How true

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *etillante OP   Woman  over a year ago

There's a land where I go when I need to share

that's not on a map, yet exists everywhere

A land of names without a face,

a curious place called cyberspace.

A creation of people with a made-up name

Each name unique, but none are the same.

Some are just snobs and some are real fun.

And some of them just want to find someone.

But both good and bad they all play a role.

Still each one unique, but part of the whole.

We talk and laugh and wonder why.

We flirt and we hug and sometimes we cry

We can't be heard and can't be seen.

Yet, there it is, right on our screen.

But all in all the most curious part

Is the power it has to open our heart.

I don't understand this magical spell,

But I know that without it my life would be hell.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I like that ... nothing worse than when your internet is down!

Remember when it was all dial up connections!? Imagine posting on this place now with that sort of connection!!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I will tell you something, ive had the internet 12 years now. Before i got it i used to laugh at people who said they had "online" friends. I couldnt get my head around how you could build some kind of relationship with someone when you where just typing words on a screen.

When i got my computer i started of by going into a quiz room and a guy used to speak to me. We ended up going into private chats and talking, i became fond of him, couldnt get my head around that at all. He was the first person i ever met from the internet and although i see him rarely now we still keep in touch. Its a weird world this cyperworld

Forum Mod

Well you only had to watch that programme that was on last night to know just how weird cyber land can really be

"I will tell you something, ive had the internet 12 years now. Before i got it i used to laugh at people who said they had "online" friends. I couldnt get my head around how you could build some kind of relationship with someone when you where just typing words on a screen.

When i got my computer i started of by going into a quiz room and a guy used to speak to me. We ended up going into private chats and talking, i became fond of him, couldnt get my head around that at all. He was the first person i ever met from the internet and although i see him rarely now we still keep in touch. Its a weird world this cyperworld"

And now you've got me pecking your head lol x

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

"I will tell you something, ive had the internet 12 years now. Before i got it i used to laugh at people who said they had "online" friends. I couldnt get my head around how you could build some kind of relationship with someone when you where just typing words on a screen.

When i got my computer i started of by going into a quiz room and a guy used to speak to me. We ended up going into private chats and talking, i became fond of him, couldnt get my head around that at all. He was the first person i ever met from the internet and although i see him rarely now we still keep in touch. Its a weird world this cyperworld

And now you've got me pecking your head lol x"

lol@pecking my head,

And now you've got me pecking your head lol x

lol@pecking my head, "

I was being polite there ..... the women in work normally describe me as a pain in the arse!

A nice one though!!!

» Add a new message to this topic