FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Controversial and personal life thread topics

Controversial and personal life thread topics

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

There appears to be more controversial topics and far too many private personal life threads being posted lately and offence being taken by comments made.

Why post to the forum if you are not prepared for honest comments and back lash from other forum members? I know a few of my recent comments have upset some.

Perhaps the OPs should stick to Facebook and Mumsnet.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Which threads?

It's possibly the tone in which people write which can cause some offence.

There's no need to be rude or sarcastic when adding our thoughts or ideas.

There needs to be more controversy on Fab.

There's far to many people (mainly a certain coterie of men) cropping up on all threads posting pointless one line inanities as they think its going to get them a shag.

Its making the forums boring as hell. I like a good debate!

"Which threads?"

She commented on one of my threads saying boo hoo which was her opinion. Never noticed her before so doesn't qualify for promotion to my 9 club.

"There appears to be more controversial topics and far too many private personal life threads being posted lately and offence being taken by comments made.

Why post to the forum if you are not prepared for honest comments and back lash from other forum members? I know a few of my recent comments have upset some.

Perhaps the OPs should stick to Facebook and Mumsnet. "

because this forum is about its regulars who don't debate well they don't really acknowledge newbie comments and if you dare to say anything then you are castigated by certain people,forums are for differing opinions, we don't all think the same

By *ire_bladeMan  over a year ago

Manchester

It's dead simple you don't like a thread or even the op don't post on it find something or better still post a more interesting thread of your own. If your a newbie are like me you got dropped off by the ark you don't own the forum it's all of ours and up to us to make it the fun place it's supposed to be....

I personally like constructive criticism, that's how people learn, I'm all for people having opinions and offering different views, that's the whole point of posting on a forum. But it's the silly comments that don't contain any advice and are usually just personal digs at the op, there's no purpose for them other than to create discord.

By *bsolutebeginnersCouple  over a year ago

Planet Ork

"Which threads?

She commented on one of my threads saying boo hoo which was her opinion. Never noticed her before so doesn't qualify for promotion to my 9 club. "

What’s the 9 club?

It's a very valid point OP.

For people with such a liberal view on sex many have a very conservative, almost dictatorial on freedom of thought and opinion

"Which threads?

She commented on one of my threads saying boo hoo which was her opinion. Never noticed her before so doesn't qualify for promotion to my 9 club. "

Is there only 9?

"Which threads?

She commented on one of my threads saying boo hoo which was her opinion. Never noticed her before so doesn't qualify for promotion to my 9 club.

What’s the 9 club? "

It's a list of cunts. There's currently 9 on mine

"There needs to be more controversy on Fab.

There's far to many people (mainly a certain coterie of men) cropping up on all threads posting pointless one line inanities as they think its going to get them a shag.

Its making the forums boring as hell. I like a good debate!"

I quite agree I often click onto forum look at the Boring things being discussed and think I have accidentally logged in to Facebook one such the change a letter game???? please people the clue is in the name Adult site there are millions of platforms for such inanity (nice use of the word coterie BTW)

"I personally like constructive criticism, that's how people learn, I'm all for people having opinions and offering different views, that's the whole point of posting on a forum. But it's the silly comments that don't contain any advice and are usually just personal digs at the op, there's no purpose for them other than to create discord. "

If you believe that you don't practice it. Well didn't on the thread about the lad you fancy.

You took offence at every post that challenged your view saying it wasn't constructive. Almost every post was constructive but because it wasn't what you wanted to hear your labelled them as negative

You even resorted to name calling at one stage. How is that constructive?

By *ineMan  over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

Perhaps OP there are ways of posting comments or even debating that do not require the need for a back-lash or the unnecessary attacking of others to make a point.

Planet Ork

I quite agree I often click onto forum look at the Boring things being discussed and think I have accidentally logged in to Facebook one such the change a letter game???? please people the clue is in the name Adult site there are millions of platforms for such inanity (nice use of the word coterie BTW)"

But I can’t log into Facebook and see who wants to fuck me, snog me or buy me a drink

I quite agree I often click onto forum look at the Boring things being discussed and think I have accidentally logged in to Facebook one such the change a letter game???? please people the clue is in the name Adult site there are millions of platforms for such inanity (nice use of the word coterie BTW)"

What would be an interesting discussion?

