FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Trying really hard to give up smoking...

Trying really hard to give up smoking...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *emmefatale OP   Woman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Got down to 3 a day and have managed to stay at that but finding it really hard at times, i even sent off for the quit kit you see on tv...any tips?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Got down to 3 a day and have managed to stay at that but finding it really hard at times, i even sent off for the quit kit you see on tv...any tips? "

I used a strange technique of learning to hate inhaling from a cigarette. Whilst I was giving up I made myself gag every time I puffed away.

6 years without a ciggie I can say it worked for me.

I've loads of spare tips you want em.

Seriously though I'm on day 12 of my champix and I've been smoke free for 2 days now

"I've loads of spare tips you want em.

Seriously though I'm on day 12 of my champix and I've been smoke free for 2 days now "

well done you

Seriously though I'm on day 12 of my champix and I've been smoke free for 2 days now

well done you "

It's still hard at the mo but taking each day as it comes

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Seriously though I'm on day 12 of my champix and I've been smoke free for 2 days now "

Dont fancy the idea of taking tablets..was gonna give patches a go..well done you!x

I used champix to give up and am now coming up to 8 months without smoking x they really do work x

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"I used champix to give up and am now coming up to 8 months without smoking x they really do work x"
any nasty side effects?

By *oantrimcpl2010Couple  over a year ago

Lisburn

"I used champix to give up and am now coming up to 8 months without smoking x they really do work xany nasty side effects?"

I tried champix, was fine the first week and then when i got to 2nd week i was constantly sick, had to give them up

Thinking of trying hypnotherapy after xmas

"I used champix to give up and am now coming up to 8 months without smoking x they really do work xany nasty side effects?"

I haven't had any, just make sure you eat something before you take em, but saying that everyone is different.

By *anderer46Man  over a year ago

wolverhampton

Don't bother with the quit kit you have sent for its a waste of time. I had 1 come through the post last week

dirtybigbadsgirlville

[Removed by poster at 25/11/11 07:40:37]

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Don't bother with the quit kit you have sent for its a waste of time. I had 1 come through the post last week "
oh thanks for the positivity! the blue thing helps a bit

By *aceytopWoman  over a year ago

from a town near you

im just abou tostart on the champix again gave up for 6 months then started again,realy annoyed with mysel.f, i can only take a half dose,same with any meds tho not just the champix

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"I used champix to give up and am now coming up to 8 months without smoking x they really do work xany nasty side effects?

I tried champix, was fine the first week and then when i got to 2nd week i was constantly sick, had to give them up

Thinking of trying hypnotherapy after xmas "

thats on my maybe list next to acupuncture, but im scared of needles

People... Please be careful with Champix...!!

I did the full course in January and was fine... Till I came off them...

Suicidal depression was the least of my problems... It took till August to settle down...

Doesnt happen to many... But keep an eye out for moodswings.

Good luck all...;-)

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"People... Please be careful with Champix...!!

Suicidal depression was the least of my problems... It took till August to settle down...

Good luck all...;-)"

Just read up a bit ...flatulence is one side effect!

Lisburn

"I used champix to give up and am now coming up to 8 months without smoking x they really do work xany nasty side effects?

Thinking of trying hypnotherapy after xmas thats on my maybe list next to acupuncture, but im scared of needles "

Scared of needles as well, I have tried 4 times to give up. have set a new date for after xmas and will attempt again.

champix is fine now, it used to be called zyban, if anyone can rememebr that, but it was recalled as it had loads of side effect and making people really bad, they took it off the market, tweeked it, improved it, gave it a new name and so far everything with it seems fine

i know loads of people who have quit smoking on champix and none of them have a bad thing to say about it

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Good luck all...;-)"

Moodswings??? I have PMT as it is....

