FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > advice to single guys...

advice to single guys...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *good-being-bad OP   Man  over a year ago

mis-types and auto corrects leads cock leeds

There are a few threads from ladies and couples bemoaning the messages they receive, the folk aren't what they're looking for and others.

If a guy posts a similar thread can't get messages meets etc he's often told he needs more than a basic profile, he needs to stand out etc,

Yet if you suggest to those ladies and couple's the same advice good profile , pictures, good opening messages etc they often baulk at the idea they need to change ..

Should the advice be different for different genders ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Not really. Male and female would benefit from a well written profile and good photos and an ability to communicate in writing well.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Nah. Same goes for everyone really. But lots of folk just don't like to be told.

"Nah. Same goes for everyone really. But lots of folk just don't like to be told."

By *leasureGuy17Man  over a year ago

City Center

Advice is the same for all. However most women don’t even need to post a pic and they are inundated with messages. It’s just a simple case of more men on here than women or couples. So women/couples can pick and choose as they see fit.

As Bruce Hornsby once said “that’s just the way it is”

By *ornylittlesubWoman  over a year ago

Grangemouth

All things being equal, the advice is good for all....but of course on Fab, all things aren't equal...shame, as this place does seem to bring out the worse in us women. (Obviously present company excluded)

A woman can have no profile text or pics and she'll still get messages.

A man can write a big profile and get no messages.

By *ampshirehotwifeWoman  over a year ago

Hampshire

"All things being equal, the advice is good for all....but of course on Fab, all things aren't equal...shame, as this place does seem to bring out the worse in us women. (Obviously present company excluded) "

I'll second that!

"There are a few threads from ladies and couples bemoaning the messages they receive, the folk aren't what they're looking for and others.

If a guy posts a similar thread can't get messages meets etc he's often told he needs more than a basic profile, he needs to stand out etc,

Yet if you suggest to those ladies and couple's the same advice good profile , pictures, good opening messages etc they often baulk at the idea they need to change ..

Should the advice be different for different genders ?"

There’s a post bemoaning not enough good men currently, yes. It’s been posted by a man though.

"A woman can have no profile text or pics and she'll still get messages.

A man can write a big profile and get no messages. "

I'm trying to figure out if that's you're arse cheeks, cleavage or thighs...it's not relevant I'd shag you even if it was your ball bag

By *j48Man  over a year ago

Wigan

Haven't you seen the plethora of single women and couples on here with.....

No face pic no reply on their profile

Not a pic of anything on their own profile..

It gets rather tedious browsing...

NEXT

No pic of something to arouse or dissuade curiosity = no profile allowed, simple really and it's save a shit load of time

A man can write a big profile and get no messages. "

Very true - just the nature if life on fab

"There are a few threads from ladies and couples bemoaning the messages they receive, the folk aren't what they're looking for and others.

No it should be the same.

I would happily welcome advice from people personally as I think there’s always room for improvement.

Not sure why anyone would or should have an issue with polite advice this may benefit them!

By *alking DisasterWoman  over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

"Haven't you seen the plethora of single women and couples on here with.....

NEXT

No pic of something to arouse or dissuade curiosity = no profile allowed, simple really and it's save a shit load of time

"

Yet men also do the same and complain they don't get any replies.

I don't have pictures on my profile because I'm looking for a man that wants me, not a hole.

"Advice is the same for all. However most women don’t even need to post a pic and they are inundated with messages. It’s just a simple case of more men on here than women or couples. So women/couples can pick and choose as they see fit.

As Bruce Hornsby once said “that’s just the way it is” "

This is true.

When I joined a month ago I didn’t upload anything for a day as I was trying to work my way around the site first before putting in effort into my profile and I had hundreds of messages.

There was literally nothing on my profile other than my age, location & the usual “I’m a straight woman looking for a man” blah blah.

And I had messaged such as “great profile” “you sound perfect” so funny!

South Oxfordshire

No it should be the same.

I would happily welcome advice from people personally as I think there’s always room for improvement.

Not sure why anyone would or should have an issue with polite advice this may benefit them! "

The issue I have with the OP is that he gives "advice" when none has been asked for.

There’s a post bemoaning not enough good men currently, yes. It’s been posted by a man though. "

Yep that's posted by a guy on behalf of a lady.. it's one of the threads where I offered some "single guy advice" better profile better text etc ..and received a less than Luke warm response and prompted my posting of this thread

South Oxfordshire

There’s a post bemoaning not enough good men currently, yes. It’s been posted by a man though.

