FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Boris in intensive care

Boris in intensive care

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *nicecoupleX OP   Couple  over a year ago

Hitch

Terrible news to just hear Boris has been moved to intensive care.

Lets hope he pulls through

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Yes indeed. The last thing the country needs. Hope he gets through this and actually takes a break to recover properly.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Terrible news to just hear Boris has been moved to intensive care.

"

Why would he not pull through? He isn't on a ventilator.

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

"

People do die without being put into a ventilator at times. Hopefully he won’t be put on one but they don’t put a person in intensive care for nothing.

I wish him well

By *rench letterCouple  over a year ago

Chorley,

I don't like the Boris Johnson as a person and would not vote for him. But we wish him well and a full recovery.

"I don't like the Boris Johnson as a person and would not vote for him. But we wish him well and a full recovery. "

By *ake_holeMan  over a year ago

London

"

"

Statistically theres a 50 percent chance. That might be lower due to his age. The guy isnt exactly in good shape either so that plays a part.

"

I hope he makes a full recovery, just like I hope everyone who has the virus gets well soon

"

Statistically theres a 50 percent chance. That might be lower due to his age. The guy isnt exactly in good shape either so that plays a part."

I am sure he will get the best care there is.

By *L RogueMan  over a year ago

London

I wish him a speedy recovery. Hope he gets through the worst.

I hope Boris pulls through this??

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Mention also to Labour MP, Tony Lloyd, who is also in hospital.

Hope all in hospital pull through.

at this time I dont think politics should come into the issue, I really hope he fully recovers and hope his girlfriend only has a very mild strain for the sake of the baby

I really hope he recovers as it seems overnight his condition is getting worse

North Bucks

"Mention also to Labour MP, Tony Lloyd, who is also in hospital.

Hope all in hospital pull through. "

Wish him a speedy recovery

He knew the risks before he went into that hospital to shake everyones hands there.

"at this time I dont think politics should come into the issue, I really hope he fully recovers and hope his girlfriend only has a very mild strain for the sake of the baby

I really hope he recovers as it seems overnight his condition is getting worse

"

Yes the virus doesn't discriminate.

Hope Boris, and all the people who are sick with the virus can make a recovery.

"He knew the risks before he went into that hospital to shake everyones hands there."
Lets hope all the politicians recover from it

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

Good luck to him and to everyone else being treated.

Hopefully this will make it clear that this isn't a joke.

That it doesn't just effect old people. Yes the mortality rate is low but that is because so many staff need to spend so much time and resource to bring people through.

That the "cost" of combatting this is not more than the cure.

It is not a time for politics so I am more than a bit irritated by the interviews describing Johnson as a great leader and being inspirational and having been elected in a personal mandate.

Also the rebranding of "Dom" Raab.

It's all unpleasant to see when discussion about this should be non-partisan.

North Bucks

"Good luck to him and to everyone else being treated.

Hopefully this will make it clear that this isn't a joke.

That it doesn't just effect old people. Yes the mortality rate is low but that is because so many staff need to spend so much time and resource to bring people through.

That the "cost" of combatting this is not more than the cure.

It is not a time for politics so I am more than a bit irritated by the interviews describing Johnson as a great leader and being inspirational and having been elected in a personal mandate.

Also the rebranding of "Dom" Raab.

It's all unpleasant to see when discussion about this should be non-partisan."

I agree though politics should not be involved in time’s like these. I have seen some terrible tweets about the situation wishing him real harm.

Would send good wishes to anyone experiencing this but, just something doesn't sit right with me ....dont ask my why, no idea, just a niggle.

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

Hopefully, he will recover. On a human scale, it would be as much a tragedy for his family, as it would for anyone else's, if he died.

On a political level, it would be bad news because, for all his shortcomings, all of his possible successors are even worse.

Fate can be perverse and cruel. He just talked about herd immunity and ignored what is happening in Europe and is now fighting for his life. Sad but true.

We hope that he and others will recover soon

"Hopefully, he will recover. On a human scale, it would be as much a tragedy for his family, as it would for anyone else's, if he died.

On a political level, it would be bad news because, for all his shortcomings, all of his possible successors are even worse."

Johnson's popularity is the glue that holds this government together and gives them credibility with a lot of the electorate. Without him, the incompetent bunch of cretins he has promoted to cabinet positions would soon be exposed for exactly what they are, so they should be praying that he makes a full recovery very soon.

By *annyboy2Man  over a year ago

swansea

"

Statistically theres a 50 percent chance. That might be lower due to his age. The guy isnt exactly in good shape either so that plays a part.

I am sure he will get the best care there is. "

As well he should being the PM and all.

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

Boris is clinically stable in ICU. Latest update.Responding to treatment, still on oxygen, but no ventilator

North Bucks

"Boris is clinically stable in ICU. Latest update.Responding to treatment, still on oxygen, but no ventilator "

chelmsford

"Boris is clinically stable in ICU. Latest update.Responding to treatment, still on oxygen, but no ventilator

"

West London

Interesting point about the language used to describe survival.

