FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > People who work on Check Outs This Christmas

People who work on Check Outs This Christmas

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Let's think of these brave lads and lasses as they graft away helping us to get the stuff we want for Christmas.

When the queues get long let's not lose our rag, and give them the time and respect they deserve.

Hats off to them working some unGodly hours over the festive season and being away from loved ones.

Merry Christmas to them all.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"Let's think of these brave lads and lasses as they graft away helping us to get the stuff we want for Christmas.

When the queues get long let's not lose our rag, and give them the time and respect they deserve.

Hats off to them working some unGodly hours over the festive season and being away from loved ones.

Merry Christmas to them all."

I could not agree more.......

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

Merseyside

"Let's think of these brave lads and lasses as they graft away helping us to get the stuff we want for Christmas.

Merry Christmas to them all."

Yes Hooorayyyyyy Hats off to all the lads n lasses on the tills and on the self service till, the shelf packers and the price changers....not to forget the ones in the warehouses n on the phones n delivery vans cha chink chink.....

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Oh that makes a very nice change. Guess some peeps do think out the box. I've been the one sat behind the till at Christmas time. And there's more rude peeps than nice. So thank you to the op.

Merry Christmas to them all.

Yes Hooorayyyyyy Hats off to all the lads n lasses on the tills and on the self service till, the shelf packers and the price changers....not to forget the ones in the warehouses n on the phones n delivery vans cha chink chink....."

+1 and if anyone uses Iceland yes ok I know the home of cardboard food , be extra nice to the cashiers as somewhere out there is my baby girl

+1

To all the postmen and post ladies, last minute delivery men (women), bar workers, waiters and waitresses.

In fact to anyone working over the Christmas period

"Oh that makes a very nice change. Guess some peeps do think out the box. I've been the one sat behind the till at Christmas time. And there's more rude peeps than nice. So thank you to the op. "

Well my hat is off to the lads and lasses on the tills. We never hear about these people but we'd be snookered without them.

Yes they get paid but imagine the stress when people are queuing backdown the aisles, everyone's a bit cheesed off, in a rush and the checkout operator has to get everyone through and keep a smile on their face.

And that's at all kinds of hours aswell.

Hats off to them and I hope they get a good Christmas too.

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

Best wishes to all who have their Christmas period.

By *teborahCouple  over a year ago

warrington

The other half is between self scan and tills at a big supermarket, She is comming home exhausted and she tells me about some of the twats that come through her till are nothing more than scum who seem to look down at us like we are slaves and she has to constantly smile and be nice, Good job I dont do her job as I would fuck them straight off!!

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

Great thread Swing...couldn't agree more, hats off to them for all their efforts.

dont forget all the retired people who have given thier life to work ,,,,thank you

"The other half is between self scan and tills at a big supermarket, She is comming home exhausted and she tells me about some of the twats that come through her till are nothing more than scum who seem to look down at us like we are slaves and she has to constantly smile and be nice "

Well done to her for working at the self-scan tills !!

The so called easy self scan tills are a real pain in the ass..

we have also noticed how busy the person in charge of these tills are.

Taking tags off and verify age etc, they are constantly running between scanners..

These bloody self scan save the supermarket between 6-20 jobs per store !!

plus the bloody machines dont even once occasionaly look slightly sexy or even smile and say hello !!

Merry Christmas to all the supermarket staff who cant wait for all this panic buying to be over with and to be back behind the till on Boxing day ....

By *oantrimcpl2010Couple  over a year ago

Lisburn

Deffinatley not a pleasant time to be in retail. Some people forget that us staff are stressed as well but we can still manage a smile and a polite conversation.

By *UNCHBOXMan  over a year ago

folkestone

Some of these staff have to put up with two sorts of crap - twats you gets as customers, and having to listen to the crap Christmas cd's most stores seem to play all day.

hmmmm .... everyone seems to forget barstaff .... working when the supermarket people are off on christmas day etc

My hat goes off to the barstaff and doormen and all the other folks working while everyone is out enjoying the festive period.

Hard work and good on em for turning in and doing it when I'm sure they'd rather be at home with their friends and family.

By *aceytopWoman  over a year ago

from a town near you

couldnt agree more merry christmas to all working over the christmas period,first year off for me for 10 years

i used to volunteer for oxfam and did christmas eve one year never stopped from 1-5pm. it was a lot of work only 2 of us in the shop.

happy christmas to all the paid and unpaid staff

I do feel sorry for some people working in retail to have to work on boxing day, just to satisfy the greed of others.

