FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > unempoyment

unempoyment

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

has risen again and i am told it now stands at about 2.67 million......

another chapter in the labour legacy

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"has risen again and i am told it now stands at about 2.67 million......

"

Just out of interest, could you tell me if it's always Labour's legacy that every time the Tories have got into power over the last 70 years or so, they slash budgets, prompt a recesion and chuck millions out on the dole so that their mates in the city can employ people to odo the same jobs for lower wages?

Just out of interest, could you tell me if it's always Labour's legacy that every time the Tories have got into power over the last 70 years or so, they slash budgets, prompt a recesion and chuck millions out on the dole so that their mates in the city can employ people to odo the same jobs for lower wages?"

Didn't the recession happen during a labour term? ( sorry i'm not very up on my politics)

Just out of interest, could you tell me if it's always Labour's legacy that every time the Tories have got into power over the last 70 years or so, they slash budgets, prompt a recesion and chuck millions out on the dole so that their mates in the city can employ people to odo the same jobs for lower wages?"

surely if you chuck people out on the dole so that "their mates in the city" can re-employ people to do the same jobs, but for lower wages, then it stands to reason that unemployment figures would remain stagnant as you are filling the vacancies created???

sadly, as is often the case, the country calls on the tories when they cannot stomach a labour government any longer. The budget cuts are a necessary evil to plug up the holes in our nations economy following years of labour being fiscally irresponsible.

By *ucsparkMan  over a year ago

dudley

And is it right the ND is the highest it has ever been under Tories even with all the spending cuts or shall we blame lid dems for that as they seem to be the Tories whipping boys

One of the reasons that the unemployment is up is that they are taking everyone off income support when youngest child becomes a certain age and putting them o job seekers.

"And is it right the ND is the highest it has ever been under Tories even with all the spending cuts or shall we blame lid dems for that as they seem to be the Tories whipping boys "

The National Defacite is growing under the Tories.

In addition, it was the banks failing that fucked the ecconomy, not the government. The public also have to take their share of the blame, Tony Blair (and Gordon Brown) did not force any of us to borrow record amounts of money, mortgage ourselves to the hilt and max our credit cards.

When the ecconomy stalls and there is no consumer spending, you stimulate growth by pumping money into the oecconomy, not by cutting spending.

Finaly, the corporates are taking people on for temporary and part time work not full time perm contracts.....

"

You sound almost smug about it.

How sad.

Maggie's legacy I think you'll find, but hey...

Competition in industry... what industry?

Wolf

"One of the reasons that the unemployment is up is that they are taking everyone off income support when youngest child becomes a certain age and putting them o job seekers."

Which under Labour, the true unemployment figures were masked because of such practices. It made for good tabloid headlines.

Labour created jobs not because those jobs had a valid need, but to get the unemployment figures down. As we've now seen, those same people are being made redundant because the coalition govt has got to reduce the deficit and make cuts.

Labour won three successive elections not because they offered the best prospects for this country, but because they massaged the economy to make themselves look good in the eyes of the electorate, and the electorate bought it. Now we are paying the price for having the wool pulled over our eyes for 13 years.

"When the ecconomy stalls and there is no consumer spending, you stimulate growth by pumping money into the oecconomy, not by cutting spending.

"

That's just not true. When there is no money left in the kitty you tighten your belt, not go out and rack up more debt. It's basic economics that dicates that one cannot perpetually borrow against one's assets as eventually one's assets will never cover the amount of debt one has and interest payments accrue at a level that is unservicable. When that happens you have a write-down of debt, as we're now seeing in Greece, and the whole house of cards comes tumbling down.

You sound almost smug about it.

