FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > I don't normally whinge or moan, BUT....

I don't normally whinge or moan, BUT....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

....we (meaning me and hubby) were loading our dead washing machine into his car to get rid..... I had the 'concrete weight end' (somehow) and we slipped on the tw@tting ice with the fecking 'concrete-loaded-useless-piece-of-extremely-heavy-eqipment' has just taken a swipe at me foo

...agony doesn't describe it

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"....we (meaning me and hubby) were loading our dead washing machine into his car to get rid..... I had the 'concrete weight end' (somehow) and we slipped on the tw@tting ice with the fecking 'concrete-loaded-useless-piece-of-extremely-heavy-eqipment' has just taken a swipe at me foo

...agony doesn't describe it "

well if you want your foo kissing better ???

round here you just leave it out front of your house and the scrap man picks it up within minutes!

Do you like big purple swollen ones? xx

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

"....we (meaning me and hubby) were loading our dead washing machine into his car to get rid..... I had the 'concrete weight end' (somehow) and we slipped on the tw@tting ice with the fecking 'concrete-loaded-useless-piece-of-extremely-heavy-eqipment' has just taken a swipe at me foo

You do have my sympathy.

Did you go into a spin?

Bradford

And may i ask down which dark lane you were gonna dump it at 22.26 pm?

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Im sure Mr will kiss it better?

OUCH! ooooh that's gotta hurt!

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

Merseyside

"

And may i ask down which dark lane you were gonna dump it at 22.26 pm?"

Be accurate mushroom,

It was 22:18

By *ittlemorespiceCouple  over a year ago

North Cornwall

hmmm funny how we always end up with the heaviest end isnt it!!!!

OOOOOOOOOOOO nasty,i would recommend putting ice on your bruised foot,but on second thoughts best not i'll keep me mush shut lol xx

By *oantrimcpl2010Couple  over a year ago

Lisburn

ouchhh

Oops! Hope you feel better soon!

Thanks Frockles xx

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

Nae luck hen!!!!!

Ok... to those that have sniggered (ie Soapstar) ..... you can inspect the damage in 2020

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

"

And may i ask down which dark lane you were gonna dump it at 22.26 pm?"

my thoughts exactly - bloody fly tippers!!!

"OOOOOOOOOOOO nasty,i would recommend putting ice on your bruised foot,but on second thoughts best not i'll keep me mush shut lol xx "

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

was it your foo or fooT???

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

"was it your foo or fooT???"

+1 - read this and thought the poor girl had hurt half of her foo foo - so much more painful I would have thought than dropping the fecker on her foot

"

my thoughts exactly - bloody fly tippers!!!"

Fly tipping the washing machine into the back of our own car? How much is the fine?

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

"

Fly tipping the washing machine into the back of our own car? How much is the fine? "

ahh but I bet you aren't going to leave it in the back of the car for eternity lol

Bradford

"

Fly tipping the washing machine into the back of our own car? How much is the fine? "

50 lashes

"round here you just leave it out front of your house and the scrap man picks it up within minutes!"

I was going to say the same thing. Had new oven and hob fitted before Christmas. In the time it took the fitter to install my appliances they had gone!

Story........

So I studied in the Midlands and well the washing machine (with the heavy concrete base), was fritzed so after spending an hour dragging the fatherless thing to the front door, I manuvered it of the front step and out into the street (next to the wheely bin (sans cat).

Now having broken (probably) three ribs, and torn (what little) muscles I had in my back, i popped down the council offices, and spoke to a nice lady in the "White Goods Disposal Unit" (no phone number, but I could tell she liked me).

I promptly wrote out a check for £18 (student remember), and was informed that the offending concrete arsed one would be removed the following Wednesday.

Arrived back home, walked in the house, got all the way to the kitchen before having a double take.... Went back to the front door, looked outside.... No Washing Machine.

Confused (it doesnt take much), i pondered for a while (I am a famous ponderer), and phoned the council who told me that "No we are collecting it nect Wednesday", to which I replied "Cancel the check".

Moral of the story..... If you want rid of a useless washing machine, stick it on the pavement outside your house, then make every endeavour to have the thing properly disposed of, and Lo! (and probably six "verily's"), some pikey will nick it!

**Note you chose to waste 5 minutes of your life reading this post, I will not apologise**

The neighbours take them here !

"round here you just leave it out front of your house and the scrap man picks it up within minutes!

I was going to say the same thing. Had new oven and hob fitted before Christmas. In the time it took the fitter to install my appliances they had gone! "

Snap, sometimes they knock at the door asking if they can take it, sometimes they don't. Not bothered at all, as long as they take it.

"was it your foo or fooT???

+1 - read this and thought the poor girl had hurt half of her foo foo - so much more painful I would have thought than dropping the fecker on her foot "

I can confirm there was no 't' left out in error

"was it your foo or fooT???

+1 - read this and thought the poor girl had hurt half of her foo foo - so much more painful I would have thought than dropping the fecker on her foot

I can confirm there was no 't' left out in error "

hope it's feeling better this morning

Hope you get lots of volunteers to rub it better for you.

"round here you just leave it out front of your house and the scrap man picks it up within minutes!

I was going to say the same thing. Had new oven and hob fitted before Christmas. In the time it took the fitter to install my appliances they had gone! "

I've heard so many stories about that sort of thing happening lol ....but we don't have any 'passers by' where we live, just a feckin council spy or two that likes to fine anyone that puts anything more than the bin and recycling ....lucky our local tip is very err local!

At least they pinch your old ones.. When we lived in Castleford,we put a new one (only 2 weeks old) outside of our kitchen which made it in view from the road. We were just doing some work in there, went to bring it back in 20 mins later and it was gone!!!! Asked neighbour if he'd seen anyone and his reply was no but the RAG AND BONE man has just been up the street... Did we find him NO!!!!

"At least they pinch your old ones.. When we lived in Castleford,we put a new one (only 2 weeks old) outside of our kitchen which made it in view from the road. We were just doing some work in there, went to bring it back in 20 mins later and it was gone!!!! Asked neighbour if he'd seen anyone and his reply was no but the RAG AND BONE man has just been up the street... Did we find him NO!!!! "

That's not good

By *lam rockerMan  over a year ago

Tain

yep, put it out, the LDV 3.5t pick up in three shades of blue/red and rust will miraculously appear and nick the offending object. Round our way they ask to take things. In other places they just nick them.

I've never had to pay to dispose of any old white goods, even the fridge.

Its a whole culture in France...;-)

If you need something you wander the streets after midnight, before thinking of buying a new one...B-)

By *odareyouMan  over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

Where there's blame there's a claim,..

you'll need photographs of your foo ( pre injury... and post injury ) please place them on the fab website where the gentlemen of said site can accurately assess the injury.. purely for legal purposes

Ouch!! *belated hug*

» Add a new message to this topic