FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Con men using dating apps

Con men using dating apps

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *alcon43 OP   Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

WARNING

Not sure if anyone else has come across this but I’ve noticed a worrying trend of getting Facebook requests from guys who have very little on their Facebook profiles and are usually in the American armed forces sending friend invites. They are also on other dating sites.

They come across as charming, usually widowed but then after a few days of chatting something will have happened and they want you to buy an iTunes voucher, then they’ve been robbed or something else has happened and they need you to send money. They’ll ask for your bank details as they say they need that to accept money. They promise to pay it all back.

This is all a con. Don’t fall for it. Fortunately I’ve not fallen for their con but I have read of others who have.

I’m sure there are women out there who con men in this way as well.

Don’t ever give anyone personal details that can be used to find out your ID such as full name, birth date, etc. Never give out your banking details.

Be safe

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I bet the have Nigerian uncles with a lot of money they need to offload too

Is this a serious post

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

People will always fall for these scams. They play in to insecurities and loneliness and use flattery. I've read of and heard interviews with women who seem intelligent who have been taken in by this. I think they're way too trusting and incredibly naive. It's wise to trust nobody on social media.

Yeah, I occasionally get these kind of friend requests. I just ignore them and delete. Also working for an airline we are targets of men and it’s usually reported to our security dept. Guys asking for pictures or uniform items. If I don’t know the person regardless of how many mutual friends we have I won’t accept.

By *oxiAnneWoman  over a year ago

Not on a Hot Gin Roof :/

I get a lot of friend requests from ‘US Military’ on Facebook, as I don’t accept anyone I don’t know its not a problem for me

I can see how some would fall for it, which is sad.

Thanks forr the idea.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I know of an 89 year old man who gets many, many friend requests from young women in the poorer countries of the world which he accepts. He's a bit of an unsavoury character and would be likely to be taken in by a woman wanting to flatter him or talk sexually to him. Luckily a younger relative checks his account on FB and takes them all off.

I get a load of spam email the last one was classic. Apparently bill gates of windows fame had so much money they he was giving 99% away and a load of emails was put into a hat and drawn out...guess what I was one of the lucky ones that had win £1 million....brilliant I thought fantastic... That's me sorted for life...I have then the my bank details address, date of birth and anything else they wanted..it went on for about 2 weeks on and off... The cheque lost in the post, problem with my bank.. etc etc. I did not have the heart to tell them all the details I have them were bullshit, but it was fun giving them shit back as they generally thought I fell for their crap... Fucking leechers...??

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

Poor old Prince Bakawayuh from Chad is left out in the cold

» Add a new message to this topic