By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Suarez needs his bottom smacking "

no he doesnt - well he might like it lol

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

[Removed by poster at 11/02/12 12:59:33]

It isn't a legal requirement for players to shake hands before a match so if two people decide they don't want to then that's up to them. Why would Evra take Suarez hand if he proferred it? The guy clearly doesn't like black people.

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

There's not really any proof that Suarez doesn't like black people. There is strong evidence that he's not a very decent human being, though.

By *iceguydaveMan  over a year ago

Monmouth

Suarez' response to Evra was very childish. He'd have been better off just shaking his hand and getting on with the game - instead he's set the whole thing off again. Can't see his Liverpool team mates backing him quite so readily this time!

..Before anybody asks, I'm neutral - 'Arsenal fan in peace', as they say

"There's not really any proof that Suarez doesn't like black people. There is strong evidence that he's not a very decent human being, though. "

Racially abusing someone on the basis of their colour is usually a good indicator of dislike, and as the FA found him guilty and banned him for 8 matches there can be no dispute that Suarez is a racist.

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

So using racist language in one instance means someone without any doubt hates all black people?

I'm not saying he is or isn't a racist, just that it's not definite.

By *ill-alisonCouple  over a year ago

kirkby

evra

has been coaught on film shouting racist abuse at frank lampard from a hotel balcony in londin last years

evra was the the main instigator in the french team strike and split

i think this lad has cried wolf to many times

and it wasnt evra who made the complaint to the fa it was alix furgision

"So using racist language in one instance means someone without any doubt hates all black people?

I'm not saying he is or isn't a racist, just that it's not definite."

If you say something derogatory to someone based purely on that person's colour it is quite reasonable to assume that anyone else of the same colour would come under the same level of abuse had they been in the same situation as Evra found himself in. Suarez's actions on that day, and this, have confirmed that he is an out and out racist.

"There's not really any proof that Suarez doesn't like black people. There is strong evidence that he's not a very decent human being, though.

Racially abusing someone on the basis of their colour is usually a good indicator of dislike, and as the FA found him guilty and banned him for 8 matches there can be no dispute that Suarez is a racist."

I think he was accused of using ratably inflammatory language. not of being a racist there is a big difference.

By *ill-alisonCouple  over a year ago

kirkby

whAT EVRA DID AT THE END OF THE GAME PROVES WHAT A TROUBLE MAKER HE IS

AND WHY WOULD ANYONE SHAKE A PERSONS HAND AFTER TYHERE LIES HAD JUST COST YOUR FAMILY SO MUCH MONEY

AND SHAME BROUGHT ON YOU YOU NEVER DESERVED

ban evra

By *waymanMan  over a year ago

newcastle

"whAT EVRA DID AT THE END OF THE GAME PROVES WHAT A TROUBLE MAKER HE IS

AND WHY WOULD ANYONE SHAKE A PERSONS HAND AFTER TYHERE LIES HAD JUST COST YOUR FAMILY SO MUCH MONEY

AND SHAME BROUGHT ON YOU YOU NEVER DESERVED "

No need to shout, it's only soccer...

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"It isn't a legal requirement for players to shake hands before a match so if two people decide they don't want to then that's up to them. Why would Evra take Suarez hand if he proferred it? The guy clearly doesn't like black people."

his grandfather is black..

Personally i think it shows a complete lack of personal respect, the handshake isn't supposed to be about personal like or dislike (which is why i think Jamie Redknapp is wrong to say there shouldn't have been one) its supposed to be a sign of professional respect to remind everyone that no matter your differences that its just a game, they are role models and they are supposed to act in a way that reflects well on there chosen profession.

So saying Suarez is right because Evra is a troublemaker... makes perfect sense because Suarez is obviously a model human being and professional footballer! Evra may be fiery and sometimes lack judgement and he may take things too far on occasion but he's not a malicious person, what has Suarez done recently... Used racist language to insult someone, Kicked Scott Parker full in the stomach, swore at opposing fans, dived more than any player ive seen outside of Spain (and Drogba)and the handball in the world cup , which he then celebrated and called "the real hand of god" and boasted that he practices as a goalkeeper...hardly and honest and honourable man.

