FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > How good are you with horrors?

How good are you with horrors?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Can you watch them alone at night no problem, or do you avoid it by all costs and even get frightened when fighting wraiths in video games

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm great with horrors, I've watched them since I was a young lad, they always fascinated me

I've found as I've gotten older, I've had less stomach for really heavy horror.

Watched Bone Tomahawk a couple of years ago and one scene scarred me for a few weeks. Amazing that a film can have that effect but really didn't want to rewatch it too soon.

General monster stuff I'm totally fine with though

I love horrors. I like watching horror games rather than playing them.. Cos I'm a wimp like that. XD.

I love horror films.. But I need to watch them with someone... they get in to my head.. lol.

Besides.. What's better than snuggling up to someone when watching a horror film ???

Watched many many horrors, very rarely alone but i can do, just stick a cartoon on after to help me sleep lol!

I really like them but I never get scared! I try to get myself scared though but watching them alone with the lights off but never works

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

Love them. Happily watch them anytime, alone or with company.

One of my favourite times of the year is Halloween week where I binge on loads of horrors.

I have screamed in the cinema a few times love a horror!

"Love them. Happily watch them anytime, alone or with company.

One of my favourite times of the year is Halloween week where I binge on loads of horrors. "

Halloween is awesome!!!!!!! My favourite holiday!! Even get dressed up. Haha.

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

"I really like them but I never get scared! I try to get myself scared though but watching them alone with the lights off but never works "

Me too! I used to get scared, I would have to jump off the bed to go to the toilet during the night in case something grabbed me from under the bed, but I've lost that fear

Hillside desolate

"I have screamed in the cinema a few times love a horror!"

I love a good jump scare

"I really like them but I never get scared! I try to get myself scared though but watching them alone with the lights off but never works

Me too! I used to get scared, I would have to jump off the bed to go to the toilet during the night in case something grabbed me from under the bed, but I've lost that fear "

Same! I miss it. If you find any scary ones give me a heads up

Hillside desolate

"I really like them but I never get scared! I try to get myself scared though but watching them alone with the lights off but never works

Me too! I used to get scared, I would have to jump off the bed to go to the toilet during the night in case something grabbed me from under the bed, but I've lost that fear

Same! I miss it. If you find any scary ones give me a heads up "

And you

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

I watch them behind a pillow

Horrors are much better when cuddled up with someone

Horror junkie me. Closed curtains, lights off and bring the fear. The more disquieting the better. I love going to bed after a horror petrified

And Bone Tomahawk is one of my faves. Utterly disturbing! it was on film 4 last night .

"Watched many many horrors, very rarely alone but i can do, just stick a cartoon on after to help me sleep lol!"
When someone mentions cartoon and horror it reminds me of, Courage the cowardly dog cartoon, it gave me nightmares as a kid

I never watch them. Why scare yourself.

Bham

One of my favourite times of the year is Halloween week where I binge on loads of horrors.

Halloween is awesome!!!!!!! My favourite holiday!! Even get dressed up. Haha. "

Yes!! Love horror costumes!! Zombies are quite sexy. I like your skull dress too

Hillside desolate

"I never watch them. Why scare yourself. "

It's like a milder version of bungee jumping or skydiving, a wee thrill.

By *rmrs1234Couple  over a year ago

Waterford

Nope im not able for them. They get into my head and i have nightmares lol. I watched one with himself and i had to sleep with the light on for a week. Such a baby lol

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

The likes of saw etc, forget it. If it's a suspense horror film I'm OK. I don't like blood and gore.

"I've found as I've gotten older, I've had less stomach for really heavy horror.

Watched Bone Tomahawk a couple of years ago and one scene scarred me for a few weeks. Amazing that a film can have that effect but really didn't want to rewatch it too soon.

General monster stuff I'm totally fine with though"

Do it depends on type then?

I can't do any, demons, ghosts, aliens, monsters, all too scary!

"I love horrors. I like watching horror games rather than playing them.. Cos I'm a wimp like that. XD.

I love horror films.. But I need to watch them with someone... they get in to my head.. lol.

Besides.. What's better than snuggling up to someone when watching a horror film ??? "

I think I would have to be the little spoon in that scenario

Bham

"Horror junkie me. Closed curtains, lights off and bring the fear. The more disquieting the better. I love going to bed after a horror petrified

And Bone Tomahawk is one of my faves. Utterly disturbing! it was on film 4 last night ."

