FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Stray cats.

Stray cats.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

We have a cat which is neglected and not looked after for years her name is “Tilly” so for years I’ve fought to keep her out as I have my Pablo. There are moments I find her on my step and I have to ignore her. We feed her out door. I’ve even treated her with vet flea and worm treatment. So just now I’ve gone upstairs and Tilly cat is asleep on my Bed!! Pablo cat ( my cat) he’s known her since a kitten is asleep by her. Feel so bad kicking her out

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Is there a reason you don't want her in the house?

"Is there a reason you don't want her in the house? "

She has fleas.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Is there a reason you don't want her in the house?

She has fleas. "

Fair enough. We wouldn't want her in our house either.

Have you considered contacting the cats protection league? They'd look after her.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Poor little Tilly. Is there a cats protection you could take her to? I’m sure someone will be able to give her a home and look after her? She sounds lovely but you’re right, it’s not fair in Pablo

She has fleas. "

Fleas are very easy to treat! You could give her treatment yourself, or take her to the vet's for a thorough treatment. It shouldn't be expensive at all.

"We have a cat which is neglected and not looked after for years her name is “Tilly” so for years I’ve fought to keep her out as I have my Pablo. There are moments I find her on my step and I have to ignore her. We feed her out door. I’ve even treated her with vet flea and worm treatment. So just now I’ve gone upstairs and Tilly cat is asleep on my Bed!! Pablo cat ( my cat) he’s known her since a kitten is asleep by her. Feel so bad kicking her out "

She has chosen you.

By *ojos party boyMan  over a year ago

Merseyside

"We have a cat which is neglected and not looked after for years her name is “Tilly” so for years I’ve fought to keep her out as I have my Pablo. There are moments I find her on my step and I have to ignore her. We feed her out door. I’ve even treated her with vet flea and worm treatment. So just now I’ve gone upstairs and Tilly cat is asleep on my Bed!! Pablo cat ( my cat) he’s known her since a kitten is asleep by her. Feel so bad kicking her out

She has chosen you."

It is known.

She has fleas.

Fleas are very easy to treat! You could give her treatment yourself, or take her to the vet's for a thorough treatment. It shouldn't be expensive at all."

I’ve treated her many of times , and knocked at my neighbours who’s cat she is. Unfortunately they don’t care for her. I will next week seek advice from my vet as I’m going with my Pablo. She’s currently sat in a ball in my hall. I’ll leave her be on this cold night.

Bless poor Tilly owners are scum

"Bless poor Tilly owners are scum"

She’s so loving as well, feel so sly on her

I just worry if she’s obviously got fleas and ticks they will go into my carpet, and spread. I feel bad kicking her out. But cba with a de flea infection of my home

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Bless poor Tilly owners are scum

She’s so loving as well, feel so sly on her "

If you contact cats protection they'll take her in and sort her out.

She has fleas.

Fleas are very easy to treat! You could give her treatment yourself, or take her to the vet's for a thorough treatment. It shouldn't be expensive at all.

I’ve treated her many of times , and knocked at my neighbours who’s cat she is. Unfortunately they don’t care for her. I will next week seek advice from my vet as I’m going with my Pablo. She’s currently sat in a ball in my hall. I’ll leave her be on this cold night. "

There may be an underlying reason for the infestation, but whatever the result, thank you for looking after her. You're a good human.

If you contact cats protection they'll take her in and sort her out. "

But she’s my neighbours as such (opposite) she has visible ticks and fleas. I’d have her tomorrow no problem. But they won’t let me

"I just worry if she’s obviously got fleas and ticks they will go into my carpet, and spread. I feel bad kicking her out. But cba with a de flea infection of my home "

If she has ticks and they’ve been there for a while, she’ll need to be looked at by a vet anyway as they can make them really poorly. Might explain why she’s tried to find her way indoors if she’s not very well.

Your neighbours really shouldn’t be allowed to keep animals if they can’t look after them It shouldn’t be your responsibility to do and it shouldn’t come out of your pocket because your neighbours are irresponsible pet owners

Forum Mod

East Sussex

If you contact cats protection they'll take her in and sort her out.

