FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > reaction to hair dye

reaction to hair dye

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

has any one had a reaction to hair dye and if so what did they do 2 stop it i tried differrent dyes not found one that doesnt cause a reaction

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ensual temptressWoman  over a year ago

Southampton

id speak to your hairdresser .they will be able to advise you more about it . x

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

Ever given natural a thought?

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

how about staying your natural colour?

Norfolk

Snap

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"how about staying your natural colour?"

I forgot what my natural colour is.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Natural henna dye ?

Only reaction I have had was to one of the new foam ones cant remember the name now but it really burnt my scalp .I dye my hair because for me grey on a man looks distinguished on a woman I think unless as I have seen it is all grey in which case it can look stunning it just looks old .

Norfolk

"how about staying your natural colour?

I forgot what my natural colour is. "

I'm sure it's lovely whatever the colour

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

oh guys a woman doesnt like to be grey yikes maybe a nice human hair wig will sort the prob xx

the reaction you are having is most likely to a chemical in the dye (paraphenylenediamine or most hairdressers refer to it as para as we can't pronounce it lol) and all tints to my knowledge have this chemical in, the darker the tint the more it contains so if your reacting then no matter which one you try you will get the same reaction

always do a skin test by mixing a small ammount of the tint and applying with a cotton bud to either behind your ear or the crease in your elbow 48 hours proir to when you wish to carry out the process if you get reddening and or itching do not carry out the tinting process as a severe reaction could result in death and getting rid of those greys isn't that important lets face it

do not give up you could try again annually as our bodies do change and you may stop having an allergic reaction but always do the skin test first

an alternative is to visit a hairdresser and have highlights or lowlights as these are in foil and do not touch your scalp but be certain to inform your hairdresser you react to tint so they can be uber carefull not to let it come into contact with you

i have full head bleach and i have a reaction to that but its nothing to do with the chemical para as its not present in bleach it seems to just quite simply be my scalp finds having peroxide on it a trauma but only if i have freshly washed hair so now i do not wash it on days i'm having my roots done and its solved the problem thankfully as i'm not ready to go dark just yet but i do look awful funny when it happens the top half of my face swells i end up with a massive forehead slitty eyes and a fat nose not great when your at ya best mates wedding and in pics whoops

I would speak to a hairdresser as some reactions against hair dye can be very serious and in some cases life threatening, so do not risk it and seek advice from a professional

"the reaction you are having is most likely to a chemical in the dye (paraphenylenediamine or most hairdressers refer to it as para as we can't pronounce it lol) and all tints to my knowledge have this chemical in, the darker the tint the more it contains so if your reacting then no matter which one you try you will get the same reaction

always do a skin test by mixing a small ammount of the tint and applying with a cotton bud to either behind your ear or the crease in your elbow 48 hours proir to when you wish to carry out the process if you get reddening and or itching do not carry out the tinting process as a severe reaction could result in death and getting rid of those greys isn't that important lets face it

do not give up you could try again annually as our bodies do change and you may stop having an allergic reaction but always do the skin test first

an alternative is to visit a hairdresser and have highlights or lowlights as these are in foil and do not touch your scalp but be certain to inform your hairdresser you react to tint so they can be uber carefull not to let it come into contact with you

i have full head bleach and i have a reaction to that but its nothing to do with the chemical para as its not present in bleach it seems to just quite simply be my scalp finds having peroxide on it a trauma but only if i have freshly washed hair so now i do not wash it on days i'm having my roots done and its solved the problem thankfully as i'm not ready to go dark just yet but i do look awful funny when it happens the top half of my face swells i end up with a massive forehead slitty eyes and a fat nose not great when your at ya best mates wedding and in pics whoops

"

I have never done a skin test before colouring my hair now dont get me wrong I fully understand how stupid it is as I am sure had i done it with the foam one I wouldnt have burnt my scalp but what I would like to know is how do you mix the stuff up. Do you mix all the products together then do the test in which case can it still be used after the time needed to do test or do you just mix a little bit together which worries me in case havnt got the right amount of each which could affect the results anyway.

"I have never done a skin test before colouring my hair now dont get me wrong I fully understand how stupid it is as I am sure had i done it with the foam one I wouldnt have burnt my scalp but what I would like to know is how do you mix the stuff up. Do you mix all the products together then do the test in which case can it still be used after the time needed to do test or do you just mix a little bit together which worries me in case havnt got the right amount of each which could affect the results anyway. "

very good point treacle

right you take a very steady hand and a measuring eye and in a non metalic container pour out a small ammount of each (peroxide and tint) in equal ammounts and using a cotton bud mix the throughly together then use opposite end of that cotton bud to apply once mixed

hope that helps

"I have never done a skin test before colouring my hair now dont get me wrong I fully understand how stupid it is as I am sure had i done it with the foam one I wouldnt have burnt my scalp but what I would like to know is how do you mix the stuff up. Do you mix all the products together then do the test in which case can it still be used after the time needed to do test or do you just mix a little bit together which worries me in case havnt got the right amount of each which could affect the results anyway.

very good point treacle

right you take a very steady hand and a measuring eye and in a non metalic container pour out a small ammount of each (peroxide and tint) in equal ammounts and using a cotton bud mix the throughly together then use opposite end of that cotton bud to apply once mixed

hope that helps

"

Thank you I have now found a use for the med pots I have x

» Add a new message to this topic