards - ie back initially into a closer orbit with the EU to start with.

What I still find startling is that many prominent Brexiters are championing losses that “aren’t as bad as forecast” as being a cause to celebrate Brexit. The issue is that Brexit is/was and always will be a pointless exercise in the promotion of British Exceptionalism.

Twenty to thirty years ahead, we will be back in the heart of the EU and probably quite embarrassed at the infantile rhetoric that promoted the Brexit cause three decades earlier.

Oh dear.

Chris I spent all day yesterday explaining why a 100m order would get better terms than a 10m order but u couldn't grasp the details so its pointless me explaining this to u.

* It’s still Julia

No, that was my example I gave you of what wasn’t happening before Brexit and still won’t happen after Brexit.

Either post concrete examples of the cause of your lost sales or your credibility with me is diminished. We’ve discussed this. "

If u cant even understand the 100m v 10m what's the point, u simply wont understand it.

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

Oh dear.

Chris I spent all day yesterday explaining why a 100m order would get better terms than a 10m order but u couldn't grasp the details so its pointless me explaining this to u. "

Only where there is an economy of scale.

Derry

Doubt it.

My guess is that there will be a couple more years of cock waving and blaming the EU for not changing their rules to benefit the U.K.

After that there will likely be a realisation that the reasons we joined in the first place are still valid today. In fact, the anticipation in the 1970’s that the world was becoming a globalised market and large trading blocs were the future has actually made those original joining reasons even more valid today.

That said, I actually think that the U.K. has to suffer some material pain so that the country as a whole can agree on a more cooperative way forwards - ie back initially into a closer orbit with the EU to start with.

What I still find startling is that many prominent Brexiters are championing losses that “aren’t as bad as forecast” as being a cause to celebrate Brexit. The issue is that Brexit is/was and always will be a pointless exercise in the promotion of British Exceptionalism.

Twenty to thirty years ahead, we will be back in the heart of the EU and probably quite embarrassed at the infantile rhetoric that promoted the Brexit cause three decades earlier."

That maybe a more realistic timescale but by then it may not be the 'less than united kingdom' than is seeking to rejoin.

At the risk of yet more remoaner tears, we shall be returning to the corrupt disgraced EU on the 4th of never

Oh dear.

Only where there is an economy of scale."

Yes , it's like europe buying the vaccine at a better price than us .

Oh dear.

* It’s still Julia

Either post concrete examples of the cause of your lost sales or your credibility with me is diminished. We’ve discussed this.

If u cant even understand the 100m v 10m what's the point, u simply wont understand it."

Do you think there is one bloke sat in an office in Brussels buying stuff for EU businesses? Do you think a distributor in Malta could get a better deal with Japan than say, Tesco?

By *wosmilersCouple  over a year ago

Heathrowish

As with every forum topic, large words will be written but in reality, the average person will not know if there is a difference between their level of lifestyle if we had stayed or left. The extreme pain and fatigue that was inflicted upon us post referendum will certainly put the average person off engaging in another referendum.

It would be political suicide in an election manifesto to promote such a referendum to rejoin within the next two, if not three elections and therefore no mainstream party with a chance of actually winning power will do so.

If the Scots do achieve their own independence referendum and they vote to leave the UK, the margin will increase rather than reduce.

A lot of "ifs"....but reading most "informed" (pmsl) posts, then "ifs" from keyboard warriors seem to be the fuel that powers this forum.

Oh dear.

* It’s still Julia

If u cant even understand the 100m v 10m what's the point, u simply wont understand it.

Do you think there is one bloke sat in an office in Brussels buying stuff for EU businesses? Do you think a distributor in Malta could get a better deal with Japan than say, Tesco? "

Yes.

Oh dear.

* It’s still Julia

Do you think there is one bloke sat in an office in Brussels buying stuff for EU businesses? Do you think a distributor in Malta could get a better deal with Japan than say, Tesco?

Yes."

westerham

Oh dear.

* It’s still Julia

Do you think there is one bloke sat in an office in Brussels buying stuff for EU businesses? Do you think a distributor in Malta could get a better deal with Japan than say, Tesco? "

I’m beginning to think he does. The vaccine example he’s given above when Germany has managed 20,000 vaccinations against our million is beyond desperate.

"At the risk of yet more remoaner tears, we shall be returning to the corrupt disgraced EU on the 4th of never "

Why are people who pay attention to the world around them "remoaners" and why do you label dissent as "tears"?

Oh dear.

* It’s still Julia

I’m beginning to think he does. The vaccine example he’s given above when Germany has managed 20,000 vaccinations against our million is beyond desperate."

From what I gather most of europe are now surpassing us, and it's our very own strain of covid that's now rampant, why cant boris and his ilk do things properly for once.

I wouldn't call it tears, but I would hazard to say it is a lot of whinging.