Totally agree,well done and merry christmas to all whose working over christmas.t

By *arkstaffsMan  over a year ago

Rugeley

I can't remember when I last had a Christmas off work. Its just another day to me as our industry doesn't stop. It amazes me to see how worked up people get about it in the shops, bulk buying 27 loaves of bread etc! And as for the way the staff get treated, that just stinks. People talk to them like dirt, both customers and bosses.

As for those self scan machines, I certainly never use them because they are doing people out of jobs.

Mark- I agree with you completely and it's the way people treat the staff that prompted me to begin the thread. I think they get forgotten at times.

One thing that does amaze me these days is the "panic buying" mentality. The shops have never been open longer in my lifetime, and yet the minute you hear about bad weather or the shops close for a little while on Christmas Day and people start buying 10 loaves of bread and 10 pints of milk.

I wonder what people are expecting to happen. You get it with petrol too. It's like a run on the bank. Even the lady in Asdas one year said to me that they were closed for a matter of hours and yet people were running round like the end of the world was approaching.

Merseyside

Why criticise people ?

Shops want them there.

Maybe their money doesn't come in until a certain time.

Maybe they work for a living.

No one buys 10 loaves n 10 pints unless they 'think' they are going to need them.

I say .....Hat's off to the panic buyers and nasty twats who keep moaning supermarket and bar staff in jobs!

By *r and mrs sanddancerCouple  over a year ago

BOLDON COLLIERY

"Best wishes to all who have their Christmas period. "

Mrs Scouse is hoping her period will be over by Christmas - it's a bloody nuisance!

I'm an ex housekeeper in a 4* hotel we were told if we didnt work xmas and boxing day we would loose our jobs as there were plenty more people that would. I dont drive and as public transport stops on those days i had to use taxis.

So i would earn £36 and my taxi would cost £40 one way. On top of which our boss would go in all the rooms before us and take our tips!.(so if your tipping this xmas please hand to the room staff)

My poor son works in the same hotel as a chief he dosnt drive and has to work xmas day, boxing day and newyears so has the same problem.

So yes i think anyone who works these holidays is fantastic xxx

the thanks must be a blessing to the supermarket workers who work for little more than national minimum wage whilst their employers boast annual profits in the billions

By *arkstaffsMan  over a year ago

Rugeley

The hospitality and catering/pub industry has some of the most disadvantaged workers. Low pay, poor conditions and no union backing.

"Why criticise people ?

Shops want them there.

No one buys 10 loaves n 10 pints unless they 'think' they are going to need them.

I say .....Hat's off to the panic buyers and nasty twats who keep moaning supermarket and bar staff in jobs!"

Merely pointing it out mon cherie.

Last I checked it's a free country and I can state my _iews. Or would you say hats off to denying me that lol

I think people are daft for doing it and I describe the reason in my earlier post.

And if you can explain the correlation between working for a living and panic buying I'll look forward to becoming as enlightened as you.

Merseyside

"Why criticise people ?

Shops want them there.

I say .....Hat's off to the panic buyers and nasty twats who keep moaning supermarket and bar staff in jobs!

Merely pointing it out mon cherie.

Last I checked it's a free country and I can state my _iews. Or would you say hats off to denying me that lol

I think people are daft for doing it and I describe the reason in my earlier post.

And if you can explain the correlation between working for a living and panic buying I'll look forward to becoming as enlightened as you. "

Ah mon wee petite......that you ask for an explanation indicates you are not yet ready to take step two ..all in good time my son, all in good time....

Pee S No one said you can't state your _iews. Glanny Clumpet she leccomend you read what is written and no wha u feel.

Happy Klissymassss

Well it's always nice to benefit from someone as cwevver wevver as you. A shame you can't enlighten further.

I had to ask as it's great to be able to discuss with such a bwight spwark.

Merry Christmas

Merseyside

won't

Compared to the job I do I wouldn't say checkout staff "graft" sat on a till but I'll give them their due it's got to be a shitty job with people bitching about long queues when it's nothing to do with the poor sod scanning away.

Merseyside

Oh go on then. What is it you do?

By *ilmiss75Woman  over a year ago

Thornton

Thank you to the OP for this thread.

I am in this line of work, not so much the actual sitting on a checkout now a days but over the christmas rush I may well have to do to help.

I was really annoyed last night at somebody posting a nasty paragraph on Facebook about my work collegues and refering to them as 'Brain dead till bitches' amongst other things. If it wasn't for those till operators they would be waiting a lot longer for there shopping.

Of course people don't like to wait about during the christmas rush and yes maybe that little ole couple at the front of the queue may need a bit more time getting served.. but one day.. we will all be like that.

Merry Christmas

» Add a new message to this topic