FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > a tad worried here

a tad worried here

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

i have got my op tomorrow to remove my gallbladder and i have come up in a rash i'm now worried they may cancel it which i can't afford for them to do as i have got 2 weeks off work and as i'm self employed that means no dosh for 2 weeks if they cancel it i will have to do the same when they re book it

so my quandry is hould i mention it or say bugger it go ahead without saying a word

its not a nervous rash as i'm not even slightly nervous i'm excited at being rid of my pain attacks

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

You should say xxxxx

good luck with the OP xx and speedy recovery xx

By *ucsparkMan  over a year ago

dudley

You really need to say probably a bit of virus coming out but better safe than sorry

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

You should say xxxxx

good luck with the OP xx and speedy recovery xx

+2 xxx

Understand ur plight Hun I'm self employed 2!

I've 2 go 2 hosp Monday & not sure how long

I'll b out of action. I'd say it's nerves Hun

Shudnt matter. Best of luck xx

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

You should def mention it. Its probably something and nothing and wont stop you having the op.

Can you afford to have more than 2 weeks off if you have the op and then you have problems?

Better safe than sorry....

well how spooky as i posted my phone rang and they have cancelled my op anyway

shit

well thats me well n truely fucked money wise whopdee doo

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"well how spooky as i posted my phone rang and they have cancelled my op anyway

shit

well thats me well n truely fucked money wise whopdee doo "

sorry to hear that xx

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

shit

well thats me well n truely fucked money wise whopdee doo "

It is so annoying and I do know what you mean about being self employed it's a pain hun, hope they sort you out soon

shit

sorry to hear that xx"

cheers treacle

right off to work see if i can sort out something with clients try and save this mess somehow

shit sorry excuse the treacle lol another messy keyboard for ya lol

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

shit

sorry to hear that xx

cheers treacle

right off to work see if i can sort out something with clients try and save this mess somehow"

Good luck hun

xx

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"shit sorry excuse the treacle lol another messy keyboard for ya lol"

that's not one of the two words....

so safe xx

By *un_JuiceCouple  over a year ago

Nr Chester

Im sure the company where your working will understand now its them that have made the decision and to postpone the time off needed until a renewed dates given?

Appreciate how you must be feeling i had to rush the other half in two weeks ago with stomach pains and of course it also turned out to be the same issue

By *aceytopWoman  over a year ago

from a town near you

shes self employed

By *om1noMan  over a year ago

South Worcestershire

Say nothing, I had it done 2 yrs ago, (keyhole) went in on Sat morning out on Sun morn, never felt better and so much relief, and oh how I enjoyed being able to eat again. Best of luck.

Sorry to hear the op has been cancelled Bouncy. Let's hope they will rearrange soon.

Maybe the rash is an allergy so antihistamines like Piriton work well

I'm self employed as well and as I'm at the beginning I don't really have any income at the moment.

Unemployed for 4yrs, only work I could get was warehouse stuff and its only eva temporary so instead I chose my new business.

Been ill for 4months now, Dr before Christmas couldn't work it out, had to do a sample, all clear but instead of taking things further Dr said come back after Christmas, see how I feel so had to suffer all holiday.

Got an appointment with diff Dr 2moro, not taking no for an answer.

Esp since all symptoms point to three things, one being infection which would have gone by now, a life long illness or cancer.

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

"i have got my op tomorrow to remove my gallbladder and i have come up in a rash i'm now worried they may cancel it which i can't afford for them to do as i have got 2 weeks off work and as i'm self employed that means no dosh for 2 weeks if they cancel it i will have to do the same when they re book it

so my quandry is hould i mention it or say bugger it go ahead without saying a word

its not a nervous rash as i'm not even slightly nervous i'm excited at being rid of my pain attacks "

you have to say hun, when the eldest had ops cancelled cos of a fever they explained one of the worries was mrsa, it is important they know if you have a virus, and then they take the decison.

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

shit

sorry to hear that xx

cheers treacle

right off to work see if i can sort out something with clients try and save this mess somehow"

just seen this what a bugger...hope u get some work sorted((((((((((((()))))))))))

Am self employed too, so my sympathies!