Nice one! I've been meaning to watch bone tomahawk, it was saved on my sky box but when I went to watch it it must have expired and wasn't on catch up. Just downloading it again now. So, do I go to bed or watch it now

"I'm great with horrors, I've watched them since I was a young lad, they always fascinated me "

Should see my sky recording history

"Nope im not able for them. They get into my head and i have nightmares lol. I watched one with himself and i had to sleep with the light on for a week. Such a baby lol"

The nightmares are the icing on the cake! That means you've seen a great horror movie that's touched your soul.

Bham

"I never watch them. Why scare yourself.

It's like a milder version of bungee jumping or skydiving, a wee thrill. "

See, I'd never do bungee jumping or a sky dive, but horrors yes!

"I'm great with horrors, I've watched them since I was a young lad, they always fascinated me

Should see my sky recording history "

Should see my dvd collection

Yes!! Love horror costumes!! Zombies are quite sexy. I like your skull dress too "

Thank you!!! I have 2 skull dresses! Different styles! Love all things spooky!!

"Nope im not able for them. They get into my head and i have nightmares lol. I watched one with himself and i had to sleep with the light on for a week. Such a baby lol

The nightmares are the icing on the cake! That means you've seen a great horror movie that's touched your soul. "

I have enough nightmares as it is. Horror movies don't give me nightmares... life does!

"Horror junkie me. Closed curtains, lights off and bring the fear. The more disquieting the better. I love going to bed after a horror petrified

And Bone Tomahawk is one of my faves. Utterly disturbing! it was on film 4 last night .

Nice one! I've been meaning to watch bone tomahawk, it was saved on my sky box but when I went to watch it it must have expired and wasn't on catch up. Just downloading it again now. So, do I go to bed or watch it now "

Just fucking watch it. Kurt Russell is excellent in it. Thank me in the morning

"I love horrors. I like watching horror games rather than playing them.. Cos I'm a wimp like that. XD.

Besides.. What's better than snuggling up to someone when watching a horror film ???

I think I would have to be the little spoon in that scenario "

Hmmm.. threesome horror movie watching ?? You be the little spoon for me.. I can be the little spoon for someone else ?? Lol

"Nope im not able for them. They get into my head and i have nightmares lol. I watched one with himself and i had to sleep with the light on for a week. Such a baby lol

The nightmares are the icing on the cake! That means you've seen a great horror movie that's touched your soul.

I have enough nightmares as it is. Horror movies don't give me nightmares... life does! "

I love a good nightmare, I remember ones I had as a child

By *orthantsblueeyesMan  over a year ago

Northampton

I have enough nightmares as it is. Horror movies don't give me nightmares... life does!

I love a good nightmare, I remember ones I had as a child "

Wouldn't dreaming of unicorns and happy be more enjoyable though?

Bham

Yes!! Love horror costumes!! Zombies are quite sexy. I like your skull dress too

Thank you!!! I have 2 skull dresses! Different styles! Love all things spooky!! "

Nice.

Only 9 months to go

Bham

Nice one! I've been meaning to watch bone tomahawk, it was saved on my sky box but when I went to watch it it must have expired and wasn't on catch up. Just downloading it again now. So, do I go to bed or watch it now

Just fucking watch it. Kurt Russell is excellent in it. Thank me in the morning "

You've convinced me !

Wouldn't dreaming of unicorns and happy be more enjoyable though?"

Haha no

Wouldn't dreaming of unicorns and happy be more enjoyable though?

Haha no "

See... now you have to tell us about the nightmares.. I love a good story. So start spilling!!!

Please ???

"I've found as I've gotten older, I've had less stomach for really heavy horror.

General monster stuff I'm totally fine with though

Do it depends on type then?

I can't do any, demons, ghosts, aliens, monsters, all too scary!"

I think it's the sense of dread or despair that some film makers can create rather than the antagonist.

Bone Tomahawk is just unswervingly miserable at times. I guess films like Dead Man's Shoes evoke the same feeling without being as visually disturbing.

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

I can't do horror, especially the explicit violent kind.

Not for me.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Hate them. I last watched one in around 1987 and vowed never to again.

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

"Can you watch them alone at night no problem, or do you avoid it by all costs and even get frightened when fighting wraiths in video games "

I'm terrible with jump scares and creepy films.

