FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Status update

Status update

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *bsolutebeginners OP   Couple  over a year ago

Planet Ork

Do they really irritate people?

We received an abusive message last night in regards to us using song lyrics for our status update. The message sender blocked us within a nanosecond of sending the message so we couldn’t reply and within half an hour the message disappeared which means the sender must have gone unlos.

I know omd aren’t everyone’s cup of tea but leaving the site is a bit extreme.

Are there any status updates that regularly annoy you?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I use song lyrics all the time.

Negative status updates I don’t like but I ignore.

I like when they intrigue me, make me want to read the profile, know what the story is.

"Do they really irritate people?

We received an abusive message last night in regards to us using song lyrics for our status update. The message sender blocked us within a nanosecond of sending the message so we couldn’t reply and within half an hour the message disappeared which means the sender must have gone unlos.

Are there any status updates that regularly annoy you?"

yes 'I'm leaving on a jet plane dont know when I'll be back again'

The attention seeking / sympathy status

"The attention seeking / sympathy status "
meet me i never get replies........ help

It probably wasn’t just this that meant they left the site. It was probably a build up of things x

The ones asking for someone with online banking to help them in exchange for pics or ones asking for someone to buy them membership.

"The attention seeking / sympathy status meet me i never get replies........ help "

Don’t you start

By *oodnitegirlWoman  over a year ago

Yorkshire

I’ve got a new hobby in blocking people with whiny statuses. Particularly pretty newish people. If I see one calling people a ‘dreamer’ this is my biggest pet hate they’re in the bin.

Also someone was for the chop the other day for writing ‘where’s all the sluts at’....

I probably need to get a life but I can’t stand them lol

By *orksRockerMan  over a year ago

Bradford

My profile is full of tracks I like and I use lyrics alot in my status. Hell with them..

Although saying that... OMD!!

Hehe

Some people have a problem with everything will you ever see them no face give a fuck no let em get on with it not saying face give a fuck to you ops ignore them and have fun

"Some people have a problem with everything will you ever see them no face give a fuck no let em get on with it not saying face give a fuck to you ops ignore them and have fun "
eh?

By *toC Thats MeWoman  over a year ago

Sheffield

When people slag off another user.

2 blocked this morning....1 for complaining he hadn’t had a meet and had been on for a fortnight, and the 2nd said 99% of women on here were desperate sluts and he wouldn’t be seen dead with anyone...lol

By *oodnitegirlWoman  over a year ago

Yorkshire

"When people slag off another user.

2 blocked this morning....1 for complaining he hadn’t had a meet and had been on for a fortnight, and the 2nd said 99% of women on here were desperate sluts and he wouldn’t be seen dead with anyone...lol "

Ugh I wanna block the latter too.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

I dislike the desperation updates that are abusive to members because the person cannot get a meet.

By *adMerWoman  over a year ago

Sandwich

Any negative status really, whining is such an unattractive quality!

By *D40Couple  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

"I’ve got a new hobby in blocking people with whiny statuses. Particularly pretty newish people. If I see one calling people a ‘dreamer’ this is my biggest pet hate they’re in the bin.

Also someone was for the chop the other day for writing ‘where’s all the sluts at’....

I probably need to get a life but I can’t stand them lol "

Omg I am with you on that!

Mrs _d40

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

"Any negative status really, whining is such an unattractive quality!

"

Absolutely

By *irthandgirthMan  over a year ago

Camberley occasionally doncaster

There are a couple of reappearing profiles near me. One asking for guys to bring round a bag of "Charlie" for meets. (I doubt any meet would happen without it) and another who is constantly asking for lifts. Immediately. The inference is that she is offering a non monetary payment.

Negative or whiny statuses are also a big turn off..

By *uteness69Woman  over a year ago

Walthamstow

I tend to post daft stuff to amuse myself so would drift towards people with a witty status or profile

people whinging put me off

When I was on here a lot I did regular status updates, usually pretty random or Deadpool quotes. There was one guy who always always messaged me of the back of them. I found him a bit irritating but not in any way offensive. Regular as clock work he'd say something about my update. We did chat occasionally and he was very local to me. One afternoon I was at a loose end and decided to meet this guy for a cuppa. Fast forward 2 years and were married and living in France !

People repeatedly moaning that they can't find anyone to chat or meet with when they have such tight parameters - must be over 6'6" with blonde hair, tattoos on one arm only, an eye patch and be between 25-26 and own a pet goldfish called Bob.

"When I was on here a lot I did regular status updates, usually pretty random or Deadpool quotes. There was one guy who always always messaged me of the back of them. I found him a bit irritating but not in any way offensive. Regular as clock work he'd say something about my update. We did chat occasionally and he was very local to me. One afternoon I was at a loose end and decided to meet this guy for a cuppa. Fast forward 2 years and were married and living in France ! "

That is pretty awesome - pleased for you it worked out.

