FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Unscheduled day...

Unscheduled day...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Off. My work place is a nightmare as they work on annualised days off. Meaning I work 5 days one week and 6 the following. If they’re quiet I get back to work of an afternoon and find out I have the following day off. This is such a pain as it never leaves me time to plan anything and almost everybody is busy as it’s late notice. Does anybody else suffer with this type of thing and what do you get up to when not having time to plan anything?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

That sounds like rubbish planning on their part. How can you ever book time off for a holiday?

"Off. My work place is a nightmare as they work on annualised days off. Meaning I work 5 days one week and 6 the following. If they’re quiet I get back to work of an afternoon and find out I have the following day off. This is such a pain as it never leaves me time to plan anything and almost everybody is busy as it’s late notice. Does anybody else suffer with this type of thing and what do you get up to when not having time to plan anything? "

It would drive me a little spare to be honest!

I’d probably end up drawing up a list of things and places that I wanted to do/see and on one of those days just shoot off to it. That way the day isn’t wasted and you feel like you’re getting worth from your free time, rather than mooching it away

"That sounds like rubbish planning on their part. How can you ever book time off for a holiday?"

Booking holiday doesn’t seem to be an issue there it’s more the fact I’m meant to have 2 days a week of and more often than not it doesn’t seem to happen

"Off. My work place is a nightmare as they work on annualised days off. Meaning I work 5 days one week and 6 the following. If they’re quiet I get back to work of an afternoon and find out I have the following day off. This is such a pain as it never leaves me time to plan anything and almost everybody is busy as it’s late notice. Does anybody else suffer with this type of thing and what do you get up to when not having time to plan anything?

It would drive me a little spare to be honest!

I’d probably end up drawing up a list of things and places that I wanted to do/see and on one of those days just shoot off to it. That way the day isn’t wasted and you feel like you’re getting worth from your free time, rather than mooching it away"

It really does.

I have got a list of things I would like to go and do but it’s always nice for the company while doing them. Not that I’m opposed to my own company of course.

Looks like it’ll be a day up Cannock chase biking tomorrow for me

"That sounds like rubbish planning on their part. How can you ever book time off for a holiday?

Booking holiday doesn’t seem to be an issue there it’s more the fact I’m meant to have 2 days a week of and more often than not it doesn’t seem to happen "

Do you get paid for all the hours you do?

I like Tea Monkey's suggestion. I'm going to do what he says and draw up a list.

"That sounds like rubbish planning on their part. How can you ever book time off for a holiday?

Booking holiday doesn’t seem to be an issue there it’s more the fact I’m meant to have 2 days a week of and more often than not it doesn’t seem to happen

I like Tea Monkey's suggestion. I'm going to do what he says and draw up a list. "

Good question. It all seems a bit fishy to me. My contract stipulates that any overtime worked is to be paid at the end of the month. Yet the way they do it, is if any days are owed to me come the end of the year it gets paid in my final month. Pros and cons I guess.... taxed to hell in December but a nice little cash injection to get Christmas sorted.

The main bonus to my job is the fact it’s job and knock

I like Tea Monkey's suggestion. I'm going to do what he says and draw up a list. "

*doffs cap*

It’s what I do now with spare weekends

» Add a new message to this topic