FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Personal trainer.

Personal trainer.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Well for me 2012 i am going to get a fit toned body and work on my bits. Have treadmill and things here just hard to know what to do and how much.Even my even get a membership to a health club with gym .. I have lost alot of weight over the last 5 years and just need toning up. Sex i know do work out part of the body well its just not all , lol Do you think having personal trainer or in a mixed gym with others and people looking after you ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

You don't need a trainer Jo, all you need is the motivation to do it.

Get yourself a partner to exercise with, and the biggest single thing is to do something you enjoy doing, so that you'll want to keep doing it.

i was on the tredmill other day 15 min next day my legs , lol

"You don't need a trainer Jo, all you need is the motivation to do it.

Get yourself a partner to exercise with, and the biggest single thing is to do something you enjoy doing, so that you'll want to keep doing it."

so you think going to a gym as other help motivate .. be nice to be with others doing same thing maybe x

It really depends on what type of person you are.

Some people are loners and can train alone, others may need pushing along by a training partner.

Of course, if you can do it yourself, it will be better for you, because you can do it whenever you feel like it.

With a training partner you both have to commit, but I find it's better to do it with someone else. You might be different, but staying motivated is the key.

"It really depends on what type of person you are.

Some people are loners and can train alone, others may need pushing along by a training partner.

Of course, if you can do it yourself, it will be better for you, because you can do it whenever you feel like it.

With a training partner you both have to commit, but I find it's better to do it with someone else. You might be different, but staying motivated is the key."

yes but how do you find a training partner ? my others here go in our pool and wee-fit i cant get into wee-fit thing ..

Ask your kids, or hubby if they fancy doing it.

I train with my son, when he's home from uni.

You could join a gym and ask someone there if you could train with them.

Most gyms will have a notice board, just put a card on it, asking for a partner, or ask the gym manager or training supervisor to help you find a partner

You don't really need to go to the gym to tone up. You can do exercises at home for that. Just get yourself a few things to help such as a workout mat and some resistance bands or something similar then just set yourself a program.

Speak to people on here or even google it and you'll be able to find yourself a program you can do from the comfort of your own home and it'll be a lot cheaper.

Clearly the gym will have more equipment but to be honest whenever I used to go there were only a few people actually doing any sort of constructive training. The majority were just mincing from one bit of equipment to the next with what seemed like no plan or direction.

I suppose a reason to get gym membership would be to sign up to the different classes they have going on. Zumba and spinning classes etc.

I find playing a team sport slightly more effective and enjoyable rather then repetitive exercise at a gym. However swimming is a very effective way of toning up.

The social aspect of it makes a hugh difference so seems less like a chore.

By *abe1200Couple  over a year ago

belfast

"Well for me 2012 i am going to get a fit toned body and work on my bits. Have treadmill and things here just hard to know what to do and how much.Even my even get a membership to a health club with gym .. I have lost alot of weight over the last 5 years and just need toning up. Sex i know do work out part of the body well its just not all , lol Do you think having personal trainer or in a mixed gym with others and people looking after you ?"
Well if u can afford a trainer then ill say go 4 it,its gonna be the money well spend.Its gud to get advise frm someone who know wot he/she is talking abt.

By *YLINDERCouple  over a year ago

CARDIFF

we cycle together and on bad days in doors on a trainer to keep up fitness but look forward to sunny days....and going exploring the countryside extra fun to be found in forests especially xx

I find the gym a big help I go with someone if they are available but mostly go on my own.

What I have found in the past is I was super motivated when I could see the weight dropping off me then I started to get bored on my own and found I wasn't pushing myself. So my advice would be go to the gym as you will see all type there you will see people that looks like you used to look, people that look like you do now and people you want to look like. So that's where your motivation will come from then as time goes on I would advise you to get a training partner /personal trainer

"Well for me 2012 i am going to get a fit toned body and work on my bits. Have treadmill and things here just hard to know what to do and how much.Even my even get a membership to a health club with gym .. I have lost alot of weight over the last 5 years and just need toning up. Sex i know do work out part of the body well its just not all , lol Do you think having personal trainer or in a mixed gym with others and people looking after you ?"

Male half here (awesome profile btw )

I always wanted to tone and bulk up but found gyms really intimidating, I didn't have the courage to run in the street and when I got weights for the house I didn't bother using them.

As I work away from home I joined a gym, got my two free personal trainer sessions and been going ever since. I knew how to run, cycle and row etc but was a complete newbie to free weights and got my trainer to go through them with me. Since then I got a few books on exercise and weights also spent hours looking up workouts on the net. I now have four weights workouts which I rotate, I watch what I eat and I don't think I stand out in the gym as someone who hasn't a clue what they are doing. Also, once you see the results which can come fairly quick, the motivation you get really is fantastic. I lost a stone in two months dropping my down to 11 (then Xmas came dammit)

My advice, join a gym that offers a free personal trainer session, get them to only go through what you don't know or are unsure of and then keep plugging away...you'll get the bug in no time xx

if you go with a PT make sure its a good one. You can have a fitness and nutrition plan put together and then just follow it.

shouldnt need a PT for more than a handful of sessions just to break u in

By *o Peep n WoodyCouple  over a year ago

suffolk

"You don't need a trainer Jo, all you need is the motivation to do it.

Get yourself a partner to exercise with, and the biggest single thing is to do something you enjoy doing, so that you'll want to keep doing it. so you think going to a gym as other help motivate .. be nice to be with others doing same thing maybe x"

I go with a female friend once a week and its more of a giggle that way too.

But I also go on my own and swim too once a week.

Sometimes I have to force myself to go but I do enjoy it and i am beginning to see the benefits

» Add a new message to this topic