Good luck all...;-)Just read up a bit ...flatulence is one side effect! "

and you can't blame the dog

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Thinking of trying hypnotherapy after xmas thats on my maybe list next to acupuncture, but im scared of needles

Scared of needles as well, I have tried 4 times to give up. have set a new date for after xmas and will attempt again."

I have been smoking for 20 years....but really want to give up now, i have talked about it for a while, but really want to now, just dont want to set myself unrealistic goals like i do every new years resolution i fail

Thinking of trying hypnotherapy after xmas thats on my maybe list next to acupuncture, but im scared of needles

Scared of needles as well, I have tried 4 times to give up. have set a new date for after xmas and will attempt again.I have been smoking for 20 years....but really want to give up now, i have talked about it for a while, but really want to now, just dont want to set myself unrealistic goals like i do every new years resolution i fail "

now you have it set in your mind keep telling yourself you don't need to smoke, it's not easy but once you can get that foundation set it does make it easier when you finally stub the last one out.

By *aceytopWoman  over a year ago

from a town near you

re side effects,my friend had to come off them because they,kickstarted depression,i think if you are predisposed to depression as she is then it can make things worse

Lisburn

Scared of needles as well, I have tried 4 times to give up. have set a new date for after xmas and will attempt again.I have been smoking for 20 years....but really want to give up now, i have talked about it for a while, but really want to now, just dont want to set myself unrealistic goals like i do every new years resolution i fail "

Know what you mean. Its only when you quit trying to quit that you fail. If that makes sense. xx

"Just read up a bit ...flatulence is one side effect! "

Thats why I dont argue when ya call me a Fart...

Oh... and New Year is not a good time for resolutions...;-)

Good luck everyone trying to give u, Ill be joining in at New year....I found two trickd in the past, join a gym a month before you quit, you will realy notice the difference when you stop and wont put on anywhere near was much weight... and I have also found that the lilozenges are great as you can have one when you feel like a ciggy. Also roll up a postit note to play with and suck like a fag too.

My probem is not giving u n getting off for a couple of months, its staying off. Anyone got any advice or the three month point?

I'm currently on 20 chuppa chup lollies a day now

The patches worked for me...people moan about em but if you follow the course correctly they work, i haven't smoked for nearly six years since starting the course..and i never even feel like one.

if i can quit anyone can took me about 5 attempts but finally done it. been about 4 years now =]

what i found is just trying to cut down and ween urself off them doesnt work. u gotta quit outright

dirtybigbadsgirlville

" if i can quit anyone can took me about 5 attempts but finally done it. been about 4 years now =]

what i found is just trying to cut down and ween urself off them doesnt work. u gotta quit outright "

see i have weaned myself down to 3 a day but cant get past that number...

" if i can quit anyone can took me about 5 attempts but finally done it. been about 4 years now =]

what i found is just trying to cut down and ween urself off them doesnt work. u gotta quit outright see i have weaned myself down to 3 a day but cant get past that number... "

you will

By *heekychezzaWoman  over a year ago

warrington

"Got down to 3 a day and have managed to stay at that but finding it really hard at times, i even sent off for the quit kit you see on tv...any tips? "

Have a read of Allan Carr's The Easy Way To Stop Smoking. I went from being a 30-a-day chimney to a non-smoker overnight and didn't touch one for 6 years (then bloody stupid bitch that I am decided to have one or two,and before I knew it was backto 20 a day).

Fully intend to rejoin the non-smoking club early in the new year, am thinking of going down the Zyban/Champix route.

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Got down to 3 a day and have managed to stay at that but finding it really hard at times, i even sent off for the quit kit you see on tv...any tips?

Have a read of Allan Carr's The Easy Way To Stop Smoking. I went from being a 30-a-day chimney to a non-smoker overnight and didn't touch one for 6 years (then bloody stupid bitch that I am decided to have one or two,and before I knew it was backto 20 a day).

Fully intend to rejoin the non-smoking club early in the new year, am thinking of going down the Zyban/Champix route."

