FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > just

just

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

been given notice in work, redundancy looms!! major bummer, anyone need a half decent mechanic??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

sorry to read that

good luck for the future.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Tough break mate good luck xx

By *oantrimcpl2010Couple  over a year ago

Lisburn

Hope something turns up soon xx

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

Not good news. Hope you get yourself sorted with something quickly x

Forum Mod

What crap news for a new year

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

"What crap news for a new year

"

Yes not a good start, best of luck mate.

keep your chin up good mechanics are always needed

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

"been given notice in work, redundancy looms!! major bummer, anyone need a half decent mechanic??"

Best of luck - happened to me on 31st December, but hey their loss is someone elses gain and all that.

Sorry to hear that fella. I hope you get better news soon pal

By *aceytopWoman  over a year ago

from a town near you

bad luck i hope it turns out ok for you,you must be absolutly gutted

thanks y'all

already put some cv's out there, but its really scary though eh? ive been lucky enough to have avoided this situation for all my working life, so if anybody knows of any jobs around the northwest, or needs any work doing feel free to give me a shout!

"been given notice in work, redundancy looms!! major bummer, anyone need a half decent mechanic??

Best of luck - happened to me on 31st December, but hey their loss is someone elses gain and all that."

sorry to hear that, how have things worked out for you?

we kind of had a feeling it was coming, a few of the fella's survived due to their personal circumstances, most of us have been there around the same time, but i can understand why they chose who they did.

By *omaMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"been given notice in work, redundancy looms!! major bummer, anyone need a half decent mechanic??"

Motor mechanic?....no but you can practice on my motor to "keep yer hand in" till another post comes along.

Wishing you luck mate, hate to hear of anyone being made jobless

By *stwoforfun2Couple  over a year ago

South Suffolk Area

Tough luck mate. I got booted last year and it's a tough road out there.

Now is the time to go self employed, the government might even be able to help. A good, cheap mechanic will always be in work.

"been given notice in work, redundancy looms!! major bummer, anyone need a half decent mechanic??

Motor mechanic?....no but you can practice on my motor to "keep yer hand in" till another post comes along.

Wishing you luck mate, hate to hear of anyone being made jobless"

thanks

now are you talking in euphomisms (thats why i fix stuff cos i cant spell!!) or just after a freebie on your motor??

"Tough luck mate. I got booted last year and it's a tough road out there. "

i believe so mate, really shitty when the axe falls, esp when its through no fault of your own

"Now is the time to go self employed, the government might even be able to help. A good, cheap mechanic will always be in work."

tbh thats been on my mind for a while, i always do 'foreigner' work, but never been brave enough to take the plunge! i'm not very good at payin my normal bills, god help me with a business!

sorry to hear this x

i hope you find something soon x

"Now is the time to go self employed, the government might even be able to help. A good, cheap mechanic will always be in work.

tbh thats been on my mind for a while, i always do 'foreigner' work, but never been brave enough to take the plunge! i'm not very good at payin my normal bills, god help me with a business!"

When you go self employed it makes you careful, give it a go

" i'm not very good at payin my normal bills, god help me with a business!"

A good accountant will deal with all the crap and should save you more money than he charges...

A good one is worth their weight in gold...

Sorry about your job.... Dont get mad at life.. Get even...

Good luck...;-)

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

shite news fella..

you have at least got a skill you can use..

stay positive and best of luck..

"Now is the time to go self employed, the government might even be able to help. A good, cheap mechanic will always be in work.

tbh thats been on my mind for a while, i always do 'foreigner' work, but never been brave enough to take the plunge! i'm not very good at payin my normal bills, god help me with a business!"

I set a private business up with my ex just over 12 months ago pal. I had the same apprehension but if your ok with money and dont get yourself into too much of a hole starting up then you will succeed.

There's no better advertising than word of mouth. If you do it good luck pal

my Mrs lost her job after 23 years when the company she worked for went bust, when she got her Redundancy through the Government she got her money less any unemployment payments received so be careful what you claim as if you do receive any redundancy payments the dole take back what u have claimed

thanks again for all your advice and well wishes everybody, its much appreciated

just a little update, i havnt secured anything permanent as of yet but a good friend of mine has a garage that he is basically giving to me for weekends helps us both out, give him time off with his kids and gives me the opportunity to earn money to pay my bills! so while i'm on a roll i might aswell drum up some business, if anybody around warrington (or further if you want to travel!) needs any tyres/brakes/servicing etc then give me a shout, best prices for anyone quoting dicount code 'FAB' ha!

