FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > equine enquiry

equine enquiry

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just watching big fat gypsy wedding and I just wondered if anyone knows if its ok for those horses to run like that on roads as it doesn't look too comfortable for them

Just asking as I don't have a clue just didn't look natural to me that's all

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Mrs bouncy can i hi jack your thread to tell you that mr bouncy has been mean and horrid to me lol

"Mrs bouncy can i hi jack your thread to tell you that mr bouncy has been mean and horrid to me lol"

Lol he said you've been mean to him by getting all skinny

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

"Mrs bouncy can i hi jack your thread to tell you that mr bouncy has been mean and horrid to me lol

Lol he said you've been mean to him by getting all skinny "

lmao

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Just watching big fat gypsy wedding and I just wondered if anyone knows if its ok for those horses to run like that on roads as it doesn't look too comfortable for them

Just asking as I don't have a clue just didn't look natural to me that's all "

Well as there is no bounce on their hoofs i would think it could make them prone to stress fractures. I run on the road and make sure i have trainers with spring in to avoid this. Why they can't do it off road is a mystery to me.

I only half saw it but it's not really good for the legs to go at that speed on such a hard surface for long periods of time.

Also I think they were trotters which is a slightly different movement to make the ride more comfortable for those in the vehicle and I can't imagine that's good for their legs at that speed on tarmac.

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

"Just watching big fat gypsy wedding and I just wondered if anyone knows if its ok for those horses to run like that on roads as it doesn't look too comfortable for them

from my very limited knowledge of horses they are big strong buggers and i am guessing if they didnt want to run on tarmac roads they would soon let the rider know ! sure there are people on here who own horses and know more though

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

Can't bring myself to watch any programme about this particular set of thieves, vagabonds and scroungers - scum of the earth in my opinion. Z

If my memory serves me right, when I used to go horse riding as a kid, I was always told not to go faster than a normal trot on the road as it could damage the horses legs, and the horses in the program were going at some speed. Yes some horses are specifically bred for trotting races, but these aren't run on tarmac.

*Waits for Jo to arrive...*

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

"*Waits for Jo to arrive...*"

Was thinking the same thing Euro

You also need to factor in:

1) The heavy load the horses are pulling - some of those dresses much weight close to a metric tonne.

2) The psychological harm the horses suffer being seen on a 'reality' TV show .

Nothing, I repeat nothing, is natural about that show. Are you even sure they are horses - perhaps its just two other Gypsies in a pantomime costume?

"If my memory serves me right, when I used to go horse riding as a kid, I was always told not to go faster than a normal trot on the road as it could damage the horses legs, and the horses in the program were going at some speed. Yes some horses are specifically bred for trotting races, but these aren't run on tarmac. "

This was my thought

It does make me wonder if the RSPCA get involved at all after watching this prog as its not the only instance of what I have considered to be animal cruelty shown on there

Hate the programme and all it stands, alot of travvelers are not like this. As for the horses rspca do keep an eye on them but theres alot of red tape involved. Appelby horse fair is a place you see horse and carts and lots of these types of cart, the ones seen on the programmes, in my opinion should be taken off the road. Over here in england too many animals from the gypsies get illtreated and dumped, even killed. Saying that, like the whole population, theres good and bad everywhere, getting back to trotting, the carts are dangerous and i hope the horses have shoes on as if not it can damage them.

» Add a new message to this topic