Thanks Chezza il look the book up and have a peek x

if u get really stressy u`ll have 3 in an hour quit completely

anytime u want one give urself a slap

I gave up giving up and so far ive managed to stick to it hope this helps xx

"Got down to 3 a day and have managed to stay at that but finding it really hard at times, i even sent off for the quit kit you see on tv...any tips?

Fully intend to rejoin the non-smoking club early in the new year, am thinking of going down the Zyban/Champix route."

Thank you I have been trying to think of that book for ages , I used it and like you gave up overnight and lasted 6 years been the longest I have ever managed to give up

I found that I had stopped enjoying smoking, a while before I gave up- and I didn't use anything.

I just said, no more, but I kept ciggies in the house- just not my brand- I kept silk cut in, that way if I really wanted one, it would be one that I didn't really like, and it meant I just didn't bother!

Good luck though, I hope it works out for ya xx

Alan Carr is gonna wonder why the sales of his book have shot up soon

By *esmond70Man  over a year ago

tavistock

i tried the patches found they were really hard to light lol joke. try looking online e lite electronic ciggarette they can help

i now only smoke when i have a drink .... and i'm down to 40 pints a day

yesturday i went to on learning to live healthy course, it runs for 6 weeks and its something different every week. ( far too much time on my hands lol)well it was holistic therapy yesturday, now i'm not into all that but have to say it was very intersting, did you know that if you burn yourself, put lavender esstential oil over the burn and it stops the burn. it really does work , how do i know this because this dopey arse burnt herself whilst carrying tea

anyway, the woman had us 'tapping' she gave us some chocolate and told us not to eat it ( now thats not good for a chocoholic like me ) anyway she showed us how to do the tapping , and i couldn't believe it, it made the craving go away. now i know what you're thinking cos i was thinking it too.. what a load of rubbish mind over matter etc... but after doing this 'tapping' 3 times i no longer wanted the chocolate that was infront of me, even when she made us all taste it , it didn't taste of chocolate at all . ( and it was galaxy, i loveeee galaxy)

i tried it later on at home when i got a craving again and blow me down it worked again.

have a look on you tube

some of you that watch celeb get me out of here may have seen sinita doing it

why not give it a try , its something you have to do regulary but it is ment to be good for slimming and smoking too.

hope you find something that helps you quit. oh and my friend gave up using champix too so it works for some.

good luck xx

only one i found and they tell you this is to eat before you take it as it makes you feel sick, i always made sure i had something weighty for breakfast and then took it and the same in the evening.

it really helped with the cravings and withdrawal symptoms x

Try those electronic cigarettes, £5.99 from Tesco's.

They deliver the sensation of smoking and the nicotine through vapour rather than smoke.

I been on them for two months now, not a twinge of withdrawal, down to two or three a week of these, from over 30 fags a day.

We gave up in May after a few weeks of failed trying. We just stopped that was it no more cigs. Didn't do patches just pure willpower alone and some how it worked.

Didn't even think about wanting a smoke or anything. The best advice I can give is when you're ready to quit it will happen but don't try to force it. All you do is add extra stress that you don't need as to do this you need to be able to relax without needing a smoke.

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

i was going to stop but Soapy is moving up soon so I think i need them for a bit longer

well done and good luck to those stopped and stopping x

I started 10 months ago for some strange reason xx

By *orkieMan  over a year ago

Who knows

Stopped smoking beginning of 2009 using the nicorette inhaler, down from 35 a day down to zero..... still a smoke free zone nearly 3 years later

I did it with chewing gum and the patches. xxxx Keep going its worth it xx

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

"I started 10 months ago for some strange reason xx "

FROFF!!!!

my mum smoked for years and tried to give up but used any excuse to start again, she then went the doctors and got some tablets zyban or something like that, she has been smoke free for over 10 years

A young woman confides to a friend that she wants to quit smoking, but nothing she does seems to work.

"Have you tried the patch?" her friend asks.