I quite agree I often click onto forum look at the Boring things being discussed and think I have accidentally logged in to Facebook one such the change a letter game???? please people the clue is in the name Adult site there are millions of platforms for such inanity (nice use of the word coterie BTW)

But I can’t log into Facebook and see who wants to fuck me, snog me or buy me a drink "

Haha you need to widen your circle of facebook friends

"Perhaps OP there are ways of posting comments or even debating that do not require the need for a back-lash or the unnecessary attacking of others to make a point.

"

If only that were true.

Generally people take offence to some level with anyone who disagrees with them.

Also if someone has strong opinions and goes against the majority they are seen as a troublemaker.

Ironically those with opinions that differ from the masses have probably given their view more thought than those who sit and nod.

One in particular who thinks it makes him look edgy, controversial and funny. But he just makes himself look a cunt. No names mentioned as I’m sure it’s against the rules

"There appears to be more controversial topics and far too many private personal life threads being posted lately and offence being taken by comments made.

Perhaps the OPs should stick to Facebook and Mumsnet. because this forum is about its regulars who don't debate well they don't really acknowledge newbie comments and if you dare to say anything then you are castigated by certain people,forums are for differing opinions, we don't all think the same "

amen to that

But I can’t log into Facebook and see who wants to fuck me, snog me or buy me a drink Haha you need to widen your circle of facebook friends"

I will happily buy you a drink if it leads to widening your circle haha

What would be an interesting discussion? "

There used to be loads, but then the toxic Brexit debates got all the political/current affairs topics shoved into a separate place and with it went people that liked to debate.

I can see why admin did it but its made the rest of the forums quite dull.

Perhaps the OPs should stick to Facebook and Mumsnet. because this forum is about its regulars who don't debate well they don't really acknowledge newbie comments and if you dare to say anything then you are castigated by certain people,forums are for differing opinions, we don't all think the same

amen to that "

I wonder if I'm in the 9 club that would be an accolade don't you think ha

Planet Ork

But I can’t log into Facebook and see who wants to fuck me, snog me or buy me a drink Haha you need to widen your circle of facebook friends

I will happily buy you a drink if it leads to widening your circle haha"

It would have to be a good drink to justify a 470 mile drive

"One in particular who thinks it makes him look edgy, controversial and funny. But he just makes himself look a cunt. No names mentioned as I’m sure it’s against the rules "

That's your view. Perhaps he just sees things differently, and is happy to give his opinion and have his view challenged.

Perhaps he isn't seeking approval and is being honest and true to himself not false and desperately seeking reassurance.

Or maybe he is actually a cunt

There used to be loads, but then the toxic Brexit debates got all the political/current affairs topics shoved into a separate place and with it went people that liked to debate.

I can see why admin did it but its made the rest of the forums quite dull."

I agree. There can be other topics that are interesting apart from politics though.

By *lenderfoxMan  over a year ago

Leeds

Political debates become too partisan, plenty of other interesting topics to discuss

"One in particular who thinks it makes him look edgy, controversial and funny. But he just makes himself look a cunt. No names mentioned as I’m sure it’s against the rules

That's your view. Perhaps he just sees things differently, and is happy to give his opinion and have his view challenged.

Perhaps he isn't seeking approval and is being honest and true to himself not false and desperately seeking reassurance.

Or maybe he is actually a cunt"

Ha nice response

If people didn’t comment on them then they wouldn’t keep cropping up and getting repeated would they. Who decides what can or can’t be the subject of a thread?

I agree. There can be other topics that are interesting apart from politics though. "

Interesting to me is anything that makes me think in order to form an opinion.

People should be encouraged to challenge other people's views. As long as it's not personal it's healthy and that is a fact...in my opinion

I can see why admin did it but its made the rest of the forums quite dull."

Well why not just go to the politics section where you will find such debates?

"I personally like constructive criticism, that's how people learn, I'm all for people having opinions and offering different views, that's the whole point of posting on a forum. But it's the silly comments that don't contain any advice and are usually just personal digs at the op, there's no purpose for them other than to create discord. "

Gutted I can’t join your 9 club! I’m here for fun, and so should everyone else not to offer advice. Sadly FS isn’t what it used to be 5+ years ago.

Well why not just go to the politics section where you will find such debates?"

You've missed my point. The Lounge is the place where new people come first. In my opinion its not interesting and so they don't stay.

I agree. There can be other topics that are interesting apart from politics though.

Interesting to me is anything that makes me think in order to form an opinion.