Manchester

Oh and I think we would have to send them Boris’ head on a platter first!

do you know of good proctologist specializing in extractive proceedures? "

Would we be able to tell the difference between the resultant mess on the platter? Yuk!

"

From what I gather most of europe are now surpassing us, and it's our very own strain of covid that's now rampant, why cant boris and his ilk do things properly for once."

Nope in the league table of vaccines given we are 3rd.

"

From what I gather most of europe are now surpassing us, and it's our very own strain of covid that's now rampant, why cant boris and his ilk do things properly for once.

Nope in the league table of vaccines given we are 3rd."

Where are we in cases and deaths ?

"

Nope in the league table of vaccines given we are 3rd.

Where are we in cases and deaths ?"

Try John Hopkins

Oh dear.

* It’s still Julia

I’m beginning to think he does. The vaccine example he’s given above when Germany has managed 20,000 vaccinations against our million is beyond desperate.

From what I gather most of europe are now surpassing us, and it's our very own strain of covid that's now rampant, why cant boris and his ilk do things properly for once."

That's not what was being reported on France 24 earlier, Europe are behind us by some way, Germany is currently doing the best in Europe, France and Italy are miles behind.

Oh and in Europe we are number one on the list of vaccines given.

Manchester

Oh and I think we would have to send them Boris’ head on a platter first! i wonder what the eu debt will be after brexit and covid ?"

You do know we are one of the most indebted countries in the world and that’s not including our pension liabilities which are not on the balance sheet. We have the second highest external debt only beaten by the USA.

milton keynes

"I think being on our own with the the cold chill of reality biting hard it may start to happen sooner than people expect, I think we are going to need industrial quantities of lube as we deal with china and america, the EU may seem like a warm home pretty soon.

If u google "no choice no lube anal with the worlds two biggest dildos" you'll start to get the picture."

Any chance of being a bit more specific in what you mean

Oh dear.

* It’s still Julia

That's not what was being reported on France 24 earlier, Europe are behind us by some way, Germany is currently doing the best in Europe, France and Italy are miles behind."

I take it our deaths are still the highest ? The pandemic has been so mishandled it's not surprising we're rushing ahead with the vacinces as if it's a major victory or something.

If u google "no choice no lube anal with the worlds two biggest dildos" you'll start to get the picture.

Any chance of being a bit more specific in what you mean"

Out of the EU china and the states look on us as easy pickings almost like a pygmy economy to be ravaged as they please.

milton keynes

Out of the EU china and the states look on us as easy pickings almost like a pygmy economy to be ravaged as they please."

Sounds frightful. If I see an American or Chinese person picking up some Vaseline in the shops I will be sure to knee them where it hurts. What else should I look out for

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

"Oh and in Europe we are number one on the list of vaccines given. "

Upto yesterday, France had vaccinated around 350!

I'm now hearing some news that the EU, on the recommendation of the French, has placed large orders for a French vaccine... that won't be authorised until October! I've not had chance to research tbis yet, so its only heresay at the moment.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Never I am certain

"Oh and in Europe we are number one on the list of vaccines given.

Upto yesterday, France had vaccinated around 350!

I'm now hearing some news that the EU, on the recommendation of the French, has placed large orders for a French vaccine... that won't be authorised until October! I've not had chance to research tbis yet, so its only heresay at the moment.

"

Heresay? As in bullshit u mean.

Out of the EU china and the states look on us as easy pickings almost like a pygmy economy to be ravaged as they please.

Sounds frightful. If I see an American or Chinese person picking up some Vaseline in the shops I will be sure to knee them where it hurts. What else should I look out for"

Boris walking a bit funny.

Poplar

Oh dear.

* It’s still Julia

That's not what was being reported on France 24 earlier, Europe are behind us by some way, Germany is currently doing the best in Europe, France and Italy are miles behind.

I take it our deaths are still the highest ? The pandemic has been so mishandled it's not surprising we're rushing ahead with the vacinces as if it's a major victory or something. "

You are completely incorrect that the UK deaths are the highest.

Oh dear.

* It’s still Julia

I take it our deaths are still the highest ? The pandemic has been so mishandled it's not surprising we're rushing ahead with the vacinces as if it's a major victory or something.

You are completely incorrect that the UK deaths are the highest. "

I think we've led the way for most of 2020 mostly due to tory incompetence.

Poplar

Oh dear.

* It’s still Julia

I think we've led the way for most of 2020 mostly due to tory incompetence. "

Apart from the fact countries are counting the deaths in different ways, some not reporting them at all. It may be some time before the real figures around the world are known if at all.

Oh dear.

* It’s still Julia

I think we've led the way for most of 2020 mostly due to tory incompetence.

Apart from the fact countries are counting the deaths in different ways, some not reporting them at all. It may be some time before the real figures around the world are known if at all."

Keeping to the tory line there I see.

