FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Banning spiting in public

Banning spiting in public

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Apparently one borough in London is looking to ban spitting in public and fining those that do. Is this a good idea or do you think its the next step in big brother telling you what you can or cannot do?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It's a filthy habit!!

It puts me off my morning wank at the bus stop if someone spits at the side of me!

It should be banned its disgusting if you can't swallow use a tissue

By *un_JuiceCouple  over a year ago

Nr Chester

Will it be exempt on a football or sports field I wonder. Dry mouth can be a reason to feel the need but often it's not the reason.

It is disgusting but the need to make it illegal is questionable.

Regardless people need to realise the difference between legal and lawful anyhow.

If for example I swallowed a fly and my bodily reaction would be to heave and spit. I would not accept it for one minute.

Statutes and policies are only given the force of the law by those that consent.

Under my right to adhere to common law only I would not be obliged to consent by giving my name,dob,address etc.

When asked if you understand, simple no. You do not 'stand under' their authority nor do you agree with it.

Every police force is a plc, by birth you are a corporation. It's contractual law which you can opt out by not being in agreement to their terms.

Spitting carries many viruses and illnesses, not to mention not nice.

So yes, a nice big fine for those who spit in public.

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

I always thought spitting was covered in the law somewhere… but it may just have been some local by-laws…. I just remember hearing somewhere about it dating back to when TB and the like was rife.

"I always thought spitting was covered in the law somewhere… but it may just have been some local by-laws…. I just remember hearing somewhere about it dating back to when TB and the like was rife."

+1 i thought it was already illegal xx

"I always thought spitting was covered in the law somewhere… but it may just have been some local by-laws…. I just remember hearing somewhere about it dating back to when TB and the like was rife."

When I lived in Hong Kong 26yrs ago I never got use to the spitting and that was the thing that bothered me most was that there was still a lot of TB out there.

I hate seeing people spitting!

.... unless it's on the end of their cock

"I hate seeing people spitting!

.... unless it's on the end of their cock "

eeewwww I cant even do that its yuk

Spitting, throwing rubbish on the floor, spitting out chewing gums onto the floor/pavement, putting feet with dirty shoes on seats, etc. etc., are all anti-social behaviours IMHO, and should be banned.

"Will it be exempt on a football or sports field I wonder. Dry mouth can be a reason to feel the need but often it's not the reason.

Regardless people need to realise the difference between legal and lawful anyhow.

If for example I swallowed a fly and my bodily reaction would be to heave and spit. I would not accept it for one minute.

Statutes and policies are only given the force of the law by those that consent.

Under my right to adhere to common law only I would not be obliged to consent by giving my name,dob,address etc.

When asked if you understand, simple no. You do not 'stand under' their authority nor do you agree with it.

Every police force is a plc, by birth you are a corporation. It's contractual law which you can opt out by not being in agreement to their terms. "

So if I choose to opt out then... Am I entitled to break into your house, murder you, do unmentionable things to your loved ones... Before killing them, then steal all of your property... Purely by my right to opt out of my legal obligations?

If thay need to do this why cant thay get some loo roll to do it in ... or in public loo .. if thay have too ..

[Removed by poster at 11/02/12 11:23:33]

"Will it be exempt on a football or sports field I wonder. Dry mouth can be a reason to feel the need but often it's not the reason.

Every police force is a plc, by birth you are a corporation. It's contractual law which you can opt out by not being in agreement to their terms. "

Sports fields and gutters are exempt its pavements and public places that. they want to target.

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"I always thought spitting was covered in the law somewhere… but it may just have been some local by-laws…. I just remember hearing somewhere about it dating back to when TB and the like was rife.

When I lived in Hong Kong 26yrs ago I never got use to the spitting and that was the thing that bothered me most was that there was still a lot of TB out there."

Used to be the same in Beijing but then they banned it for the Olympics and now no-one spits in the street.

Mind you the prisons might be full of spitters...

By *arambarMan  over a year ago

swindon

"Spitting, throwing rubbish on the floor, spitting out chewing gums onto the floor/pavement, putting feet with dirty shoes on seats, etc. etc., are all anti-social behaviours IMHO, and should be banned.

"

Ooh, I'm with you on all of those points, Pearl.

It drives me mad when friends come to my house to visit and don't take their shoes off. And if they walk upstairs which is carpeted (unlike my downstairs... fnar fnar fnar) then they get an extra earful of abuse.

And another thing that annoys me is when people driving in their cars have finished eating an apple and they just wind down the window and throw it out. I appreciate that it's biodegradable but it'll biodegrade in your bin at home as well as it will on the side of the road, ffs!

"Apparently one borough in London is looking to ban spitting in public and fining those that do. Is this a good idea or do you think its the next step in big brother telling you what you can or cannot do?"

I've always thought it should be the woman's perogative as to whether she spits or swallows! mind you - don't tend to have too many public BJ's these days so pretty sure she'd be safe either way!

By *arambarMan  over a year ago

swindon

Every police force is a plc, by birth you are a corporation. It's contractual law which you can opt out by not being in agreement to their terms.