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

I don't like horror movies, especially slasher like Scream. Its not because they scare me but because the things they depict are not things I want to see. I don't get the appeal of watching a graphic representation of a knife being plunged into somebody's chest while they die in terror. The non-gory ones just don't do anything for me either. Luke

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

I’m yet to find one that that really scares me

I love them but a lot of the stories are the same so you know what’s coming

If anyone knows of one that’s really really scary then let me know

Xxxx

By *manaWoman  over a year ago

Basingstoke

I love a good horror

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

I like a good horror movie, though I'm not into blood and gore. I like old 70s/80s films, Halloween, Poltergeist, The Omen, Don't Look Now.

By *orksRockerMan  over a year ago

Bradford

I like a good horror flick. The don't scare me but there have been a couple that have creeped me out.

Mothman Prophecies - the way this is shot with camera effects and some sequences with sound design. It still gets me un-nerved.

Hereditary - wasn't expecting alot and wow, this is a modern classic!

By *ily WhiteWoman  over a year ago

?

I love horror films, but not particularly slashers - give me something that gets in my head and creeps me out

By *ablo minibar123Woman  over a year ago

I don't mind horrors, I enjoy the jumping and the screaming, unless I'm watching by myself and get really emersed into it then I'm watching behind my hands which can be embarrassing in the cinema.

I'm good with horror, it's one of my favourite genres and I've been watching them since I was quite young so I guess I'm used to it.

Some do still creep me out, but in a fun way.

By *orenzoVonMatterhornMan  over a year ago

Lincoln

Pretty awful... although I don't mind a horror-y thriller or general horror themes. I enjoyed Event Horizon for instance.

By * Sophie xTV/TS  over a year ago

Derby

Not been scared by a horror in far too long but if you give me something that's so close to becoming an actual reality, that gets me worried.

Have a good watch of one of the episodes of Black Mirror called Metalhead.

The reality of that is as close as a few months away if not possible already...that's scary!

By *heekyFlirtyCoupleCouple  over a year ago

stockport

"Can you watch them alone at night no problem, or do you avoid it by all costs and even get frightened when fighting wraiths in video games "

I love to watch them. Doesn’t bother me if I’m alone or not. Although I’ve never felt I’ve wanted to go to the cinema and watch one, there’s something more spooky in walking out after in the cold night air. Hubby hates them so he won’t watch them (unless they have zombies!)

"Not been scared by a horror in far too long but if you give me something that's so close to becoming an actual reality, that gets me worried.

The reality of that is as close as a few months away if not possible already...that's scary!"

How about VR horror then?

Derby

"Not been scared by a horror in far too long but if you give me something that's so close to becoming an actual reality, that gets me worried.

The reality of that is as close as a few months away if not possible already...that's scary!

How about VR horror then?"

Ahhhh thats a good idea...need to get myself a headset

I love horror films! Have no problems watching alone!

Derby

"I love horror films! Have no problems watching alone! "

It's much more fun with someone else who's jumpy though and you catch it out of the corner of your eye when they crap themselves

How about VR horror then?

Ahhhh thats a good idea...need to get myself a headset "

And chest paddles with an EP!

"I love horror films! Have no problems watching alone!

It's much more fun with someone else who's jumpy though and you catch it out of the corner of your eye when they crap themselves "

Ha ha I agree! Most people I know won’t even watch them though!!!

By *omesticated_VixenWoman  over a year ago

sw London

I can’t watch them hubby has to watch them when I am not around x

Derby

It's much more fun with someone else who's jumpy though and you catch it out of the corner of your eye when they crap themselves

Ha ha I agree! Most people I know won’t even watch them though!!!"

Chickens!

Well if you ever want to see who jumps first you've only got to pic the film

By *forfun500Couple  over a year ago

walsall

Dont mind horrors but I prefer to chill out and watch a film rather than waiting to jump out my skin lol

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

There arent any really scary horror flicks nowadays.

You can see the script in your mind before anything happens.

"There arent any really scary horror flicks nowadays.

You can see the script in your mind before anything happens."

Oh I hate predictability!!! Biggest thing that'll stop me watching a film!

By *uryWhipMan  over a year ago

Harringay

Horror movies are big part of my personal culture. Been watching them since I was a child and have a hard drive full of horror flicks. Enjoy a good horror book/comic too. The only movie that has ever scared the shit out of me was Arachnaphobia. Still cant sit through that one.

"Horror movies are big part of my personal culture. Been watching them since I was a child and have a hard drive full of horror flicks. Enjoy a good horror book/comic too. The only movie that has ever scared the shit out of me was Arachnaphobia. Still cant sit through that one."