How sad. "

lost my job in 2008 when the recession began to bite....was 2 and a half years before I could find permanent work....was one of the most demeaning periods of my life...so smug is the last thing I will ever be about unemployment

well ,oh right no mater what the tories do ,which goes wrong it will somewhat become the fault of labour,but if it goes right ,it wont be anything to do with labour ,it will be all glory and such for the tories .now neither party is perfect least of all the smug tories,who will end up having to hav a rethink on most things let alone the recient ones on the NHS . Call me dave and his lap dog from the libs,just have not got it and the only reason that people voted them in was because ,My party labour made a cock up of things,let alone torrie tony ,oops tony blair and Mr personality gordon frown, who insadently is a friend ,but a PM he was never going to be .Why do the partys over from one another in the chambers stop blaming one another ,which seems to be all they do , and sort out this mess , which we pay them for remember its us who pay there over inflated wages . but guys remember this is going to be a tuff one becacuse we are forgetting one vital thing hear, this is not just a down turn in the uk trade this is a world recetion , and it will take a smarted man than call me dave to fix it . however i will still vote labour for the same reasons as i always have ,at least they will look after our country ,or try too ,in the interests of the majority of us not just the minority of us ,who have ,secure jobs and £60,000 a year 2.4 children 2 car house in the subarbs kind . i my self probably fall into this braket but i have never forgot where my roots are ,unlike some .

"well ,oh right no mater what the tories do ,which goes wrong it will somewhat become the fault of labour,but if it goes right ,it wont be anything to do with labour ,it will be all glory and such for the tories .now neither party is perfect least of all the smug tories,who will end up having to hav a rethink on most things let alone the recient ones on the NHS . Call me dave and his lap dog from the libs,just have not got it and the only reason that people voted them in was because ,My party labour made a cock up of things,let alone torrie tony ,oops tony blair and Mr personality gordon frown, who insadently is a friend ,but a PM he was never going to be .Why do the partys over from one another in the chambers stop blaming one another ,which seems to be all they do , and sort out this mess , which we pay them for remember its us who pay there over inflated wages . but guys remember this is going to be a tuff one becacuse we are forgetting one vital thing hear, this is not just a down turn in the uk trade this is a world recetion , and it will take a smarted man than call me dave to fix it . however i will still vote labour for the same reasons as i always have ,at least they will look after our country ,or try too ,in the interests of the majority of us not just the minority of us ,who have ,secure jobs and £60,000 a year 2.4 children 2 car house in the suburbs kind . i my self probably fall into this bracket but i have never forgot where my roots are ,unlike some ."

1st thing the labour party did when getting into power was put a special tax on all the insurance company's to raise money for their expenditure plans....Result of this is the pension funds can no longer pay out at the expected/ predicted rates as the monies they kept in hand for these times was taxed off them!!!

Next mistake was selling off a huge percentage of out gold reserve some 300 tonnes in 3 auctions... yes you read it right over 300 tonnes!!!! so lowering the spot price of gold to its lowest market value in 40yrs all at the behest of Europe to attempt to get our currency at some sort of parity to join the ill thought Euro!!!! that gold reserve had been built up over centuries .... and it was our national savings policy for times like these , just like families use up savings when it becomes difficult going..... and people say its not labours fault!!! its now 3 times in my lifetime they have more or less bankrupted the country (47yrs) it was them who went cap in hand to the international monetary fund in the past.... labours spends to be seen to be good for the common man and the Tories have to pick up the pieces....

Maybe the lib dems should be given a chance on their own as they haven't fucked things up in nearly 100yrs!!!

"When the ecconomy stalls and there is no consumer spending, you stimulate growth by pumping money into the oecconomy, not by cutting spending.

That's just not true. When there is no money left in the kitty you tighten your belt, not go out and rack up more debt. It's basic economics that dicates that one cannot perpetually borrow against one's assets as eventually one's assets will never cover the amount of debt one has and interest payments accrue at a level that is unservicable. When that happens you have a write-down of debt, as we're now seeing in Greece, and the whole house of cards comes tumbling down.

"

That's true in a household or a business, but running a national ecconomy is not the same!

You don't get rid of debt by contracting the ecconomy. You get rid of debt by expanding the ecconomy, using an inflationary policy and holding down interest rates.

Macro ecconomic policy is always different to micro ecconomic policy.

When you consider that we have very low bond yields we need to borrow money now (when it doesn't cost very much money to do it). Every £1 spent generates £2 in revenue (and cycles through the ecconomy at lest 5 times).

I've said it before (and I am likely to have to say it again) Britain does not have the same debt problem that the PIIGs do. Our debt was incoured by the purchase of assets. When the asset price rises we will have a pay down from the revenue generated by those assets or will clear much of the debt created by buying those assets.

