FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > tinternet

tinternet

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

we are currently with talk talk, and going to ditch them crap service.

have been looking at virgin(we are able to get cable) and bt.

the main thing for us is speed, does anyone have experiance with either of these.

also if we go virgin, might get rid of sky and have cable tv, its cheaper as they dont charge for multi room.

is it any good, whats the epg like etc, weve only ever had sky and like the menus etc.

any thought please

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Cable should always be quicker but you also have to take customer service and reliability for your area. Ask or look up local details before you jump in and commit.

I have had cable for years and cannot fault it. Virgin are doubling there speeds over the next 18mths. I am currently on 30meg which goes upto 60meg for free in July. Along with Tivo, for me anyways an excellent service.

"I have had cable for years and cannot fault it. Virgin are doubling there speeds over the next 18mths. I am currently on 30meg which goes upto 60meg for free in July. Along with Tivo, for me anyways an excellent service."

didnt know that is that deal for new customers aswell?

bump

Virgin are in the process of giving all of their packages a free speed bump - get on the basic (10mb i think) package with virgin and in a few months time you will get a free bump to 20 or 30mb i think - I have been with Virgin for a long while and unless you are a heavy downloader you will get the speed you pay for 24/7

Had Bt and had Virgin and they both are over optimistic on speed and dire customer service too. Its pot luck

had virgin ...were crap . changed to talk talk slower but more reliable for me . depends what you using it for , downloading virgin were awesome when it worked .

virgin (strange word for a swinger site lol!) all the way!

i had sky for years, got pissed about with them an spat my dummy, went across to virgin with their hd box (free hd, where sky wanted to charge for hd!), got 50mb internet an that alone kicks arse!! upgraded to tivo when it was released an i havnt looked back lets just say if tivo could make a cuppa an suck me off i would marry the fucker!!

ps with virgin you have a lifetime guarentee on your box, sky only give you a 12 month warranty on theirs, oh an virgin works out cheaper!!

thanks for all the coments

"virgin (strange word for a swinger site lol!) all the way!

i had sky for years, got pissed about with them an spat my dummy, went across to virgin with their hd box (free hd, where sky wanted to charge for hd!), got 50mb internet an that alone kicks arse!! upgraded to tivo when it was released an i havnt looked back lets just say if tivo could make a cuppa an suck me off i would marry the fucker!!

ps with virgin you have a lifetime guarentee on your box, sky only give you a 12 month warranty on theirs, oh an virgin works out cheaper!! "

is tivo that good compaired to sky box?

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I love BT

Had Virgin (formerly NTL) for about 10 years, no issues at all

"

is tivo that good compaired to sky box?"

The TIVO box brings its own extendable ladder - climbs up to a great height and takes a dump all over the sky + box.....

thats code for yes it is

ps with virgin you have a lifetime guarentee on your box, sky only give you a 12 month warranty on theirs, oh an virgin works out cheaper!!

is tivo that good compaired to sky box?"

seriously, it makes sky look like a cheap arse free_iew box, youve got years worth of on demand tv/films/music/apps (inc youtube) a stupidly large amount of recording space, you can search for what you want to watch by genre/actor/director, it even recommends an records programmes you might like! fuck me i'm gettin all hot an bothered here talkin about tivo, cant wait to get home now an give it some lovin!!

also from a technical point of _iew - Virgin is futureproof with regards speed increases - at the moment any BT internet connection will run at 20mb TOPs (excluding the Infinity Fibre to the Home) But virgin are trialing speeds of 10 times their current maximum speeds - you may not think you need that yet but when ALL your entertainment starts being delivered by your internet connection you are going to need it.. geek mode off

"

The TIVO box brings its own extendable ladder - climbs up to a great height and takes a dump all over the sky + box.....

thats code for yes it is"

that my friend is a fantastic quote and description

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

We are with BT, and we get about 6 meg.

On that we can stream films, send and recieve large files etc, and surf the internet on the Pc amd laptop whilst our son wipes out entire regiments online via his xbox.

Whilst not having experienced faster speeds, I cant see why you need more.

By *omnlynneCouple  over a year ago

milton keynes

swapped from sky 20mb to bt infinity fibre optic does everything it says on the tin love it to bits dunno bout virgin services but have to say infinity rocks here.

we get dload speeds of approx 37mb regardless of time of day (independant web check site) and watching iplayers on the mac in hd like watching it on our sky hd and plasma screen

customer service is pot luck depending who answers the call but cant knock the system

By *essesCouple  over a year ago

nottingham

seriously, it makes sky look like a cheap arse free_iew box, youve got years worth of on demand tv/films/music/apps (inc youtube) a stupidly large amount of recording space, you can search for what you want to watch by genre/actor/director, it even recommends an records programmes you might like! fuck me i'm gettin all hot an bothered here talkin about tivo, cant wait to get home now an give it some lovin!!"

I think I love you when can I move in?

Damn my living in a village with no cable!

Lisa

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

there is a website called thinkbroadband dot com

will give you checks for speeds etc in your area

seriously, it makes sky look like a cheap arse free_iew box, youve got years worth of on demand tv/films/music/apps (inc youtube) a stupidly large amount of recording space, you can search for what you want to watch by genre/actor/director, it even recommends an records programmes you might like! fuck me i'm gettin all hot an bothered here talkin about tivo, cant wait to get home now an give it some lovin!!

Lisa"

do you make a nice cuppa an regularly suck off?? if the answer is yes, then i'll stick the kettle on and remove pants, awaiting your arrival

By *essesCouple  over a year ago

nottingham

Lisa

do you make a nice cuppa an regularly suck off?? if the answer is yes, then i'll stick the kettle on and remove pants, awaiting your arrival "

Yes, yes and I'm on my way I'll even let you watch the tv over my head

Lisa

Lisa

do you make a nice cuppa an regularly suck off?? if the answer is yes, then i'll stick the kettle on and remove pants, awaiting your arrival

Yes, yes and I'm on my way I'll even let you watch the tv over my head

Lisa"

sound

how long will you be, theres a great documentary ive recorded all about the joys of blow jobs i was gonna watch while i'm having my tea, but i'll save it till you get here

» Add a new message to this topic