FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Have a go hero

Have a go hero

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *isscheekychops OP   Woman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Walking to the tram station in Brum this evening I noticed a group of girls bullying the big issue seller. They were trying to take her bag and just generally being really abusive towards her. I walked up to them and said why don't you just leave her alone.. in that instance one of the girls said why don't you go and eat tifle.. I had to laugh at that statement and said grow up. Not that I was a hero or anything but I got a thank you from the big issue seller..

Are we a society that walks on by in situations like this. I did think there was about 7 of them and thought oh shit if they start as some of them was under 18 and I would of been in serious shit if I laid a finger on them.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

So how much trifle did you eat?

And was it standard trifle with sponge fingers, sherry and raspberry jelly?

ps well done you.

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

"

ps well done you. "

Were there 100s and 1000s in the trifle - that's my favourite

By *isscheekychops OP   Woman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"

ps well done you. "

I had to laugh at when she said that...

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

You do have to be very careful in these situations but youll go to bed tonight knowing that you did the right thing x

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

"Walking to the tram station in Brum this evening I noticed a group of girls bullying the big issue seller. They were trying to take her bag and just generally being really abusive towards her. I walked up to them and said why don't you just leave her alone.. in that instance one of the girls said why don't you go and eat tifle.. I had to laugh at that statement and said grow up. Not that I was a hero or anything but I got a thank you from the big issue seller..

Are we a society that walks on by in situations like this. I did think there was about 7 of them and thought oh shit if they start as some of them was under 18 and I would of been in serious shit if I laid a finger on them.

"

go girl! well done you xx

By *ngieandMrManCouple  over a year ago

hereford

Personally I'd walk by, not because I want to and not because I think its morally the right thing to do but for the reasons you suggested yourself... YOU could have ended up in a whole heap of trouble with the law!

We know someone a medical professional who spent a night in a police cell, two days after he 'had words' with a group of teenagers who abused his house during a birthday party for one of his own kids. Charges were dropped and he was set free but only after all of his details, DNA, fingerprints, photo etc. were added to the police criminal database with little to no chance of having the information removed, in spite of his total innocence! The teenagers in question walked away totally free!

The line 'What is society coming to' always makes me laugh... we are society!

Think bad of me if you wish for walking away from such a thing but I for one have a healthy fear of the systems that are supposed to protect us from such events, namely the police, the courts system and the government who pull their strings to try and make it 'look like' they are looking after us!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Walking to the tram station in Brum this evening I noticed a group of girls bullying the big issue seller. They were trying to take her bag and just generally being really abusive towards her. I walked up to them and said why don't you just leave her alone.. in that instance one of the girls said why don't you go and eat tifle.. I had to laugh at that statement and said grow up. Not that I was a hero or anything but I got a thank you from the big issue seller..

"

I'm disappointed you didn't buy a copy of the big issue.

By *eavy Metal BallzMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

"Personally I'd walk by, not because I want to and not because I think its morally the right thing to do but for the reasons you suggested yourself... YOU could have ended up in a whole heap of trouble with the law!

We know someone a medical professional who spent a night in a police cell, two days after he 'had words' with a group of teenagers who abused his house during a birthday party for one of his own kids. Charges were dropped and he was set free but only after all of his details, DNA, fingerprints, photo etc. were added to the police criminal database with little to no chance of having the information removed, in spite of his total innocence! The teenagers in question walked away totally free!

The line 'What is society coming to' always makes me laugh... we are society!

Think bad of me if you wish for walking away from such a thing but I for one have a healthy fear of the systems that are supposed to protect us from such events, namely the police, the courts system and the government who pull their strings to try and make it 'look like' they are looking after us!"

That's the problem with society these days, the walk on by culture let's the scroats think that they can get away with anything! Abusing / bullying weak vunuerable people is wrong and the feckers shouldn't beable to do it unchecked.

Diamond deserves a at on the back and a whole lot more in my opinion.

