FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Economy or Environment?

Economy or Environment?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Economy or Environment? A topic from today's Wright stuff.

My personal view is the world needs greener energy, no point saying we don't have the technologies etc, We have plenty of wind, wave, even solar and many more we can use. So what if wind turbines are an eyesore.

If our country became the biggest makers of green energy supplies, you create 1000s of jobs, other countries buying our products and a better environment for all, a win,win.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

When people are desperate for power to eat and heat they won't much care for the environment.

Maybe the environment won't much care for the people either but it will recover.

By *ot - CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

At the moment economy is most important for us.

By *waymanMan  over a year ago

newcastle

"At the moment economy is most important for us. "

The two can go hand in hand.

There are lots of mini hydro schemes that could start tomorrow, and lots of schemes like pumped storage that could be implemented that would generate jobs and economic growth.

A reasonable implementation of wave power (one major barrage, four or five medium sized and about twenty smaller ones) would be a massive driver of growth....

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Until other countries come into line regarding their enviroment and the effects their industry has on the world it will alway be a non starter for me.

The economy all the way at present!

By *ot - CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

If there is no economy then we don't have any work we are both self employed.

By *arambarMan  over a year ago

swindon

"Until other countries come into line regarding their enviroment and the effects their industry has on the world it will alway be a non starter for me.

The economy all the way at present! "

This matches my thoughts on it too... us Brits could all turn to green power, but until the big polluters of the world (USA, China, India, Russia, etc...) started to reduce their carbon footprints then it'd just be a drop in the (polluted) ocean.

As much as I'd love to see the world's total carbon footprint reduced, I'm loathed to make sacrifices when a) we're not one of the big hitters, and b) the big bad boys in this don't intend to try to reduce their emissions (remember USA and Kyoto Protocol, anyone...?)

"Until other countries come into line regarding their enviroment and the effects their industry has on the world it will alway be a non starter for me.

The economy all the way at present!

This matches my thoughts on it too... us Brits could all turn to green power, but until the big polluters of the world (USA, China, India, Russia, etc...) started to reduce their carbon footprints then it'd just be a drop in the (polluted) ocean.

As much as I'd love to see the world's total carbon footprint reduced, I'm loathed to make sacrifices when a) we're not one of the big hitters, and b) the big bad boys in this don't intend to try to reduce their emissions (remember USA and Kyoto Protocol, anyone...?) "

Couldnt agree more. The whole 'green tax' think is one massive excuse to tax the public yet again when you take into context what you say above.

It frustrates the hell out of me

Why should we wait for other countries to start first though, yeah they waste more etc but if we started, we would become the main supplier for the world for the tech used to collect the energy, therefore making us money.

If no one leads, no one follows.

This country needs jobs, green energy can create 1000s of jobs, economy will then get better.

How can the economy improve without the jobs. Where I live, there are literally over 100 people applying for every job.

"Economy or Environment? A topic from today's Wright stuff.

My personal view is the world needs greener energy, no point saying we don't have the technologies etc, We have plenty of wind, wave, even solar and many more we can use. So what if wind turbines are an eyesore.

If our country became the biggest makers of green energy supplies, you create 1000s of jobs, other countries buying our products and a better environment for all, a win,win.

"

and thats the end of the party political broadcast by the green party.when other bigger countries than us decide to adopt a carbon neutral policy and when this country stops charging us a stealth green tax i may take some notice of it but quite frankly its the biggest tax con the worlds leaders have ever made

» Add a new message to this topic