By *ichiebigMan  over a year ago

nenagh

Breturn

You must be joking

All us 27 united European countries dodged a bullet getting rid of you silly little England clowns,

We might let the Scots back if they can demonstrate that they have totally stopped being English arse lickers

But not for at least - Never."

Why, I am sure there will be pro EU version of Farage and the Brexit party

Poplar

Why, I am sure there will be pro EU version of Farage and the Brexit party "

There is, it's called the Liberal Democrats.

However the problem is they voted against a trade deal with the EU.!

However the problem is they voted against a trade deal with the EU.!"

Did they ? Was it a better trade deal than the one we already had? Anyway, I am sure a new party and leader will emerge if Brexit turns out to be a disaster

Grantham

However the problem is they voted against a trade deal with the EU.!"

Just after the Referendum, I posted on here if there was a need for a new centrist pro-EU party. After all, they technically had all the 48% that voted remain to capture in.

Nearly everyone was against it.

Just after the Referendum, I posted on here if there was a need for a new centrist pro-EU party. After all, they technically had all the 48% that voted remain to capture in.

"

If Brexit turns into a failure then I am sure a new pro EU party will emerge

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

"Breturn

You must be joking

All us 27 united European countries dodged a bullet getting rid of you silly little England clowns,

We might let the Scots back if they can demonstrate that they have totally stopped being English arse lickers "

You don’t want to leave the EU and join us in the new Atlantic Alliance then?

France , Spain, Portugal are in. Also, Iceland, Norway. We are looking to give special dispensation to Germany and Italy to join as we like the cars, wine, women.

thornaby

[Removed by poster at 04/01/21 11:59:34]

milton keynes

If Brexit turns into a failure then I am sure a new pro EU party will emerge "

That's the acid test and should be able to see parties like the lib dems gaining support rapidly if even half the predictions on here actually come true. So by the next GE should be a major force

westerham

"Breturn

You must be joking

We might let the Scots back if they can demonstrate that they have totally stopped being English arse lickers

France , Spain, Portugal are in. Also, Iceland, Norway. We are looking to give special dispensation to Germany and Italy to join as we like the cars, wine, women. "

I prefer to look it more as a new British Empire rather than an alliance.

"Breturn

You must be joking

France , Spain, Portugal are in. Also, Iceland, Norway. We are looking to give special dispensation to Germany and Italy to join as we like the cars, wine, women.

I prefer to look it more as a new British Empire rather than an alliance. "

Empire? Are you fishing again

thornaby

Still clinging on to a dream lol

Bristol

"Breturn

You must be joking

We might let the Scots back if they can demonstrate that they have totally stopped being English arse lickers "

By *lixerMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

England will never get back in. Scotland will vote against you.

westerham

"England will never get back in. Scotland will vote against you. "

Lol

If for some completely bizarre reason we ever did want to get back in, we would take Europe by force, then decide whether to blow the Brussels ship from the water

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

If Scotland actually managed to fudge their way into the EU and voted against England 're joining that would be the nicest thing they have ever done

thornaby

can we have that in writing pretty please

"England will never get back in. Scotland will vote against you.

Lol

If for some completely bizarre reason we ever did want to get back in, we would take Europe by force, then decide whether to blow the Brussels ship from the water "

I didn’t know Brussels and the EU had a ship?

"England will never get back in. Scotland will vote against you. can we have that in writing pretty please "

Scotland aren't getting in the EU for a very very long time. Fiscal insecurity will take care of that.

By *uninlondon69Man  over a year ago

Lewisham

Meanwhile, back in the real world it turns out that Liz Truss's Japan success doesn't match the initial headlines. We only get low (the same as the EU) tariffs on food exports if the EU don't use their full allocation first. Cheese was the big headline, but if France and Italy use the EU's full allowance on Brie and Mozarella then there's no room for low tariff Cheddar in Tokyo.

We share the EU's allocation of 10 food exports to Japan including all wheat products, cocoa products, tea, coffee and cheese. Unfortunately the EU get to export theirs first and we only get to join in if there's any allowance left afterwards. If there's no allowance left then all our exports are subject to full tariffs.

"Meanwhile, back in the real world it turns out that Liz Truss's Japan success doesn't match the initial headlines. We only get low (the same as the EU) tariffs on food exports if the EU don't use their full allocation first. Cheese was the big headline, but if France and Italy use the EU's full allowance on Brie and Mozarella then there's no room for low tariff Cheddar in Tokyo.

We share the EU's allocation of 10 food exports to Japan including all wheat products, cocoa products, tea, coffee and cheese. Unfortunately the EU get to export theirs first and we only get to join in if there's any allowance left afterwards. If there's no allowance left then all our exports are subject to full tariffs."

I was reading that yesterday looks like liz was happy to accept some crumbs after the EU have feasted shows how weak we've now become on our own .

