FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Should we now charge a fee to use this site

Should we now charge a fee to use this site

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi All,

Firstly apologies for my little rant!

I have just been in a chat room, and witnessed 3 young immature males hhounding a lady to the extent she went off cam and was upset.

When the fellow roomies me included told them they were rude and horrid we got abuse back.

Should there now be a fee to use this site to try and cut down on the people who troll the rooms to be rude and have no real desire to meet or make friends on here.

Discuss!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Do you really think that will stop this?

If you do, why not use the chatroom just for site supporters.

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

Perhaps the Op should enlighten us as to why he thinks that a membership charge would deter silly behaviour on a site like this?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Aresholes have money too

By *orkmalewithPAMan  over a year ago

York

I think there should be as the you said there are to many young singles on here just for kicks and have no intenshon of meeting anyone. I would pay (well I do to be a silver site suporter)

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I would have thought that being 'hounded' was a side effect for any female on cam alone in the chatrooms.

Paying will not stop idiots and timewasters on here. Why should it, if it hasn't stopped idiots and timewasters on pay to use sites? But at least this is a novel way to start our first thread this year about charging for the site.

By *ilmiss75Woman  over a year ago

Thornton

It makes me wonder at times how some of the men on this site ever get meets at all the way they speak to people and the smut they come out with.

With regards to paying, I've been on another site where new members have to pay to go in chat.. it does not stop it.

won't make a jot of difference

we are on another site that has become a fee paying site and it has just as many numpties as any free site out there

I think it would probably reduce the number of time wasters and people who are just here to cause trouble but it will never fully eliminate it.. but to the same effect i think it will put people off who dont have loads of spare cash to splash about as spending money on a subscription that could be spent on a club etc when your not even garanteed to speak to another person let alone get a meet is not really a good use of money, hence we let our subscription lapse on a couple of other sites because since i lost my full time job we have had less spare cash... and if this became a subs only site we wouldn't be on this either... we would just go to clubs and our friends parties..

[Removed by poster at 17/01/12 11:29:15]

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

"I think there should be as the you said there are to many young singles on here just for kicks and have no intenshon of meeting anyone. I would pay (well I do to be a silver site suporter)"

So only 'young' members behave like idiots?

For your information 'young' people often have far greater disposable income than older people....

"Perhaps the Op should enlighten us as to why he thinks that a membership charge would deter silly behaviour on a site like this?

"

Some people wont part with money to act like a twat, when they will find another site that is free

"Perhaps the Op should enlighten us as to why he thinks that a membership charge would deter silly behaviour on a site like this?

Some people wont part with money to act like a twat, when they will find another site that is free

"

LOL, Saturday night in York begs to differ!

"I think it would probably reduce the number of time wasters and people who are just here to cause trouble but it will never fully eliminate it.. but to the same effect i think it will put people off who dont have loads of spare cash to splash about as spending money on a subscription that could be spent on a club etc when your not even garanteed to speak to another person let alone get a meet is not really a good use of money, hence we let our subscription lapse on a couple of other sites because since i lost my full time job we have had less spare cash... and if this became a subs only site we wouldn't be on this either... we would just go to clubs and our friends parties.. "

I know there are downsides to every solution, and I would hate to see people who use the site properly leave.

It was just an idea - and as I said it was on the back of a rant!

"I would have thought that being 'hounded' was a side effect for any female on cam alone in the chatrooms.

Paying will not stop idiots and timewasters on here. Why should it, if it hasn't stopped idiots and timewasters on pay to use sites? But at least this is a novel way to start our first thread this year about charging for the site."

Not mentioning any names obviously - but there was a new 'swingers' site set up at the end of 2011 that insisted all members get 'verified' within the first month! Great idea - but no solution to those that have no doubt just cancelled a profile only to repeatedly set up a new one each month.

Fees will never deter those that get their jollies from trawling through profiles, setting up fake profiles, sending endless inane messages or hurling abuse in chatrooms. At the end of the day it's something that every site and it's users have to put up with sadly - but anyone with common sense (and a block button!) can avoid the idiots pretty easily. As for the chat room issue - those kind of sad twats get off on getting a response - so simply ignore the morons, look on as the genuine, decent population deride them and eventually after everyone and their mother has blocked them they may just run out of people to piss off!

LOL, Saturday night in York begs to differ!"

Same goes for here - but there must be some way of cutting down on the number of idiots

I'm a site supporter by choice if i was forced to say I wouldn't stay. I've been a member on other pay sites and it was worse as some guys thought they had a right because they paid for the site.

I just hope someone reported this bad behaviour.

By *acavityMan  over a year ago

Redditch

I don't know the mechanics of the chat room, but, under the username, there is a block button.

Does that work in the chatroom to stop the idiots seeing your cam, or just stops emails and viewing the profile?

At least until the idiot creates a new profile to start the harrassment again.

