FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Hosepipe bans

Hosepipe bans

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Cant believe some water companies are due to bring in hosepipe bans and at the same time they are putting up their prices ?

Down here we are paying some of the highest prices anywhere in the country and now have to pay more.

The annoying thing for me is walking past the car dealerships even when its raining and seeing people washing the whole of their sales cars ? Why not wait til the car is sold then give it a good wash, They dont need washing every other day do they ? confused xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No politician can tell me when to use my hose...;-);-)

Mines just over £500 for the year.. im gutted i couldnt get a meter fitted

By *umbriaman1962Man  over a year ago

outside of penrith

move to cumbria rains most days no hose pipe ban here

"Mines just over £500 for the year.. im gutted i couldnt get a meter fitted "

If you can't get a meter fitted, there is an appeal you can make to reduce your bill. Go onto your water supplier website or give them a ring...

mine is £18 a month, though I am single and do the water saving bits.

"Cant believe some water companies are due to bring in hosepipe bans and at the same time they are putting up their prices ?

Down here we are paying some of the highest prices anywhere in the country and now have to pay more.

The annoying thing for me is walking past the car dealerships even when its raining and seeing people washing the whole of their sales cars ? Why not wait til the car is sold then give it a good wash, They dont need washing every other day do they ? confused xx "

Maybe you don't have a lot of water your way.

The dealer won't be able to wash his cars with a hose if there is a hoes pipe ban.

By *exywheelsCouple  over a year ago

inverness

plenty of water up here

could always sell you some

Better get my car washed before the ban!

Hosepipe ban?

That should be used on this site to stop all the blokes who think they've got a big hose parading their not so impressive wangs

It all stinks of bad management by the water companies to me. What percentage is lost still to leakage I wonder.

By *all-Eddies QosCouple  over a year ago

wirral

i dread to think what my bill would be if i had a water meter......washing machines never off, shower and a bath eveyday, 2 lots of dishes....kids baths, teeth blah blah

"If you can't get a meter fitted, there is an appeal you can make to reduce your bill. Go onto your water supplier website or give them a ring...

mine is £18 a month, though I am single and do the water saving bits."

sadly that is it with the reduction that south west water gave me.. there are 2 occupants in my property,, me and my daughter

"Hosepipe ban?

That should be used on this site to stop all the blokes who think they've got a big hose parading their not so impressive wangs "

only *think*

We're gonna have to collect rainwater then otherwise we'll be water buttfecked when it comes to watering the flowers

Wolf

By *un_JuiceCouple  over a year ago

Nr Chester

I have heard off a good source and am willing to supply deets if pm'd that water by law cannot be witheld supply should you choose not to pay for the companies to treat it with many toxic metals and excessive dangerous fluoride.

A friend has done it for years, he turned it around on them by threatening to charge his local supplier for having their property within his house.

Sounds barmy but he got away with it and continues to. Funnily enough he also has his own electric meter and has opted out contracting into his local supplier. It's a biggie and having knowledge of freeman law is beneficial.

"Hosepipe ban?

That should be used on this site to stop all the blokes who think they've got a big hose parading their not so impressive wangs

only *think*

We're gonna have to collect rainwater then otherwise we'll be water buttfecked when it comes to watering the flowers

Wolf"

A waterbutt could possibly be the answer to the water shortage.

Watch the price of them rise now there's a hosepipe ban

Water will be a currency in a few years time.

hosepipe ban is madness when the new Morrisons near me has got water mist spraying over all the veggies to keep them fresh! i know it won't use a lot but why doesn't it apply to them?

"I have heard off a good source and am willing to supply deets if pm'd that water by law cannot be witheld supply should you choose not to pay for the companies to treat it with many toxic metals and excessive dangerous fluoride.

A friend has done it for years, he turned it around on them by threatening to charge his local supplier for having their property within his house.

Sounds barmy but he got away with it and continues to. Funnily enough he also has his own electric meter and has opted out contracting into his local supplier. It's a biggie and having knowledge of freeman law is beneficial.

"

Your friend could at least tell you how they does it, so you too can benefit from it

"

Water will be a currency in a few years time."

I don't fancy walking back from the well with a jerrycan balanced on my head.

Wolf

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

Best thing we ever did was get a meter fitted, at the moment we only pay £11.00 month on a standing order, was recently reduced from £15 as we had built up a load of credit. Mind you we are one of those that will get a ban and really don't know how we will water our 4 acres of wiilderness

What I don't understand is if we are going through global warming the ice caps are melting over all there is more water, more flooding etc.. so why do the water companies seem to think there is suddenly not enough water to run down your hose pipe to wash your motorbike or car..

not being funny but what's the difference between be using my outside tap to fill a bucket and using a hosepipe.. apart from the fact that I will probably use more buckets worth of water than I would if I was using a hose pipe to clean my bike...

What i don't get is when we do have all this snow/rain every year that they don't have some way of collecting it.

Also we have the technology to turn sea water into clean drinking water, its not like we are going to run out anytime soon.

Esp with all this global warming and sea level rising. Yeah might cost millions to set up but which is best this or towns being flooded due to rising sea levels.

The subject is quite complex and you can't use simple thoughts, though it would be great if they worked.

How many lakes or reservoirs are you happy to pay for?

How much will a Desalination plant cost (Sea water to drinking water).

Building a water network from wet areas to dry areas has recently been ruled out (but not dead).

How about putting pressure on people/businesses to use less.

maybe move them to wetter areas along with the jobs.

Some thing different has to be done, as what were doing now is not working

"I have heard off a good source and am willing to supply deets if pm'd that water by law cannot be witheld supply should you choose not to pay for the companies to treat it with many toxic metals and excessive dangerous fluoride.

"

If if was that easy, we would all be doing it. Yes the water companies may not be able to cut off your water supply but money owed to them is still there.

"We're gonna have to collect rainwater then otherwise we'll be water buttfecked when it comes to watering the flowers

Wolf"

I watered my garden via my used bath water last year and the plants loved it, had the best show of flowers that I had had in years

By *ercedes62Woman  over a year ago

Northampton

[Removed by poster at 14/03/12 12:37:54]

By *ercedes62Woman  over a year ago

Northampton

Try again

Was thinking the same thing Pearl.

So what happens to the car wash business you see in most towns these days - are they allowed to still wash cars?

Seems a bit of a joke to me.

By *empnbunkCouple  over a year ago

south coast

Dont remember there ever being a hosepipe ban up here we got loads of the stuff.......wonder if we could sell it to the south

"

Water will be a currency in a few years time.

I don't fancy walking back from the well with a jerrycan balanced on my head.

Wolf"

Tell Jerry Can to walk and fetch his own water the idle git!

ouch.. mine is £198 and no ban

cali

"move to cumbria rains most days no hose pipe ban here "

If it weren't so tragic it would be funny .....

Must be awful over there at the moment...

» Add a new message to this topic