FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Copycats

Copycats

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Do you admire/laugh/pity people who copy your ways and do things that you know they are copying.

I was informed about someone was copying my personality as well as they way I do things, a few days ago and was mulling it over.

most who have met me know i'm not a wall flower, I speak as I find and if you don't like me that's not my problem as I wont change for anyone.

then I thought why copy a profile what plainly isn't you, to get meets as you will be found out, specially if you claim to be this and that and simply you arent all what the profile states!!!!

then I thought of way people act to get accepted in life,situations

so do they do it for acceptance or as they are have no self esteem?

just really curious

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *evilwolfCouple  over a year ago

Leicestershire

Imitation is always the sincerest form of flattery

If people mirror you or adopt a similar verbal style it can be a desire for someone to be in-step with you, it's also a subtlety some will use to get their wicked way as well by making you think the person is really on the same page...

I notice people mirroring me quite often, I think it's cute

Wolf

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

ive had chuncks of my profile copied by other local women.... nowt you can do... guess youve got to look at it that they like what you say

You could just take it as a compliment

I had someone copy and paste my very lenghy profile few yrs back and i mauled them about it and reported them to admin, they made them take it off. Was a couple. Real life its different to here, here its plain lazyness, where as in reality, there just people you want to give a wide birth too if there trying to be you?

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I had a girl do this with me about ten years ago. It was strange cause it was other people that picked up on it before me, she would do everything i did and got quite nasty to me twisting events around ect. Once it was pointed out to me, i could see what was happening and tested it out and it was right.

I really dont know why she behaved like it, not as though i was some super model or massive interlect. Ive always been just me. I am quite a simple person in the sense that what you see is what you get and i just get on with stuff, whether she was envious that i am the sort of person that really doesnt care what anyone else thinks or not i dont know.

To be honest, havent thought about her for years. But it did make me wonder at the time

i feel for anyone wanting to be like me lOL

im gobby straight talking and really pig headed at times

I've seen some lines in profiles that I think are quite good/funny. Don't think I've ever copied anything, but I'm sure some have. I could imagine someone copying a lot of someone else's profile (through laziness, or as its 'better' than they could do), but I've found little relevance between profiles & people I've met. Many say what they think you want to hear, and are full of factual untruths. I doubt you could 'match' many people to their profile, if you met them first, then were shown some profiles

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

wouldn't bother me.... unless they dressed better

than me.

then god help them.

People who copy other profiles are just lazy and it does not show the real them.

By *ath-N-DelCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow area

Single white female springs to mind

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"Single white female springs to mind "

now that was a scary film

Highest form of flattery apparently xx

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

"wouldn't bother me.... unless they dressed better

than me.

then god help them.

"

Does Sir dress to the left or right?

This thread really has made me smile

I have people copying me constantly, style of pics mainly but also coming out and saying that they like a certain style of clothing, or have certain ideals.

Imitation is very flattering, but also I find it bizarre that someone would rather copy someone else than be confident in what they are.

I've even had men come up to me and say that they are in competition with my pics, I'm not in competition with anyone.

So mainly I get copied with my pics and my clothing / underwear. Never noticed a replica of my profile, as my profile text is hardly inspiring

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

i thought you were talking about the tv show

i could never imagined being copied,i have always been an introvert and outside looking in.whilst i can see why ertain people in this thread have had their style copied i am not sure how i would feel.

i hope i would have sympathy as it suggests quite a fragile self image ,but could also see how it might be annoying.

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Some things are easy to explain... things get copied because it's easier than making something from scratch. Someone copied my entire profile and only changed 3-4 words from the 784 (or is it 748.. whichever). Their reason?... they said they liked it and thought it would work for them.

Most of the time it is a compliment, they copied it because they thought it was good.

Sometimes they haven't copied it... they just had the same idea.

Sometimes it is more the ego of the person saying they have been copied (I am talking generally here not about the OP)when it is just similar.

To the OP... I don't understand the bit about copying your personality? Someone would have to know you fairly well to do that.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

Merseyside

It's for a myriad of reasons not just the ones offered to you.

hexham

"Some things are easy to explain... things get copied because it's easier than making something from scratch. Someone copied my entire profile and only changed 3-4 words from the 784 (or is it 748.. whichever). Their reason?... they said they liked it and thought it would work for them.

Most of the time it is a compliment, they copied it because they thought it was good.