About being strong and fighting a battle.

It sounds positive. However,there is an underlying implication that if you do not survive it's because you were weak or did not fight hard enough.

It's not intentional of course and may be a way of us constructing a story that we can live with that explains why some survive and some don't.

The danger is this allows an excuse for not doing enough.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/boris-johnson-coronavirus-icu-dominic-raab-fighter-a9455756.html

North Bucks

"Interesting point about the language used to describe survival.

It sounds positive. However,there is an underlying implication that if you do not survive it's because you were weak or did not fight hard enough.

It's not intentional of course and may be a way of us constructing a story that we can live with that explains why some survive and some don't.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/boris-johnson-coronavirus-icu-dominic-raab-fighter-a9455756.html"

I think the underlying implications are picked up on by people like Owen Jones who feel the need to have a pop at anything.

Those terms are used frequently and do no disservice to those who have sadly passed to this terrible virus in my humble opinion.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/boris-johnson-coronavirus-icu-dominic-raab-fighter-a9455756.html"

Similar sentiment expressed in https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/there-is-nothing-tough-about-beating-coronavirus

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

They must be running out of crap to put in the newspapers.Whatever words were used someone would have made something out of it.This petty picking apart of everything that is said the way it is said and the words used are the very reason i do not but newspapers as probably one page is worth reading and the rest is full up with either total rubbish or speculation.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/boris-johnson-coronavirus-icu-dominic-raab-fighter-a9455756.html

I think the underlying implications are picked up on by people like Owen Jones who feel the need to have a pop at anything.

Those terms are used frequently and do no disservice to those who have sadly passed to this terrible virus in my humble opinion. "

What's owen jones said?

North Bucks

Those terms are used frequently and do no disservice to those who have sadly passed to this terrible virus in my humble opinion.

What's owen jones said?"

Check his Twitter. For some reason it won’t load for me at the moment.

liverpool

What's owen jones said?

Check his Twitter. For some reason it won’t load for me at the moment. "

Cant say I disagree with too much.His piece on The sun is spot on.

North Bucks

What's owen jones said?

Cant say I disagree with too much.His piece on The sun is spot on."

If you called Joe Public a fighter for battling an illness would anyone take offence of the term?

liverpool

What's owen jones said?

If you called Joe Public a fighter for battling an illness would anyone take offence of the term?

"

Depends what the context is?

North Bucks

What's owen jones said?

Depends what the context is?"

I don’t see the harm in using it in the Boris context or any other fighting the virus.

Do you see any harm in the Boris context?

liverpool

What's owen jones said?

I don’t see the harm in using it in the Boris context or any other fighting the virus.

Do you see any harm in the Boris context? "

Hang on..let me see what he has said.

liverpool

What's owen jones said?

Do you see any harm in the Boris context? "

I can't see where he has tweeted about Johnson.He has retweeted that ridiculous piece on the front of the sun.

North Bucks

What's owen jones said?

I can't see where he has tweeted about Johnson.He has retweeted that ridiculous piece on the front of the sun."

“Can we wish Boris Johnson a full recovery without all this "He is a fighter" nonsense, which suggests that those who die because of horrible illnesses somehow just didn't put up enough of a fight, which is obviously nonsense”

liverpool

What's owen jones said?

I can't see where he has tweeted about Johnson.He has retweeted that ridiculous piece on the front of the sun.

“Can we wish Boris Johnson a full recovery without all this "He is a fighter" nonsense, which suggests that those who die because of horrible illnesses somehow just didn't put up enough of a fight, which is obviously nonsense”"

I can see the sense in what he is saying as there is already a narrative/myth being established (the front of the sun today for example)

I suppose you could argue he is reading too much into the "fighter'analogy but he is normally quite spot on imo.

North Bucks

What's owen jones said?

“Can we wish Boris Johnson a full recovery without all this "He is a fighter" nonsense, which suggests that those who die because of horrible illnesses somehow just didn't put up enough of a fight, which is obviously nonsense”

I can see the sense in what he is saying as there is already a narrative/myth being established (the front of the sun today for example)

I suppose you could argue he is reading too much into the "fighter'analogy but he is normally quite spot on imo.

"

I don’t give the Sun the time of day. I refuse to click that shit so to speak. No idea what’s on their front page.

liverpool

What's owen jones said?

I don’t give the Sun the time of day. I refuse to click that shit so to speak. No idea what’s on their front page. "

Well many people do buy it.

Think it's still the biggest seller in the country.

North Bucks

What's owen jones said?

I don’t give the Sun the time of day. I refuse to click that shit so to speak. No idea what’s on their front page.

Think it's still the biggest seller in the country."

I actually learnt about the sun when I came to your city. I didn’t realise the feeling was that strong until I saw the stickers around the town.

liverpool

What's owen jones said?

Think it's still the biggest seller in the country.

I actually learnt about the sun when I came to your city. I didn’t realise the feeling was that strong until I saw the stickers around the town. "

Its always been a poisonous rag.

