FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Considering Braces at 31

Considering Braces at 31

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi all,

I am consider getting Orthodontic Treatment at 31 years of age, Jayne hasnt pushed me into it!

But I would like to hear from anyone on here that may have already had the treatment or be in treatment or whom might be an Orthodontist.

Many thanks for your time

Mark of Mark and Jayne

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Thought this was about baggy trousers

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

Have no experience but you have just posted one of the most polite requests I have seen for a long time.

Hope you get lots of great replies that help

good luck

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"Thought this was about baggy trousers "

bad man

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

"Have no experience but you have just posted one of the most polite requests I have seen for a long time.

Hope you get lots of great replies that help

good luck "

i would imagine there is no reason not to, one of my children was born with a cleft palate, many people with clefts continue having orthodontics once their jaw is fully formed.

good luck

If your dentist or orthadontist says it will work, and it's what you want to do, then do it, and I too, wish you all the best

I had braces for the second time at 24 - 26 and would recommend them to anyone. Obviously depending on your budget there are lots of options out there but if it makes a difference my own orthodontist had them in when he was about 57/58.

If its something that'll keep annoying you then at least speaking to someone won't do any harm.

Good luck x

Thank you all for your replies even the humour filled one (baggy trousers indeed) lol.

As for an update I was meant to have treatment back in 1993 ( I would have been 13) but my parents were not that committed to constant trips to the Orthodontist.

I am aware that it was suggested I should have four teeth removed (molars I believe) back then.

I spoke to my recent dentist about it and he seemed to be a bit of a Shark wanting to grind away perfectly good teeth rather than refering me to have Orthodontic surgery (removal of the teeth)....

So I do not think I shall be listening to him, so I have to change dentists and then start again...

I would welcome any information from anyone who has been through it all before....

Thank you again

Mark of Mark and Jayne

Looks like I have got to change dentists and then start again... current dentist is clueless and wants to drill perfectly good teeth to achieve this treatment.

So changing dentists but I know that I will be told to find £3500 also.... for any Orthodontic work....

Maybe I should set up a PayPal account for donations? or start saving!

Mark of Mark and Jayne

We would be interested in meeting any former Braced or currently Braced members!

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

"

Looks like I have got to change dentists and then start again... current dentist is clueless and wants to drill perfectly good teeth to achieve this treatment.

So changing dentists but I know that I will be told to find £3500 also.... for any Orthodontic work....

Maybe I should set up a PayPal account for donations? or start saving!

Mark of Mark and Jayne

We would be interested in meeting any former Braced or currently Braced members!"

Have you contacted your regional dental hospital, they may be able to at least advise you on good orthadontists.

my teeth were really bad as I had been pushed over a lot as a kid. 8years I had braces in my teens. Finally taken off and then told a few months later I need an operation to realign my jaw which involves braces for another 2years.

All sorted now though but id get it done asap and get it out the way.

I had teeth removed when I was younger to save having the need for braces when I was older. As the rest popped up they evened out and the result was a perfect line, top and bottom. I'm often complimented for 'me choppers' and still have never needed any fillings.

Hope it all works out for you.

Wolf

I have a brace on at 41

had a jaw op 6 months ago so was done through dental hospital.

Its been on for over 2 years so will be glad to see the back of it

too old to pull off the school girl look lol

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I was meant to have braces as a kid but was bullied for being the fat kid so mum said no bloody way to the braces. I hate my teeth and what to get them fixed at some point. I don't think I have the confidence to get braces at this age though.

However I'd say go for it!!!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I had braces as a child and they worked perfectly. My son was born with a cleft palate and had to have a little work.

I have a gap in my front tooth and a woobly front tooth that sticks out a bit sometimes. There working on saving the tooth at the moment but if i could get my gap fixed then i would. Remember you wouldnt have to have them on forever and its quite a trend in america

By *oddyWoman  over a year ago

between havant and chichester

just thought what if both of you had braces and if you got locked together whilst snogging

I had braces a few years ago and I must say it was worth it. I went through a lot of pain and had to wear a headset.

Good luck with it xx

Well worth it, had alot of work done in my late teens, surgery, headgear, braces and then a retainer. Had a bit of pain after they were tightened each time but they look great now. All the best.X

I'm contemplating this too. At 44! Ask about Invisalign. They're custom made plastic frames that go over your teeth and you can't see them. Over a few months they seem to have good results.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

Merseyside

And once you finish with invisalign your teeth move back where they were.

"And once you finish with invisalign your teeth move back where they were. "

That is true, but that's what retainers are for.

"I'm contemplating this too. At 44! Ask about Invisalign. They're custom made plastic frames that go over your teeth and you can't see them. Over a few months they seem to have good results. "

met someone with Invisalign,wouldnever had know had she not told me.

One of those things I've thankfully avoided.

Perfectly straight teeth, didn't even notice my wisdom teeth come out.

» Add a new message to this topic