By *rumalexMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

personally i think if you dont want to shake some ones hand before a match i cant see the problem, when i played football i shook hands after the game was over to show that after 90 mins of whatever happened its all done with at the final whistle,

i cant recall too much fuss when wayne bridge didnt shake john terry's hand.

By *omaMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

who really gives a shit about the handshake?...We Won !...

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

what was done after the game?? been at the stadium of light all afternoon.... if it was just geeing up the crowd, and not doing it in front of the liverpool fans i don't have a problem with it..

after all evra has been thru i don't blame him... after all the abuse he got at anfield and he was the victim ... if it was me i would have laughed in suarez's face...

By *edbagioMan  over a year ago

ripon

as a man utd fan i back evra

but he said things to suarez

to gee him up and got racist comments back that to me is sledging;

like cricket getting an edge mentally.

dont think alex did us any good.

and kenny handled the post match in a dignified way

By *un_JuiceCouple  over a year ago

Nr Chester

Agreed about SAF. He continued to play Eric didn't he.

Evra as a captain may have been justified celebrating with his own fans for leapfrogging City for the first time in over 120 days but to do it near to Suarez was taking a big gamble. Suarez for once applied a bit of common sense not reacting.

Rooney made the difference. Liverpool were very average. As a neutral Kennys signings in Henderson & Carrol, Enrique ? were not Liverpool class.

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

What a twat...dont follow either team but he acted like a nasty spoilt brat refusing to shake hands.

Just got back from the game, had a great day and i have to say that Suarez was a disgrace today.

Evra offered his hand despite what Suarez has been found guilty of and still couldn't shake the lads hand.

Oh well never mind that incident, it was a great game and atmosphere and im pleased that Utd won (im not a utd fan by the way) but i was in the company of a Utd player so i had to sway towards them, haha....

I have just heard Kenny DogLeash in the interview and he really gives me the hump. Horrible man!!

Well done you Reds

"Personally i think it shows a complete lack of personal respect, the handshake isn't supposed to be about personal like or dislike (which is why i think Jamie Redknapp is wrong to say there shouldn't have been one) its supposed to be a sign of professional respect to remind everyone that no matter your differences that its just a game, they are role models and they are supposed to act in a way that reflects well on there chosen profession.

"

Now you see I agree with this sentiment. The handshake is not personal.

It is on behalf of all the team-mates, their supporters and the game itself.

An unspoken agreement to adhere to the rules of the game and it to be a clean fair one, to act like gentlemen.

in Lancashire

"

An unspoken agreement to adhere to the rules of the game and it to be a clean fair one, to act like gentlemen. "

Laine, i assume you are being ironic?

its all bollocks, they should bin the handshake..

they spend half the time trying to maim each other, cheating and swearing like scrotes..

a 'handshake' does not mean someone is a gentleman or a sportsman...

not in the 'beautifull' game nowadays..

Gentlemen don't play football

"

An unspoken agreement to adhere to the rules of the game and it to be a clean fair one, to act like gentlemen.

they spend half the time trying to maim each other, cheating and swearing like scrotes..

not in the 'beautifull' game nowadays.. "

I'm a rugby fan so follow the 'gentleman's' game more than footy.

I'd have thought any match or game or sports fixture the handshake would mean just that though. Being a 'true sport'*

*a dictionary definition - True sport. One known for the manner of one's acceptance of rules, especially of a game, or of a difficult situation.

One who accepts rules or difficult situations well.

By *littylikka69Man  over a year ago

West Midlands

the handshake berfore a game is bollocks indeed!,as mentioned already straight afterwards they are kicking each other up in the air and trying to get them sent off!.

ladst season didnt the manm city player bridge refuse to shake the hand off john terry?,nowt happened after that match so why all the fuss?,suarez and evra will never be mates!,end of story!.

Is anyone condemning Rio for not shaking Suarez's hand?

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

Merseyside

Who are Suarez and Evra....

Sounds like sommat you get dirt off your palms with.

"Is anyone condemning Rio for not shaking Suarez's hand?"

well said :D

in Lancashire

"

I'd have thought any match or game or sports fixture the handshake would mean just that though. Being a 'true sport'*

*a dictionary definition - True sport. One known for the manner of one's acceptance of rules, especially of a game, or of a difficult situation.