People should be encouraged to challenge other people's views. As long as it's not personal it's healthy and that is a fact...in my opinion "

I try and incite debate but usually fuck it up one way or another.

I think there are ways of posting an opinion on every subject without being deliberately cunty.

That being said, some folk just aren’t aware that they are being cunty.

It’s a fine line.

"Which threads?

What’s the 9 club?

It's a list of cunts. There's currently 9 on mine "

hahahaha brilliant

"One in particular who thinks it makes him look edgy, controversial and funny. But he just makes himself look a cunt. No names mentioned as I’m sure it’s against the rules "

Cunt you say, wonder who that is ?!

Well why not just go to the politics section where you will find such debates?

You've missed my point. The Lounge is the place where new people come first. In my opinion its not interesting and so they don't stay."

I take your point 100%.

Not everyone finds every topic interesting and pick and choose where they contribute however if topics are spread out it naturally reduces the volume of replies meaning even interesting subjects can become slow

Some do it for attention or look it’s me

Or start something to troll imho

By *lceeWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Some commenters have actually made me leave fab entirely for months at a time. I work in media relations, used to work in politics and I have a very thick skin. It was never their digs at me that made me want to leave, but rather the way they hijacked every thread, poured relentless negativity over everyone and used their intelligence to belittle or dismiss people so that others were either too scared to respond or too angry to respond well.

I love a good debate. Absolutely love it. But their is a way to do it that doesn’t put others’ backs up. We’re all free to have our own opinions and should celebrate it, rather than use it as an excuse to be horrible to or dismissive of others.

Though, I’m sure people have thought I’m a cunt too from time to time.

By *lceeWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"Some commenters have actually made me leave fab entirely for months at a time. I work in media relations, used to work in politics and I have a very thick skin. It was never their digs at me that made me want to leave, but rather the way they hijacked every thread, poured relentless negativity over everyone and used their intelligence to belittle or dismiss people so that others were either too scared to respond or too angry to respond well.

I love a good debate. Absolutely love it. But their is a way to do it that doesn’t put others’ backs up. We’re all free to have our own opinions and should celebrate it, rather than use it as an excuse to be horrible to or dismissive of others.

Though, I’m sure people have thought I’m a cunt too from time to time. "

*there. Gawd, I need to go back to bed, I’m way too ill for this

My dad had a saying it went like this.

"Opions are like arseholes; we all have them. But not everyone wants to hear it"

Leeds

"Some commenters have actually made me leave fab entirely for months at a time. I work in media relations, used to work in politics and I have a very thick skin. It was never their digs at me that made me want to leave, but rather the way they hijacked every thread, poured relentless negativity over everyone and used their intelligence to belittle or dismiss people so that others were either too scared to respond or too angry to respond well.

"

This is what I find the worst

Though, I’m sure people have thought I’m a cunt too from time to time. "

One of them was steamrolling threads yesterday, haven’t seen him about today.

"I personally like constructive criticism, that's how people learn, I'm all for people having opinions and offering different views, that's the whole point of posting on a forum. But it's the silly comments that don't contain any advice and are usually just personal digs at the op, there's no purpose for them other than to create discord.

Gutted I can’t join your 9 club! I’m here for fun, and so should everyone else not to offer advice. Sadly FS isn’t what it used to be 5+ years ago. "

But there's plenty of light hearted threads for people who want to mess around or have fun.

If there's a thread asking for advice then I offer advice, if a thread is jokey then I'll take the piss and be jokey, that's how it's always been, and I've been here 8 years.

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

Where would you like me?

This kind of comment perfectly illustrates what stops interesting discussions and debates. Little, not too subtle digs and ad hominem posts are just displays of twuntish behaviour. It puts people off posting again or makes them want to avoid certain topics and posters so you just end up with a sort of odd angry circle jerk with the same few posters debating an issue and using their intelligence in a way that makes some feel uncomfortable and too intimidated to post and join in.

I love a good debate and yeah, I've been a bit twuntish before but now I mainly can't be arsed with it.

"I think there are ways of posting an opinion on every subject without being deliberately cunty.

It’s a fine line."

It is a fine line but it shouldn't be.

What you see as deliberately cunty others see as dry wit.

I accept I'm "guilty" of being a bit sarcastic with some replies but it's never abusive yet a lot of people get offended.

Compare that to how some people have responded to me and tell me which is more offensive.

I'm not offended btw but a tongue in cheek put down of an opinion shouldn't cause the level of outrage some people display.