Sometimes they haven't copied it... they just had the same idea.

Sometimes it is more the ego of the person saying they have been copied (I am talking generally here not about the OP)when it is just similar.

To the OP... I don't understand the bit about copying your personality? Someone would have to know you fairly well to do that."

i was just thinking about that aspect,you see, someone did copy my personality, or the swinging bits they knew,going from attacking sluts,people showing their tits on cam, being very private about their sex life,not having political comments to make on forums,...into being a second jem(i know a horribly scary thought)...which if it hadnt been for the turn around would have been fine if slightly worrying.

i think ppl copy personality when they think it will work better for them than whatever they are currently doing...some people only present a very carefully crafted persona to th outside world,which means changing or adapting it is relativly easy, as the world doesnt see the real them anyway.

My mum copies my hair every time I get it done, does my head in. Last year I was in getting it done and red was waiting, my phone went and I got him to read out the text to me and it was her asking what I was getting done. The git text saying I was getting it chopped into a short bop and becoming a brunette....she was not too happy after the weekend when she was sporting the shortest darkest do she's had and I had long blonde hair haha (they don't get on much)

"

i was just thinking about that aspect,you see, someone did copy my personality, or the swinging bits they knew,going from attacking sluts,people showing their tits on cam, being very private about their sex life,not having political comments to make on forums,...into being a second jem(i know a horribly scary thought)...which if it hadnt been for the turn around would have been fine if slightly worrying. "

Doesn't that happen as people grow and learn... their opinion changes, sometimes over night and sometimes over time. Isn't it part of finding your feet, coming out of your shell (those who started off in a shell that is)... suddenly realising fuck it, I can think this, I can say that.

Is stylising a similar persona the same as copying someone’s personality?

Come to think of it... can one person own a behaviour?

By *ath-N-DelCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow area

Could be the person in question saw the way the OP was and said "I want to be just like her"??

Take it as a compliment...

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

[Removed by poster at 10/01/12 17:11:40]

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I have definitely changed a little and have seen changes in people since they started posting on here...

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

I find it incredible that with all the thousands of profiles on here one might 'come across' a profile that replicates theirs?....

That takes one hell of a lot of browsing...

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

I used to have a person on this very forum that imitated me. Well, to be fair he was actually me from another time.

But it was still very disconcerting.

His bottom wasn't as good as mine.

I miss him/me.

"I find it incredible that with all the thousands of profiles on here one might 'come across' a profile that replicates theirs?....

That takes one hell of a lot of browsing..."

Nahhhh it doesn't have to take any browsing at all on the part of the profile owner.

If the person who copied it lives in the same region, the people searching that region will find it and message you.

"

i was just thinking about that aspect,you see, someone did copy my personality, or the swinging bits they knew,going from attacking sluts,people showing their tits on cam, being very private about their sex life,not having political comments to make on forums,...into being a second jem(i know a horribly scary thought)...which if it hadnt been for the turn around would have been fine if slightly worrying.

Doesn't that happen as people grow and learn... their opinion changes, sometimes over night and sometimes over time. Isn't it part of finding your feet, coming out of your shell (those who started off in a shell that is)... suddenly realising fuck it, I can think this, I can say that.

Come to think of it... can one person own a behaviour?"

yes it does, yes in a way, and no, one cannot own a behaviour.

However, I had one of my students copy my hairstyle and felt obliged to change mine after that.

Even more scarey, I had an employee who started to copy my management style. However, she was only an admin assistant and one day went on a briefing appointment with a client without even telling me. When pulled up it got worse and when she got caught helping herself to money, she was out.

She really started to think she was the boss.

"This thread really has made me smile

I have people copying me constantly, style of pics mainly but also coming out and saying that they like a certain style of clothing, or have certain ideals.

Imitation is very flattering, but also I find it bizarre that someone would rather copy someone else than be confident in what they are.

I've even had men come up to me and say that they are in competition with my pics, I'm not in competition with anyone.

So mainly I get copied with my pics and my clothing / underwear. Never noticed a replica of my profile, as my profile text is hardly inspiring "

omg if only i could manage to copy you pics treacle i doubt anyone could they are stand alone

"i feel for anyone wanting to be like me lOL

im gobby straight talking and really pig headed at times "

Bet they dont copy that for their profile page.....

I copied a quote cause I liked it, but I uses quotations so people know its a quote.