"No, that's one thing I haven't tried," the woman says, "because I'm not sure it works."

Says her friend, "I'm sure it would if you put it over your mouth"

"A young woman confides to a friend that she wants to quit smoking, but nothing she does seems to work.

"Have you tried the patch?" her friend asks.

"No, that's one thing I haven't tried," the woman says, "because I'm not sure it works."

Says her friend, "I'm sure it would if you put it over your mouth" "

Joking aside am smoke free a year in December it can be done only if you want it though.

mrs will be 12 months in january and im really proud of her determination (especially when you meet her kids. lol)

she did it because a) i dont smoke, and b) 2 of her kids and her neighbour were bumming fags off her and she was getting through 80 a day (and in ireland thats some amount of money, i can tell you)

tbf she is not really any better financially cuz the kids take up what money she saves, but physially she is better, and her stamina has improved.

giggerty!

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Thank you all for your tips n advice, i will endeavour to take them all on board....thanks again! xxxx

"Thank you all for your tips n advice, i will endeavour to take them all on board....thanks again! xxxx "

bet u`ve got a fag in ur mouth while typing that

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Thank you all for your tips n advice, i will endeavour to take them all on board....thanks again! xxxx

bet u`ve got a fag in ur mouth while typing that "

actually no, already had my morning one, il save the two i allow myself one at tea time and one last thing xx

"Thank you all for your tips n advice, i will endeavour to take them all on board....thanks again! xxxx

bet u`ve got a fag in ur mouth while typing that actually no, already had my morning one, il save the two i allow myself one at tea time and one last thing xx "

what do u do after a shag

"yesturday i went to on learning to live healthy course, it runs for 6 weeks and its something different every week. ( far too much time on my hands lol)well it was holistic therapy yesturday, now i'm not into all that but have to say it was very intersting, did you know that if you burn yourself, put lavender esstential oil over the burn and it stops the burn. it really does work , how do i know this because this dopey arse burnt herself whilst carrying tea

anyway, the woman had us 'tapping' she gave us some chocolate and told us not to eat it ( now thats not good for a chocoholic like me ) anyway she showed us how to do the tapping , and i couldn't believe it, it made the craving go away. now i know what you're thinking cos i was thinking it too.. what a load of rubbish mind over matter etc... but after doing this 'tapping' 3 times i no longer wanted the chocolate that was infront of me, even when she made us all taste it , it didn't taste of chocolate at all . ( and it was galaxy, i loveeee galaxy)

i tried it later on at home when i got a craving again and blow me down it worked again.

have a look on you tube

some of you that watch celeb get me out of here may have seen sinita doing it

why not give it a try , its something you have to do regulary but it is ment to be good for slimming and smoking too.

hope you find something that helps you quit. oh and my friend gave up using champix too so it works for some.

good luck xx"

Tapping ?

Mabye it was EMDR !

I know abit about it...tapping pressure points on the body...kinda external acupuncture...was developed to treat acute trauma in Vietnam vets...a kinda pyscotherapy ..

Yep...it works..strangely eh !!

I gave up after using the patches, though they took some getting lit

dirtybigbadsgirlville

bet u`ve got a fag in ur mouth while typing that actually no, already had my morning one, il save the two i allow myself one at tea time and one last thing xx

what do u do after a shag

"

wipe me foo foo

I gave up with patches, after one previous false start. I just made myself so busy and put myself in so many situations where I couldn't have a cig that I had no alternative but not to smoke.

I got cravings for a good while after but they've practically gone now, I just resisted. I gave up for health reasons. I'm very glad that I did now.

Wolf

I tried Chamfix and its predesessor....made me feel quite unwell...spiritually and emotionally....bugger that stuff..

By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Northants

This is going to seem like a silly idea, but it worked for me..