So if I choose to opt out then... Am I entitled to break into your house, murder you, do unmentionable things to your loved ones... Before killing them, then steal all of your property... Purely by my right to opt out of my legal obligations?"

Yes, but we're also entitled to hang you by your neck until dead even though the death penalty has long been abolished under the UK law you've opted out of.

"Apparently one borough in London is looking to ban spitting in public and fining those that do. Is this a good idea or do you think its the next step in big brother telling you what you can or cannot do?

I've always thought it should be the woman's perogative as to whether she spits or swallows! mind you - don't tend to have too many public BJ's these days so pretty sure she'd be safe either way! "

Not that. sort of spitting

By *evilwolfCouple  over a year ago

Leicestershire

It's a filthy disgusting thing that should only be done as a last resort.

Some seem to turn it into a sport of shocking others, and others an almost subconscious nervous habit they can't get out of.

Keep it with the dogmuck on the sports fields or down the drains... not in bus-shelters and the pavements that people have to walk on. It's as bad as those who go pissing in shop doorways!

Wolf

By *enithWoman  over a year ago

closer than you think

"Spitting, throwing rubbish on the floor, spitting out chewing gums onto the floor/pavement, putting feet with dirty shoes on seats, etc. etc., are all anti-social behaviours IMHO, and should be banned.

"

+ 1

By *bfoxxxMan  over a year ago

Crete or LANCASTER

I am all for it. Just think how many overpaid under performing footballers that would get rid of, And then we could go after people having loud conversations on mobile phones, and stepping on cracks in pavements, and being in possession of an offensive wife.

We all know the real culprits are politicians, bankers and the councillors.

eeewwww I cant even do that its yuk "

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

yes it is disgusting..

so is dog faeces..

and wrong un's chucking food wrappers, cigarette ends etc out of their cars..

and many other aspects of anti social behaviour..

call me a cynic but is there also not an element of raising money about this..

"I am all for it. Just think how many overpaid under performing footballers that would get rid of, And then we could go after people having loud conversations on mobile phones, and stepping on cracks in pavements, and being in possession of an offensive wife.

We all know the real culprits are politicians, bankers and the councillors. "

what happened to estate agents???

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Havent read all the responses but its THE most filthiest disgusting habit on this planet and they should have there noses wiped in it, absolutly vile it is

Not a fan of spitting, I nearly got punched by a guy when I confronted him over spitting down an interior stairwell in a building once.

I stood my ground and he backed down and eventually appologised though.

Think the world has gone mad tbh. There are far more important things to be dealing with than someone spitting.

"Think the world has gone mad tbh. There are far more important things to be dealing with than someone spitting. "

To be fair, you could say that about any subject that comes up on the forums

By *ucsparkMan  over a year ago

dudley

"

That list is pretty much endless, the main problem I think is people not thinking what impact their actions are having towards others and worst still not bothered when they do

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

"Think the world has gone mad tbh. There are far more important things to be dealing with than someone spitting. "

I agree but the question was about spitting, it could of been about anything but what i put was aimed at spitting. I might think other things are far worse

dudley

"yes it is disgusting..

so is dog faeces..

and wrong un's chucking food wrappers, cigarette ends etc out of their cars..

and many other aspects of anti social behaviour..

call me a cynic but is there also not an element of raising money about this.."

My pet hate pardon the pun is dog fouling I have a guide dog and by law I do not need to clean up but always do as it is the responsible thing for a dog owner to do

yuk yuk yuk ,dirty b-----ds that gob or clean out there nose on the pavment ,kids who drag it into the house on there feet who gives them the right to expect the rest of to live amoung there tilth ,use a tissue ,where i livew in scotland is realy bad ,and at times where to lane leads past the back of our hous thats all you can hear in the morning is dirty shits cleaning out there cords ,yuk ,jail them and throw away the key ,no excuse for it

Let's just make everything illegal that pisses someone off and work forward from there.

Now, which of you criminal scumbags are still wearing clothes?

It's on a par with litter or worse as far as I am concerned. Can't see how they are going to enforce it though.

The problem with over legislating is that prosecution becomes difficult and then the strength of law is undermined.

Eduction might be a better way. Like the anti smoking, drink driving and drugs tv ads for example.

eeewwww I cant even do that its yuk "

+1 yuck

dudley

"It's on a par with litter or worse as far as I am concerned. Can't see how they are going to enforce it though.

The problem with over legislating is that prosecution becomes difficult and then the strength of law is undermined.

Eduction might be a better way. Like the anti smoking, drink driving and drugs tv ads for example."

Well if I dropped litter etc my parent would go mad and my daughter would never dream of dropping litter etc. I remember the keep Britain tidy adverts when I was young and was shocked that people dropped litter

"It's on a par with litter or worse as far as I am concerned. Can't see how they are going to enforce it though.

Eduction might be a better way. Like the anti smoking, drink driving and drugs tv ads for example.

