FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Chameleons Newport or Darlaston manager

Chameleons Newport or Darlaston manager

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi everyone

I am hoping that someone here knows the manager of Chameleons in Newport or the mother club in Darlaston and can help me.

I visited the Newport club yesterday evening, my first time ever at a club, to see what all the fuss was about.

I had to fill in and sign a form with my personal details on it, which staff then put in their computer. They also copied my id.

I wandered around the different rooms, sat in the hot tub, had a friendly chat with some nice people, ate some food, but decided that overall it was not my cup of tea.

On the way out I asked staff to destroy the form I had filled in and to erase my personal data from their database, in line with my legal rights under GDPR. They repeatedly refused.

So now I am in a situation that a swingers club stores my personal data and a copy of my id for life, I have no idea how secure their database is and who and how many people have access to it, and for what they will use my data over the next 50 years.

I am also extremely vulnerable and completely powerless. I can't send them a written complaint, go to the police or hire a solicitor, because that will just increase the paper trail and add more evidence that I have been there.

I haven't slept all night and I am feeling physically sick because of this. I will spend the rest of my life looking over my shoulder and being afraid that if I ever openly take a social or political stand that one of the people in the club don't like, I will be black-mailed and/or everything I have worked for for 30 years, will be destroyed with one article in the Daily Mail. And all of this because of a hot tub and a slice of pizza in a swingers club one sad Friday evening in September 2019.

Is there anyone here who knows the manager of Chameleons Newport or the mother club in Darlaston, who can help me to get this sorted please?

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *tella HeelsTV/TS  over a year ago

west here ford shire

Why did you give them all that in the first place, sorry I would have turned around at the door

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Because I am a law-abiding citizen who assumes that companies comply with legislation that applies to them.

By *appy_couple2015Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

Part of GDPR means you have the 'right to erasure'. The ICO will come down hard on any organisation that does not comply. Check out ico.org.uk for details... and how to complain.

But bear in mind the organisation will still have to hold your details to show that they have removed your details! Ironic really, but that's the rules. They cannot, however, use those details for anything else and cannot show them to anyone other than the ICO.

I honestly think your worrying too much about it. Just think, anything you've ever 'Googled' will be stored!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Just ring them I think your worrying way too much and chams don't copy id they just look at it. Seems a bit mellow dramatic

"Just ring them I think your worrying way too much and chams don't copy id they just look at it. Seems a bit mellow dramatic "
just a bit lol

"Part of GDPR means you have the 'right to erasure'. The ICO will come down hard on any organisation that does not comply. Check out ico.org.uk for details... and how to complain.

But bear in mind the organisation will still have to hold your details to show that they have removed your details! Ironic really, but that's the rules. They cannot, however, use those details for anything else and cannot show them to anyone other than the ICO.

I honestly think your worrying too much about it. Just think, anything you've ever 'Googled' will be stored!"

this.mt advice is compel them to comply.