FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > gender nutral

gender nutral

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

have you read the story about the couple who kept their son gender nutral, and what do you think

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Depends on how old the boy is maybe they waiting till hes old enough to let him/her decide quite a few children are born into the wrong sex and parents decide and its the wrong decision.

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

Are these the canadians?

i think its bollocks,gender is a complex group of things including state of mind, trying to feck with it has led to awful things before.

The name escapes me but there was a poor boy in the 60's who lost his penis as the result of infant circumcision. The big theory at the time was that gender roles were imposed by society and that he should be brought up as a girl, with gender reconstruction surgery as a teen.

His autobiography is heartbreaking as the doctors and his parents tried to mold him into being something he wasnt.

Children are not experiments. i hope the child in this case isnt similarly affected.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

no they are from the uk

hexham

"no they are from the uk"

not seen this one,i know there is a couple in canada who are refusing to tell anyone the gender of their child and bringing it up gender neutral.

fecking behavioralists have a lot to answer for.

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

I was born male and my parents brought me up as a stereotypical boy.

When I was about 7, they discovered I had been messing about in my mum's clothes.

My father gave me a stern talking to. He insisted I was a boy. I was made to feel shameful and guilty. If I didn't stop, he'd make sure my friends all knew I was a poof.

I resented my father after that. Our relationship was rubbish for the rest of his life.

There was no attempt to understand or help what was happening to me. I was expected to conform to their stereotype of a boy.

It did nothing to change the way I felt - it simply drove those feelings of gender dysphoria deeper underground, that they were something to be ashamed of.

When my father died a few years, it felt like a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders. I no longer felt that burden of shame. I've flourished since.

Re the couple in the Daily Mirror, I'm not sure I'd agree with the lengths they've gone to.

The child needs to grow up naturally, to develop into the person they were destined by nature to be. The parents need to respect that. If the child shows signs, naturally, of gender dysphoria - or indeed any other condition - they should be there to help.

OMG just read the article and they are from down the road to us!

Well you learn new things every day...

I don't think they are doing anything wrong not teaching their child to be gender stereotyped but i do think that when he is in school (esp after people read that article) he will suffer from bullying which will have an adverse effect on him.

- Think "About a boy" and the stigma that he went through because his mum was a bit of a hippy. he was a well rounded child,, however the bullying definitely had an effect on him..

hexham

"

I was born male and my parents brought me up as a stereotypical boy.

When I was about 7, they discovered I had been messing about in my mum's clothes.

My father gave me a stern talking to. He insisted I was a boy. I was made to feel shameful and guilty. If I didn't stop, he'd make sure my friends all knew I was a poof.

I resented my father after that. Our relationship was rubbish for the rest of his life.

There was no attempt to understand or help what was happening to me. I was expected to conform to their stereotype of a boy.

It did nothing to change the way I felt - it simply drove those feelings of gender dysphoria deeper underground, that they were something to be ashamed of.

When my father died a few years, it felt like a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders. I no longer felt that burden of shame. I've flourished since.

Re the couple in the Daily Mirror, I'm not sure I'd agree with the lengths they've gone to.

The child needs to grow up naturally, to develop into the person they were destined by nature to be. The parents need to respect that. If the child shows signs, naturally, of gender dysphoria - or indeed any other condition - they should be there to help.

"

very well said sara, in these cases the parents seem to be imposing their view of gender just as much as your father was. So glad you had the strength to be be who you want to be .

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

When my son was born i wanted a girl and wanted to dress him in pink but my hubby wouldnt let me. I read the story in the mail online and think he looks realy cute dressed as a girl, i dont think theres anything wrong with what they are doing, but it will be a shame for the poor boy if he gets bullied at school.

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

If there's one criticism I would make of the parents, it is in allowing their child's privacy to become pubic property and opening it up to the media. Children deserve protection, not public humiliation.

i wana know does the kid sit or stand for a wee....that's confuddling that

"If there's one criticism I would make of the parents, it is in allowing their child's privacy to become pubic property and opening it up to the media. Children deserve protection, not public humiliation."

Yes i think its quite wrong too.

"Are these the canadians?

i think its bollocks,gender is a complex group of things including state of mind, trying to feck with it has led to awful things before.

The name escapes me but there was a poor boy in the 60's who lost his penis as the result of infant circumcision. The big theory at the time was that gender roles were imposed by society and that he should be brought up as a girl, with gender reconstruction surgery as a teen.

His autobiography is heartbreaking as the doctors and his parents tried to mold him into being something he wasnt.

Children are not experiments. i hope the child in this case isnt similarly affected."

I remember a story from years ago where a child was born with both a penis and a vigina and it was decided the child was male and had corrective surgery

When the boy got to puberty he was rushed into hospital with cronic sromach pains and was found that he was infact female and the pains was the fact he was having periods but the blood had nowhere to go as the vigina had be sewn up so at 12 years old they took him back into hospital and changed him to a girl

imagine that at 12, his family had to move away because of the bullying from other kids, because he left school as a boy one day and went back as a girl

I would imagine that would scare that child for life

» Add a new message to this topic