Well if I dropped litter etc my parent would go mad and my daughter would never dream of dropping litter etc. I remember the keep Britain tidy adverts when I was young and was shocked that people dropped litter"

education through the various media that the young use is really really unexploited. There should be educational material included on all those games and stuff that is sold, the kind that you cannot skip too.

Observation of generally acceptable civic behaviour needs to be continually reinforced and (hopefully) rewarded until it becomes habit. (in my opinion of course)

it shouldn't need legislation to ban it,nobody should do it anyway!

Agree its a discusting habbit.

When your walking down the street with little ones and some nice person by the side of you decides to spit.

Then you have to tell the 2 little ones that its a dirty thing to do and they shouldnt do it.

Lo and behold the next day they come home from playschool and do the same thing because a very nice child has taught them to do it!

Spitting on someone's genitals during sex makes me heave and if it happens I tend to switch off immediately. I find it repulsive.

"Spitting on someone's genitals during sex makes me heave and if it happens I tend to switch off immediately. I find it repulsive."

+1

"Spitting on someone's genitals during sex makes me heave and if it happens I tend to switch off immediately. I find it repulsive."

That's a nasty fetish ain't it. I've seen some spit from one mouth to another and swap it like cum.

but then what's repulsive to most is the height of fantasy to another...

Wolf

"So if I choose to opt out then... Am I entitled to break into your house, murder you, do unmentionable things to your loved ones... Before killing them, then steal all of your property... Purely by my right to opt out of my legal obligations?

Yes, but we're also entitled to hang you by your neck until dead even though the death penalty has long been abolished under the UK law you've opted out of. "

True...

How nice to have someone to stop me doing anti social things... Almost like a big brother...;-)

By *waymanMan  over a year ago

newcastle

Were there mushrooms on your pizza last night? That's some serious rubbish you're coming out with there...

Oh My GAWD!! ...you just made me want pizza...

..... runs off to look in purse

Crete or LANCASTER

Well, the list goes on, how about directing the spit at car clampers ?

Crete or LANCASTER

Well done, you've got balls !

I only half read this and wondered what someone's doing with their jewles out in public for a moment. I would agree with the crotch spitting though as its not good.

"Spitting on someone's genitals during sex makes me heave and if it happens I tend to switch off immediately. I find it repulsive.

That's a nasty fetish ain't it. I've seen some spit from one mouth to another and swap it like cum.

but then what's repulsive to most is the height of fantasy to another...

Wolf

"

My disgustingness is my best quality

Disgusting in public yes, worthy of a law.. no

Just because it offends some people it doesn't mean it should be illegal.

.... unless it's on the end of their cock "

See although I love my cock being coated with a lady's saliva as it makes it slick and oh so sensitive I never saw the attraction with this... till recently when a woman did this to me in between taking my prick into her mouth, then it suddenly became in my eyes an extremely horny thing to do.....

By *BW38jWoman  over a year ago

Dudley/Telford

repulsive and it spreads TB which is on the rise in his country again. ive never done it in public and in private i swallow cos it rude to spit

" "

Most acts that aren't particularly a turn on suddenly become an incredibly horny experience in the right circumstances Madam...

By *weet DevilMan  over a year ago

dukinfield

so does that mean swallow every time and no spitting it out then ?? heehee

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

It is unhygienic and unnecessary...apparently the law was repealed in 1990, no doubt because tb was no longer considered a public health risk...since it is on the rise it should be banned for no other reason.

Pthu!

"It is unhygienic and unnecessary...apparently the law was repealed in 1990, no doubt because tb was no longer considered a public health risk...since it is on the rise it should be banned for no other reason."

It goes to show some lows are best left as they are. It is a revolting habit and people should know better.

By *urreyfun2008Man  over a year ago

East Grinstead

At least chewing tobacco isn't common here, have been to places in rural US complete with spittons - never felt the need to retch in public before that.

By *waymanMan  over a year ago

newcastle

"It is unhygienic and unnecessary...apparently the law was repealed in 1990, no doubt because tb was no longer considered a public health risk...since it is on the rise it should be banned for no other reason."

It was a kind of consequential repeal- PHA 1936 was replaced by EPA 1990 which created a list of health risks that were to be prevented.

PHA 1936 was a nasty piece of legislation - S.169 for instance contained the notorious compulsory hospitalization clause, and its antiquity probably is reflected in the clause (165?) making it illegal to hold a wake over the corpse of someone who died of a notifiable disease....

There isn't a measurable serious health risk from spitting - it's just an unpleasant, manky habit.

The prospect of a local authority training its staff to give fixed penalties in the street for spitting is deeply troubling - wil it work? I doubt it...

"putting feet with dirty shoes on seats"

Ooooh don't get me started on that one. I travel to work by train and it drives me nuts.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"Let's just make everything illegal that pisses someone off and work forward from there.

Now, which of you criminal scumbags are still wearing clothes? "

Not me officer

Surely TB is on the rise because they don't do the TB Jab in schools anymore?? Not just down to spitting? More likley to catch desease from sneazing ect????? Although spitting in public places shouldn't be done and folk should have more respect..

» Add a new message to this topic