"One in particular who thinks it makes him look edgy, controversial and funny. But he just makes himself look a cunt. No names mentioned as I’m sure it’s against the rules

This kind of comment perfectly illustrates what stops interesting discussions and debates. Little, not too subtle digs and ad hominem posts are just displays of twuntish behaviour. It puts people off posting again or makes them want to avoid certain topics and posters so you just end up with a sort of odd angry circle jerk with the same few posters debating an issue and using their intelligence in a way that makes some feel uncomfortable and too intimidated to post and join in.

I love a good debate and yeah, I've been a bit twuntish before but now I mainly can't be arsed with it. "

Totally agree. We need decent, interesting debate without the knobs.

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

Coterie - nice word

It is good with all sorts of threads and comments, the ones about brexit and politics are also fun, it looks like a no deal lol.

"Some do it for attention or look it’s me

Or start something to troll imho "

The troll accusation always seems to be levelled at anyone who doesn't conform to popular opinion on any site.

Are you aware of what idealology your views belong to?

By *hedevilwearspradaWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere nearby

As forum members go, I’m a relative newbie, but I have definitely been put off posting at times as I’ve felt intimidated by others who are obviously more intelligent than me. Now I’m aware that’s my issue, but I’m fairly sure I’m not the only one that feels like that

I’ve also noticed that some posters get away with starting threads and making comments, that if others did, they would get ridiculed and slagged off for being attention seeking/needy/stupid/whatever.

I've actually noticed that some men after going through a period of being ignored, either here or the real world, they tend to post deliberately provocative comments. It's the only way they can get people to interact with them.

"As forum members go, I’m a relative newbie, but I have definitely been put off posting at times as I’ve felt intimidated by others who are obviously more intelligent than me. Now I’m aware that’s my issue, but I’m fairly sure I’m not the only one that feels like that

I’ve also noticed that some posters get away with starting threads and making comments, that if others did, they would get ridiculed and slagged off for being attention seeking/needy/stupid/whatever. "

A few people yesterday mentioned issues with certain posters taking over threads and being intimidating, you're not the only one to feel that way. I hope people don't let those types put them off posting.

"As forum members go, I’m a relative newbie, but I have definitely been put off posting at times as I’ve felt intimidated by others who are obviously more intelligent than me. Now I’m aware that’s my issue, but I’m fairly sure I’m not the only one that feels like that

I’ve also noticed that some posters get away with starting threads and making comments, that if others did, they would get ridiculed and slagged off for being attention seeking/needy/stupid/whatever. "

You make a good point , not saying I'm more intelligent but I'm probably guilty of being too cutting at times which may people off replying. That isn't my intention it's just my way.

You are also spot on about the double standard that applies.

Some veterans of the site do seem offended when newbies are vocal or challenge them on an opinion.

"I've actually noticed that some men after going through a period of being ignored, either here or the real world, they tend to post deliberately provocative comments. It's the only way they can get people to interact with them. "

Maybe you should try to ignore that lad who blanked you.

Maybe he'll interact with you eventually

"I think there are ways of posting an opinion on every subject without being deliberately cunty.

It’s a fine line.

I accept I'm "guilty" of being a bit sarcastic with some replies but it's never abusive yet a lot of people get offended.

Compare that to how some people have responded to me and tell me which is more offensive.

I'm not offended btw but a tongue in cheek put down of an opinion shouldn't cause the level of outrage some people display.

"

I know dry wit, but the trouble with sarcasm and dry humour is that it is so tricky to catch on to in the written word, unless you’re already familiar with the person and know them to be like that, so know that they are joshing with you and not being a giant turd.

Even some of the more obviously funny posts the humour gets missed. It’s just the Fab way.

I’ve not seen that many of your posts, so I can’t comment on how others have responded to you, but some will get you and others won’t, such is life.

My reference to cunty behaviour was directed to the posters that are deliberately mean, not the posters whose humour gets taken the wrong way.

It’s a fine line.

I know dry wit, but the trouble with sarcasm and dry humour is that it is so tricky to catch on to in the written word, unless you’re already familiar with the person and know them to be like that, so know that they are joshing with you and not being a giant turd.

Even some of the more obviously funny posts the humour gets missed. It’s just the Fab way.

I’ve not seen that many of your posts, so I can’t comment on how others have responded to you, but some will get you and others won’t, such is life.

My reference to cunty behaviour was directed to the posters that are deliberately mean, not the posters whose humour gets taken the wrong way."

