FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > How Did We Manage ......

How Did We Manage ......

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

...... before the likes of Google, Wikipedia and the like? There isn't anything we can't find out on the internet one way or the other (although I have a feeling some clever clogs is going to inform me of information that can't be found, lol)!!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I asked my daughter that the other day as she looked like her best mate had died, but no, Wikipedia was blacked out.

The poor love couldn't complete her uni assignment. When I pointed to the encyclopaedias and the library down the road and commenced on my patented "when I was at uni..." I got a

im a an old fart so i remember having to use refrence books when i was at school all the information you could ever want is in a book somewhere or a paper and all facts on the net needed to be checked

I read encyclopedia's, dictionaries and atlas'. If ever i had a question, rather than giving me the answer my dad would make me find it for myself... although i used to hate it at the time, it provided me with the information and knowledge as well as independent learning

I think the internet is a quicker and easier option to find information and it does provide you with certain things you would not find in your local library

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

My son can't believe that televisions haven't always had remote controls and that mobile phones haven't been around for ever lol

By *zcplCouple  over a year ago

bristol

Good job she can't use Wikipedia for her assignments...Universities don't allow it to be used as a source.

"Good job she can't use Wikipedia for her assignments...Universities don't allow it to be used as a source. "

and alot of whats on there isnt true

» Add a new message to this topic