"Meanwhile, back in the real world it turns out that Liz Truss's Japan success doesn't match the initial headlines. We only get low (the same as the EU) tariffs on food exports if the EU don't use their full allocation first. Cheese was the big headline, but if France and Italy use the EU's full allowance on Brie and Mozarella then there's no room for low tariff Cheddar in Tokyo.

We share the EU's allocation of 10 food exports to Japan including all wheat products, cocoa products, tea, coffee and cheese. Unfortunately the EU get to export theirs first and we only get to join in if there's any allowance left afterwards. If there's no allowance left then all our exports are subject to full tariffs."

Damn, I've cleared the snow from my tea plantation for nothing

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

But but.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1371767/BRexit-deal-news-UK-trade-deals-57-countries-trade-with-UK/amp

Derry

Some 73% of Japanese are lactose intolerant. I don't think its going to be a growth market for cheese.

"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1371767/BRexit-deal-news-UK-trade-deals-57-countries-trade-with-UK/amp"

And ALL the continuation agreements including the EU Trade Bloc £660bn continuance deal.

Search: Trade agreements of the United Kingdom on wikipedia for the full details.

liverpool

"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1371767/BRexit-deal-news-UK-trade-deals-57-countries-trade-with-UK/amp

And ALL the continuation agreements including the EU Trade Bloc £660bn continuance deal.

Search: Trade agreements of the United Kingdom on wikipedia for the full details. "

I feel there is a pattern here.

We crow and boast when we get a deal ie the Japan ,but when the details emerge, its perhaps not as great as first heralded.

It's almost as if someone isnt great on the actual details.

We share the EU's allocation of 10 food exports to Japan including all wheat products, cocoa products, tea, coffee and cheese. Unfortunately the EU get to export theirs first and we only get to join in if there's any allowance left afterwards. If there's no allowance left then all our exports are subject to full tariffs.

Some 73% of Japanese are lactose intolerant. I don't think its going to be a growth market for cheese."

FFS u just got to laugh. Hopefully theres a lube factory somewhere producing industrial quantities, we're going to need it going forward I fear.

thornaby

"

Search: Trade agreements of the United Kingdom on wikipedia for the full details.

I feel there is a pattern here.

We crow and boast when we get a deal ie the Japan ,but when the details emerge, its perhaps not as great as first heralded.

It's almost as if someone isnt great on the actual details. "

ain’t any deal better than no deal then ?

By *untwolancashireCouple  over a year ago

Preston/Lancaster

the remaining UK countries take £51 billion of your goods, 27 countries in the EU take £16 billion. 3 countries taking 3 times the amount of goods & you hate them.There’s some really nice Cornish Welsh & Japanese whiskey about these days & I’ve got my grannies shortbread recipe x Money talks my friend not the wishes of the people xx

Don't know why you are all rattling on about cheese - It's a FREE TRADE AGREED with access to a Market worth £110 Billion and or signed in deal right now at £15 billion. And also provides closer economic ties with 11 other Pacific Rim countries.

Lots of details out there . . . including the full text of each deal . . . if you would just care to look.

liverpool

In all seriousness how many promises has he actually broke?

We are gonna build loads of new hospitals.. actually about 8

We are going to take on x number of nurses..actually loads will be existing ones

The crises will be over by Christmas..2nd lockdown in jan

I haven't sat on the Russia report..he had

We will have a great trade deal with Japan..actually not that great

I will fight for the fishing industry...sells them down the river

To Devon and Cornwall..we will give you the money you got from the EU.. actually you will get a fraction of it

I wont get rid of the student scheme...got rid of it

And people are surprised when you are cynical about what he says?

I cant believe people believe a word out of his mouth

Meanwhile, Labour front bencher Rosie Duffield says they have not given up hope of tearing up Brexit and moving the leadership towards rejoining . That must be music to Johnson's ears

Will they never learn?

thornaby

"Meanwhile, Labour front bencher Rosie Duffield says they have not given up hope of tearing up Brexit and moving the leadership towards rejoining . That must be music to Johnson's ears

Will they never learn? "

nar never learn and talking like that will garrantee the next GE is a goner ffs

seems a shame that so many companies are now ceasing trade betwixt UK and EU on account of the excessive tariffs, taxes and other costly red tape & governmental beaucocracy

"seems a shame that so many companies are now ceasing trade betwixt UK and EU on account of the excessive tariffs, taxes and other costly red tape & governmental beaucocracy "

Why?

"seems a shame that so many companies are now ceasing trade betwixt UK and EU on account of the excessive tariffs, taxes and other costly red tape & governmental beaucocracy "

It is a shame companies will have to adjust.