I remember watching that when it came out on video, my dad rented it for us to watch, I loved it

By *otsossieMan  over a year ago

Chez/Sheff

I don’t do horror.

By *tew008Man  over a year ago

edinburgh

Not that bothered by them most are daft anyway.

By *sm81Couple  over a year ago

warwickshire

Cannot watch them and get really freaked out!

Was never phased by them really up until recently.

I can still watch them but what gets me is that someone has thought of those things. That's the bit I find most disturbing. Since coming out the other side of a toxic relationship with my ex it makes you realise that there are people who don't just think things, they do them too.

P

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I jump fairly easily and let out noises, not quite screams but love horrors. Ive not seen anything good in years though dislike extreme butchery.

Chickens!

Well if you ever want to see who jumps first you've only got to pic the film "

Hmmmm something we’ve both not seen so we don’t know what’s coming!

Chickens!

"

Not a 'make you jump' movie but I can recommend The Witch (directed by Robert Eggers), it's a 90 minute exercise in anxiety. Left me feeling unsettled. Loved it! Very original take on the genre.

By *andybeachWoman  over a year ago

In the middle

Horror and ghost stories are my favourite genre, not necessarily slasher films as you just get fed up of the blood n gore, but a creepy spine tingly ghost story gets me every time

They don't do anything for me at all..

Chickens!

Not a 'make you jump' movie but I can recommend The Witch (directed by Robert Eggers), it's a 90 minute exercise in anxiety. Left me feeling unsettled. Loved it! Very original take on the genre. "

Is that the one with the English actors? They live in the middle of nowhere? I think I’ve seen it.

What's everyone's favourite?

Chickens!

Not a 'make you jump' movie but I can recommend The Witch (directed by Robert Eggers), it's a 90 minute exercise in anxiety. Left me feeling unsettled. Loved it! Very original take on the genre.

Is that the one with the English actors? They live in the middle of nowhere? I think I’ve seen it. "

Yeah that's the one. English family move to America set in 17th century.

What did you think to it?

I watch them in the day time

Chickens!

Is that the one with the English actors? They live in the middle of nowhere? I think I’ve seen it.

What did you think to it? "

I think struggled with it at first but if I remember correctly it was quite unnerving and a good ending!

By *ovLady87Woman  over a year ago

coventry

I used to love watching horrors and would happily sit and watch them in the dark on my own but as I’ve got older I’ve turned into a big baby and will usually cover my face with a cushion and ask hubby what is happening haha I think though it could be that the special effects in horrors now are so realistic.

Has anyone ever been in pasaje del terror? I went in when I was 13 with my older brother and thought it was great although the actors stayed in their places and didn’t touch you.. went in again a few years back and omg I hated it.. I froze in the corner of the room with the exorcist and she jumped off the bed and chased me.. I spent the rest of the time in there with my head literally up the jumper of the guy in front of me so I didn’t see anything!! Never again!!

"What's everyone's favourite? "

Hmmm I can’t pick one. I like Stephen King and Misery is my fav of his! I found The Ring probably freaked me out more then any other film has done before. Dare I admit but I liked films like the Saw and Hostel ones plus Paranormal activity!

"What's everyone's favourite?

Hmmm I can’t pick one. I like Stephen King and Misery is my fav of his! I found The Ring probably freaked me out more then any other film has done before. Dare I admit but I liked films like the Saw and Hostel ones plus Paranormal activity! "

I do really enjoy both his books and most of the film adaptations.

Hostel 1 and 2 were good and so was the saw franchise, had a good over arching story that tied them together really well.

I mostly love 8os horror, love the evil dead franchise

By *wist my nipplesCouple  over a year ago

North East Scotland, mostly

Absolutely shit. On a very early date with Mr TMN he took me to the cinema to see Hostel. I fainted

Mrs TMN x

Chickens!

What did you think to it?

I think struggled with it at first but if I remember correctly it was quite unnerving and a good ending! "

Yeah the dialogue takes some getting used to but I also loved the way it built to the finale.

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

Southern Wales

I’m watching The Cleanse. I think it may be a horror.

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

I'm pretty much fine, from the nightmares film series to the Saw series, I haven't really seen a horror that causes me to much trouble they are only movies.

"I’m watching The Cleanse. I think it may be a horror. "

Is it any good?

