FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Computer help please

Computer help please

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

The curser on my lap top has stopped moving I don't have a mouse any ideas as to why?

Thank you x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Have ya tried rebooting ya comp?? xx

Turn off and on again, see what happens, if not I know someone who uses a lap top all the time, so I could ask him for you

By *illow PimpMan  over a year ago

Midlothian

Try updating cursor drivers

Or it could just be sticky

"Have ya tried rebooting ya comp?? xx "

It's going to get my size 5 boot in a min

"Turn off and on again, see what happens, if not I know someone who uses a lap top all the time, so I could ask him for you "

I can't shut it down without the curser so have unplugged it prob not a good idea though didn't know what else to do.

"Turn off and on again, see what happens, if not I know someone who uses a lap top all the time, so I could ask him for you

I can't shut it down without the curser so have unplugged it prob not a good idea though didn't know what else to do. "

Shut it down using the windows button and the arrow buttons to go down the list

"Try updating cursor drivers

Or it could just be sticky "

had to update drivers when my mousepad stopped doing the scroll and magnify functions.

Or it could just be sticky "

What where and how would I do that please as I don't have a clue about lap tops sorry.

"Turn off and on again, see what happens, if not I know someone who uses a lap top all the time, so I could ask him for you

I can't shut it down without the curser so have unplugged it prob not a good idea though didn't know what else to do.

Shut it down using the windows button and the arrow buttons to go down the list"

Oops too late but will start up again x

stop spittin ya tea over it that will help

"stop spittin ya tea over it that will help "

Oi get it right it's coffee

What where and how would I do that please as I don't have a clue about lap tops sorry. "

Sticky as in you have pressed some keys and put in in sticky mode, I think, or you have got the keys sticky from food stuffs in which case you need to clean them carefully.

Using the keypad itself ie Ctrl and v which means paste. When you click on the tabs in Word or Excel ie File, you get a drop down menu, against some options, it gives you short cut keys like I have said for paste. Not all options have a short cut. I use them alot

"stop spittin ya tea over it that will help

Oi get it right it's coffee "

ok coffee then

Midlothian

What where and how would I do that please as I don't have a clue about lap tops sorry. "

If your lappy came with a drivers disc try installing that or go onto windows update and it will find and give you the latest cursor drivers.

regarding being sticky thats just my dirty mind

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

Go to the Control Panel (should be on the panel if you press windows button) and then Device Manager. One item in the list should be "Mice and other pointing devices" if you're on Vista or something similar if not. Right click the mouse that's shown there and you should get Update Driver Software as an option.

What where and how would I do that please as I don't have a clue about lap tops sorry.

If your lappy came with a drivers disc try installing that or go onto windows update and it will find and give you the latest cursor drivers.

regarding being sticky thats just my dirty mind "

I wish I wasn't so thick I have got the restore bit up but can't do any more cos I just don't understand , I'm so sorry I don't know why I asked cos I'm too thick to work out from written word what to do but thank you for trying to help infact thank you all from a thick Moodycow today xx

By *rs and mr sanddancerCouple  over a year ago

Boldon

You didn't turn it off by mistake did ya? I have an acer aspire and it has a little button next to the pad which turns it off when you press it. I'm not sure how you get into it through control panel if you don't have the button

Midlothian

"I wish I wasn't so thick I have got the restore bit up but can't do any more cos I just don't understand , I'm so sorry I don't know why I asked cos I'm too thick to work out from written word what to do but thank you for trying to help infact thank you all from a thick Moodycow today xx"

Get you fixed dont fret lol, ok back to basics what operating system you running ? vista ? xp ?

"I wish I wasn't so thick I have got the restore bit up but can't do any more cos I just don't understand , I'm so sorry I don't know why I asked cos I'm too thick to work out from written word what to do but thank you for trying to help infact thank you all from a thick Moodycow today xx

Get you fixed dont fret lol, ok back to basics what operating system you running ? vista ? xp ? "

Vista only know that cos it says it on lap top

Midlothian

"Get you fixed dont fret lol, ok back to basics what operating system you running ? vista ? xp ?

Vista only know that cos it says it on lap top "

ok go to who ever made your lappy website and look for the support/download tab

you will find who made lappy written on it as well lol

sure u havent accidently disabled it? you can do that to use an external mouse

check the buttons for a touchpad icon. on mines its in blue and u have to press the Fn key plus that to enable/disable it

"Get you fixed dont fret lol, ok back to basics what operating system you running ? vista ? xp ?

Vista only know that cos it says it on lap top

ok go to who ever made your lappy website and look for the support/download tab

you will find who made lappy written on it as well lol "

It's not going to work cos you have just lost me again , I'm a bad learner have to be shown sorry but thank you. X

you can shut it down without the cursor,

Press the windows key and navigate through the menu with the up down left right and enter keys

however most laptops have a small button on or around the mouse pad which stops it working either that or its on the light up keys at the back... try locating one of those

Midlothian

"It's not going to work cos you have just lost me again , I'm a bad learner have to be shown sorry but thank you. X"

Is it an acer, dell, samsung ?

go to which ever one it is website and look for the support/driver page

"you can shut it down without the cursor,

Press the windows key and navigate through the menu with the up down left right and enter keys

however most laptops have a small button on or around the mouse pad which stops it working either that or its on the light up keys at the back... try locating one of those"

Omg I could cry thank you I found the button thank you thank you all so very much feel so stupid now I have never noticed the button before xx

Midlothian

"Omg I could cry thank you I found the button thank you thank you all so very much feel so stupid now I have never noticed the button before xx"

A happy ending

Guess what I am back on lap top thank you all again for being so patient with me this morning xxx

however most laptops have a small button on or around the mouse pad which stops it working either that or its on the light up keys at the back... try locating one of those

Omg I could cry thank you I found the button thank you thank you all so very much feel so stupid now I have never noticed the button before xx"

Took me a little while the first time i accidently pressed it

Omg I could cry thank you I found the button thank you thank you all so very much feel so stupid now I have never noticed the button before xx

Took me a little while the first time i accidently pressed it"

I need a huge flashing light with an arrow and someone shouting look Im here this morning bloody stupid piddly little button lol

I need a huge flashing light with an arrow and someone shouting look Im here this morning bloody stupid piddly little button lol "

Get a little label in a nice bright colour and stick it on the liddle piddly button

I need a huge flashing light with an arrow and someone shouting look Im here this morning bloody stupid piddly little button lol

Get a little label in a nice bright colour and stick it on the liddle piddly button "

no need cos thats one piddly little button I wont ever forget now

By *odareyouMan  over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

Ahem,,, just like a guy trying to find a clitoris...

I need a huge flashing light with an arrow and someone shouting look Im here.. no need cos thats one piddly little button I wont ever forget now

"Ahem,,, just like a guy trying to find a clitoris...

I need a huge flashing light with an arrow and someone shouting look Im here.. no need cos thats one piddly little button I wont ever forget now

"

I am going to admit to thinking that when I mentioned the piddle little button

» Add a new message to this topic