Sometimes it takes time for a country to realise they've been sold down the river by shysters, bit like Donald and his merry men, as uk inc continues to suffer the inevitable decline brexit brings there will indeed be an awakening.

thornaby

"seems a shame that so many companies are now ceasing trade betwixt UK and EU on account of the excessive tariffs, taxes and other costly red tape & governmental beaucocracy

It is a shame companies will have to adjust."

how hard can that possibly be lol

thornaby

"Sometimes it takes time for a country to realise they've been sold down the river by shysters, bit like Donald and his merry men, as uk inc continues to suffer the inevitable decline brexit brings there will indeed be an awakening. "
and pls tell us what this awakening will be ????

Derry

Some 73% of Japanese are lactose intolerant. I don't think its going to be a growth market for cheese.

FFS u just got to laugh. Hopefully theres a lube factory somewhere producing industrial quantities, we're going to need it going forward I fear."

It's like boasting about a contract to sell sand to the Saudis.

Dunno why people bother arguing with Brexit voters.

They don't care that in the long term the UK is worse off.

They just care about their side 'winning' and the other side 'losing'.

thornaby

FFS u just got to laugh. Hopefully theres a lube factory somewhere producing industrial quantities, we're going to need it going forward I fear.

It's like boasting about a contract to sell sand to the Saudis."

not shamrock ?? to the Irish ?

"Sometimes it takes time for a country to realise they've been sold down the river by shysters, bit like Donald and his merry men, as uk inc continues to suffer the inevitable decline brexit brings there will indeed be an awakening. and pls tell us what this awakening will be ????"

It's going to involve clearing the tory swamp foxi.

thornaby

"Dunno why people bother arguing with Brexit voters.

They don't care that in the long term the UK is worse off.

They just care about their side 'winning' and the other side 'losing'."

another remainer predicting to long term that’s a neat trick you’ve got there mate

thornaby

"Sometimes it takes time for a country to realise they've been sold down the river by shysters, bit like Donald and his merry men, as uk inc continues to suffer the inevitable decline brexit brings there will indeed be an awakening. and pls tell us what this awakening will be ????

It's going to involve clearing the tory swamp foxi. "

I bloody hope so sooner the better I’m a labour suporter

It's like boasting about a contract to sell sand to the Saudis. not shamrock ?? to the Irish ?"

U got it foxi!

"Sometimes it takes time for a country to realise they've been sold down the river by shysters, bit like Donald and his merry men, as uk inc continues to suffer the inevitable decline brexit brings there will indeed be an awakening. and pls tell us what this awakening will be ????

It's going to involve clearing the tory swamp foxi. "

Didn't most of the Tories back remain?

Preston/Lancaster

yes Mercedes BMW VW Audi Peugeot Citroen fiat Bosch Philips all these companies or do you mean big companies?

"Sometimes it takes time for a country to realise they've been sold down the river by shysters, bit like Donald and his merry men, as uk inc continues to suffer the inevitable decline brexit brings there will indeed be an awakening. "

People voted for brexit time to move on. Just like here with the election the sooner people realize that the better. Quit causing divide in both countries.

It's going to involve clearing the tory swamp foxi. I bloody hope so sooner the better I’m a labour suporter "

I feel your going to be part of the awakening foxi helping clear away the tory shysters, thank u.

thornaby

"Sometimes it takes time for a country to realise they've been sold down the river by shysters, bit like Donald and his merry men, as uk inc continues to suffer the inevitable decline brexit brings there will indeed be an awakening.

People voted for brexit time to move on. Just like here with the election the sooner people realize that the better. Quit causing divide in both countries."

yes that’s the only way forward for both the U.K. and US

liverpool

"Sometimes it takes time for a country to realise they've been sold down the river by shysters, bit like Donald and his merry men, as uk inc continues to suffer the inevitable decline brexit brings there will indeed be an awakening.

People voted for brexit time to move on. Just like here with the election the sooner people realize that the better. Quit causing divide in both countries."

Those divides arent going away.

Didn't most of the Tories back remain? "

Horn we're talking about the swamp, that cabal of self serving Tories, think u know that.

thornaby

People voted for brexit time to move on. Just like here with the election the sooner people realize that the better. Quit causing divide in both countries.

Those divides arent going away."

what do you want to be Lionel part of the problem or part of the solution ?

liverpool

Those divides arent going away.what do you want to be Lionel part of the problem or part of the solution ?"

You dont just expose great schisms in society.. let them fester for 3 years and expect them to go away overnight.

It wont happen

Horn we're talking about the swamp, that cabal of self serving Tories, think u know that."

Aah, I'm with you now, but the electorate got rid of those at the last election

Those divides arent going away.what do you want to be Lionel part of the problem or part of the solution ?

You dont just expose great schisms in society.. let them fester for 3 years and expect them to go away overnight.

It wont happen"

Starmer wishes it would I'm sure

thornaby

Those divides arent going away.what do you want to be Lionel part of the problem or part of the solution ?