We must keep this site as it is...block them and report them is the best way to deal with the undesirables...

By *orkmalewithPAMan  over a year ago

York

"I think there should be as the you said there are to many young singles on here just for kicks and have no intenshon of meeting anyone. I would pay (well I do to be a silver site suporter)

So only 'young' members behave like idiots?

For your information 'young' people often have far greater disposable income than older people....

"

I was not meaning that only young people behave like idiots. I was meaning that they are more likey to join for getting there kicks. There are many idiots in the world and I do not know of a way of filtering them out of life let alone from Fab.

The young will not pay for looking at chat when there are loads of free sites out there for them to play on. But if they wish to come on Fab and go on chat your right they have the money to pay if there was a charge.

Speaking as a committed site supporter…….

I would not like to see the introduction of compulsory membership fees here on fabswingers…

There is already plenty payment-only sites available for people who wish to go that route……

I like this great site, just as it is, warts and all… !!!!,,,

Sox™

By *ath-N-DelCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow area

"We must keep this site as it is...block them and report them is the best way to deal with the undesirables... "

Noooooooo

By *urreyfun2008Man  over a year ago

East Grinstead

Paying may reduce the volume, but as soon as guys pay there is an expectation of something in return.

Or in short paid for cam sites still have the think with their dicks crowd too.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"I'm a site supporter by choice if i was forced to say I wouldn't stay. I've been a member on other pay sites and it was worse as some guys thought they had a right because they paid for the site."

likewise..

would not make a jot of difference if there was a subscription fee..

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

no...why didnt she block them and everyone else report them to mods?

Reasons not to charge...

1. It happens on pay sites, the directing and twuntery is not half as bad in northern as it was in the non directing rooms over the road when the pubs shut *coughs* SH.

2. The site by being free s affordable to all, that is a good thing, you dont need money to swing.

3.As others have said it can lead to a im entitled attitude.

"no...why didnt she block them and everyone else report them to mods?

Reasons not to charge...

1. It happens on pay sites, the directing and twuntery is not half as bad in northern as it was in the non directing rooms over the road when the pubs shut *coughs* SH.

2. The site by being free s affordable to all, that is a good thing, you dont need money to swing.

"

It was a question and I think I have all of the lovely views I need to see it wont work.

Thank you all for your comments.

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"Hi All,

I have just been in a chat room, and witnessed 3 young immature males hhounding a lady to the extent she went off cam and was upset.

When the fellow roomies me included told them they were rude and horrid we got abuse back.

Should there now be a fee to use this site to try and cut down on the people who troll the rooms to be rude and have no real desire to meet or make friends on here.

Discuss!

"

It's easy to block people in chat. If someone is having problems they can do this, report the profile, Admin will review/resolve.

Admin x

I think it's best to just allow the privilege of viewing cams to site supporters who are verified. By charging a membership fee the site will just become as shit as the rest x

hexham

"no...why didnt she block them and everyone else report them to mods?

Reasons not to charge...

It was a question and I think I have all of the lovely views I need to see it wont work.

Thank you all for your comments. "

As someone once said, you dont ask, u wont know

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

These youths might have been oldies on a fake profile used for timewasting when their pension runs out

Increase the pension and we'd stop all this.

By *essiCouple  over a year ago

suffolk

report report report and hope it gets sorted for all our sakes...

By *ovedupstillCouple  over a year ago

mullinwire

must say, we rarely use the chatrooms here as they are way too busy (and you get ignored, but thats for another thread)

however, we have had our fair share of abusive users on the other site mentioned above, and just block them.

its a bigbear of mine that some people on t'internet are NEVER the same as they would be in real life. you would never even dream of demanding a woman in tescos 'gets her tits out' or 'shows us your c*nt' yet because someone is sat on a camera she MUST do at least one of the above. its disgraceful. i dont understand why people cant just be happy with what they get and whats being offered.

B

The woman in question could of just blocked the guys....then they would go away...thats what the button is there for.... if everyone blocked and reportedthe men the men would probs move on .....

block button a very underused button

was this in a direcfing room? if so you have to accrpt that by going on cam then you are to a degree fairgame. Not for abuse obviously but there does seem to be a fineline between directimg and abuse.

that said we cam occassionally and block people if they annoy us. its simple and effective.

hexham

"The woman in question could of just blocked the guys....then they would go away...thats what the button is there for.... if everyone blocked and reportedthe men the men would probs move on .....

block button a very underused button"

not by me

As they say, common courtesy and good manners cost nothing, but ignorance comes at a price.

No matter if there was a fee, somebody will always be upset by others unruly behaviour.

If there was a large fee to join then all there would be is a higher class of idiot.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

well why dont all the people who think you should pay to be on this site leave and join a paying site. There are plenty out there

Been on paid sites before

Idiots ain't stopped by cost xx

its bad enough not paying and gettin no action

Surely the answer is simple and has nothing to do with people paying or not paying.

