FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > BT

BT

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *isscheekychops OP   Woman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

So I walk through the door and sit down to open my post to find a bill from BT for £130. They placed £93 in my bank in October because they messed up my internet when I moved. So they stated they would give me 3 months line rental and credited my bank account with £93 now I get a bill and they are wanting the £93 back.... Why do it in the first place.. I am not paying it back! Not once did they say do not spend the £93 because we will be asking for it back!!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Just like BT...

What did you spend it on.....shoes ?

Phone up, tell them to check their records, explain the situation and then threaten to take things further as you feel its harassment.

"Just like BT...

What did you spend it on.....shoes ? "

nope my council tax.......

Threaten them with cancelling as you dont feel they have honoured their part of the contract in which you signed up to?

If you want a pre-drafted letter of complaint let me know as I have a classic one stored on my lappy that someone wrote some years back. It's absolutely hilarious.

"If you want a pre-drafted letter of complaint let me know as I have a classic one stored on my lappy that someone wrote some years back. It's absolutely hilarious. "

Go on then....

Had the same issue with sky.

Moved house and dish would not work so cancelled agreement as they could not provide the service....they tried to take me to court.....day before court hearing they cancelled the agreement...all they do is threaten...i would fight them....good luck

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

"If you want a pre-drafted letter of complaint let me know as I have a classic one stored on my lappy that someone wrote some years back. It's absolutely hilarious. "

can you email it to me please wishywashywoo. Last 2 bills from talktalk have been paid, taken from bank (with authorisation code) and a couple of days later, bill is not paid and money is back in my bank!!

A few years ago I had a £700 car stolen from outside Blackpool police station

The insurance paid me £600 out

When my renewal came up it had increased by £700

I found a new company to insure with xx

on the phone to them now!!!!!!!!! grrrr

By *am sampsonMan  over a year ago

cwmbran

"Threaten them with cancelling as you dont feel they have honoured their part of the contract in which you signed up to?"

That wont worry them they took my phone calls with out my consent and i thought it had been sorted and then the next bill i was being charged anyway so sorted a refund - then on the next bill i was charged for cancelling the contract i had never taken out in the first place - it also messed up my internet connection with another supplier for 3 weeks

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

was the £93 credit from them for the 3 months line rental so effectively they have given it to you for free?

They pay it to you, they then bill you the £93, total expenditure from you = £0?

"was the £93 credit from them for the 3 months line rental so effectively they have given it to you for free?

They pay it to you, they then bill you the £93, total expenditure from you = £0?"

It was a refund as they had cocked up my order....

evesham

"was the £93 credit from them for the 3 months line rental so effectively they have given it to you for free?

They pay it to you, they then bill you the £93, total expenditure from you = £0?

It was a refund as they had cocked up my order...."

oh, in that case give them hell

have you got any written confirmation of the 3 months free offer? if not get them to check their call recordings, i would imagine that they would have to record them all?

It was a refund as they had cocked up my order....

oh, in that case give them hell

have you got any written confirmation of the 3 months free offer? if not get them to check their call recordings, i would imagine that they would have to record them all?"

He is removing the charge i think however i am on hold at the moment...

[Removed by poster at 17/01/12 18:03:14]

"[Removed by poster at 17/01/12 18:03:14]"

fingers crossed for you, annoying

By *aGaGagging for itCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

If you had the discussion over the phone and they had the standard crap about recording conversations, ask them to retrieve it as it will explain all. Either they will retrieve it and find that you are right, or they won't so they will be in the wrong!

Good luck.

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

Could I have a copy too please?

evesham

"If you had the discussion over the phone and they had the standard crap about recording conversations, ask them to retrieve it as it will explain all. Either they will retrieve it and find that you are right, or they won't so they will be in the wrong!

Good luck."

by standard crap i presume you mean legal disclaimer??? you know...the one that protects YOU the consumer???

I got it sorted after spending an hour on the phone to them....

I can hardly see the point of BT. I can't really see them existing in 10 years.

I live in a Virgin cable area for internet, so no chance of them getting my business and a mobile covers my phone needs, which for the same as their line rental gives me all the calls I need to make and internet access.

Whats the betting in 10 years, most internet will be mobile.

evesham

Dont know if it is still the case but when i worked for a competitor to BT we were told that BT own ALL of the landline network and just rented it out to the other companies, so even if you go with virgin/sky/talktalk etc you are still using a BT line

there is no escape

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

Virgin are cable, what previously was Cable and Wireless, Nynex etc etc.

Bt have a seprate network and yes you may pay to others but the 'lines' and calls are via BT

"Virgin are cable, what previously was Cable and Wireless, Nynex etc etc.

Bt have a seprate network and yes you may pay to others but the 'lines' and calls are via BT"

Actually we were previously Telewest, they more or less went bust before Virgin took them over.

The point I'm making is why do you need a phone line, whats the point of having all that cabling, when soon a few transmitters can do it all.

Same goes for internet, BT are boasting they can deliver speeds which me with the Virgin package have had for 5 years. Actually its faster and it's reliable.

By *aGaGagging for itCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

"If you had the discussion over the phone and they had the standard crap about recording conversations, ask them to retrieve it as it will explain all. Either they will retrieve it and find that you are right, or they won't so they will be in the wrong!

Good luck.

by standard crap i presume you mean legal disclaimer??? you know...the one that protects YOU the consumer??? "

That's the one - 'we record all telephone calls for training and quality / security purposes'. Ok, well dig it out then and lets have a listen to what you said and what I said!

» Add a new message to this topic