It wont happen"

as I suspected Lionel your going to be part of the problem

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

wow if id known back in the late 80s early 90s that leaving the e.u would bring this much shit to politics id of been shouting from the rooftops to leave instead of living in saquts round whitechapel and getting kettled by the police in central london oh well it was good fun so there is that i suppose lol

liverpool

It wont happenas I suspected Lionel your going to be part of the problem "

How am I?

It's done.. its happened

Nothing I can do with change it.

However when the inevitable promises are broken and people who voted for it start whinging, dont expect new to feel an iota of sympathy.

liverpool

It wont happen

Starmer wishes it would I'm sure "

I'm sure he would.

thornaby

It wont happenas I suspected Lionel your going to be part of the problem

How am I?

It's done.. its happened

However when the inevitable promises are broken and people who voted for it start whinging, dont expect new to feel an iota of sympathy."

ffs Lionel mate howay man there’s not a leaver moaning on here guess who does day in day out mate come on get reall who the fuck wants sympathy it’s not leavers if you want me to wipe ya dummy clean just ask I’m a careing bloke I’ll do out to help anyone I don’t do kisses and cuddles tho not my thing lol

liverpool

How am I?

It's done.. its happened

However when the inevitable promises are broken and people who voted for it start whinging, dont expect new to feel an iota of sympathy.ffs Lionel mate howay man there’s not a leaver moaning on here guess who does day in day out mate come on get reall who the fuck wants sympathy it’s not leavers if you want me to wipe ya dummy clean just ask I’m a careing bloke I’ll do out to help anyone I don’t do kisses and cuddles tho not my thing lol"

Just aswell

You ain't my type

thornaby

How am I?

It's done.. its happened

However when the inevitable promises are broken and people who voted for it start whinging, dont expect new to feel an iota of sympathy.ffs Lionel mate howay man there’s not a leaver moaning on here guess who does day in day out mate come on get reall who the fuck wants sympathy it’s not leavers if you want me to wipe ya dummy clean just ask I’m a careing bloke I’ll do out to help anyone I don’t do kisses and cuddles tho not my thing lol

Just aswell

You ain't my type

"

ya mean a leaver pmsl

Derry

It's like boasting about a contract to sell sand to the Saudis. not shamrock ?? to the Irish ?"

First things first. Maybe acknowledge that the UK can't even sell to itself right now. Thats some empire in reverse shit right there, you can't even trade freely within your own national borders.

By *kstallionMan  over a year ago

milton keynes

You seem to have missed out other parts of the deal and only quoted that one. Why would that be?

"seems a shame that so many companies are now ceasing trade betwixt UK and EU on account of the excessive tariffs, taxes and other costly red tape & governmental beaucocracy yes Mercedes BMW VW Audi Peugeot Citroen fiat Bosch Philips all these companies or do you mean big companies?"

Allegro MicroSystems Europe, semiconductors and ICs, owned by Sanken Denki, now importing into EU via Netherlands rather than UK. Amano Enzyme Europe transferred EU stock to warehouse in EU

Anritsu EMEA (sales and service of testing and measuring solutions to communications industry) all EU deliveries now go to second transport hub in Netherlands. Audio Technica established European Distribution Centre in Netherlands for Brexit

Eisai Europe (manufactures pharmaceuticals in Hatfield) transferred centralised marketing authorizations to Frankfurt, established testing and storage facilities in Antwerp. Electric Glass Fiber holding stock in EU

Enplas Europe (semiconductors) acquired warehousing in NL for Brexit. Fujichem Sonneborn opened warehouse in Spain for Brexit. Furukawa Electric Europe shifted warehouse and distribution to Germany.

Furuno (marine electronics) has bonded warehouse in Rotterdam, stockbuilding, obtained Ireland export license to prepare for Brexit. KIP UK (wide format printing) transferred stock to warehouse in Germany for Brexit

Kubota transferred sales & distribution for Nordics & Baltics to Germany in 2018. Lighthouse (signing + labelling machines) set up subsidiary in NL. Margaret Howell clothing (owned by Anglobal) set up additional warehousing + accounting functions on continent for Brexit

Pentax (endoscopic products) moved Ireland distributorship moved away from UK to European HQ in Germany as Brexit contingency. Sodick Europe (electrical discharge machining) bonded warehouse in NL

Sony Europe - turned itself into a branch of Sony Europe BV in Netherlands.

Panasonic Europe in UK became branch of Panasonic Europe in Germany.

Srixon Sports Europe opened a new distribution centre in NL for Brexit. Sumi Agro Europe will use its branch in Germany for post Brexit trading. Ishida Europe (food/beverageprocessing/packaging machines) opened distribution centre in NL.

These are *Just* the Japanese companies

Dyson, who advocated for Brexit, moved to Singapore from the UK because... it would be easier to do business with the EU.