1. Forget silly electronic fags! They just make you look needy and people know you were/are a smoker.

2. Buy yourself a Bic Chrystal ballpoint pen. (Or other make/model that suits you)

OK, one of the biggest things to overcome when giving up is what to do with your hands. For years they have been used to hold a cigarette and wave it about. So, the Bic is held as you would a fag, but not between the fingers. Hold it as a pen.

In the pub, restaurant, snack bar and even swingers club you always have a pen to hand so you can jot down food/drink orders and names and addresses. When you feel like it, make it look like you are chewing the end of the pen!

Same effect as those daft electronic cigarettes, but you don't then have to wean yourself of the nicotine.

Plus you friend will always see you as the one who is prepared!

Sounds silly I know, but it can and does work, because the addiction is only part of the problem. Habit is way stronger and that is why most people start again... At worst, go with the electronic thing, but if you do patches, you still have to find something to do with your hands (in a vanilla situation! )

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"This is going to seem like a silly idea, but it worked for me..

1. Forget silly electronic fags! They just make you look needy and people know you were/are a smoker.

2. Buy yourself a Bic Chrystal ballpoint pen. (Or other make/model that suits you)

OK, one of the biggest things to overcome when giving up is what to do with your hands. For years they have been used to hold a cigarette and wave it about. So, the Bic is held as you would a fag, but not between the fingers. Hold it as a pen.

In the pub, restaurant, snack bar and even swingers club you always have a pen to hand so you can jot down food/drink orders and names and addresses. When you feel like it, make it look like you are chewing the end of the pen!

Same effect as those daft electronic cigarettes, but you don't then have to wean yourself of the nicotine.

Sounds silly I know, but it can and does work, because the addiction is only part of the problem. Habit is way stronger and that is why most people start again... At worst, go with the electronic thing, but if you do patches, you still have to find something to do with your hands (in a vanilla situation! )"

Thanks for that, i know exactly what you mean with the hand thing..i will try it! xx

Bit extreme I know but I'm ill with a kidney and a chest infection at the mo, and haven't felt like a cigarette in days. Hopefully when I'm better the physical cravings will have gone and I just need to tackle the habitual side of smoking.

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Bit extreme I know but I'm ill with a kidney and a chest infection at the mo, and haven't felt like a cigarette in days. Hopefully when I'm better the physical cravings will have gone and I just need to tackle the habitual side of smoking. "
i was like that, but silly fucker i am, packet was on the coffee table and i took one out without thinking n smoked it ....good luck xx

"This is going to seem like a silly idea, but it worked for me..

Sounds silly I know, but it can and does work, because the addiction is only part of the problem. Habit is way stronger and that is why most people start again... At worst, go with the electronic thing, but if you do patches, you still have to find something to do with your hands (in a vanilla situation! )"

Ah but those silly electronic things work. Because I actually enjoy smoking and don't care who know about it. I use it anywhere.

Not had a real cig since starting 2 months ago.

By *ribbageCouple  over a year ago

Liverpool and Bath

I found the physical cravings the easiest to beat. Its the habitual things you have to fight. Smoking whilst drinking was the hardest ( before the ban ) so I changed what i drank to break the association. Environmental triggers are the thing, I rember something about soldiers in Vietnam who were mostly all whacked out on morphine having a very low addiction rate once back in the US because the assoociations were gone.

Try changing somethings, like routines, avoid places you used to smoke( favourite chair ) sounds stupid but it can only help.

Barry

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Smoking is the last vice i have(well the last one i want to give up) i have cut down from 50+ to around 30 a day. Ive been smoking 35 years.

I tried banning myself from smoking in the house but crept that one back in. But is definetly on my list for next year once i hit target weight. My doctor told me not to try at the moment. But i have to do it

"I found the physical cravings the easiest to beat. Its the habitual things you have to fight. Smoking whilst drinking was the hardest ( before the ban ) so I changed what i drank to break the association. Environmental triggers are the thing, I rember something about soldiers in Vietnam who were mostly all whacked out on morphine having a very low addiction rate once back in the US because the assoociations were gone.