*discount

Good luck pal ..... If I ever have any issues with the motor when im in work I will give you a shout!

I hope it does well!

"Good luck pal ..... If I ever have any issues with the motor when im in work I will give you a shout!

I hope it does well! "

cheers

anytime mate, well anytime as long as its of a weekend lol

Good on ya! Hope it all goes well

"Good on ya! Hope it all goes well "

thanks

i think ive just touched lucky, most of the garages around my way are looking to lay people off, never mind take on!

I do know a garage that might need someone but you would have to move to dull as dishwater, Gloucester

"thanks again for all your advice and well wishes everybody, its much appreciated

just a little update, i havnt secured anything permanent as of yet but a good friend of mine has a garage that he is basically giving to me for weekends helps us both out, give him time off with his kids and gives me the opportunity to earn money to pay my bills! so while i'm on a roll i might aswell drum up some business, if anybody around warrington (or further if you want to travel!) needs any tyres/brakes/servicing etc then give me a shout, best prices for anyone quoting dicount code 'FAB' ha!"

RAC'd Warrington, both nearly 2 hrs so a little far for me to travel for a discount, sorry

"thanks again for all your advice and well wishes everybody, its much appreciated

just a little update, i havnt secured anything permanent as of yet but a good friend of mine has a garage that he is basically giving to me for weekends helps us both out, give him time off with his kids and gives me the opportunity to earn money to pay my bills! so while i'm on a roll i might aswell drum up some business, if anybody around warrington (or further if you want to travel!) needs any tyres/brakes/servicing etc then give me a shout, best prices for anyone quoting dicount code 'FAB' ha!

RAC'd Warrington, both nearly 2 hrs so a little far for me to travel for a discount, sorry "

thats ok, thanks for checking

i'd probably fit in down your way, i am a bit dull like lol

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

how long have ya been with ya present company for? have they said what sort of redundancy payment you may get yet?...

be careful of bolting "too early" as if you leave before any agreements are sorted with unions you may lose out of any entitlements to any payouts.....

Norfolk

I hung on for 2 months on 'gardening' leave until I got the best agreement that was available, actually better than my solicitor said I would get if it went to tribunal and all finalised today when I got my payment now if I can get back in to employment in the next few weeks we should actually be in pocket

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I find out about my job the first week of Feb..... whether I am going to have one or the funding has gone. They have made a decision but has to be apporoved so won't give us any details....

Norfolk

"I find out about my job the first week of Feb..... whether I am going to have one or the funding has gone. They have made a decision but has to be apporoved so won't give us any details...."

Hope it all works out well for you - they would be fools to let a girl of your calibre go xxx

"how long have ya been with ya present company for? have they said what sort of redundancy payment you may get yet?...

be careful of bolting "too early" as if you leave before any agreements are sorted with unions you may lose out of any entitlements to any payouts....."

been here about 7 years, suprisingly i'm one of the shortest serving in our garage! to be fair, the management have been great, and have given me a rough idea of what i will get, which is over the basic rate i am entitled too

i'll be seeing out every last minute here, the job ive got lined up is only for weekends, so it wont impact my current job, thanks for your advice tho, its good to know people have taken their time to help out where they can

"I find out about my job the first week of Feb..... whether I am going to have one or the funding has gone. They have made a decision but has to be apporoved so won't give us any details...."

sorry to hear that, its always worse when you know a decision has been made but wont drop anybody any hints as to which way things will go. suppose i was 'lucky' that we all knew redundancies where on the cards, and we found out who the possibilities where before a formal decision was made.

good luck to you though, hope it works out for the best for you, i might need a receptionist judging by how busy this garage i'm going too gets at weekends

tough break dude, good to see a positive outcome so quickly

i need some work on my run-a-round, will inbox you some details.

» Add a new message to this topic