Quoted the wrong person but these are all companies that have moved their operations out of the UK because in the long term staying in the UK would be worse for them.

They don't need a crystal ball for this.

Horn we're talking about the swamp, that cabal of self serving Tories, think u know that.

Aah, I'm with you now, but the electorate got rid of those at the last election "

Correct horn, and I believe joe had 10million votes to spare

You seem to have missed out other parts of the deal and only quoted that one. Why would that be?"

You mean theres more bad news

Preston/Lancaster

How am I?

It's done.. its happened

However when the inevitable promises are broken and people who voted for it start whinging, dont expect new to feel an iota of sympathy.ffs Lionel mate howay man there’s not a leaver moaning on here guess who does day in day out mate come on get reall who the fuck wants sympathy it’s not leavers if you want me to wipe ya dummy clean just ask I’m a careing bloke I’ll do out to help anyone I don’t do kisses and cuddles tho not my thing lol"

Again . . .

Don't know why you are all rattling on about cheese - It's a FREE TRADE AGREED with access to a Market worth £110 Billion and or signed in deal right now at £15 billion. And also provides closer economic ties with 11 other Pacific Rim countries.

Lots of details out there . . . including the full text of each deal . . . if you would just care to look.

and do a wiki for the rest all the detail all the FACTS.

O wait . . . I'll do it for you . . .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trade_agreements_of_the_United_Kingdom#Signed_agreements

milton keynes

You seem to have missed out other parts of the deal and only quoted that one. Why would that be?

You mean theres more bad news "

As Cat has mentioned - try reading it all rather than snippets that suit

[Removed by poster at 09/01/21 19:19:26]

As Cat has mentioned - try reading it all rather than snippets that suit"

I did, it's like a wet dream for Japan for the most part.

Well, I posted all the Japanese companies who have moved out of the UK to the EU despite UK-Japan agreements.

Clearly it's a shit deal if they've all done that

thornaby

"Well, I posted all the Japanese companies who have moved out of the UK to the EU despite UK-Japan agreements.

Clearly it's a shit deal if they've all done that "

well jap si is not moveing staying in Bolton

milton keynes

I did, it's like a wet dream for Japan for the most part."

So you know what EU companies need to do before getting goods into Japan without tariffs then?

milton keynes

"Well, I posted all the Japanese companies who have moved out of the UK to the EU despite UK-Japan agreements.

Clearly it's a shit deal if they've all done that well jap si is not moveing staying in Bolton "

And Nissan staying in Sunderland but moving out of Barcelona

So you know what EU companies need to do before getting goods into Japan without tariffs then?"

The EU and Japan spent years working on a serious free trade deal beneficial to both sides, we took what looks like a rushed poor last minute deal, I guess as a poster above says why have Japanese companies been pulling out.

thornaby

Clearly it's a shit deal if they've all done that well jap si is not moveing staying in Bolton "

it’s an episode on car share before yas hammer me lol

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

Clearly it's a shit deal if they've all done that well jap si is not moveing staying in Bolton it’s an episode on car share before yas hammer me lol"

- “ 'he isn't oriental and he isn't called Simon”

milton keynes

Clearly it's a shit deal if they've all done that well jap si is not moveing staying in Bolton it’s an episode on car share before yas hammer me lol"

If that's the Peter Kay comedy it was one of my favs.

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

"Dyson, who advocated for Brexit, moved to Singapore from the UK because... it would be easier to do business with the EU."

Except they moved to Malaysia in 2002, they moved the headquarters to Singapore as their main market for the new electric cars is Asia, no jobs have been lost in wilts and they have invested 200 million here

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

Clearly it's a shit deal if they've all done that well jap si is not moveing staying in Bolton it’s an episode on car share before yas hammer me lol

If that's the Peter Kay comedy it was one of my favs. "

"Dyson, who advocated for Brexit, moved to Singapore from the UK because... it would be easier to do business with the EU.

Except they moved to Malaysia in 2002, they moved the headquarters to Singapore as their main market for the new electric cars is Asia, no jobs have been lost in wilts and they have invested 200 million here "

FT seems to suggest 100 jobs were moved out of the UK in 2019.

https://www.ft.com/content/300aec4a-3131-11e9-ba00-0251022932c8

Grantham

"Dyson, who advocated for Brexit, moved to Singapore from the UK because... it would be easier to do business with the EU.

Except they moved to Malaysia in 2002, they moved the headquarters to Singapore as their main market for the new electric cars is Asia, no jobs have been lost in wilts and they have invested 200 million here "

Dyson moved production to Malaysia, as production costs were at least 30% cheaper.

Dyson headquartered in Singapore, because their corporation tax is 2% better than the UK.

I've no idea why ppl defend brexit, just punch d*unk from years of Europe bashing I guess.