By *hatYorkLadMan  over a year ago

York

They don't bother me as I know it's not real, I enjoy a good scary horror but I'm not into the ones that are basically just torture porn for sickos like the later Saw films or Hostel etc.

Used to be ok watching them by myself years ago. Now I need someone to watch them with

"They don't bother me as I know it's not real, I enjoy a good scary horror but I'm not into the ones that are basically just torture porn for sickos like the later Saw films or Hostel etc."

I like saw and hostel, does that make me a sicko

I love horror movies but absolutely shit myself and have all lights on in house, and when I walk upstairs I feel someone is behind me. But I think that's the point of horror films.

Oh I suck and they play on my mind for ages. I still look up at the loft most nights and have flashbacks to paranormal activity

I also suck with gaming and games that aren't even that scary like Skyrim, the silence in Fallout creeps me out and currently the Witcher 3 is too much at times. I make slow progress as I need my partner in the room with me

"Absolutely shit. On a very early date with Mr TMN he took me to the cinema to see Hostel. I fainted

Mrs TMN x"

I shouldn't laugh but

By *hatYorkLadMan  over a year ago

York

"Oh I suck and they play on my mind for ages. I still look up at the loft most nights and have flashbacks to paranormal activity

I also suck with gaming and games that aren't even that scary like Skyrim, the silence in Fallout creeps me out and currently the Witcher 3 is too much at times. I make slow progress as I need my partner in the room with me "

Resident Evil 7 made me shit bricks in a few places, have you played that one?

By *otrockWoman  over a year ago

Essex

I don't watch them at all, I get to frightened..

I even get scared watching programs like most haunted..

I think it's because I don't like the dark at all. Its always like blackpool illuminations in my flat, the lights are always on even if I'm not in that room and always sleep with the stairs light on and the bedroom door open.

"Oh I suck and they play on my mind for ages. I still look up at the loft most nights and have flashbacks to paranormal activity

I also suck with gaming and games that aren't even that scary like Skyrim, the silence in Fallout creeps me out and currently the Witcher 3 is too much at times. I make slow progress as I need my partner in the room with me

Resident Evil 7 made me shit bricks in a few places, have you played that one?"

No and I have no plans to do so I'm getting creeped out just thinking about it

I get really scared so don't watch them alone

By *averockrockMan  over a year ago

swindon

The darker, the loner I am the better it is for an horror movie! Love them all!

I wasn't a avid horror film watcher but Ive seen a few that I enjoyed. However recently I saw a Netflix documentary called 'Don't fuck with cats' which was disturbing but I did enjoy it. Then I did an extremely stupid thing of searching and finding the actual snuff movie that was depicted in the documentary. This was 3 weeks ago and I still can't get the horror and images out of my head. I doubt I will watch any kind of horror again.

Love horrors.

I think I've become immune to them though, as I tend to laugh at gore etc.

The one or 2 that have disturbed me in recent years have been the more psychological ones, that are much more implied than explicit.

I thought paranormal activity was disturbing in that way, whereas the human centipede I found comical.

-There's an old black and white film called "carnival of souls", that I think is a favourite. Really captivating & creepy.

I also suck with gaming and games that aren't even that scary like Skyrim, the silence in Fallout creeps me out and currently the Witcher 3 is too much at times. I make slow progress as I need my partner in the room with me "

Witcher has some pretty scary quests to be fair

By *wist my nipplesCouple  over a year ago

North East Scotland, mostly

"Absolutely shit. On a very early date with Mr TMN he took me to the cinema to see Hostel. I fainted

Mrs TMN x

I shouldn't laugh but "

Oh, we think it's hilarious!

I love horrors xx

By *andKBCouple  over a year ago

Plymouth

C loves horrors but finds most of the new horror stuff boring. Hes not a fan of jump scares.

I on the other hand cant watch horrors at all. I have paranoia and horror films and anything psychological based can make it worse. I also get dreadful nightmares if I watch them

I love old horror films like the Exorcist and Salems lott. Poltergeist too. Todays films just dont do it for me.

I grew up watching them alone when I was young but now if I watch them the bathroom light stays on all night lol

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

"I love horror movies but absolutely shit myself and have all lights on in house, and when I walk upstairs I feel someone is behind me. But I think that's the point of horror films. "

Yes but if you heard a noise coming from the basement would you down to investigate?

Why do they always do it in the flicks?

"I’m watching The Cleanse. I think it may be a horror. "

Sounds like a Cillit Bang advert...

» Add a new message to this topic