FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Stalkers, treatment and rehabilitation or prison sentence?

Stalkers, treatment and rehabilitation or prison sentence?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Having first hand experience of being stalked, I know how frightening and emotionally draining it is.

I read today with interest that a National Stalking Clinic is due to open in London, The cost of the treatment for an 18-month course will cost up to £10,000 but they claim it will be cheaper and more effective than a short prison sentence.

Now bearing in mind that Figures from the British Crime Survey suggest there may be as many as 120,000 instances of stalking every year in England and Wales, but only 2% of cases result in convictions.

Currently in England stalking offences are dealt with under the harassment laws and does not take stalking serious enough IMO, in Scotland stalking was made a criminal offence in 2010 and as resulted in many more people been convicted.

I think stalking should be a criminal offence in England and sentences to be heavy, alongside of a prison sentence they should get treatment but I don't think treatment and rehabilitation alone is enough.

I also think that the police should be better trained to deal with stalking situations.

What's your thoughts?

Kat x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

At least the stalkers will know what its like to be stalked when they get their own personal stalker at the meetings!

Seriously. How can it work if the more serious cases are still left roaming and stalking?

have to agree with you.

altohugh there has to be the evidence.

i got accused of stalking my ex. yet she was always coming down MY house to see if she had post, or if i would fix her car. lol.

i must be the laziest stalker on the planet. lol

By *am sampsonMan  over a year ago

cwmbran

"Having first hand experience of being stalked, I know how frightening and emotionally draining it is.

I read today with interest that a National Stalking Clinic is due to open in London, The cost of the treatment for an 18-month course will cost up to £10,000 but they claim it will be cheaper and more effective than a short prison sentence.

Now bearing in mind that Figures from the British Crime Survey suggest there may be as many as 120,000 instances of stalking every year in England and Wales, but only 2% of cases result in convictions.

Currently in England stalking offences are dealt with under the harassment laws and does not take stalking serious enough IMO, in Scotland stalking was made a criminal offence in 2010 and as resulted in many more people been convicted.

I think stalking should be a criminal offence in England and sentences to be heavy, alongside of a prison sentence they should get treatment but I don't think treatment and rehabilitation alone is enough.

I also think that the police should be better trained to deal with stalking situations.

What's your thoughts?

Kat x

"

I suppose as with any crime theres a sliding scale of how bad it is and the sentence should reflect that - with prison being reserved for only the most serious cases where the intact was to inflict serious physical or mental harm.

"Having first hand experience of being stalked, I know how frightening and emotionally draining it is.

What's your thoughts?

Kat x

"

They need help! But a good kicking would be cheaper.

Help or kicking which is best?

There is only one way to find out!

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

It's only my opinion but from limited experience some stalkers definitely do need psychological help.

What's your thoughts?

Kat x

"

i agree x

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Jeremy Vine highlighted this today in his Radio programme, made interesting listening, i can see the points both for and against

I always find myself asking the question: Don't these women who are stlaked have any male members of their family they can turn to?

If any of the female members of our family fell victim to a twat who wouldn't leave her alone he'd find himself dragged into a van late at night by a me, my bro and a few hardcore cousins from sarf london and well, he would be stalking his next victim from a hospital bed.

"

It's only my opinion but from limited experience some stalkers definitely do need psychological help. "

However limited your experience that is undeniably accurate. Though I'd be inclined to say most.

I've only had one experience and it ended up with me almost being stabbed. Despite the gravity of the situation I got the distinict impression that the police fekt that mt g/f was in someway at least partly to blame.

"I always find myself asking the question: Don't these women who are stlaked have any male members of their family they can turn to?

If any of the female members of our family fell victim to a twat who wouldn't leave her alone he'd find himself dragged into a van late at night by a me, my bro and a few hardcore cousins from sarf london and well, he would be stalking his next victim from a hospital bed. "

And then you, your bro and your cousins would end up on an assault charge and tbh would lower yourselves to his level IMO.

Dont get me wrong I understand where you are coming from, kev was the same when it was happening to me, in fact it was his first reaction and it took a lot for me to stop him, but taking the law into your own hands is not the answer.

Saying that the law at the moment is not working and it needs re-assessing, which was the point of my op.

kat x x

Unfortunately the law isn't there at 2am when aforementioned twat decides he can't take it anymore and takes stalking to the next level and physically harm his victim.

Besides, a GBH charge can only be applied if the police know who to apply it to. It's a dog eat dog world out there and one has to take care of one's own if the law is either powerless to act, or unwilling to act.

"I always find myself asking the question: Don't these women who are stlaked have any male members of their family they can turn to?

If any of the female members of our family fell victim to a twat who wouldn't leave her alone he'd find himself dragged into a van late at night by a me, my bro and a few hardcore cousins from sarf london and well, he would be stalking his next victim from a hospital bed. "

That's so immature! Its just dropping to a tit for tat situation. We have a legal system and nobody is above it.

"Unfortunately the law isn't there at 2am when aforementioned twat decides he can't take it anymore and takes stalking to the next level and physically harm his victim.

"

Is this a personal experience wishy?

I have to agree with darkthoughts no one is above the law.

kat xx

"The cost of the treatment for an 18-month course will cost up to £10,000

"

cost of 1 bullet and 11 blanks is less than a fiver

" We have a legal system and nobody is above it."

Really? Well I never!

"Unfortunately the law isn't there at 2am when aforementioned twat decides he can't take it anymore and takes stalking to the next level and physically harm his victim.

Is this a personal experience wishy?

I have to agree with darkthoughts no one is above the law.

kat xx

"

Yes, fortunately the stalker's brother was in the same regiment as a member of our family. The stalker didn't stalk anymore... and not a legal bod in sight.

» Add a new message to this topic