Yep that's posted by a guy on behalf of a lady.. it's one of the threads where I offered some "single guy advice" better profile better text etc ..and received a less than Luke warm response and prompted my posting of this thread

"

Your advice wasn't asked for or required.

"

But that’s exactly my point. A chap posted it. That’s the extent of the facts we know.

By *ollyGWoman  over a year ago

Southampton

We are all here for sex! Pics do improve your chances of meeting, please don't condem guys girls, ladies are just as bad, me included!

By *ystical_InkedBBWWoman  over a year ago

somewhere in the Shire of Derby

Maybe it's more to do with the opening message. When you get messages that are all stating similar things e.g. nice boobs, you look amazing, fancy a fuck, sit on this, you just feel that no effort is being made by them to stand out and grab your attention so you'll hit the delete button.

What kind of opening messages are men receiving from women? Do men want to receive the type of messsges that a lot women tend to receive or are they happy to receive a general introduction?

OP, when I respond to guys messages, I often ask a few simple questions

Along the lines of " tell me about your experience please. Would you be up for blah, blah and blah?"

Invariably, they either ignore the question completely.

Answer with stuff that is clearly nonsense ( its not difficult to spot the fibbers)

Or, they dont even understand what Ive said.

I also often comment on something they have written on their profile

And often get " you what?" back

Quite how they can forget what they wrote in their own profile text is beyond me.

But hey ho.

Are you suggesting that if I had more pics, I would attract men that are actually able to converse properly?

Your advice wasn't asked for or required."

, you said you're not getting the messages you'd like from the guys you'd like ..I suggested you up your game as the 'good guys ' would likely bypass your profile ..at the time your profile was hidden with zero pictures..

Don't like the advice ignore, I'm not the one complaining I can't find what I'm looking for..

, you said you're not getting the messages you'd like from the guys you'd like ..I suggested you up your game as the 'good guys ' would likely bypass your profile ..at the time your profile was hidden with zero pictures..

Don't like the advice ignore, I'm not the one complaining I can't find what I'm looking for.. "

Unsolicited profile advice is not encouraged round these parts

If its working for the fem or couple why would they need to change it?

In my experience a fem can have a blank profile abd still get bombarded with messages

By *arnsley guy100Man  over a year ago

Sheffield

Every meet I've had has every time been about right place at right time and met within the hour or less.

Nothing to do with "chemistry, my eyes, my personality,what I do for a living or that she likes my dog" .. End of day she wants some cock and not that intrested I knowing my name either .

There's no right or wrong way to do anything, so don't spend time trying to hard.. Just go with the flow and it comes about.

South Oxfordshire

Don't like the advice ignore, I'm not the one complaining I can't find what I'm looking for.. "

I wasn't complaining

"OP, when I respond to guys messages, I often ask a few simple questions

Along the lines of " tell me about your experience please. Would you be up for blah, blah and blah?"

Answer with stuff that is clearly nonsense ( its not difficult to spot the fibbers)

Quite how they can forget what they wrote in their own profile text is beyond me.

But hey ho.

Are you suggesting that if I had more pics, I would attract men that are actually able to converse properly?

"

No I'm suggesting to attract like minded folk we all should inform to the best of our abilities.. last I saw your profile said 50 year old woman looking to meet men (or similar).. then there was something about memoirs .. tells me nothing other than if I'm a bloke I'm in with a chance.. better pictures up to you better profile up to you, continue as you were yep that's up to you..

Search for folk who make the effort yourself .. that's your choice as well effort in reward out

Don't like the advice ignore, I'm not the one complaining I can't find what I'm looking for..

Unsolicited profile advice is not encouraged round these parts"

I didn't give profile advice I couldn't read it.. the ladies was hidden..

South Oxfordshire

But hey ho.

No I'm suggesting to attract like minded folk we all should inform to the best of our abilities.. last I saw your profile said 50 year old woman looking to meet men (or similar).. then there was something about memoirs .. tells me nothing other than if I'm a bloke I'm in with a chance.. better pictures up to you better profile up to you, continue as you were yep that's up to you..

Search for folk who make the effort yourself .. that's your choice as well effort in reward out"

Stop giving unsolicited profile advice.

