FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Friends your kids choose

Friends your kids choose

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Why can't your kids choose friends that you approve of and have good parents with strong moral values like your own?

They always seem to choose the ones you disapprove of

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

then approve of the ones you dislike and disapprove the ones you do .

reverse psycology

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"Why can't your kids choose friends that you approve of and have good parents with strong moral values like your own?

They always seem to choose the ones you disapprove of "

Haha strong moral values? I have the morals of an alley cat so not really in a position to judge.

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

I must have been lucky with my sons, never had that problem.....

I t must be an age thing my daughter 14 is going through the same age she was hanging round with a bunch of numpties till I put my foot down you are the parent you are in control.

"I must have been lucky with my sons, never had that problem....."

I have girls so watching her closely, her friends parents have no control over her and I don't want my 11yr old loitering on the high street,but her parents seem to think its fine grrrrr

I don't mind so much in the lighter nights but this time of year they are in after school instead of hanging about street corners. Have had the group of numpties the last few weeks playing knock and run wrecking the local park throwing things at buses and causing a general nuisance. Some parents just don't give a toss out of sight out of mind.

[Removed by poster at 19/12/11 03:08:20]

"I must have been lucky with my sons, never had that problem.....

I have girls so watching her closely, her friends parents have no control over her and I don't want my 11yr old loitering on the high street,but her parents seem to think its fine grrrrr"

well your the dad its upto you when your child goes out, if you tell her she cant go out she cant loiter on streets

Personally, and this is only my opinion, i think 11 years old is to young to be out without an adult anyway

I suppose it depends where you live but theres no way id let a 11 year old out the house alone

"I don't mind so much in the lighter nights but this time of year they are in after school instead of hanging about street corners. Have had the group of numpties the last few weeks playing knock and run wrecking the local park throwing things at buses and causing a general nuisance. Some parents just don't give a toss out of sight out of mind."

too true and thats why i wouldnt let a child out at that age, they are so easily lead and just want to fit in, if its dark i feel they should be in, theres no reason for a child that age to be walking the street, its to dangerous for a start

"I don't mind so much in the lighter nights but this time of year they are in after school instead of hanging about street corners. Have had the group of numpties the last few weeks playing knock and run wrecking the local park throwing things at buses and causing a general nuisance. Some parents just don't give a toss out of sight out of mind.

I so agree with this, but the other girl's parents are careless and now my daughter thinks I am too strict

too true and thats why i wouldnt let a child out at that age, they are so easily lead and just want to fit in, if its dark i feel they should be in, theres no reason for a child that age to be walking the street, its to dangerous for a start"

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"I so agree with this, but the other girl's parents are careless and now my daughter thinks I am too strict

"

Bit of advice, make of it what you will. My daughter got in with a bad lot when she was 11 and I had the police round a couple of times. Nothing dreadful, just kids stuff, but not really the sort of thing you want. I stopped her from seeing the people she was hanging around with and a couple of years later she thanked me.

Sometimes kids think they want to be all independant but things get out of hand, and they need nasty mummy or daddy to get them out of a situation they are losing control over. I'd rather be thought of as the strictest mother of the year than have to sort out when things go very wrong.

My daughter is now 18 and a lovely young woman, so all turned out well. Good luck!

my son was a problem for a while wrong crowd was always out but hes great lad now totally changed.

my daughter comes home straight from school never goes out school nights. sometimes on a sat will go out with a mate but more often than not she is happy just being at home. she sees her mates at school the rest of the time she says is to spend with her mum.

"my son was a problem for a while wrong crowd was always out but hes great lad now totally changed.

my daughter comes home straight from school never goes out school nights. sometimes on a sat will go out with a mate but more often than not she is happy just being at home. she sees her mates at school the rest of the time she says is to spend with her mum."

Its all bout keeping them occupied if Rosie had it her way she would be in her room day and night on facebook and that's not healthy either.

"I so agree with this, but the other girl's parents are careless and now my daughter thinks I am too strict

Bit of advice, make of it what you will. My daughter got in with a bad lot when she was 11 and I had the police round a couple of times. Nothing dreadful, just kids stuff, but not really the sort of thing you want. I stopped her from seeing the people she was hanging around with and a couple of years later she thanked me.

Sometimes kids think they want to be all independant but things get out of hand, and they need nasty mummy or daddy to get them out of a situation they are losing control over. I'd rather be thought of as the strictest mother of the year than have to sort out when things go very wrong.

My daughter is now 18 and a lovely young woman, so all turned out well. Good luck!"

100% agree

my eldest daughter was a flipping pain in the arse early teenage years, thought she knew it all, packed her bags most weeks to move out because i was a cow and didnt love her because i wouldnt let her run a riot and do what she liked, i called social services myself for help witn her, because i love my kids and i was big enough to admit i couldnt cope with her, got the help i needed and shes now a manager of a pre school creche, at only 20, 6/7 years ago i wouldnt have trusted her to look after a gold fish while i was at work

Its called tough love and sometimes we have to do it

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

My daughter is now 18 and a lovely young woman, so all turned out well. Good luck!

100% agree

my eldest daughter was a flipping pain in the arse early teenage years, thought she knew it all, packed her bags most weeks to move out because i was a cow and didnt love her because i wouldnt let her run a riot and do what she liked, i called social services myself for help witn her, because i love my kids and i was big enough to admit i couldnt cope with her, got the help i needed and shes now a manager of a pre school creche, at only 20, 6/7 years ago i wouldnt have trusted her to look after a gold fish while i was at work

Its called tough love and sometimes we have to do it"

Yep, and most kids are much better for it too.

I must be lucky my daughters friends are all great,lovely bunch of teenagers.infact they all came down sat nite was a pleasure even tho noisy....but i have boundries and rules i lay down and up to now (she will be 16 soon) shes abided by them all....plus a single mom so must be doing something right

"I must have been lucky with my sons, never had that problem.....

I have girls so watching her closely, her friends parents have no control over her and I don't want my 11yr old loitering on the high street,but her parents seem to think its fine grrrrr"

I have girls, never had a problem with them. From the get go I made it abundantly clear in my house I was the queen, the sultana, the empress, she who must be obeyed. Anyone having a problem with that was not being held hostage and was free to leave at anytime I wouldn't stand in their way if they wanted to be wards of the state.

My then husband and I had rules, no going out on school nights. Weekends they had to be home before dark, in the winter that meant 4pm and 10pm in the summer...and that was when they were 16.

We raised them to be independent and hopefully choose their friends wisely. I've only had to say "people judge you by the company you keep" a couple of times.

Thankfully my girls have never felt the need to hang around street corners like hood rats.

» Add a new message to this topic