"

make you right with your definition..

ex 'proper shaped ball' player myself..

if only the rules of rugby with respect to the ref where applied to football..

'no swearing'... the premiership would collapse..

dont see much evidence of sportsmanship in the 'modern game', football that is..

By *UNCHBOXMan  over a year ago

folkestone

"

"

'Gentlemans' game'?. What a load of bollocks. Unless you call gouging your finger in an opponents eye or sticking your finger up an opponents arse a gentlemanly thing to do!.

Which was done after he saw Suarez refuse to shake Pats hand.

Lets not forget about this.

Suarez could of put an end to all of this today with a simple hand shake, but no he has to be big and clever and now it will be rumble on yet again.

"Is anyone condemning Rio for not shaking Suarez's hand?

Which was done after he saw Suarez refuse to shake Pats hand.

Lets not forget about this.

Suarez could of put an end to all of this today with a simple hand shake, but no he has to be big and clever and now it will be rumble on yet again."

A few others saw it to but only Ferdinand snubbed him.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

its an interesting discussion.. i think i would stick up for my captain and done the same....

i think the onus was on evra and suarez to do the right thing... I am not saying two wrongs make a right... but i look upon the suarez diss being a lot worse than the ferdinand one......

Maybe Suarez is still still unhappy about having his sister called a whore. Handshakes are a bit farcical as they all try to get the opposition sent off.

"A few others saw it to but only Ferdinand snubbed him."

This was about Suarez and Evra, its been a massive point for weeks and weeks and this was going to be a massive talking point today. If Suarez wanted to put it to bed, then he could of done simply by shaking his hand.

Both would of been praised with them drawing a line under the incident.

He refused and then now its going to go on and on again for weeks, were talking about it on here never mind Football forums all over the country.

Im just glad Utd out one up them today

We have a definate inballance in our society with how we deal with racism. There are still a lot of instances where descrimination is prominent but just alsmost accepted as part of our culture, these issues have been.brought to the fore over recent years and they are in some instances being resolved. However we seem to be.going to far thebother way in some instances, ingoring racist actions and descrimination against white people through fear of being

deemed a racistt yourself.

All that i and a lot other people want is fairness regardless of kreed or colour. That said tge only example of that was star trek which of course is pure fiction.

Really don't gave a toss, overpaid idiots who act like kids and then have the media stoking the fire to sell or keep you watching, and then the players play to the media hype. It's a vicious cycle of today's society, good or bad news some people couldn't careless as long as they are mentioned

Also i think its scary how many steps backward we've taken in regards to racism in Football in the last 6 months.

The English FA today announced a multi-million pound investment in a brand new centre of Handshaking as they admitted that English football has fallen behind the world in pre-match handshaking.

FA Director of Sitting on the fence, Sir Trevor Fooking CBE OBE MBE KBE told the media today that the centre will take in young footballers and focus on handshaking techniques from as young as 9 years old. "In Brazil they're handshaking on the beach almost as soon as they can walk" said Mr Fooking.

The knight of the realm continued "We've all seen the failure in recent years of the handshake in the English game, it's replaced the exit on penalties and losing to the Germans in the national psyche.

The Centre of Excellence will be have two regional centres, one in West London and one in Manchester, two areas where pre-match handshaking is amongst the lowest in the country.

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

I was at the game...

suarez is a nasty piece of work...

1) didn't offer hand to evra

2) smashed a few of our players in bad tackles

3) went down like he had been shot at end of first half.

4) smashed ball twice in to the crowd...1 hitting crowd and one hitting camera man.

At the end...yes evra was celebrating in front of the stretford end...right in front of where i sit....but the kopites....got pissed of and started at evra.....

I want to know how the kopites can sing the evra is a liar when the FA have found and charged suarez with making a racial comment.....

by the way united won 2-1....giggsy 12 gerrard 0

By *U1966Man  over a year ago

Devon

It would of been better if suarez had shaken evras but he has plenty of reasons not to can ferdinand and welbeck say the same

poor performance from liverpool on the field man utd deserved the three points still wont have a pot to p*ss in at the end of the season though

» Add a new message to this topic