Try changing somethings, like routines, avoid places you used to smoke( favourite chair ) sounds stupid but it can only help.

Barry"

Yes, but the problem is most people give up for health or monetary reasons, not because they really want to, I started using he e cigs out of curiosity, and they're good. They're not marketed as a quitting aid, they offer an alternative.

Why give up something you enjoy if you don't have to.

By *ribbageCouple  over a year ago

Liverpool and Bath

"Yes, but the problem is most people give up for health or monetary reasons, not because they really want to, I started using he e cigs out of curiosity, and they're good. They're not marketed as a quitting aid, they offer an alternative.

Why give up something you enjoy if you don't have to."

You obviously dont think a long life is worth living, I assume you are depressed. Probably from too much smoking. Only joking. I agree smoking was enjoyable, but there are far more enjoyable things, unfortunately people start smoking young before they discoverother pleasures. Personally I'm now addicted to prescription drugs and probably drink too much, but at least they always give me a hit unlike smoking which just becomes habitual.

"Yes, but the problem is most people give up for health or monetary reasons, not because they really want to, I started using he e cigs out of curiosity, and they're good. They're not marketed as a quitting aid, they offer an alternative.

Why give up something you enjoy if you don't have to.

You obviously dont think a long life is worth living, I assume you are depressed. Probably from too much smoking. Only joking. I agree smoking was enjoyable, but there are far more enjoyable things, unfortunately people start smoking young before they discoverother pleasures. Personally I'm now addicted to prescription drugs and probably drink too much, but at least they always give me a hit unlike smoking which just becomes habitual."

Lets just say I'd prefer a shorter happier one than a long miserable one.

By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Northants

"Ah but those silly electronic things work. Because I actually enjoy smoking and don't care who know about it. I use it anywhere.

"

By your own admission, you are no longer a smoker! But you are still addicted! Those “silly electronic things” give out nicotine which is what causes the addiction. Why anyone would want to be seen to be slave to something like that I just don’t understand.

But in the spirit of Fabsters everywhere… Each to their own

" Ah but those silly electronic things work. Because I actually enjoy smoking and don't care who know about it. I use it anywhere.

By your own admission, you are no longer a smoker! But you are still addicted! Those “silly electronic things” give out nicotine which is what causes the addiction. Why anyone would want to be seen to be slave to something like that I just don’t understand.

But in the spirit of Fabsters everywhere… Each to their own

"

Yes, I'm addicted to nicotine, but it does me no real harm, where as tobacco does. It's the far lesser of two evils.

I can deal with the nicotine if and when I choose.

In the famous words of lee evans use the patches, stick one over each eye and you cant find your fags anywhere

By *utzzCouple  over a year ago

wrexham

Good luck to everyone trying to give up, and congrats to everyone who's succeeded!

The daft looking e-fags get a big thumbs up from me, using one now after failing with every other method over the last few years. It's not been long but I feel much more confident this time will work. I'm not having any cravings at all cos I'm getting my nic fix, and still have the "pleasure of smoking" so I don't feel like I'm deprivIng myself of anything.

"Bit extreme I know but I'm ill with a kidney and a chest infection at the mo, and haven't felt like a cigarette in days. Hopefully when I'm better the physical cravings will have gone and I just need to tackle the habitual side of smoking. i was like that, but silly fucker i am, packet was on the coffee table and i took one out without thinking n smoked it ....good luck xx"

Well I've got none in the house, so no immediate temptation to smoke.

"Good luck to everyone trying to give up, and congrats to everyone who's succeeded!

The daft looking e-fags get a big thumbs up from me, using one now after failing with every other method over the last few years. It's not been long but I feel much more confident this time will work. I'm not having any cravings at all cos I'm getting my nic fix, and still have the "pleasure of smoking" so I don't feel like I'm deprivIng myself of anything. "

Good for you, everybody I know that's tried them say exactly the same.