But hey ho.

Search for folk who make the effort yourself .. that's your choice as well effort in reward out"

I note that you have completely disregarded my post, and the content therein.

How come?

Im confused as to how male responses have anything to do with my effort levels

South Oxfordshire

I didn't give profile advice I couldn't read it.. the ladies was hidden.. "

You still gave me profile advice. You still keep giving me profile advice. You can't even read it so have no idea what it says.

By *loswingersCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

Shouldn’t be different , but couples and single women don’t struggle to find meets . Or at least they shouldn’t do ,

Often you’ll hear about women who join getting hundreds of messages in the first few weeks , and that’s often with a very basic profile and no pics .

You still gave me profile advice. You still keep giving me profile advice. You can't even read it so have no idea what it says."

If you read my post from the good men thread ..I said your profile is hidden.. when it's not does it sell yourself ..varied pictures ..you said how have no pictures because you don't want to be an object ..

For a man to be successful on here he needs to be found attractive by the people he's contacting.

There's no magic formula to profiles it's simply about pictures, a decent funny profile can help but without the pictures it means fuck all.

I give honest advice to everyone regardless of gender, if a man moans that he can't get sex and he has a blank profile and no pictures then I'll tell him, if a woman moans that all her messages are graphic and disrespectful but has pictures of her cunt looking like a ripped open cheese toasty, again I'll tell her.

South Oxfordshire

You still gave me profile advice. You still keep giving me profile advice. You can't even read it so have no idea what it says.

If you read my post from the good men thread ..I said your profile is hidden.. when it's not does it sell yourself ..varied pictures ..you said how have no pictures because you don't want to be an object .."

Yes, that is profile advice. It might be generic profile advice, but it was profile advice directed at me.

South Oxfordshire

"For a man to be successful on here he needs to be found attractive by the people he's contacting.

There's no magic formula to profiles it's simply about pictures, a decent funny profile can help but without the pictures it means fuck all.

I give honest advice to everyone regardless of gender, if a man moans that he can't get sex and he has a blank profile and no pictures then I'll tell him, if a woman moans that all her messages are graphic and disrespectful but has pictures of her cunt looking like a ripped open cheese toasty, again I'll tell her.

"

I often get graphic and disrespectful ones without any pictures up!

But hey ho.

Search for folk who make the effort yourself .. that's your choice as well effort in reward out

How come?

Im confused as to how male responses have anything to do with my effort levels"

I answered you question at the bottom. About more pictures. I can't offer a reason why guys can't answer questions about their profile or questions in messages lucidly..

My effort in reward out comment was for you to do the searching for guys who fit your requirements rather than wait for those guys to find you..

"Advice is the same for all. However most women don’t even need to post a pic and they are inundated with messages. It’s just a simple case of more men on here than women or couples. So women/couples can pick and choose as they see fit.

As Bruce Hornsby once said “that’s just the way it is” "

Some things will never change.

As Bruce Hornsby once said “that’s just the way it is”

This is true.

When I joined a month ago I didn’t upload anything for a day as I was trying to work my way around the site first before putting in effort into my profile and I had hundreds of messages.

There was literally nothing on my profile other than my age, location & the usual “I’m a straight woman looking for a man” blah blah.

And I had messaged such as “great profile” “you sound perfect” so funny! "

I love the enthusiasm of the 'get in first brigade' when a new blank female profile pops up.

South Oxfordshire

But hey ho.

How come?

I answered you question at the bottom. About more pictures. I can't offer a reason why guys can't answer questions about their profile or questions in messages lucidly..

My effort in reward out comment was for you to do the searching for guys who fit your requirements rather than wait for those guys to find you.. "

Ah, so basically you are too lazy to search yourself and you think the women should come to you...

If you read my post from the good men thread ..I said your profile is hidden.. when it's not does it sell yourself ..varied pictures ..you said how have no pictures because you don't want to be an object ..

Yes, that is profile advice. It might be generic profile advice, but it was profile advice directed at me."

You think it's inappropriate report to admin..I'm sure they'll have a look at it

simply ratios ...women can take their pick, no bitterness just fact

But hey ho.

How come?

My effort in reward out comment was for you to do the searching for guys who fit your requirements rather than wait for those guys to find you..

Ah, so basically you are too lazy to search yourself and you think the women should come to you..."