If they are behaving badly in the Chat block them or report them to a Moderator.

I've heard the arguments about people paying that will somehow make them behave better. I see it in clubs but all that happens is you get people who think "I've paid a lot of money to get in so I'm entitled to play."

"Been on paid sites before

Idiots ain't stopped by cost xx "

tottaly agree

Sadly, It wont make any difference.

"Aresholes have money too"
Lol

just forget about them,

its not like your forced to sleep with them (i dont think anyways, Ive not read the chatroom rules for a while!)

"These youths might have been oldies on a fake profile used for timewasting when their pension runs out

Increase the pension and we'd stop all this. "

Would that be a vote winner in the next election?

"well why dont all the people who think you should pay to be on this site leave and join a paying site. There are plenty out there"

Its not that I think we should - I was posing the question.

I know there will be idiots and time wasters if you had to pay. This option did seem like a way to overcome them. But not if it would be to the detriment of the site, and lose the members who clearly use it for the correct reasons.

hexham

"just forget about them,

its not like your forced to sleep with them (i dont think anyways, Ive not read the chatroom rules for a while!)"

There is a rule you have to sleep with women called jemima though...so when are u next in chat

hexham

"well why dont all the people who think you should pay to be on this site leave and join a paying site. There are plenty out there

Its not that I think we should - I was posing the question.

I know there will be idiots and time wasters if you had to pay. This option did seem like a way to overcome them. But not if it would be to the detriment of the site, and lose the members who clearly use it for the correct reasons.

"

dont feel u need to defend the question, if u have never been on a pay site its a valid one

Should those who never use the chat rooms also pay to use the site?

The problem seems to be an unmoderated chat room, so therein lies the solution.

By *averiMan  over a year ago

Swindon to bristol

A fee would mean the site would loose some of the fake profiles....mainly men pretending to be 'couples'.

lol your right xxx

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

havent read all the posts but isnt there a block function in chat? doesnt that block you from seeing their conversations etc?

there is also the report function to, enough reports and admin will surely have to remove them

Better idea.

Have admins in chat at a call of a button.

They can recall the chat history and see who is abusive. Instant site ban.

They can get ahold of their IPs, network provider and complain. Not many people know that if you complain to a service provider, they take it seriously.

"Better idea.

They can get ahold of their IPs, network provider and complain. Not many people know that if you complain to a service provider, they take it seriously."

Only some do take it seriously. However the pain to track it all and go through the process is not going to make it happen.

As I said I was throwing it out there and the concencous is not to make it pay.

Back into my hiding place before I think of any more stupid questions.

hexham

"Better idea.

They can get ahold of their IPs, network provider and complain. Not many people know that if you complain to a service provider, they take it seriously."

call of a button...eh...so the volunteers who do a great job are going to be woken in the middle of the night to boot a numpty

"Better idea.

They can get ahold of their IPs, network provider and complain. Not many people know that if you complain to a service provider, they take it seriously.

call of a button...eh...so the volunteers who do a great job are going to be woken in the middle of the night to boot a numpty "

I presume he meant while they're logged in and actively working the site

Depends what you mean by we, if all the people posting to this thread, its a great idea, as I've now posted to it.

I also propose that a minimum contract term of 25 years and backed up by a 25 year prison sentence should the person default.

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

"Hi All,

Discuss!

"

Go to their profile, and hit the "report" button, quoting approximate times etc, admin will look at the chat logs and take the appropriate action.

Mods cant be everywhere at once, although, and this is just my opinion, I think we need more, the ones we do have do a good job.

"Speaking as a committed site supporter…….

I would not like to see the introduction of compulsory membership fees here on fabswingers…

There is already plenty payment-only sites available for people who wish to go that route……

I like this great site, just as it is, warts and all… !!!!,,,

Sox™

"

yep, a rare and precious gem on a beach of common pebbles..the basic premise of the site is its free..make people pay for it and you'll kill it, and thats no exaggeration, you may as well just shut up shop.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

The block button is a wonderful thing ........Add that to the REPORT button and they work well together

"I'm a site supporter by choice if i was forced to say I wouldn't stay. I've been a member on other pay sites and it was worse as some guys thought they had a right because they paid for the site."

Indeed. I'm on a site that's free to the women. One man, 68, complained saying he couldn't believe he'd been on site three days and hadn't had his sacs emptied!

"These youths might have been oldies on a fake profile used for timewasting when their pension runs out

Increase the pension and we'd stop all this. "

well said Sherlock.

"

call of a button...eh...so the volunteers who do a great job are going to be woken in the middle of the night to boot a numpty "

I sure hope you're not serious.

"Hi All,

Discuss!

"

if you share the profits with me, I might say yes?

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

"Hi All,

Discuss!

"

We are on a pay site (and it's not cheap) and there are still the same problems.

» Add a new message to this topic