By *stwoforfun2Couple  over a year ago

South Suffolk Area

[Removed by poster at 16/02/12 00:09:48]

By *stwoforfun2Couple  over a year ago

South Suffolk Area

To be honest, I have been in this kind of situation a few times before in my life, ( Mr that is :} )

Walked up a hill early one morning to see four yobs smashing a window. Guy came out after them and ended up in big trouble. I ran over, downed two of them and the other two ran off. I gave chase and caught one, took him back to the scene, where the police had now arrived. Result, the guy fingered me ( no, not in that way you rude people :} ) as one of the four , took me an hour to explain, no thanks from the guy

Sat in a club one night when a lady came running in to say a guy was being severely beaten. Ran outside to find a young guy in the gutter, 13 guys around him, being kicked, punched, glassed, you name it. Around 50/60 onlookers, no one doing anything. Me?, well me being me at the time, took them all on, took six out, ( yeah, I was the Karate kid of the day lol ) but got over powered by the rest, on lookers didn't help . Result, beaten stupid, in hospital, lost my memory, serious head injuries etc. Actually ended up worse than the guy I was trying to save

Would I do the same kind of things again. Well, guess only being in that situation would tell me that for sure. Some times I think, no way, but I guess if its in you, its in you

Well done OP

"

its nice to help others but you have to out your own safty first

Problem is now day it is mostly kids who act like this and the law is on their side, they can hit you and because they are under 18 it just goes on record and a hour later their going home with mummy, you belt them back and your in the shit

"

Respect to you and well done, I know we would have done the same.

Put yourself in her place, wouldn't you want someone to help you or one of yours?

Don't worry about them starting on you, treat them as equals and give them all a slap, I reckon public opinion and the courts would have been on your side.

You should have told them they'd have faces like trifle if they didn't f**k off!

The way I always look at it is....Its better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6!

Again well done, it restores our faith in society when there are still people willing to stand up for the underdog.

XXXX

You will never win in this situation as you are dammed if you step in and dammed if you walk on. Gut feeling, phone the bill and dont get into a fight as you might get blamed. If you can do if verbally all the good though.

By *irty_bhamMan  over a year ago

birmingham

Diamond i have to say you're a star.

even though i'm a bit of a lightweight i'd do the same and have done.

i do worry that when doing the right thing the law doesn't support you.

a sad sign of the times

Was on the bus going home a while ago,a black guy got on and started abusing a young youth just because he looked in his direction.I was livid the fact this kid was scared stiff so i gave the black guy a mouthful,dont know if it was shock cuz im a woman or the fact someone had the balls stand up to him but he started stuttering and calmly got off the bus.Its not about been tough its about the protective instinct we all have in us and yes id do it again.Makes me fume that scum think they can walk around making decent peoples lives a misery

By *ngieandMrManCouple  over a year ago

hereford

"

That's the problem with society these days, the walk on by culture let's the scroats think that they can get away with anything! Abusing / bullying weak vunuerable people is wrong and the feckers shouldn't beable to do it unchecked.

Diamond deserves a at on the back and a whole lot more in my opinion. "

Totally agree with you, and if it is indeed a 'culture' the culture has been created by society and the so-called clever people that society votes in to run it.

Three true events for examples...

A woman neighbour had some verbal abuse from another male neighbour. The son of the women heard about it and he then had 'words' no violence, just 'words' with the man in question. The son was arrested, charged and prosecuted by our wonderful judicial system for protecting/defending his own mother!!!

A group of people I was with many years ago. A girl in the group was getting some verbal off an ex-boyfriend, who after he had his moan he left the pub. Another guy in the group decided to 'be a man' and followed him out of the pub. He ended up punching the ex-boyfriend and killed him stone dead in the process! I'd guess that 25 years later he might be out of prison by now!

I'm not suggesting that people being abused should be allowed, its totally wrong!

Diamond, totally with you on this BUT there is always a fine line between hero and stupid. You were lucky it turned out the way it did, it could have been a very different story!

'And in the news today, a have-go-hero was beaten to death when she tackled a group of...

My youngest son is named in memory of a very close friend who was kicked to death in the street when he tried to help a mate who was set upon by a teenage gang. The mate run away. The thugs got no more than the remand time waiting for the case to be processed. Some of them got compensation as they were 'detained long enough' such is the wisdom of the judicial system.

The police/court system took so long to process the case it went on for many months. During that time the mother of my friend couldn't take the stress and she died at a young age from a heart attack. Mother and son were buried together, one on top of the other.

Any one still think I'm part of a don't care walk-away CULTURE!!! Don't think I'd be much use to my wife and kids if I were beaten to death in the street by a gang of thugs trying to protect the principal of what other people think is the right thing to do!

Good on ya Diamondgurly. Pity more do not act as you did.

Peeps always complain about the deterioration of respect bla bla and then they walk-on-by when they see something like this which, to my mind is also disrespect.

The more people speak and act against these stupid bullies the less they will feel able to do this stuff with impunity.