"I’ve got a new hobby in blocking people with whiny statuses. Particularly pretty newish people. If I see one calling people a ‘dreamer’ this is my biggest pet hate they’re in the bin.

I probably need to get a life but I can’t stand them lol "

I go through phases of what irritates me most. Last week it was people who say “mmmm” lol - Mrs

My status update, I'll write what the fuck I like. I doubt it's read much anyway..I often use song lyrics...fuck'em

I use song lyrics at times too but never get any abuse. Each to their own. It's their choice what they write. And btw I love OMD .carry on writing whatever you want...I lie. I dont like statuses where people are naming & shaming other members xx

"When I was on here a lot I did regular status updates, usually pretty random or Deadpool quotes. There was one guy who always always messaged me of the back of them. I found him a bit irritating but not in any way offensive. Regular as clock work he'd say something about my update. We did chat occasionally and he was very local to me. One afternoon I was at a loose end and decided to meet this guy for a cuppa. Fast forward 2 years and were married and living in France ! "

Love this!!!

I don’t get irritated except if they’re ridiculous or self pitying. Song lyrics can be nice. People always message off the back of status updates but I often forget what I wrote or G is who wrote it so the messages confuse me - Mrs

By *ittleAcornMan  over a year ago

2 blocked this morning....1 for complaining he hadn’t had a meet and had been on for a fortnight, and the 2nd said 99% of women on here were desperate sluts and he wouldn’t be seen dead with anyone...lol

"

It's nice that you could help him with that.

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman  over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

I often put song lyrics on mine

Sometimes I hear a song, or think of a quote and it suits my mood or stuff I've got on my mind that day.

The ones that irritate me, are the negative whiny ones, or anything with drug references

I've blocked lots of people who pop up on my local updates so I don't have to see them

The ones that amuse me are the ones saying stuff like "another let down" etc

There's several local to me who do this almost daily.

It's definitely off putting. If someone is being let down that often, it says more about them than the people they're focusing on.

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman  over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

By *nabelle21Woman  over a year ago

B38

I like your update...I don't get annoyed at people's updates. Unless it affects me I don't care enough.

2 blocked this morning....1 for complaining he hadn’t had a meet and had been on for a fortnight, and the 2nd said 99% of women on here were desperate sluts and he wouldn’t be seen dead with anyone...lol "

typical response from a man who cant get a meet lol. If we was that desperate he would be fucked to death ....surely

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

Southern Wales

I very rarely check local updates as it just seemed to be men moaning about no meets.

I use my updates as conversation starters, and it works. If others don’t like it they can block me. I’m not bothered.

[Removed by poster at 26/09/19 08:33:27]

I dislike any update that is cleverer or more humorous than mine

By *bsolutebeginners OP   Couple  over a year ago

Planet Ork

That’s brilliant

By *nabelle21Woman  over a year ago

B38

"When I was on here a lot I did regular status updates, usually pretty random or Deadpool quotes. There was one guy who always always messaged me of the back of them. I found him a bit irritating but not in any way offensive. Regular as clock work he'd say something about my update. We did chat occasionally and he was very local to me. One afternoon I was at a loose end and decided to meet this guy for a cuppa. Fast forward 2 years and were married and living in France !

That’s brilliant "

That made me smile..happy days x

By *orthantsblueeyesMan  over a year ago

Northampton

I usually keep my status simple

"I usually keep my status simple"
yes I read it lol.

Northampton

"I usually keep my status simple

yes I read it lol. "

You shouldn't have to explain yourself to anyone

yes I read it lol.

You shouldn't have to explain yourself to anyone "

and you read mine

By *akes handymanMan  over a year ago

In the Lakes

I love OMD ...... seen them a few times in concert

I think status are just a bit of fun anyway

I try and add a little humour to my status

I often cringe at some status update,but each to there own

Northampton

yes I read it lol.

and you read mine "

People should do this more often

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Updates bemoaning yet another dickhead or that they are giving up within minutes of posting their latest verification. Someone local does this at least twice a week.

yes I read it lol.

and you read mine

People should do this more often "

yes I read it lol.

and you read mine

People should do this more often "

Haha love it

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

I wouldn't say any irritate me - some of the more negative ones cause me to but I just scroll past them and ignore

By *elliNevvaMan  over a year ago

London

It could have been worse -Garry Glitter anyone?

By *an_LexaCouple  over a year ago

Sunderland

People round here must be cheap, they ask for folks to bring round a McDonald’s.

I must be dull. I never write a status, got nothing to say

» Add a new message to this topic