The fact I haven't found anyone who has copied my profile, must mean my profile is crap [stamps feet and walks off in a huff]

Jacqs, be happy your profile is worth copying xxx

I get as many messages from people asking me to come up with an unusual idea for them to use in a picture, as I do requests for meets.

hexham

"

Come to think of it... can one person own a behaviour?"

There was history...

But i agree people can change, though sometimes i think people change to fit in rather than the personal growth you are describing,

hexham

"I used to have a person on this very forum that imitated me. Well, to be fair he was actually me from another time.

I miss him/me. "

he wasnt as sexy...and didnt have a time machine

However he did fuck like a train...

im gobby straight talking and really pig headed at times

Bet they dont copy that for their profile page..... "

im too scared to look

"I copied a quote cause I liked it, but I uses quotations so people know its a quote.

The fact I haven't found anyone who has copied my profile, must mean my profile is crap [stamps feet and walks off in a huff]

Jacqs, be happy your profile is worth copying xxx"

the profile im not bothered about but my personality traits i am

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

How can someone copy your personality? How do you know?

i wasn't aware of it till a few people mentioned it.

little things gave it away like profile changes and answers the same as mine ( which no problem to me)

then other things changed like attitude and the whole other issues like trying to mimic me

on here and in real life there is nothing different about me. My profile is the same as me no airs no graces i give as good as i get.

now since ive been told i saw it and my other half noticed it when he was watching cams the other night

just strange

"Could be the person in question saw the way the OP was and said "I want to be just like her"??

Take it as a compliment..."

not really

"I used to have a person on this very forum that imitated me. Well, to be fair he was actually me from another time.

I miss him/me. "

i still speak to him/you and all is well

"Do you admire/laugh/pity people who copy your ways and do things that you know they are copying.

I was informed about someone was copying my personality as well as they way I do things, a few days ago and was mulling it over.

most who have met me know i'm not a wall flower, I speak as I find and if you don't like me that's not my problem as I wont change for anyone.

then I thought why copy a profile what plainly isn't you, to get meets as you will be found out, specially if you claim to be this and that and simply you arent all what the profile states!!!!

just really curious

"

im so sorry.. I just had to be you for a day and walk a day in your shoes.. oh actually scrap that.. you and I both know I dont do heels..

Really seriously.. you know I am going to ask you on msn now lol

I dont think anyone would copy mine.. its far to bizarre and to much me

but I think its odd but I have had it in my friends.. its why most of my friends now are guys..( not you of course, although yet to check)

Cali x

Cali ill mail you later x

im gobby straight talking and really pig headed at times "

Haha, same here, the woman that copied mine had used the bit where i say im grumpy... i really am too and dont mind admitting it!

"I find it incredible that with all the thousands of profiles on here one might 'come across' a profile that replicates theirs?....

That takes one hell of a lot of browsing..."

It doesnt.. i was told by a guy that had us both on his friends list, funny as id been on msn to him on the friday night whilst i was re writting my profile... monday morning huge chunks of it were on hers, including my spelling mistake, so it was an obvious copy & paste, i messaged her and she deleted it

By *ue care and attentionWoman  over a year ago

birmingham

"Do you admire/laugh/pity people who copy your ways and do things that you know they are copying.

just really curious

"

OMG more than one Jacqs! Beggars belief! One is bad enough!

Mine was on my friends list what made it worse

I was thinking something similar to this recently..about people on the site whos profile statements a have particular kind of 'sameness' about them..like they've taken their cue from others, because they think its the right way to act and present themselves..problem is, they end up mirroring some of the worst profile attitudes and characteristic the site has to offer..i just write them off as 'drones' now

hexham

"i wasn't aware of it till a few people mentioned it.

little things gave it away like profile changes and answers the same as mine ( which no problem to me)

then other things changed like attitude and the whole other issues like trying to mimic me

on here and in real life there is nothing different about me. My profile is the same as me no airs no graces i give as good as i get.

now since ive been told i saw it and my other half noticed it when he was watching cams the other night

just strange"

i didnt see it as a compliment either when it happened to me, its too disturbing

"i wasn't aware of it till a few people mentioned it.

just strange

i didnt see it as a compliment either when it happened to me, its too disturbing"

just strange LOL

Forum Mod

Im wondering if the person that you have noticed copying you has read this thread and thought ooooh I wonder who shes talking about?

i didnt say it was here

im not just on fab x

» Add a new message to this topic