But she’s my neighbours as such (opposite) she has visible ticks and fleas. I’d have her tomorrow no problem. But they won’t let me "

It's a tough one. You're between a rock and a hard place.

Good luck whatever you decide

"I just worry if she’s obviously got fleas and ticks they will go into my carpet, and spread. I feel bad kicking her out. But cba with a de flea infection of my home

If she has ticks and they’ve been there for a while, she’ll need to be looked at by a vet anyway as they can make them really poorly. Might explain why she’s tried to find her way indoors if she’s not very well.

Your neighbours really shouldn’t be allowed to keep animals if they can’t look after them It shouldn’t be your responsibility to do and it shouldn’t come out of your pocket because your neighbours are irresponsible pet owners "

I’m going to ask my vet next week. And I’ll take her. She is such a beautiful cat, but she has visible ticks and fleas. My Pablo cat has known her from when he was a kitten as she’s always seeked shelter in mine. She’s very loving but you can tell she’s been hurt she hisses abs play bites as a warning

Poor poor car being out on her own in this cold.

This is gonna sound harsh and I don’t mean it too at all........

Haven’t you got 1 room you can keep her in overnight that’s warm, stick a bit good down.

Then tomorrow phone whoever, could you cope with the guilt if she died of the cold or got hit because you didn’t want her in the house?.

"Poor poor car being out on her own in this cold.

Haven’t you got 1 room you can keep her in overnight that’s warm, stick a bit good down.

Then tomorrow phone whoever, could you cope with the guilt if she died of the cold or got hit because you didn’t want her in the house?.

"

I’ve just said. She’s in my hall. I’ll leave her be

She has fleas.

I’ve treated her many of times , and knocked at my neighbours who’s cat she is. Unfortunately they don’t care for her. I will next week seek advice from my vet as I’m going with my Pablo. She’s currently sat in a ball in my hall. I’ll leave her be on this cold night. "

See here

"Poor poor car being out on her own in this cold.

"

Sorry I didn’t mean to sound harsh. It’s just hard having a cat that’s de flead an wormed regularly, and Tilly cat isn’t , my whole house will need treating as she will fall eggs and it’s a nightmare, I know this believe me I’m not a monster. But as I said I look after her and I’m taking steps to have her as mine

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

She has fleas. "

That’s a good reason

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

Both of my neighbours have cats that are left out and often are outside mewing to be let in, poor things I’m not a cat person so I don’t want to encourage them into my house just because their owners don’t take care of them.

Cats seem to be easily abandoned by owners these days

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I'd probably aim to discuss her with her owners, as they may want to let her move on to a loving home. The PDSA or cats protection may help to ensure that she's got good health etc.

It's possible that fleas will stay in your hpme tonight though.

Thanks for helping brighten her life.

"I'd probably aim to discuss her with her owners, as they may want to let her move on to a loving home. The PDSA or cats protection may help to ensure that she's got good health etc.

It's possible that fleas will stay in your hpme tonight though.

Thanks for helping brighten her life. "

She’s currently sat in the corner of my bedroom, Pablo is fuming and moved to the spare room. I am at the vets Friday for pablos 12 month check I will speak with the vet then. In the meantime I’ll spray my house tomorrow

By *abarellaWoman  over a year ago

Warminster

My neighbours cat now lives mostly with me. She turned up last summer when he went on holiday for two weeks!

I de flea and worm her every four weeks with my cats and not a problem at all.

She chose my house even though my boys dont really welcome her.

"My neighbours cat now lives mostly with me. She turned up last summer when he went on holiday for two weeks!

She chose my house even though my boys dont really welcome her. "

I am going to start doing this. Only thing is getting a prescription for her, the vet might not do one as she’s not “legally” my cat.

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"My neighbours cat now lives mostly with me. She turned up last summer when he went on holiday for two weeks!

She chose my house even though my boys dont really welcome her.

I am going to start doing this. Only thing is getting a prescription for her, the vet might not do one as she’s not “legally” my cat. "

Oh good luck with her.Just as well you're looking after her

» Add a new message to this topic