Panasonic (Moved its European headquarters from the UK to Amsterdam)

P&O (Shifted the registration of its UK vessels to Cyprus)

Sony (Moving European headquarters from the UK to the Netherlands)

AXA (Moved UK staff to Republic due to Brexit)

UBS (Moved €32 billion)

EBA (The European Banking Authority (EBA) closed its Canary Wharf office and will re-open in Paris, France)

Schaeffler (Closed two UK plants because of Brexit)

Flybmi (Went bust, cancelling all flights with immediate effect and blamed Brexit as the main cause of its collapse)

EMA (The European Medicines Agency has closed its doors in the UK with the loss of 900 jobs ahead of Brexit)

MoneyGram (Will move its European headquarters out of London to Brussels)

Nissan (Nissan has reversed plans to invest in new manufacturing capacity in the U.K., citing ‘continuing uncertainty’ around Brexit)

Toyota (Toyota has said that it could end U.K. production as early as 2023 if the country leaves the European Union without a deal)

Body Shop (Body Shop will be making staff redundant in the UK as they move some of their operations to Europe, ahead of Brexit)

Michelin (Michelin announced plans to close its factory in Dundee in 2020, nearly 50 years after it opened and where 845 people are employed)

Thats Just a few.

liverpool

Except they moved to Malaysia in 2002, they moved the headquarters to Singapore as their main market for the new electric cars is Asia, no jobs have been lost in wilts and they have invested 200 million here

Dyson moved production to Malaysia, as production costs were at least 30% cheaper.

Dyson headquartered in Singapore, because their corporation tax is 2% better than the UK. "

Was James Dyson a brexiteer?

Couldn't see it happening in any lifetime. The EU may not be there in 10 yes. They did an excellent job in causing as much disruption and difficulty as they could get away with. Even the Irish government has spoken out against how the EU has left them and other in such a fiasco about what paperwork they must have in place to trade with the UK and only enough with anything going from the Irish ports to EU member states. So interesting to see it's not one sided as some here would have you believe. Paperwork is required from both sides. Brussels is playing catch-up mainly due to them holding out to the last day instead of realising they have a lot to sort out. They're finding it more complicated if I'm right because each member state has a different vat rate.

There was never any question about transition issues but Brussels made it much more difficult imo.

"Couldn't see it happening in any lifetime. The EU may not be there in 10 yes. They did an excellent job in causing as much disruption and difficulty as they could get away with. Even the Irish government has spoken out against how the EU has left them and other in such a fiasco about what paperwork they must have in place to trade with the UK and only enough with anything going from the Irish ports to EU member states. So interesting to see it's not one sided as some here would have you believe. Paperwork is required from both sides. Brussels is playing catch-up mainly due to them holding out to the last day instead of realising they have a lot to sort out. They're finding it more complicated if I'm right because each member state has a different vat rate.

There was never any question about transition issues but Brussels made it much more difficult imo."

Amazing.

It's really fun to watch people blame the EU.

liverpool

"Couldn't see it happening in any lifetime. The EU may not be there in 10 yes. They did an excellent job in causing as much disruption and difficulty as they could get away with. Even the Irish government has spoken out against how the EU has left them and other in such a fiasco about what paperwork they must have in place to trade with the UK and only enough with anything going from the Irish ports to EU member states. So interesting to see it's not one sided as some here would have you believe. Paperwork is required from both sides. Brussels is playing catch-up mainly due to them holding out to the last day instead of realising they have a lot to sort out. They're finding it more complicated if I'm right because each member state has a different vat rate.

There was never any question about transition issues but Brussels made it much more difficult imo.

Amazing.

It's really fun to watch people blame the EU.

"

I actually think its quite amusing.

Everything is there fault and we take no responsibility whatsoever.

And when it invariably goes down the pan..it will be exactly the same

There was never any question about transition issues but Brussels made it much more difficult imo."

One positive for the irish is with our new border in the irish sea it will surely hasten a united Ireland, who would have thought brexiteers wanted a reunited Ireland how ironic.

Manchester

You do know there was no paperwork before Brexit and between the EU countries that is still the case! Dealing with the U.K. is the issue.

Have you been asleep for the last few months?

Different Vat rates were irrelevant because it’s not charged across borders in the EU.

Do you understand a free market?

We are no longer in that free trade zone!

The disruption is 100% our fault and we are paying dearly!

Manchester

Dyson headquartered in Singapore, because their corporation tax is 2% better than the UK.

Was James Dyson a brexiteer?"

I think he was definitely a tax avoider.

milton keynes

So you know what EU companies need to do before getting goods into Japan without tariffs then?

The EU and Japan spent years working on a serious free trade deal beneficial to both sides, we took what looks like a rushed poor last minute deal, I guess as a poster above says why have Japanese companies been pulling out. "

So clearly despite claiming to have read the deal you have not otherwise you would have been able to answer the simple question I asked. Instead you only choose the snippets you like.