Trying to give up yet again here.

Mainly trying to go cold turkey with the odd Nicorette spray.

Tried Champix a few years back, turned me into a right nasty twat, always in a bad mood and always provoking a fight.

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Trying to give up yet again here.

Mainly trying to go cold turkey with the odd Nicorette spray.

Tried Champix a few years back, turned me into a right nasty twat, always in a bad mood and always provoking a fight."

i use the nicotine spray, after it taking me 30 minutes to work out how to actually use it , it tastes fucking awful....took my breath away!

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

i'm told it gets easier.

usually i just torture myself,for 3 or 4 days,then start again.

good luck,it will be worth it.

Yeah the mouth spray does taste like licking an ashtray, buthave you ever tried the nasal spray ? it's like macing\pepper spraying yourself it's that strong

By *irtydanMan  over a year ago

Blackpool

i stopped on them 3 years now id advise you go to your doctors they will have a stop smokeing clinic there

My Bro still smokes 10 a day, even though he buried our father who died of smoking-related diseases over 6y ago.

I would have thought/hoped that should have been a wake up call for him, however, that was not the case.

So good luck to femme and everyone else who is trying to give up!

By *ashful BazMan  over a year ago

poole dorset

Best of luck giving up femme, I know it's easier said than done.

I spotted my 15 year old niece lit up recently, and told her she is so stupid to start up, but they think they know everything at that age.

I [ mrs ] smoked for over 30 years, and had been thinking about trying to give up for a while, then I got a really bad toothache which lasted about 3 days, during which I didn't smoke, so I thought thats it !!. I kept my ciggies and lighter in my bag so I knew if I wanted one I could have it, That was 5 months ago, not had one yet !!. So I think a good positive attitude and just keep telling yourself that you are doing it because you want to , not cos you have to, is the key...I hope you're successful...good luck xx

"

I gave up with the help of Zyban nearly five years ago I went from 25+ a day to a non smoker in just under 2 weeks, the hardest part was the cravings once you have stopped the nicotine intake, I decorated the whole house, in a bid to take my mind of the urges, also found things to do in the garden after a meal or instead of sitting down for a coffee when I would normally have a ciggie. I used to smoke like a trooper when I was at the PC screen so found I had to take more breaks and find things to do just to stem the cravings. With me its wasn't so much the lack of nicotine as retraining my hands to do other things...

Five years on and I'm still a non smoker, the down side is that going from 25+ a day to zero in such a short space of time thanks to the Zyban and my bodies sudden lack of nicotine sent my thyroid wonky so I new suffer with an over active thyroid!!

Best of luck to anyone who's trying its not easy but you will get there x

By *adchickCouple  over a year ago

Cyprus

First time I used them, I cried for about 2 weeks...... sent me paranoid.

Second time.... no problems, I gave up for 18 months.

Then I met Jason!!!

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

First time I used them, I cried for about 2 weeks...... sent me paranoid.

Second time.... no problems, I gave up for 18 months.

Then I met Jason!!! "

I used Champix after my sis had successfully given up. We called them suicide pills as the only warning our Dr gave us was that if we felt down or depressed we should stop taking them. Our kid's just had her 2 year smokeless anniversary and I'm on 15 months...neither of us had much side effects other than a bit of insomnia. I go down my mams now (a 60 a day-er) and can't stay more than 1/2 an hour anymore

By *he Happy ManMan  over a year ago

Merseyside

The easiest wey to give up smoking is use hypnosis. However there are a lot of bad hypnotherpaists out here. Find somebody with a good reputation.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

Merseyside

Just go cold turkey.

Imagine it is impossible to get some i.e dessert island, war, cashless , held hostage etc....

You'd just have to go without. You won't die. The world wont stop turning. The economy won't crash further. There is nothing to lose and much to gain.

Just do it.

» Add a new message to this topic