By *irty_bhamMan  over a year ago

birmingham

"Was on the bus going home a while ago,a black guy got on and started abusing a young youth just because he looked in his direction.I was livid the fact this kid was scared stiff so i gave the black guy a mouthful,dont know if it was shock cuz im a woman or the fact someone had the balls stand up to him but he started stuttering and calmly got off the bus.Its not about been tough its about the protective instinct we all have in us and yes id do it again.Makes me fume that scum think they can walk around making decent peoples lives a misery

"

i'm sorry but does it matter that he was black ??

would you have said“a white youth” if he was white ?

just a thought

By *ax the gentle GiantMan  over a year ago

birmingham

well done its good to know there are other upstanding members of society that stand up for those who are weeker and less fortunate. Hold your head up high and i commend you for your actions. I belive in what goes around comes around if you were in the same position you would expect help from your fellow human beings who saw your moment of need

"

" A woman neighbour had some verbal abuse from another male neighbour. The son of the women heard about it and he then had 'words' no violence, just 'words' with the man in question. The son was arrested, charged and prosecuted by our wonderful judicial system for protecting/defending his own mother!!!

"

More to that one than meets the eye whatever they may have told you - the CPS wouldn't put through the case on just a few words, it's hard enough to get them to accept a real case.

Violence is the answer!

[Removed by poster at 16/02/12 07:53:19]

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

Many years ago, one summers evening, I saw a young lad, everyone called him a bad lad, he ran down my drive, but no knock on the door. Next min a gang of about 10 lads ran past the end of the drive looking for him.The came down my drive, I asked them what they wanted, told them they were trespassing and I politley told them to leave

I went out into the back garden to find the 'toughie' virtually quaking in his boots. I sat him down, talked to him, rang his Dad who came down and collected him.

The next day he appeared on the door with a £1.99 bouqet of flowers which he assured me he had bought himself.

The lad grew up and was as we say in Lancs a sod pot, but whenever he saw me, he thanked me, smiled or waved.

His Father told me that the lads chasing him had knives, would I have reacted the same,knowing that. Who knows

3 thing you could have done.

1 What you did, but risky (To you).

2 Do nothing, but risky (The gang does what it wants)

3 Phone the police and report it. If they do nothing you have at least done more than most...

But well done for saying something x

"....

The son of the women heard about it and he then had 'words' no violence, just 'words' with the man in question. The son was arrested, charged and prosecuted by our wonderful judicial system for protecting/defending his own mother!!!..."

From what I know on how these things work. The police turned up, told people to calm down and probably told some to go home, whilst they work out what happened. I suggest the lad didn't go home and was still using 'words' and the situation was not settling, and i'm sure he was told to calm down and they will talk to him later, but didn't, so he was arrested.

Happens all the time, first priority us to calm and defuse the situation, then work out what happened.

it was just a statement hun,and yeah your right.So i'll hold my hands up and apologise xxx

By *ucsparkMan  over a year ago

dudley

One of my uncles once said for a passerby to walk pass someone needing assistance makes them as guilty if not more guilty than the perpetrator. We have always been told to stand fast defend where ever possible and defender assistance to those in need. If everyone was taught the same we live in a much Better world.

By *ucsparkMan  over a year ago

dudley

Forgot to say well done diamond, bet you feel great knowing you have made a difference

Well done for being brave enough to stand up to them. More people should do the same.

I can't help but stop and say something if I see someone in a bit of trouble. Sometimes just an outside influence and showing that what they are doing is not going unnoticed is enough to diffuse the situation.

You do hear horror stories of people that have tried to diffuse situations only to end up in hospital or worse tho so you have to be really careful. xx

A big well done to you.

I know the stock answer is probably that you should have called the Police but good on you.

There is a huge problem in this country with people walking on by and it's rare you see the "big society" in action.

I found a large skinhead bloke on the floor this summer with his bicycle at the side of him. He was unconscious and people were just driving by. I picked him up off the floor gave him a drink and called an ambulance.

The reaction? Anyone I spoke to told me I was mad to get involved and I should have stepped over him and got on with my day. Very sad.

"One of my uncles once said for a passerby to walk pass someone needing assistance makes them as guilty if not more guilty than the perpetrator. We have always been told to stand fast defend where ever possible and defender assistance to those in need. If everyone was taught the same we live in a much Better world. "

yeh we are a society of walk-on-byers in most cases

» Add a new message to this topic