West London

Those terms are used frequently and do no disservice to those who have sadly passed to this terrible virus in my humble opinion. "

Language has an effect even if it not deliberate. Specific language was frequently used to describe ethnic minorities, without any malice, but it had an effect.

Describing something as a battle where the strong and resolute survive and the weak or undeserving lose sets a tone.

Again, just to underline the point, it is not deliberately intending to denigrate those who do not survive but it is intended to make Johnson look "strong"even though the outcome will be due to luck rather than judgement.

Te meaning that you take from language is often subliminal rather than overt. That's why some works move you and others on the same subject with the same opinion do nothing.

West London

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/boris-johnson-coronavirus-icu-dominic-raab-fighter-a9455756.htmlThey must be running out of crap to put in the newspapers.Whatever words were used someone would have made something out of it.This petty picking apart of everything that is said the way it is said and the words used are the very reason i do not but newspapers as probably one page is worth reading and the rest is full up with either total rubbish or speculation."

I cannot compel you to think beyond an us vs them mentality.

There is some subtelty here which you could consider should you wish to.

North Bucks

Language has an effect even if it not deliberate. Specific language was frequently used to describe ethnic minorities, without any malice, but it had an effect.

Describing something as a battle where the strong and resolute survive and the weak or undeserving lose sets a tone.

Again, just to underline the point, it is not deliberately intending to denigrate those who do not survive but it is intended to make Johnson look "strong"even though the outcome will be due to luck rather than judgement.

Te meaning that you take from language is often subliminal rather than overt. That's why some works move you and others on the same subject with the same opinion do nothing."

Looking objectively. Do you think if the words were used with a more sympathetic character in mind people wouldn’t be so hurt?

West London

Similar sentiment expressed in https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/there-is-nothing-tough-about-beating-coronavirus

"

It's interesting with perhaps the luxury of more time to think that the meaning of certain expressions maybe become more apparent.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

Te meaning that you take from language is often subliminal rather than overt. That's why some works move you and others on the same subject with the same opinion do nothing."

Very true. We have been here before on the use and subtlety of language - late September 2019.

Imminent?

Two things- if the government’s opinion is that he’s doing really because he is sitting up, I suggest they seek a medical opinion. Pneumonic patients usually sit up.....

Two- I’d be scared to death if Raab said he had a really good feeling all would be fine, based on his ability to be so wrong

By *coptoCouple  over a year ago

Côte d'Azur & Great Yarmouth

Our youngest daughter studied the “use and subtlety of language” at Uni: how to form people’s attitudes and opinions without them even being aware of it (Hitler didn’t take over Germany by military coup or armed conflict - he was VOTED into power and his 1932 “Hitler über Deutschland” presidential campaign was pure genius). “Disabled” is somebody who would have been fit and strong were it not for something out of their control; a “handicapped” person is of no use to society. Anybody can be temporarily “jobless”, but the “unemployed” are worthless scroungers living on benefits. She’s not sure whether to pursue a career with red top tabloids or political speech-writing.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/boris-johnson-coronavirus-icu-dominic-raab-fighter-a9455756.htmlThey must be running out of crap to put in the newspapers.Whatever words were used someone would have made something out of it.This petty picking apart of everything that is said the way it is said and the words used are the very reason i do not but newspapers as probably one page is worth reading and the rest is full up with either total rubbish or speculation.

I cannot compel you to think beyond an us vs them mentality.

There is some subtelty here which you could consider should you wish to."

What us and them mentality? you really do have a strange way of looking at peoples comments.I suggest to take some of your own advice.

West London

Te meaning that you take from language is often subliminal rather than overt. That's why some works move you and others on the same subject with the same opinion do nothing.

Looking objectively. Do you think if the words were used with a more sympathetic character in mind people wouldn’t be so hurt? "

I don't think that there is any suggestion that people are "hurt" or " offended" by what was said.

It's just an interesting side-effect.

Although from a political perspective characterising Boris Johnson as "strong" and "tenacious" by merely surviving an illness generates a positive spin even if that has absolutely no baring on his decision making or leadership ability.

I am not saying that is being done deliberately in this case.

North Bucks

Looking objectively. Do you think if the words were used with a more sympathetic character in mind people wouldn’t be so hurt?

I don't think that there is any suggestion that people are "hurt" or " offended" by what was said.

Although from a political perspective characterising Boris Johnson as "strong" and "tenacious" by merely surviving an illness generates a positive spin even if that has absolutely no baring on his decision making or leadership ability.

I am not saying that is being done deliberately in this case."

Certainly a few people on Twitter that seem hurt by it.

But that’s Twitter sometimes.

On the positive side he seems to be doing well.

liverpool

I am not saying that is being done deliberately in this case."

I think it probally is.

chelmsford

Boris has been moved back to a ward

North Bucks

"Boris has been moved back to a ward "

chelmsford

"Boris has been moved back to a ward

"

Glad he's on the mend. Hoping now he's seen first hand how the NHS work he will approve some sort of pay rise!

» Add a new message to this topic