I hope you sort out your work but can you just check that your rash isn't Meningitis by putting the base of a glass on it- I think its supposed to disappear, and if not, just pop and see the nurse at your local surgery, just to be safe... please xx

Patients are routinely screened for MRSA before they have an op anyway. It will be a swab up your nose and around the groin usually. Lots of people are colonised with MRSA which means its present on the body and will show no signs. I would imagine that Bouncy has already had that swab test if she was due her op tomorrow, they usually call you in a few days before to take the swabs and your bloods

"Patients are routinely screened for MRSA before they have an op anyway. It will be a swab up your nose and around the groin usually. Lots of people are colonised with MRSA which means its present on the body and will show no signs. I would imagine that Bouncy has already had that swab test if she was due her op tomorrow, they usually call you in a few days before to take the swabs and your bloods "

not all hospitals do this though ,my nans just had an hip op they didnt swab her at all....and now she contracted mrsa grrrr must say our hospital is hell on earth ,they are now swabbing her but too late,the cleanliness in the hospital is horrendous,hope you get your op soon and u recover well had mine out when i was 20, keyhole surgery so know how you feel as im self employed too.hugs x

If no swabs were taken beforehand then you can't tell whether the hospital are at fault, she could have gone in with it

But I agree that some hospitals do leave you thinking about cleanliness issues

"If no swabs were taken beforehand then you can't tell whether the hospital are at fault, she could have gone in with it "

ohh trust me the hospital are at fault...the place needs a bomb under it ...cleanliness isnt its good point.plus its rife on that ward and the sister admitted it yesterday so id say yep the hospiatals at fault...

we are taking in anti bac wash etc ...its the dark ages ohhdont get me started on my local hospital as my soap box is worn with that damn place...ive always said if i got run over outside id refuse to be admitted....shocking isnt the word...

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

not speaking about any particular case... but stand at the front door of a hospital and watch the visitors go in... you can see walking infection enter

Cheers guys

Not looking good work wise, I'm going to text all my clients and inform them of situation and hope enough book in to cover chair rental at least then I can save my 2 rent free weeks for when I finally get my op

Fingers crossed

"Cheers guys

Not looking good work wise, I'm going to text all my clients and inform them of situation and hope enough book in to cover chair rental at least then I can save my 2 rent free weeks for when I finally get my op

Fingers crossed "

Fingers crossed for you Bouncy, hope you get the chair rental covered at least. I also have fingers crossed you get your op and all is tickety-boo for you after it. (((hugs))) xx

By *un_JuiceCouple  over a year ago

Nr Chester

"shes self employed"

Sorry I had realised that.

Maybe a misunderstanding then.

When I was self employed I still worked sub contracting for other businesses and in this situation I would have taken two weeks off if you get my drift.

Because the op is postponed I would then be able to go into work and put the two weeks absence on hold until the operation date had been rearranged.

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

Of course you have to say your entering a theatre where many vulnerable patients will be if it something contagious they you could make other patients very sick .

Call the hospital first thing in the morning and get some advice on what to do good luck and i hope it all goes well xxxx

By *edhotminxWoman  over a year ago

Turn left at the Singing Ringing Tree

Sorry to hear they have cancelled your op. When they booked mine in, they gave me 5 days notice. Two days before I had a temperature of 103, but was well on the day of the Op. I did tell them I had a slight sore throat, to which they gave me two nurofens and said no worries.

All the 'day' patients were booked in at the same time, 8am. We arrived and then were sent to different wards to sit and wait for our ops. They worked on age - the youngest (21) went first and then the oldest last.

Hope you get your op scheduled soon - it's worth it.

Sorry to hear your op has been cancelled

Get the rash checked as it may need attention or it simply could be nothing (I used to rash up when I got a bit stressy, but antihistamine's control it now).

I do hope you can find a bit of work over the next couple of weeks and your new op date is set very soon (((((((HUGS))))))) xxxxxxx

Sorry bout your op.

Update on my appointment today.

Blood tests on Friday and waiting for hospital to call to book me in.

update

i got my new op date its mid march and i'm not cancelling a single client i'll just warn them all i may have to cancel at short notice, i'm lucky to have some fabulous clients that will all understand

i've managed to drum up enough business for last week and this to cover my rent and a bit besides so hasn't been as bad as i initially thought thankfully

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"update

i got my new op date its mid march and i'm not cancelling a single client i'll just warn them all i may have to cancel at short notice, i'm lucky to have some fabulous clients that will all understand

i've managed to drum up enough business for last week and this to cover my rent and a bit besides so hasn't been as bad as i initially thought thankfully"

Thats good news bouncy xxx

» Add a new message to this topic