Its a two way street.. I know what I'm looking for so I actively seek those folk after all I know better than anyone who I seek..and actively look .. hopefully my profile informs others what I'm looking for as well ..so if they come across me they can make an I formed decision ..

Makes sense to me.

By *j48Man  over a year ago

Wigan

NEXT

I don't have pictures on my profile because I'm looking for a man that wants me, not a hole."

I've chatted to quite a few ladies with no photo, get along just fine and finally they send one.. Conversation stops.. Not my type

So it's pointless unless there is a clue to start with what someone might be like in the flesh

By *loswingersCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

NEXT

I don't have pictures on my profile because I'm looking for a man that wants me, not a hole.

I've chatted to quite a few ladies with no photo, get along just fine and finally they send one.. Conversation stops.. Not my type

So it's pointless unless there is a clue to start with what someone might be like in the flesh "

Exactly this

"For a man to be successful on here he needs to be found attractive by the people he's contacting.

"

And you've just put me off cheese toasties for life.

But I agree with your first paragraph, it's about the pictures. People say it's about the profile, but really it's almost always about the pictures.

A man can write a big profile and get no messages.

I'm trying to figure out if that's you're arse cheeks, cleavage or thighs...it's not relevant I'd shag you even if it was your ball bag "

South Oxfordshire

NEXT

So it's pointless unless there is a clue to start with what someone might be like in the flesh "

That works for you because you want a hole.

The answer appears to be yes, the advice should be different.

Men should be told exactly what to have on their profiles. What pics they should have - they aren't allowed to have no pics or the womenfolk go mad. What their profile text must say. What they must say in messages. If they don't do as they're told they will get no pussy. Ever.

Women- crikey don't ever tell women what you'd like to see on their profiles!! They do the opposite of what they demand of the men. They won't message men, the men must make a huge effort to seduce the woman... who will then totally ignore them. Don't ever ask women for pics to check if you'd be attracted to them. You will be wrong if you want to be attracted to her and also wrong if you like her personality. It's a conundrum.

NEXT

So it's pointless unless there is a clue to start with what someone might be like in the flesh

That works for you because you want a hole."

You're being rude. He said he wasn't attracted to the woman. If he just wanted a hole he would have just fucked her.

South Oxfordshire

NEXT

You're being rude. He said he wasn't attracted to the woman. If he just wanted a hole he would have just fucked her. "

My point is he doesn't care about the person. He isn't attracted to the personality only the looks. So that means he is only looking for a hole (he just has physical standards).

By *ittleAcornMan  over a year ago

NEXT

You're being rude. He said he wasn't attracted to the woman. If he just wanted a hole he would have just fucked her.

My point is he doesn't care about the person. He isn't attracted to the personality only the looks. So that means he is only looking for a hole (he just has physical standards).

"

No, he is interested in both. But obviously is still your basic human. Most of us need that physical attraction.

Particularly on a site like this. It's not a dating site, we are not (on the whole) looking for long term partners.

But with that said, many dating sites start of from the physical appearance (Tinder, Bumble, etc).

Why should it be an issue for people to want to feel an attraction, to the person they are going to have sex with? It seems honest to me.

South Oxfordshire

NEXT

No, he is interested in both. But obviously is still your basic human. Most of us need that physical attraction.

Particularly on a site like this. It's not a dating site, we are not (on the whole) looking for long term partners.

But with that said, many dating sites start of from the physical appearance (Tinder, Bumble, etc).

Why should it be an issue for people to want to feel an attraction, to the person they are going to have sex with? It seems honest to me."

So you have never experienced it where you have been so turned on by the mind that when you see a photo, or the person IRL, the attraction is there even if the person isn't of your usual type?

By *ittleAcornMan  over a year ago

"

Why should it be an issue for people to want to feel an attraction, to the person they are going to have sex with? It seems honest to me.

So you have never experienced it where you have been so turned on by the mind that when you see a photo, or the person IRL, the attraction is there even if the person isn't of your usual type?"

Yes I have, but that's only because your wording allows me to say that. "Not my usual type" does not mean physically unattractive to me.

If we replace your phrase with that, then no, that does not work for me. And I believe for a good chunk of people, particularly blokes, that would not work.

Because that is one of our underlying animal drivers. You may be operating on a higher plane, but I feel you are probably in a minority.

I could be wrong, but that's my impression after some years of observation.

» Add a new message to this topic