FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Notebooks

Notebooks

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *riendlyfunfem OP   Woman  over a year ago

A world of my own

I'm thinking of getting on as my laptop is on its last legs. Has anyone got one? Used one? Good and bad points? Has anyone used one abroad?

All help, advice and opinions gratefully received.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If all you are going to use it for is a bit of browsing/emails and watching vids then they are great.

However!

If you want to play games then they are a no no, even some of the games on FB struggle to run well on them as well as games like bingo and so on.

Myself, I would just get another laptop.

Tony

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

we both have laptops and notebooks - we use the laptops here at home and travel with our notebooks, worked very well (getting on line) in both Egypt and Malaysia. We wouldn't be without ours

"I'm thinking of getting on as my laptop is on its last legs. Has anyone got one? Used one? Good and bad points? Has anyone used one abroad?

All help, advice and opinions gratefully received.

"

Minus = Small screen, small keyboard, no cd, limited space.

Plus = Long battery life, easy on the knee, light, portable cheep.

Nice to have but not as main computer in my books.

By *razydriver8Couple  over a year ago

plymouth

notebooks are great,,,

i love the little spiral of metal that runs down the side,, and when the pages rip out you get that little tuft of curly paper... lovely..

teeny tiny! i type alot and quickly I just dont fit note books, but if you are an elf you'll be fine....

Some laptops have dam good battery life now quite cheap to.

I'm waiting though as there is a new battery technology on the horizon that could increase life to weeks without a charge

By *riendlyfunfem OP   Woman  over a year ago

A world of my own

Thanks. I don't play games at all, it would be for browsing and emails, skype, etc. And maybe a few photos. I like the fact they are very portable especially if travelling abroad. I agree downside is no internal cd/dvd player as that would be useful on holiday.

We had one, but because of the screen size we found ourselves just taking the smaller of our two laptops instead of the notebook because what we used it for most was looking at photos and the screen was just a little too small for that.. but go to a local store and play around with some see if you can live with it

I have a iPad 2 , it's great, it does it for me, only think that I can not do on it is cam, but that doesn't bother me ... I'm writing with it now

By *enithWoman  over a year ago

closer than you think

" notebooks are great,,,

i love the little spiral of metal that runs down the side,, and when the pages rip out you get that little tuft of curly paper... lovely.. "

Mine is a laptop with a 17in screen as I like to watch DVDs when I go camping.

"Thanks. I don't play games at all, it would be for browsing and emails, skype, etc. And maybe a few photos. I like the fact they are very portable especially if travelling abroad. I agree downside is no internal cd/dvd player as that would be useful on holiday."

I have one & I love it for what I need it for.

By *amslam1000Man  over a year ago

willenhall

i have both but i have maxed out the ram on the netbook and now dont see any problems

1 get one with windows 7

2 max its ram

3 buy an external cd/dvd drive off ebay about £35

mine has a VGA plug on it and plays DVD's to my lcd no probs ( my fulsize laptop has a HDMI and plays blurays the netbook would roll over and play dead)

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

I use a iPad 2 as well....unless I am watching cam but then I can use the remote desktop to watch cam he he he

By *urreyfun2008Man  over a year ago

East Grinstead

This post was brought to you via an Acer Inspire 531h netbook, pimped RAM to 2GB, and used in lounge with an external monitor.

It plays WMV files fine, but struggles with YouTube at 480p or higher resolution.

Looking to replace it once the money I'm owed finally turns up, netbook will goto sister whose only does a little shopping.

Loads of refurbished laptops out there these days. Tesco outlet on ebay, and the Dell Outlet are two places to start.

» Add a new message to this topic