Good post and fair comments.

Personally I couldn't get offended at anything said on a forum. It may look like i do for the reasons you stated but unless somebody punched me then I don't get offended.

Another issue seems to be some people read what they think is being said rather than what is actually being said.

"Some do it for attention or look it’s me

Or start something to troll imho

The troll accusation always seems to be levelled at anyone who doesn't conform to popular opinion on any site.

Are you aware of what idealology your views belong to?"

i have been here for a number of years and i have my own personal view, some like it some dont but it wont stop me sleeping at night, just as someone on the world wide web doesnt like me or my views!

But I can’t log into Facebook and see who wants to fuck me, snog me or buy me a drink "

Oh don't you get those messages from handsome American men who are working in the Middle East or out on an oilfield somewhere? They usually have a very wholesome photo and have picked you from the many millions of women on Fbook to be their friend? I think the 2nd message probably needs you to lend them money but I always block them before that

I really love a good debate too, that's mostly why I use the forum. It doesn't have to be controversial for me, just thought provoking. I quite like hearing others people's opinions and how certain opinions can be challenged.

I'm also open to changing my opinion on certain topics

Leeds

I really love a good debate too, that's mostly why I use the forum. It doesn't have to be controversial for me, just thought provoking. I quite like hearing others people's opinions and how certain opinions can be challenged.

I'm also open to changing my opinion on certain topics "

Definitely, the best threads are when you learn something new

"I've actually noticed that some men after going through a period of being ignored, either here or the real world, they tend to post deliberately provocative comments. It's the only way they can get people to interact with them.

Maybe you should try to ignore that lad who blanked you.

Maybe he'll interact with you eventually "

I'm not going to do any kind of reaction other than how I normally would be with him and that's just having a laugh and a flirt. If I ignore him it would look like I'm bothered or that I have a problem.

I actually saw him today as I was pulling in to Asda, he passed me in the car and waved but I didn't spot him in time so didn't wave back.

I'm also open to changing my opinion on certain topics

Definitely, the best threads are when you learn something new "

You should start a new post under that topic

By *isaB45Woman  over a year ago

Fabville

I find some of the sycophantic posts somewhat cringeworthy.

I hope I'm not one of those posters referred to on here who put people off joining in. That'd totally defeat the object for me as I'm genuinely interested in hearing other people's views and I'm a firm believer that wisdom can come from anywhere, even the most unexpected sources. At this point, for example, my little 4 yr old boy is teaching me so much about life. If you met me you'd know that I'm just a chatterbox and I love exploring ideas. But I'm the opposite of an intellectual dogmatist. I'm an irreverent questioner

I'm so sorry if I've come across differently from that

By *iSTARessWoman  over a year ago

London

I've had numerous time outs due to being too forthright so have regular forum breaks due to the inane, the bitchy, the attention seeking.

Yes there's a lot of drivel on here but not worth getting annoyed about

I don’t think there’s any real controversial threads on here.

Just good examples of certain people trying too hard to appear genuinely controversial

"I don’t think there’s any real controversial threads on here.

Just good examples of certain people trying too hard to appear genuinely controversial "

There is one that has just started. I'm not sure why the OP doesn't entitle it, 'Hey look at me".

Just good examples of certain people trying too hard to appear genuinely controversial

There is one that has just started. I'm not sure why the OP doesn't entitle it, 'Hey look at me"."

Err no

There is one that has just started. I'm not sure why the OP doesn't entitle it, 'Hey look at me"."

and an example of a bullyish forumite

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

Merseyside

ello ......... this is me and this is inanity.

Go right ahead and question my sanity.

Open your gob and say no offence meant.

But you know it's you who is high - ly - intell- i - gent.

You hope no one minds that oft you are dead blunt

And it's just out of order to call you a right cunt.

You just needed to point out that others are borin'

You don't want discussion just wankin' n whorin'

So fuck off to anyone who isn't like you

They don't fit your needs and they can't join your crew

You are the captain, the pilot the driver...

It should all go your way cos you spent a BIG fiver.....

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

Merseyside

or in my case you didn't .....

I've been put off too, but by them quoting bullshit off Wiki pedia doesn't make them more intelligent

" ello ......... this is me and this is inanity.

"

brilliant as always gwanny

If I had come onto the forums as a new user and seen all political threads I'd have left them and not come back.

" ello ......... this is me and this is inanity.

"

Ha very good

» Add a new message to this topic