Striping costs out of the budget does not have the same effect as it is creating a structural debt (i.e. one which is not purchasing any assets and has no imediate pay down).

Just out of interest, could you tell me if it's always Labour's legacy that every time the Tories have got into power over the last 70 years or so, they slash budgets, prompt a recesion and chuck millions out on the dole so that their mates in the city can employ people to odo the same jobs for lower wages?

surely if you chuck people out on the dole so that "their mates in the city" can re-employ people to do the same jobs, but for lower wages, then it stands to reason that unemployment figures would remain stagnant as you are filling the vacancies created???

sadly, as is often the case, the country calls on the tories when they cannot stomach a labour government any longer. The budget cuts are a necessary evil to plug up the holes in our nations economy following years of labour being fiscally irresponsible. "

You are correct if the last government hadn't spent so much the debt would have been far lower. The labour government were irresponsible no matter how you look at it.

[Removed by poster at 15/02/12 14:32:14]

By *enithWoman  over a year ago

closer than you think

"

and I wonder how many others are unemployed and not claiming benefits? I have not worked for almost 2 years ..... ok it was my choice and I'm not claiming but fully entitled too!!

By *ovedupstillCouple  over a year ago

mullinwire

i myself lost my job in november 2009.

i had to retrain, and sold everything i had to do so.

this period cost me my dignity and my marriage.

yes, its labours fault. not for the economy because, as has been said, its a worldwide recession cused by inflated lending/borrowing, but it IS labours fault that we have absolutely NO money available to dig our way out of it. yes, it is the tories EVERY TIME that spend their first 4 years in power slashing and cutting, but why? they wouldnt do it for fun, surely?? they do it because the first term in power that they have, has followed a labour government, that spends and spends and spends again.

lets face facts, as someone on benefits, that usually rise under labour, and a civil servant, who's terms and conditions and job security is usually better under a labour government, you arent going to be voting tory are you?? more civil servants, and benefit persons means a captive electorate, means staying in power longer.

prive me wrong if you can

I am a partner in a photographic studio in Westyorks paying up to £100-00 an hour to girls just for figure work and we cant get them.

"I am a partner in a photographic studio in Westyorks paying up to £100-00 an hour to girls just for figure work and we cant get them. "

Come down South then - plenty of willing girls down here!

"and I wonder how many others are unemployed and not claiming benefits? I have not worked for almost 2 years ..... ok it was my choice and I'm not claiming but fully entitled too!! "

I think there will be a lot in the same situation as you. Its a shame so much money was fitted away by previous governments.

"I am a partner in a photographic studio in Westyorks paying up to £100-00 an hour to girls just for figure work and we cant get them. "

that's because most girls dont fit into a "model" body type lol if someoen was willing to photograph me for £100 an hour i'd do it but i dont have the body!

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"

of course it is...

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

1997 "Things Can Only get Better" D.Ream

Yeah, D Ream on. Blair and Brown.

By *littylikka69Man  over a year ago

West Midlands

"

"

whatever happened to d ream?,did they ever follow up that song at all?.

and what of bliar and what was the other chaps name?,did bliar go on to realise his ambition to rule the world/,or did he settle for the millions he and his wife could amass by selling the country?.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"

and what of bliar and what was the other chaps name?,did bliar go on to realise his ambition to rule the world/,or did he settle for the millions he and his wife could amass by selling the country?."

they all do it...

look how much thatcher and her oaf of a son made off the back of her tenure..

even old 'pea' eater major has an 'after dinner speaking contract..ffs that must be rivetting..

they allways have and they allways will..

they keep mugging us all off and we fall for the same old same old bollocks from them..

we put them in..

they feck it up..

we put another lot in..

this lot are going even further with the free market take over..

and the rich will get richer..

and we will moan on websites..

good is'nt it..

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

"

and what of bliar and what was the other chaps name?,did bliar go on to realise his ambition to rule the world/,or did he settle for the millions he and his wife could amass by selling the country?."

Mid East Peace envoy wasn't he?

And look how well that turned out?

» Add a new message to this topic